BPharma Distance Education Admission 2023: Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharma) is a UG program, and the duration of the Course is 4 years. This program is designed to represent pharmacy and co-related fields. The BPharma program can’t be studied and completed in the distance mode according to the UGC norms. However, the program’s structure allows it only to be studied regularly.
There are many UGC-approved institutions that offer pharmacy-oriented degree programs based on their requirements. Let’s take a look at the given sections to find out the admission dates, eligibility, fees, entrance test, and other questions and answers before thinking about applying for this program.
- Course Name: Bachelor of Pharmacy Distance Education
- Eligibility: Students who have completed the 12th class in the science stream (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) can apply for Distance BPharma.
- Fee: The course fee for B.Pharma distance education is INR 55,000 – INR 2,20,000 per annum.
- Duration: The BPharma Distance education course takes 4 years to complete.
- Jobs: Graduates from the BPharma degree program from distance students get jobs like Drug Inspector, Pharmacist Medical Underwriting, etc.
- Salary: BPharma is a professional degree and offers to earn an average salary of up to INR 4 Lakh per annum.
Note: Students can pursue BPharma Distance Education in regular mode only. This course is not available yet in Distance education in India.
B Pharma Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Pharmacy|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||4 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||55%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 55,000 – INR 2,20,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor of Biotechnology, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Drug Safety Associate, Drug Inspector, Pharmaceutical Scientist, Clinical Research Associate, etc.|
What are the Advantages of BPharma Distance Education?
- B Pharma Online Education is a 4-year UG degree course that introduces students to the pharmaceutical world, starting from the medicines.
- This course will directly link you to the medical field or with doctors.
- After completing your degree in B.Pharmacy, you will be doing regular practice with patients by providing them with asthma care, diabetes disease management, bone density scans, etc.
- You will be playing a crucial role in the health structure of the country as you will be working with the patients.
- After completing B.Pharmacy distance education, many of the students prefer to go to retail medicine shops, but you will have many other options also such as Chemical/Drug Technician, Drug Therapist, Pathological Lab, etc.
BPharma Distance Education Admission
Admission windows of the universities have been closed for the BPharama ODL admission for the July 2023 session, Now it will be open soon for the upcoming session.
Several institutions offer B Pharma courses based on the scores of applicants in their preliminary exams. In order to get admission to the course, the institution compares entrance exam scores.
NEET, IPU CET, GPAT, BITSAT, etc., are some of the most sought-after entrance exams for B Pharma admission. A student who scores higher in the exams has a chance of being admitted to the B Pharma Distance Education program.
Distance BPharma Eligibility Criteria
To enroll in this course, the student must meet a few eligibility requirements. Most universities and colleges grant admission to their distance-learning B.Pharm degree programs based on these major eligibility requirements, although each institution has its own set of requirements:
- The candidate must have successfully finished intermediate school from a recognized board with PCM or PCB.
- The applicant must have received at least 50% of the total points in their 10+2 board exams.
- The applicant must have taken Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their three primary subjects in grades 11 and 12.
- Please be aware that each college has different standards, thus the minimum 10+2 percentage (%) requirement criteria vary.
- A few universities also give admissions depending on how applicants perform on entrance tests like the MET, BITSAT, KCET, and GPAT, among others.
- Students who have successfully completed the Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) program may also be eligible for lateral entry into the second year of the B.Pharma Distance Learning Course.
BPharma Distance Education Admission Form
The institute provides an online application form for admission to BPharma Distance Education. Students interested in taking admission to this may visit institutions’ websites and fill out the application form with the correct details. Submit the application form and fee. Successfully submission of admission forms leads to processed admission.
BPharma Distance Education Admission Process
The students who are aspiring admission into the BPharma Distance Education course need to complete the registration by following the process as listed below:
- Reach out to the official website of the university you are aspiring admission to.
- Select the link stating the application form for admission.
- Fill out the registration form and create a login credential.
- Using the credential access the application form.
- Upload the documents and fill out the information as asked in the form.
- Pay out the registration fee and download the details for confirmation of the registration fee.
- Confirm and save the application form submission details for future use.
Documents required for admission in B.Pharma distance education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
B.Pharma Course Types
For bachelor’s courses in pharmacy, there are four options: Bachelor of Pharmacy (lateral entry), Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons. ), and Bachelor of Pharmacy (Ayurveda).
