BDes Distance Education: Bachelor of Design is a 4-year distance learning undergraduate program that teaches in-depth design skills to researchers. Students can gain experience in the design industry through internships, events, and exhibitions. Eligibility criteria include passing a 12th-grade or equivalent test with a and an AICTE-approved design diploma program. Fees range from INR 30,000 to INR 1,60,000 per annum.
BDes Distance Education Latest Admission Updates: February 2024
- The last date is 29 February 2024 for Bachelor of Design distance education admission at the IMTS Institute for the 2024 academic session. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply before the deadline. Apply Now
- Admission to Subharti University’s Bachelor of Design distance programme is now open for the 2024–2025 academic year. Fill out the application form by 29 February 2024.Apply Now
- Distance Bachelor of Design admission started at NIILM University Haryana for the 2024–2025 academic year. The application deadline for admission is 28 February 2024.Apply Now
- 29 February 2024 is the last date for the BDesign admission at Mangalayatan University for the 2024 academic year. Apply Now
For admission to any distance program applicants should match the below eligibility criteria.
- In order to be eligible for the BDes Distance program, candidates must pass their 12th grade or equivalent test with a minimum percentage of 50%.
- BDes can be pursued by students who have completed an AICTE-approved design diploma program.
The fees for a BDes distance course typically vary from INR 30,000 – INR 1,60,000 per annum.
The admissions process for the BDes Distance Education course is based on entrance exams also merit-based UG admissions.
BDes Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Full-Form of Course
|Bachelor of Design
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board or its Equivalent
|Average Course Fees
|INR 30,000 – INR 1,60,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|Fashion Design, Interior Design, Textile Design, Graphic Design, etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 3.5 LPA – INR 5.5 LPA
|Graphic Designer, Fashion Designer, Apparel Designer, etc.
What is BDes Distance Education Course?
BDes is an excellent career for those candidates interested in design because, in BDes, Students learn different things about designing. The course is beneficial for students as it is job oriented and students can get a job just after completing the course. Students can work with MNCs and domestic companies with decent salary packages.
Product design, industrial design, and fashion design are among the specializations offered through BDes Distance Learning. BDes graduates are qualified for a variety of positions, including customer interface designers, design engineers, information developers, etc. Finally, this is an excellent chance for BDes applicants.
The best thing about the course comes from the wide scope of careers. Students can start their jobs with decent salary packages. The course is offered in distance mode by several universities. Students do not need to attend physical classes and they can continue other activities in which they are involved.
Is BDes Distance Education Worth it?
Getting a B.Des degree in distance mode can be worth it if you obtain this degree from the best and most recognized institutes in India.
- Skills: B.Des, through distance mode, B.Des will learn skills in image designing, product designing, fashion communicating, industrial designing, and more. Besides these skills, this course can also improve the communication and writing skills of students.
- Time Flexibility: Flexibility is a fundamental advantage of distance B.Des education. Learning may be adapted by both teachers and students to fit their schedules.
- Fee and cost: B.Des Distance learning is a poor-friendly course. It is too much cheaper than doing B.Des in regular mode. It charges costs between INR 30 K to 160K overall.
- Earn While You Learn: Distance learning doesn’t ask for students to be on call at a set hour like B.Des regular classes do. So students have a lot of time to earn money by doing a side business or job.
BDes Distance Education Admission 2024
The admission process at Numerous Universities for BDes Distance Education courses has been started for the January session. Those students who are interested in taking admission to the BDes Distance Education program can apply at the respective university’s official website. The application form can filled out before the last date of admission to the course. Candidates can also apply offline by going to the campus of the university. The eligibility criteria and the complete admission process are given further in the article.
For admission to BDes Distance courses, universities are accepting both online and offline processes. Students can apply through the official website for online admission and offline admission can be done by visiting the administration office of the university.
Eligibility for BDes Distance Education
Those students who want to enroll in this course must have to match BDes eligibility criteria. Admission to this course depends on the colleges and Universities;
- Students must have completed their 10+2 class from an accredited higher education board with a minimum of 45% in order to be considered eligible.
- Some universities provide direct admission based on marks acquired in the 10+2 Standard, and some are admitted based on the Entrance Exam.
BDes Distance Education Fee
The fee of distance education courses is lower compared to regular mode courses. Several universities are offering BDes through distance education, and the fee for the course also varies from one university to another. An average fee for the BDes course in distance mode ranges from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 1,60,000 per annum.
BDes Distance Education Application Form
A student can get the application forms on the university’s official website. There are universities that accept applications online, while most universities follow an online application process. It is important for the student to fill out the application form carefully. All the information should be filled up without errors.
BDes Distance Education Admission Process 2024
The admission process can be completed in a few steps. To help students, all steps are mentioned below. Students should follow the steps to complete the admission process easily.
- To pursue this BDes Distance Education course, the candidate must fill out the admission application form from the college’s official website.
- Candidates first have to fill out the admission application form; after that, check the preview of the filled application form.
