Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education?: Distance mechanical engineering courses are unavailable in India. The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education is not recognized by the UGC and AICTE. This Diploma program can only be taken in the regular mode. The course is broken up into semesters and lasts three years. For regular Diploma courses, students need a 10th-grade certificate from a recognized board with a minimum score of 50%.
The study of a Diploma in mechanical engineering involves designing, developing, building, and testing machines. In this program, students learn about automobile engineering, AutoCAD design, and device making, like refrigerators, coolers, and air conditioners.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education
Students can pursue this course within three years.
The average fee for a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is INR 15,000 – INR 2,00,000 per annum.
Students must have passed 10th from a recognized educational board to apply for this course.
After this course, students can apply as Junior Engineers, Supervisors, Client relationship officers, Manufacturing Managers, etc.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Highlights
|Type of Course||Diploma|
|Full Form||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is 3 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10th from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 15,000 – INR 2,00,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 Lakh per annum|
|Employment Roles||Mechanical Engineers, Manufacturing Managers, Technicians, etc.|
Why Study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education?
- Students also can opt for this Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after the 10th. There is no availability of Distance Mode in this course. Those students who want to make their career in mechanical Engineering easily opt for this short-term course on the basis of eligibility criteria.
- Students can pursue this Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course while they are working. This is the best course for those students who miss their chance to complete their studies in mechanical engineering.
- The diploma in mechanical engineering does not have so many fees according to the regular engendering courses. The average fee for a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is INR 15,000 – INR 2,00,000 per annum.
- A flexible mode of learning is good for those who do not have so many time or time management issues.
- After this Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, students can also get promotions and new job opportunities.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering via Distance Education Is valid or not?
There are lots of institutes that are offering this Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in regular mode. According to the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), it is not an approved Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance learning course.
The diploma obtained in distance mode is not valid, and students will not be selected for any government or private organizations. This diploma course can be pursued in regular mode only. Students are confused about the validity of this diploma course.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Admission?
This diploma course is not available in a distance mode of education. The degree in mechanical engineering Admission will soon start for the 2023 session. On the university’s website, students can find the application form and information on admission. Students can obtain a mechanical engineering distance diploma for less money than they would pay for a traditional diploma. Most admissions decisions will be based on merit scores obtained from the official website.
Students who want to pursue a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering can pursue the course in regular mode. Several universities in India are offering the course.
Eligibility for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education?
In order to be admitted to the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course, the Applicant has to match the university criteria to get selected for studying the diploma course.
- Interested candidates have to pass 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks by the central or state board with Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics. Motorcycle repair and service with 10th class /10th class with ITI certificate.
- There is no age limit for admission. Any age group that meets the minimum eligibility criteria can apply.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Admission is based on either merit basis or any entrance exams that are equivalent to it.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Fee?
The fee structure for the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course may vary according to the university. The course is available in regular mode only. Students can check the prospectus of the university to find the exact fee amount. The average fee for this course varies from INR 15,000 – INR 2,00,000 per annum.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Admission Procedure?
Students have to read all the instructions for diploma course admission, and all the eligibility has to match with the course for admission. All the guidelines are given below,
- In order to get selected for the diploma course admission, interested candidates have to fill out the application form at the official website portal.
- While filling out an application form, applicants must remember that all the information filled in the application form has to be correct.
- Then attach all the important documents to complete the admission process in the proper manner.
- The payment can also be made through the bank e-Challans.
- The registration confirmation details to the candidates will be delivered through e-mail and SMS.
- The candidate will get the fee receipt as soon as the fee is submitted.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
|Subjects of Study|
|Mathematics I||Elementary Civil Engineering|
|Chemistry||Basics of Thermal Engineering|
|Applied Mechanics||Electrical Technology|
|Lab I (Applied Sciences)||Lab V (Strength of Materials)|
|Lab II (Applied Mechanics)||Lab VI (Thermal Engineering)|
|Engineering Materials||Fluid Mechanics|
|Engineering Drawing||Lab IX (Fluid Mechanics)|
|Mathematics II||Industrial Management|
|Technical Documentation||Applied Thermal Engineering|
|Manufacturing Processes I||Manufacturing Processes II|
|Lab III (Manufacturing Practices I)||Lab VIII (Manufacturing Practices II)|
|Lab IV (Computer Application)||Computer Integrated Manufacturing|
|Strength of Materials||Theory of Machines|
Read more about B.Tech Mechanical Engineering.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Admission at IGNOU?
IGNOU does not offer a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. The institutes do not require entrance tests for the Diploma Mechanical Engineering Distance Education program. The grades earned on the board exam for the 10th grade are used to determine admission.
