DCA Distance Education 2023: DCA full form is a Diploma in Computer Application. It is a diploma-level distance education course that takes one year. This course provides a basic level of computer knowledge with more emphasis on hands-on training. Distance DCA helps working people study computer applications while they are working. There is no specific age limit for this course. There are numerous Job Opportunities for Certificates in DCA in the private and government sectors.
- At IGNOU, DCA Distance education admission is ongoing for the July session, and the last date to apply was 31 August 2023. Click Here
- Lovely Professional University admission for Distance DCA is ongoing. Interested candidates can apply for admission before the last date. Apply here
12th class qualification from any recognized board is required for DCA distance education admission.
The average fee for distance DCA courses is about INR 5,000/- to 50,000/- per annum.
Admission into the Diploma in Computer Applications distance program is directly provided. More details about the admission procedure are given below in the article.
DCA Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Type of Course||Diploma|
|Full-Form||Diploma in Computer Application|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Fee||INR 5,000 – INR 50,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||B.Sc Computer Science, B.Tech Computer Engineering, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 2.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Computer Operator, Web Designer, Software Developer, etc.|
Is Distance DCA Worth it?
The investment in well-known universities and colleges that provide in-depth education is well worth it. The following are some of the top skills and advantages associated with computer application development, conceptual and practical learning, etc.
- Skills: Getting a Diploma in Computer Applications can provide you with skills in data handling, computer basics, programming, application making, etc.
- Time Flexibility: The level of independence it offers students is perhaps the most immediately apparent benefit of distance learning for a diploma in computer applications. Since current distance education is typically online-based, students have greater discretion over when and where they study, which makes this course generally demand more independent study.
- Fee and cost: This computer applications degree costs less than a standard diploma. The annual tuition for this distance diploma degree ranges from INR 5K to 50K.
- Earn While You Learn: Distance study for a diploma in computer applications might save a lot of time. So many graduates can do a job or a business in their free time.
DCA Distance Education Admission 2023
IGNOU was accepting the application form for the July 2023 session. Candidates seeking admission can apply till 31 August 2023. One is required to apply for the DCA Distance Education course before the end date through the university-approved portal. Several universities are accepting applications for the distance diploma in computer applications.
Applicants must possess a 12th degree or equivalent through a recognized University to apply for any diploma in computer application colleges. Students must also have a minimum of 50% marks in their previous degree.
The diploma in computer applications syllabus consists of several core subjects, including Basic Computer Skills, MS Office Applications, Internet Basics, E-Business, PC Assembly, and Troubleshooting, as well as a number of optional subjects.
Some Universities also offer DCA (Diploma in Computer Application) after the 10th standard. The Advanced Diploma covers topics such as Computer fundamentals, Programming languages, Internet connection etc.
Eligibility for DCA Distance Education
The distance Diploma in Computing Application program requires candidates to meet several requirements. India’s admission process generally follows three steps:
- Completed high school 10 + 2 from a recognized institution to enrol in the Diploma in Computer Applications (DCA) course.
- Pupils will gain a competitive advantage by adding computer science after grade 10.
- Although applicants with strong academic credentials would be preferred.
- Candidate admission is not subject to any further requirements.
DCA Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- Go to the official website of the university or college.
- Candidates download the application form for offline methods or can fill out the online application form.
- Make sure the details filled in the application form are correct. Incorrect and incomplete application forms will be not accepted.
- After completing and filling out an application form, the candidate can pay for the application online or offline.
- After completing this application form and fee, the payment applicant gets a notification of completing the application procedure.
- The candidate must save the fee receipt and application form receipt for future updates.