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharma) – B Pharma program requires a 10+2 pass in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology from a recognized university. Degrees in this program last four years and cover a wide range of skills.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Lateral Entry to B. Pharmacy) – A diploma in Pharmacy or D. Pharmacy is required for lateral entry into B. Pharmacy. Those who enter laterally can begin their B.Pharma degree in their second year. The course will take three years to complete.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons.) – This undergraduate degree program is available to students who have finished two years of pharmacy school. B. Pharma (Hons.) students gain experience in the field of pharmacy.
B Pharmacy Specializations
The B. Pharmacy programme offers a wide range of specializations and focused courses in different pharmacy-related topics. These specialties are in particular areas of pharmacy where prospective students would prefer to intensify their study and academic work. The list of B.Pharmacy specialties is provided below:
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical Marketing Management
- Quality Assurance
- Phytopharmaceuticals and Natural products
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Bulk Drugs
- Drug Regulatory Affairs
- Biopharmaceutics: B Pharma in Biopharmaceutics gives the opportunity for a student to learn the relationship between the physical and chemical properties of the drug and its formulation. Additionally, it allows one to gain insight into how the route of administration affects absorption rates and levels.
- Industrial Pharmacy: B Pharma in Industrial pharmacy is designed to study the manufacture, marketing, distribution, and development of pharmaceutical products and also include the quality assurance of the developed drugs.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Pharmaceutical Chemistry teaches students about the development, testing, and safe use of drugs as well as how to create new ones. The principles of biology, engineering, and technology that are used in the creation of protocols and processes are also taught to students.
- Pharmaceutics: Topics examined in pharmaceutics include biomedical analysis, pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, and pharmacodynamics. This course covers all relevant issues related to drug development, design, distribution, and use.
- Pharmacology: Pharmacology is the study of pharmacological responses to biological systems. It involves examining the biological effects, chemical composition, and medical applications of numerous drugs. Pharmacology includes the knowledge derived from the pharmacologist as it covers the area of biological effects, dentistry, veterinary medicines, etc. The course offers a promising research process and open wide career paths for more opportunities.
- Ayurveda: In this specialization, students learn about the drugs and pharmaceuticals used in the Ayurvedic medical system. The medical terminology used in ayurvedic medicine is derived from ancient literature that has been passed down through the generations and has its roots in India’s past.
B.Pharma DDE Common Entrance Test
- MHT-CET Maharashtra Entrance Test
- BHU-B Entrance Exam
- Goa Common Entrance Test
BPharma Distance Education Syllabus
Students will learn about drugs and medicines on a semester basis. There will be 8 subjects in each semester. Students will get to learn about their subjects practically. So there will be some practical subjects. The syllabus changes with the year and universities have a different syllabus for every year.
The subjects covered during each semester of a B Pharmacy course are given in the table below:
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology I – Theory||Human Anatomy and Physiology II – Theory||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry II – Theory||Physical Pharmaceutics II – Theory|
|Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry – Practical||Biochemistry – Theory||Pharmaceutical Microbiology – Theory||Medicinal Chemistry I – Theory|
|Communication Skills – Theory||Computer Applications in Pharmacy – Theory||Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry I – Practical||Pharmacology I – Theory|
|Remedial Biology/ Remedial Mathematics – Theory||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry I – Theory||Physical Pharmaceutics I – Theory||Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry I – Theory|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis I – Practical||Pathophysiology – Theory||Pharmaceutical Engineering – Theory||Physical Pharmaceutics II – Practical|
|Pharmaceutics I – Theory||Human Anatomy and Physiology II – Practical||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry II – Practical||Medicinal Chemistry I – Practical|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology – Practical||Biochemistry – Practical||Pharmaceutical Microbiology – Practical||Pharmacology I – Practical|
|Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry I – Theory||Computer Applications in Pharmacy – Practical||Physical Pharmaceutics I – Practical||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry III – Theory|
|Communication Skills – Practical||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry I – practical||Pharmaceutical Engineering – Practical|
|Remedial Biology – Practical||Environmental Science – Theory||——–|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis I – Theory|
|Pharmaceutics I – Practical|
|Semester V||Semester VI||Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Pharmacognosy Phytochemistry II – Theory||Medical Chemistry III – Theory||Pharmaceutical Analysis III – Theory||Medical Chemistry IV – Theory|
|Pharmacology II – Theory||Pharmacology III – Theory||Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics I||Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics II|
|Industrial Pharmacy I – Theory||Herbal Drug Technology – Theory||Pharmacology IV – Theory||Pharmacognosy|
|Medical Chemistry II – Theory||Pharmaceutical Biotechnology – Theory||Pharmaceutical Technology IV – Theory||Pharmacokinetics|
|Herbal Drug Technology – Practical||Medical Chemistry III – Practical||Pharmaceutical Analysis III – Practical||Medical Chemistry IV – Practical|
|Pharmacognosy Phytochemistry II – Practical||Pharmacology III – Practical||Pharmacognosy IV||Biopharmaceutics|
|Pharmacology II – Practical||Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics – Theory||Pharmacology IV – Practical||Clinical Pharmacy – Theory|
|Industrial Pharmacy I – Practical||Quality Assurance – Theory||Pharmaceutical Technology IV – Practical||Clinical Pharmacy – Practical|
|Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence – Theory|
BPharma Distance Education Subjects
There are both core studies and electives included in the curriculum for the B. Pharmacy program. To study pharmacy, it is believed to be crucial to be familiar with the foundational subjects. There are several fundamental subjects that are covered in the second semester of the B. Pharmacy program. Elective subjects may be chosen by the students.