- Enrolling in IGNOU’s distance-learning diploma program in mechanical engineering is possible if you received at least a 55% on your tenth-grade exam or passed with an ITI.
- Candidates must have earned a passing grade in math, physics, and chemistry in order to qualify.
- Candidates are qualified if they have appropriate experience in the manufacturing sector.
- This course can last as long as six years, with a minimum of 3 years.
- IGNOU diploma in mechanical engineering fees is INR 12,500.
- Distance diploma in mechanical engineering in IGNOU has no upper age limit.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Entrance Exams
This Diploma Admission will be based on merit score or entrance to Universities. Delhi CET, TS POLYCET, AP POLYCET, JEECUP, DCECE, DEECET, Jharkhand PECE, Punjab PET, MP PPT, HSTES DET, Odisha DET are entrance which is conducting the DME course. Those students who pass their 10th class can apply for these entrance exams.
- JEXPO – The Uttar Pradesh Educational Council oversees the Joint Entrance Examination Council Of Uttar Pradesh, or JEECUP, a state-level examination. In this online test, 100 objective-type questions must be answered within two hours and thirty minutes.
- AP POLYCET – The State Board Of Technical Education & Training administers the AP POLYCET, an objective-based entrance test, for admission to several diploma engineering programs. Students who want to enroll in Andhra Pradesh’s best colleges must take this test.
- JEECUP – The Joint Entrance Examination Council Of Uttar Pradesh, also known as JEECUP, is a state-level test that is administered by the Uttar Pradesh Educational Council. Students have two hours and thirty minutes to complete 100 objective-type questions in this online test.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Future Scope
- Students can continue their education with higher study programs after completing the mechanical engineering diploma program, which is the entry point into the field.
- After the course, the employment market will open, and qualified individuals can expect to earn roughly INR 20,000 per month.
- Candidates can work in a variety of mechanical engineering-related businesses, including the automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing sectors. They are eligible to apply for positions in both the public and commercial sectors.
- A diploma in mechanical engineering is a wise method to enter the field, which requires one of the most sought-after abilities in the labor market.
- Students can join B. Tech or BE is directly in the second year, and the course is roughly equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the discipline. You can pursue an M.Tech in the area after earning a B.Tech.
- You can enroll in a certificate program in the field after earning a distance diploma in mechanical engineerings, such as CNC Training, CAD/CAM, CATIA, Unigraphics, etc.
- After this course, students can get good career opportunities. Some of the job positions are mentioned below:
- Junior Engineer
- Client relationship officer
- Manufacturing Manager
- Section Head
- Assistant Professor
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Skills
Candidates for a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education should be skilled at problem-solving. Fundamentally, mechanical engineering requires strong interpersonal abilities, including networking, leadership, conflict resolution, applied creativity, and a practical understanding of the profession.
- Possessing problem-solving abilities
- Skills in listening
- Math abilities
- Mechanical aptitudes
Career Options After Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education
Students pursuing a diploma in mechanical engineering have excellent prospects for the future and a wide range of career options. Students who complete a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering are eligible for junior-level jobs in both the private and public sectors. The best mechanical engineering diploma holders can pursue careers in the following areas:
- Textile industry
- PaltechTM Cooling Towers Equipment
- Nura Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Agricultural industry
- Transportation companies, etc.
- Technical Engineer
- Assist. Manager
- Manufacturing Manager
- Process Development Technologist
- Section Head
- Design Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Assistance Professor
- Industrial Engineer
- Supply Chain Manager
- Quality Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education FAQ
Ques: What is a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education fee?
Ans: The average fee for a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education is between INR 15,000 – INR 2,00,000 per annum.
Ques: Can I do Mechanical Engineering in distance education?
Ans: As AICTE is not approving any engineering course in distance mode. So, you can not do Mechanical Engineering in distance education.
Ques: What is the best diploma for Mechanical Engineering?
Ans: It is tough to decide on any diploma as the best diploma for mechanical engineering. There are various diploma courses in which a student can enroll according to their interest.
Ques: What is the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education duration?
Ans: This course takes three years to complete.
Ques: Is there any age limit for admission to a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education?
Ans: No, There is no age limit for admission to this course.
Ques: Is it possible to get a job after completing a diploma?
Ans: After completing a diploma program, you can choose from various occupations. The All India Council for Technical Education regularly conducts and approves intricate technical degree programs. Students will study both how to apply the theory to the real world and how to apply the theory to the practical world during the course of these courses.
Note: India’s AICTE does not currently approve distance learning for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. The only point of this article is to answer the questions asked by the applicant.