BSc Statistics Distance Education 2023: Bachelor of Science in Statistics is an Undergraduate (UG) program that can be done at a distance. Students will learn how to get and analyze numerical data during the three-year course. The data could be related to any field of study, but data processing is the most important part.
- BSc distance education admission is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline is 30 September 2023. Click Here
- DU SOL BSc distance education admission for the 2023 session is ongoing. The last date to apply is 30 September 2023. Click Here
Courses in science provide a wide range of knowledge and good career prospects. A BSc Statistics course requires both practical and theoretical work. In this course, students learn about probability, Statistics, and other related topics. The distance BSc Statistics study is all about mathematical proofs, modeling, data analysis, regression, etc.
It is easy for students to choose because there is no entrance test. The application form for this course is now available on the University website. The application form fee is between Rs 300/- and Rs 500/-, depending on what the university wants.
Distance BSc Statistics aspirants should know the below-mentioned eligibility requirements:
- Having a 10+2 education in the science stream is a minimum eligibility requirement for this distance BSc program.
- A minimum of 50% marks in HSC is necessary.
- There is no upper age limit for BSc Distance Education.
Many institutes in India offer B.Sc Statistics Distance Education, and the average course fees fluctuate from INR 10,000 to INR 45,000 per annum.
Most colleges offer admissions in Distance BSc Statistics on a merit basis. However, some universities also conduct an Institute-level entrance exam for this program.
BSc Statistics Distance Education Admission 2023 Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Science in Statistics|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||Course Duration of B.Sc. Statistics in Distance Education is 3 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 – INR 45,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||B.Sc. (Physics), B.Sc. (Mathematics), etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Data Scientist, Data Analyst, SAP Consultant, etc.|
Is Distance BSc Statistics Worth it?
Obtaining a UG degree in Statistics through distance mode can be worth it if you get such a degree from a UGC-recognized top science institute in India.
- Skills: Getting a BSc Statistics degree in distance mode will teach you various skills such as data analysis, deduction of conclusion, observations of patterns, etc. Such grads will also learn communication and writing skills through this program.
- Time Flexibility: Students can pursue and complete the BSc Statistics distance learning program from any location using a computer and an internet connection. Such students can find a convenient study time thanks to distance learning without it affecting their already hectic schedules.
- Fee and cost: The academic cost of BSc Statistics is lower as compared to a regular BSc course. The average annual fee charged for this BSc program ranges from INR 10K to 45K.
- Earn While You Learn: A higher proportion of people who enroll in BSc Statistics distance learning are actually people who are employed.
BSc Statistics Distance Education Admission 2023
The admission process for a BSc in Statistics at distance education has been started for the session 2023 at various universities. The forms generally are available at the official portal. Many Universities and colleges offer distance BSc courses such as DU SOL, NOU, UOU, BAOU, and Hindu colleges, etc. The program enrollments will be based on merit in previous education and entrance examinations.
Students can now pursue a BSc in Statistics through online learning. They have a lot of beneficial job alternatives. The cost of a BSc in Statistics is reasonable because it is a relatively inexpensive education when compared to offline mode. For admission, the student must meet the requirements set by the college or university.
Why should I Pursue a BSc Statistics Distance Education?
A student may wonder why they should enroll in the distance BSc course in the distance mode. Regular education may be easier, but the cost is high, so students can save half by opting for this mode.
The working environment makes it difficult for individuals to balance their educational pursuits and professional responsibilities, making distance learning a time-saving alternative for them. Distance learning study is an excellent choice for these reasons.
BSc Statistics Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- Step 1 Candidate should visit the official website of the university and fill out the application form.
- Step 2 Students need to fill out the application form correctly; incomplete forms will be rejected.
- Step 3 You can make payments via Credit/Debit Cards for the application fee if you want to pay through cash, so you can do it via bank e challan
- Step 4 After that candidate will receive an SMS or an email confirming the application has been made, so you can now print the receipt
Documents Required for Admission in BSc Statistics Distance Education
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
Top Colleges for BSc Statistics Program
BSc or Bachelor of Science in Statistics is a famous program among students who are interested in mathematics and problem-solving. Students can qualify for this bachelor’s degree from any UGC-approved university. A list of some popular BSc statistics open universities is given below.
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Lady Shri Ram College For Women, New Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
Panjab University BSc Statistics Distance Education
The Panjab University offers a BSc Statistics Distance course to students who have completed their 10+2 from a well-known university with at least 50% marks. This distance course 3 years to complete all the concepts and provide in-depth learning regarding Statistics specialization. Interested candidates who want to take admission they can apply online at the official website.
BSc Statistics Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Descriptive Statistics||Probability Theory 2||Categorical Data analysis|
|Linear algebra||Indian Statistical System||Analysis of Variance|
|Probability Theory 1||Statistical quality control||Large sample theory|
|Communicative English||Numerical Methods||Mathematical Statistics|
|Sample Survey||Demographics study||Mathematical and Computing basics in statistics|
BSc Statistics Distance Education Career Options
In addition to working in the public sector, individuals with a BSc Statistics Distance Education may also work in the private sector, depending on their interests. Statistical methods are used in a variety of fields. After completing this course, aspirants will have many opportunities for employment in a wide variety of fields. Here are some career options for B.Sc Statistics graduates:
|Job Profile||Employment Area||Top Recruiter|
|Content Analyst||Banks||Straits Research Pvt Ltd|
|Actuary Manager||Finance Institutions||Colgate-Palmolive|
|Data Scientist||Educational Institutes|
|Research Assistant Manager||R&D Firms||Microsoft|
|Marketing Assistant Manager||Trading Companies||Hindustan Unilever|
|Credit Risk Strategist|
BSc Statistics Distance Education Salary
BSc Statistics Distance Education is pursued by many students. After completing the course, various job opportunities are available to candidates. These are – Statisticians, Consultants, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Actuary Managers, etc.
|Data Analysts||5.5 LPA|
|Data Scientists||8 LPA|
|Actuary Manager||10 LPA|
Skills Required for BSc Statistics Distance Education
Statistics has become one of the most popular career choices among students in the past few years. Those who want to be one of them have come to the right place. Statistics are used in marketing, economics, biology, public health, sports, medicine, and a lot of other fields. Graduates in statistics should have the following:
- Having the maths skills to solve problems
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Expertise in the field
- Skills for working together and as a team
BSc Statistics Distance Education FAQ
Ques. Can we pursue the Distance BSc course?
Ans. Yes, There are Nemours UGC DEB-approved universities that provide admission to Distance BSc courses in multiple specializations.
Ques. How to get admission to a BSc Statistics distance course?
Ans. To apply for the BSc Statistics distance course applicant must read the admission requirements and complete them as per the desired university.