Documents Required for Admission to DCA Distance Education
- Aadhar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
DCA Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Computer Fundamentals and Windows||Spreadsheets|
|Representation of data/Information concepts of data processing||Manipulation of cells|
|Introduction to Windows||Manipulation of sheets|
|Windows Setting||Providing Formulas and functions|
|Window/Accessories||Filters- Auto Filter, Advanced filters|
|Opening documents and closing documents||PowerPoint presentations|
|Formatting the texts||Communication and Internet|
|Handling Multiple documents||WWW and Web browser|
|Special features||Electronic mail|
|Mail merge||Document handling|
DCA Distance Education Subjects
|Fundamentals of Computer||Database Management System|
|Operating System and Application Program||Visual Basics (VB)|
|Programming Language||Internet and Web Page Design|
|Practical C Programming and Application Program||Project work|
DCA Distance Education Specializations
A wide range of specializations are available through DCA Distance Education. Below is a list of distance DCA specializations:
|Programming||Database Management and Computer Languages|
|Web Designing||Software Hacking & IT security|
|Animation||PC Assembly and Troubleshooting|
|Software Technologies||Software Engineering|
|Operating Systems and Data Structures|
DCA Distance Education After 12th
The computer application field opens up a bright and well-established career path for students who finish class 12th. Students can get a Diploma in Computer Application after completing their 12th grade in many colleges. Some of them are listed below:
- National Institute Of Management
- Madhav University (MU)
- OPJS University
- Annamalai University
- MP Bhoj (MPBOU)
- Pioneer Institute Of Professional Studies
Lovely Professional University Distance DCA Admission
LPU offers numerous UG, PG, certificate, and diploma programs in distance mode, and Diploma in Computer Application is one of them. Numerous students from all over India apply for admission at Lovely Professional University for the distance DCA program. The minimal eligibility to apply for this distance diploma program at LPU is candidates must pass 12th with at least 50% marks from a recognized board in India. Lovely Professional University charges INR 5,000 to INR 10,000 (Approx) for the distance DCA program.
Benefits of DCA Distance Education
Students build their knowledge and skills after completing a Diploma in Computer Application from a distance. Graduates from this degree program may get professional jobs in government and private sectors in various positions such as Data Operator, Web Administrator, Database Manager, etc. Not only in India, but candidates can get jobs Abroad also. Numerous reputed companies offer various jobs after DCA distance education with a handsome salary package between 2.5 LPA to 4 LPA.
DCA Distance Education Scope
DCA Course offers you a Great opportunity in a Variety of Fields, which will help you to grow in your career in the field of Computer science and application.
The DCA Course must be successfully completed to provide you with the best chance at higher pay and to make your knowledge essential for job advancement. For those looking to pursue a career in computer applications, a DCA job opportunity guarantees higher compensation and prospects for career progression. A DCA position may eventually pay well with experience. It has become more lucrative and more comprehensive to take DCA courses in India as there is a growing need for workers with computer application abilities.
DCA Distance Education Jobs and Salary
A Diploma in Computer Application is a short course in computers. It is a professional course after which students can find jobs in government and private organizations. The positions one gets after completing the distance DCA program and their salary structure are given below:
|Computer Operator||2.5 LPA|
|Web Designer||2.8 LPA|
|Web Developer||3.5 LPA|
|Data Entry Operator||3.8 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Employment Areas||Job Types|
|Dell||Print & Electronic Media||Customer Support Executive|
|TCS||BPO Industry||Data Entry Operators|
|HCL||Secretarial Services||Computer Operator cum Secretary|
|Syntel||Newspaper Houses||Client Servicing Executive|
|NIIT||Advertising Agencies||C++ Developer|
|Wipro||Travel Agencies||Software Developer|
|Tech Mahindra||IT Services||Ticketing Assistant|
|Cognizant||Government/Private Sectors||Office Assistant|
More Distance Diploma Courses
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- Diploma in Hardware & Networking
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Management
- Diploma in Material Management
- Diploma in Veterinary Inspector
DCA Distance Education FAQ
Q. What is the full form of DCA?
Ans. A diploma in Computer Applications is the full form of the DCA Course.
Q. What are the jobs available for DCA?
Ans. In DCA, there are various jobs available in India and Abroad. Below We have mentioned a few jobs.
- Programming – Development Tools, Languages, Computer Operator
- Web Designer
- Software Developer
- C ++ Developer
- Database Development and Management field
Q: Can I do DCA in distance education?
Ans: Yes, the Diploma in Computer Application program can be done in distance mode. Numerous colleges in India offer this program in distance and online modes.
Q: What is the curse fee of DCA?
Ans: Although the Diploma in computer application varies in universities/ colleges, the average fee is between INR 5000/ to INR 50,000/.
Q: What kind of jobs will be offered after to diploma in computer science distance education program?
Ans: After completing this diploma program, candidates can choose many jobs such as Computer Operator, Web Designer, Software Developer, etc.