Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education?: Distance learning courses are not available at Gandhigram Rural Institute at this time. Regular learning mode is available for students. It was founded in 1956 in Dindigul, in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It offers diploma, skill-based, professional, general, integrated, and doctorate-level programs in regular learning mode. Candidates can apply for UG, PG, and diploma programs based on how well they do on qualifying or entrance tests.
At the Gandhigram Rural Institute, students often sign up for BBA, BCOM, B.Tech, MA, MSC, M.Ed., and other programs. It covers various faculties, including the arts, humanities, science, commerce, computer technology, education, and more. In the other parts of this article, you’ll find information about admission, courses, eligibility, length, and much more.
Is Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education valid in India?
The distance learning program at Gandhigram Rural Institute is not approved by the DEB-UGC in India. After its recognition for offering a distance learning program with UGC DEB expired, the university did not renew it. Gandhigram Rural Institute has not yet received approval for its distance education program from the UGC DEB.
For the academic year 2023-24, any degree obtained through distance learning mode from Gandhigram Rural Institute is invalid. The program at this university is available to students through regular learning mode.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Highlights
Gandhigram Rural Institute
|Type of University||
B.Sc, BA, BBA, B.Com, B.VOC
M.A, M.Sc, MCA, MBA
Gandhigram, Dindigul District, Chinnalapatti, Tamil Nadu 624302
Gandhigram Rural Institute Key Points
- Basic eligibility for admission to Gandhigram Rural Institute ug, and PG degree and diploma programs is 12th, ug degree/diploma with entrance test clearance.
- The university opens the admission cycle every year in the month between March to July.
- The university offers plenty of facilities such as a library, computer centre, internet browsing centre, yoga centre, and more.
NOTE: Gandhigram Rural Institute didn’t provide Distance learning program. Students can apply for admission in regular mode. Answering the applicant’s questions is the only purpose of this article.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Admission?
It is located in Tamil Nadu, South India, and was founded in 1956. It has more Experience in national attention in the field of rural development. It provides integrated Teaching, research, and extension in all its programs. The main slogan is Rural Development Service to the Nation. The University offers different courses in regular mode. The university offers training and job-oriented courses. A certificate and diploma program is also provided.
All of the information on the admissions process is offered in depth in the college’s prospectus. The student may only submit an online application for the application form. It is significant to highlight that these applications have varying costs. The form is thoroughly filled out, and any necessary documents are added. Candidates must make a payment using either a credit card, debit card or the net banking option.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education UG Admission?
A merit list will be used for admission to all undergraduate programs at GandhiGram Rural Institute. In addition to UG courses such as BA, BSc, BCom, BBA, B.Tech, BEd, B.Voc, etc., the university also offered postgraduate courses. To be eligible for UG courses, candidates must have at least a 10+2 degree in a relevant field of study.
In 2022, NIRF ranked the institute 91st among Indian universities and 101-150 in terms of overall rankings, according to the study. CUET is the institution that is responsible for admission to all UG programs of the Institute. On the official website of the University, you can find the application forms that will allow you to apply online.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education PG Admission?
Students have various options to select courses in different areas like Management, Business Studies, Computer Applications, Education, Arts, Science, Technology, and many other programs at Gandhigram Rural Institute distance education. The Gandigram Rural Institute offers postgraduation courses such as MA, MSc, MCom, MBA, M.Tech, and MCA programs. MA and MSc programs are provided in various specializations such as Hindi, English, Fashion designing, Food Science, Maths, textile, and many more. The Gandhigram Rural Institute also conducts entrance exams for MA, MCA, and MEd courses.
It is mandatory for students to take the GATE exam in order to get admission to the M.Tech program. In order to apply for a postgraduate program, students must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field in order to qualify. On the university’s website, students who are interested in applying will be able to do so online.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Ph.D. Admission
At Gandhigram Rural Institute, Students can apply for PhD admission online at www.ruraluniv.ac.in. This program is open to students with a PG degree or an integrated degree. Gandhigram Rural Institute Ph.D. Admission requires a minimum of 50% in a previous degree. Students must pay a registration fee of Rs 2000/- while submitting their application form.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Application Form?
Online application forms are available on the university website for all programs except Ph.D. For Ph.D., a separate notification will be issued. Applications are to be submitted only online. Visit the website www.ruraluniv.ac.in for the prospectus and instructions for submitting online applications.
Before submission, register for admission, enabling the generation of a username and password, which will be sent through email and SMS to the candidates. The date of birth, email ID, and mobile number cannot be changed after registration.
After successful online registration, log into the portal and proceed to fill up the application form. Application fees must be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. Fees, once paid, will not be refunded on any account.
Entered data cannot be modified/changed after submitting the application form. To check the Application status, visit the university website.
The merit list and the entrance exams are used to choose students at Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education. The application price for undergraduate programs is INR 600, while the charge for postgraduate studies is INR 650. Applicants should read the e-Prospectus thoroughly before filling out the application.
How To Apply for the Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Admission?
- Go to the official website of the Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education.
- Read the e-Prospectus carefully before filling in the application form
- Candidates can apply for only one program per application
- Applicants must register before logging in.
- Before registering, you should have a valid email ID and Mobile number.
- You will be provided a username and password through SMS and E-mail.
- Log in using the username and password provided to you.
- The required particulars may be filled up in different phases.
- Make Final Submission on or before the last date. Your application will be valid only after final submission.
- Log in frequently to know the status of Your Application.