- Fill in all the information correctly; otherwise, the incorrect or inappropriately filled application forms will be rejected without notifying the applicant.
- The candidate must save the fee receipt and application form receipt for future updates.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
Here is the list of documents required for admission to BDes distance education.
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate.
- Adhaar Card is required for verification.
- Pan card.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Passport Size Photo.
Benefits of BDes Distance Education
- BDes. Open Learning is a high-demand course nowadays, as the industry has seen massive growth in recent times.
- According to many surveys from many reputed agencies, the Indian Fashion Industry has seen rapid growth.
- The students will have the option to get specialization from many courses like BDes open learning in Fashion Design, BDes in Fashion Communication, BDes in Product Design, etc.
- You will be getting the opportunity to turn into an entrepreneur as you will learn in deep about this field.
- The students who want to continue their education to another level can opt for PG DDE courses.
BDes Distance Education Syllabus
|Introduction to Design
|Fundamentals of Computing in Design
|Elements of Design
|Principles of Design
|Material Studies in Design
|Electrical and Electronics Studies in Design
|Communication Studies in Design
|Applied Mechanics for Design
|Technical Design Drawing
|Rendering and Illustration
|Architectural Studies in Design-I
|Design Management-I, Consumer Psychology
|Communication Studies in Design-II
|Model Making and Hand Tools Workshop
|Solid Modelling in Computer-Aided Design
|Surface Modelling in Computer-Aided Vision
|English Language and Technical Writing
|Universal Human Values and Professional Ethics
|Nature and Form
|Design Project-II, Display, and Control Design
|Simple Product Design
|Product Branding and Identity
|Design Management- I
|Design Research and Methodology-II
|Applied Statistics and Infographics
|Design Research and Methodology-I
|Materials and Processes in Design-I
|Connectivity and Mobility
|Control System in Design
|Design Project- IV
|Design Project- III
|Software User Interface Design
|Professional Practice in Design
|Design Degree Project
|Form in Four Dimension
|Material and processes in Design-II, Production Planning
BDes Distance Education Specializations
In the BDes distance education program, students learn about different design processes, specializations, and communication styles. It has a large number of specializations from which students can choose. Here are some examples.
|BDes in Fashion Design
|BDes in Product Design
|BDes in Interior Design
|BDes in Communication Design
|BDes in Graphic Design
|BDes in Industrial Design
|BDes in Web Design
|BDes in Textile and Apparel Design
|BDes in Visual Design
|BDes in Animation
|BDes in Fashion Communication
|Bdes in Leather Design
BDes Distance Education Top Colleges in India
The number of good BDes distance education colleges in India has grown a lot, and some of the best programs in the country are now taught there. The table below shows India’s best BDes distance learning colleges:
|Acharya School Of Design
|Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences
|Apeejay Institute of Design
Skills Required for BDes Distance Education
A Bachelor of Design is a very lucrative area that has given rise to many well-known designers. Some of the skills that all of these great designers have in common that could help you get there are:
- Ability to talk to people well
- Know how to use the newest design tools
- coming up with new ideas
- The ability to think creatively
BDes Distance Education Scope
After completing BDes Distance Education from any recognized university, students can work in the private and government sectors. In the private sector, one can work as a graphic designer, illustrator, fashion merchandiser, and fashion stylist, while in the government sector, the Ministry of Textiles offers a lot of jobs to BDes degree holders. Candidates will be able to apply for jobs not only in India but also abroad. The average, salary offered after this program will be between INR 3.5 LPA to INR 5.5 LPA.
Career Opportunity after BDes Distance Education
Distance BDes degree programs open many career opportunities in fields such as graphic design, fashion design, industrial design, interior design, and multimedia design. Some of the common job roles for the Degree holders of BDes distance programs are:
- Graphic Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Industrial Designer
- Interior Designer
- Multimedia Designer
- User Interface (UI) Designer
- User Experience (UX) Designer
BDes Distance Education Graduates Salary
Graduates of a Bachelor of Design program are ideally suited to enter the workforce as talented employees. In this field, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. Graduates with a Bachelor of Design earn a salary based on their experience and accomplishments.
About INR 2.9 LPA is the average first-year income. Among other things, the salary goes up with age, education, skills, and job title. In India, the average BDes pay per month is between INR 25,000 and INR 60,000. The job titles and salary details for the BDes program are listed below:
|INR 3.9 LPA
|INR 3.7 LPA
|INR 6.3 LPA
|INR 7 LPA
|INR 3.5 LPA
|INR 4.3 LPA
|INR 4.7 LPA
|INR 6.9 LPA
|INR 7.5 LPA
|INR 9.7 LPA
|INR 4.5 LPA
|INR 3.3 LPA
FAQ Regarding BDes Distance Education
Q: What is the duration of BDes Distance Education?
Ans: The duration of the BDes distance education program is four years.
Q: What kind of Job will be offered after the BDes Distance Education program?
Ans: After completing the BDes distance education program, candidates will be able to apply for numerous jobs such as Graphic Designer, Fashion Designer, Apparel Designer, etc.