This makes the course exceptionally flexible and diversified, especially when compared to a syllabus that is offered in the fourth semester of a B. Pharmacy degree. The following is a list of several B. Pharmacy required courses:
|Core Subjects||Laboratory Subjects|
|Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence & Ethic||Laboratory of Pharmaceutics I (General and Dispensing)|
|Advanced Mathematics||Lab-II in Pharmaceutics (Unit Operations)|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis||Laboratory of Remedial Biology|
|Remedial Mathematical Biology||Laboratory of Organic Chemistry|
|Basic Electronics and Computer Applications||Lab-III in Pharmaceutics (Physical Pharmaceutics)|
|Anatomy, Physiology & Health Education||Lab-IV in Pharmaceutics (Cosmeticology)|
|Pharmaceutical Microbiology||Laboratory of Biochemistry|
|Pharmacognosy||Pharmacology Laboratory I Pharmacognosy and Natural Product Laboratory II|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology|
|Pathophysiology of Common Diseases||Lab-V in Pharmaceutics (Biological Pharmacy)|
|Lab-VI of Pharmaceutics (Pharmaceutical Technology)|
|Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry|
|II Pharmacology Lab|
|Lab-VII of Pharmaceutics (Pharmaceutical Technology2)|
|Lab-VII of Pharmaceutics (Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics)|
Scope of B.Pharm Distance Education
There are many career chances for pharmacy graduate students because the pharmaceutical industry is a rapidly expanding sector in India. MBBS and BDS are no longer the only academic options in the medical and healthcare fields.
The following are the top career Prospects after completing a B.Pharm distance learning Course.
- Drug Inspector
- Pharmaceutical Marketing Professional
- Quality Control and Production
- Medical Underwriting
The following are the main job fields where a B.Pharm graduate can look for employment opportunities:
- Healthcare Centers
- Pharmaceutical Sales/ Marketing Companies
- Drug Research Institutes
- Medical Chemistry Institutes
- Educational Institutes
Top Recruiting Companies
The following are some of the leading Pharmaceutical firms and Laboratories in India that are always hiring Pharmacy graduates for their various Branches:
- Cadila Health
- Glen Mark
- Torrent Pharma
- Abbott India
- Sun Pharma
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Alkem Lab
- Apollo Pharmacy
- Dr. Lal Pathlabs
B.Pharma Distance Education Colleges
Medical and pharmacy students have known about B pharma for a long time. Students who are interested in the Pharmaceutical Sciences or related subjects should consider taking this course. There are many top-rated colleges that offer this course to interested students.
Here is the list of some colleges:
|IGNOU, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||Subharti University.|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Singhania University.|
|IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute||Kurukshetra University.|
|Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University||Symbiosis International University|
|Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)||IMTS, Noida|
|Netaji Subhas Open University||C. L. Baid Metha College of Pharmacy – Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU)||Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Karnataka State Open University||Aditya College of Pharmacy and Science, New Delhi|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University (CDE)||Sardar Patel University, Vidyanagar Gujarat|
|Amity University Noida.||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Arya College of Pharmacy, Rajasthan|
Some Other Universities List:
Subharti University Admission
CCS University Admission
Frequently Asked Questions?
Quest 1: Is it easy to find a job after completing a B Pharma degree?
Ans: A graduate of this program will have the opportunity to work in government hospitals, private hospitals, clinics, and private medical shops. It is also possible for you to start your own consulting firm or medical store.
Quest 2: How does B Pharmacy benefit the future?
Ans: This degree will provide you with a wide range of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry, including jobs in the fields of drugs and medicines, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical engineering, etc.