Document Required for Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education
- Marksheet of High school
- Marksheet of Intermediate
- A graduation mark sheet for PG courses
- Certificate of cast
- Aadhar Card
- Passport-size coloured photograph
- Application form with payment
- Students can make payments using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Course?
|PG Programmes||PG Diploma Programmes||UG Programmes|
|M.A. Tamil and Indian Literature||P.G. Diploma in Spatial Technologies||B.Com. (Cooperation)|
|M.A. Hindi||P.G. Diploma in Applied Gerontology||B.B.A.|
|M.A. English and Communicative Studies||P.G. Diploma in Sanitary Inspector’s Course||B.A. Economics|
|M.A. Rural Development Studies||P.G. Diploma in Epigraphy||B.Sc. Mathematics|
|M.A. Gandhian Studies and Peace Science||P.G. Diploma in Yoga||B.Sc. Physics|
|M.A. Economics||P.G. Diploma in Sustainable Social Development||B.Sc. Chemistry|
|M.Com. Cooperative Management||B.Sc. Home Science|
|M.Sc. Mathematics||B.Sc. Textiles and Fashion Design|
|M.Sc. Physics||B.Sc. Geology|
|M.Sc. Chemistry||B.Sc. Computer Science|
|M.Sc. Food Science and Nutrition||B.Sc. Microbiology|
|M.Sc. Home Science Extension and Communication|
|M.Sc. Textiles and Fashion Design|
|M.Sc. Applied Geology and Geomatics|
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Fee Structure?
|Name of the Programme||Total Fee (in RS)|
|M.A. Tamil and Indian Literature||26890/-|
|M.A. Hindi/Economics/Rural Development Studies/ Gandhian Studies and Peace Science||34890/-|
|M.Com (Cooperative Management)||39890/-|
|M.A. English and Communicative Studies||41090/-|
|M.Sc. Food Science and Nutrition||50190/-|
|M.Sc. Home Science Extension and Communication||43190/-|
|M.Sc. Textiles and Fashion Design||69190/-|
|M.Sc. Applied Geology and Geomatics||65450/-|
|Name of the Programme||Total Fee (in RS)|
|B.Sc. Mathematics/Physics/ Home Science||45370/-|
|B.Sc. Textiles and Fashion Design||99870/-|
|B.Sc. Computer Science||45210/-|
|B.Voc. Farm Equipments Operation and Maintenance||69610/-|
|B.Voc. Footwear and Accessories Design||65710/-|
|B.Voc. Renewable Energy||68960/-|
|B.Voc. Multimedia Production and Technology||98810/-|
|B.Voc. Food Processing||66610/-|
|B.Voc. Food Testing and Quality Evaluation||67210/-|
|B.Voc. Dairy Production and Technology||68610/-|
|B.Voc. Organic Agriculture and Enterprise Development||66010/-|
|PG Diploma Programmes|
|Name of the Programme||Total Fee (in RS)|
|PG Dip. in Spatial Technologies||25020/-|
|PG Dip. in Sanitary Inspector’s||56020/-|
|PG Dip. in Yoga||16020/-|
|PG Dip. in Gerontology||14570/-|
|PG Dip. in Epigraphic||23070/-|
|PG Dip. in Sustainable Social Devt||14770/-|
|Name of the Programme||Total Fee (in RS)|
|Diploma in Textile Technology||28090/-|
|Diploma in Agriculture||40690/-|
|Diploma in Yoga||16020/-|
|Diploma in Two Wheeler Mechanism and Maintenance||21420/-|
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Eligibility
For UG and PG programs, students must have completed the 10+2 and have graduated with 55% marks in relevant subjects.
- Students must pass the 10+2 exam or equivalent and pertinent subjects for BSc, BCom, and BBA.
- B.Tech students must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 45% combined marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Before applying for MA or MSc programs, students must complete a BA, BSc, or any relevant undergraduate degree.
- For MCom, students need to have a BA, BBA, BCom (BCom Corporation), Corporate Secretaryship or Cooperation or Business Economics, or BSc Agriculture with 55% marks.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Admit Card
Admit cards will be available on the university’s official website. Those candidates who want to see/ download admit cards, please visit the University Website.
Step To Download the Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Admit Cards
- Visit the University’s official website.
- Click on the Hall Ticket Link.
- Enter the valid Username and Password (Provided by the University at the time of registration)
- Save the admit card and print it.
Admit card contains all the details such as Student Name, Roll Number, Subject Code, Exam date & time, and Exam Center. So please keep the admit card during the examination.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Result
All of the courses at Gandhigram Rural Institute are organized according to the semester system, and there are two sets of exams every year. Exams for the odd semester are held in November, and exams for the even semester are held in April each year.
Results of the end-of-semester exams are typically posted on the university website within a month after the tests’ conclusion. The steps listed below can be used by university students to check their results:
- Exams should be listed on the homepage of the university’s official website, which students should access.
- Candidates can choose the semester examination link from the drop-down menu by moving the cursor over the tab.
- Candidates who click the link will be taken to the student portal page.
- Candidates must sign in using the appropriate username, password, and captcha on the student’s site.
- Students can examine their semester results after successfully logging in and saving them for later use.
Each student who successfully completes the program will be given a Provisional Certificate, a Consolidated Statement of Grades, and a Final Semester Grade Statement.
Within 10 to 15 days after the results announcement date, HODs will get Statements of Grade. Within five days of the date of receipt at the office of the concerned HOD, any discrepancy detected in the statement must be submitted to the Controller of Examinations’ attention.
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: The Gandhigram Rural Institute (Deemed to be University), Gandhigram, Dindigul District,
Tamil Nadu 624 302, India.
- Contact Number: 0451-2452371
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: Click here
Some Other Distance Education Universities
- Vidyasagar University Distance Education
- Madras University Distance Education
- Kalyani University Distance Education
Gandhigram Rural Institute Distance Education FAQ
Q: Does Gandhigram Rural Institute offer distance education?
Ans: As per UGC guidelines, the Gandhigram Rural Institute offers no distance education program.