HPU Distance Education 2023: Himachal Pradesh University’s International Center of Distance Education and Open Learning (HPU ICDEOL) has commenced the admission process for the academic year 2023-24. The university is inviting applications for various distance courses, including BA, B.Ed, B.Com, MBA, MCA, MA, and M. Com. Interested candidates can complete the registration process by visiting the official webpage of the university via the link www.hpuniv.ac.in. The last date to apply for these distance courses for the 2023-24 academic session was September 10, 2023.
HPU Distance Education Admission Latest Updates
- The last date to apply for MBA admission at HPU ICDEOL was September 10, 2023. Source
- Admission to the BEd course in ODL mode has started now at HPU. September 10, 2023, was the last date to apply. Source
- HPU Admissions for UG, PG, and Diploma courses are ongoing for the academic session 2023-24. The last date to apply for admission was September 10, 2023. Source
- HPU MA Education Admission is ongoing for sessions 2023-24. September 10, 2023, was the last date to apply for admission. Source
The average fee for this session will range from INR 6000 to 30000 per year. Admission to these courses will be primarily based on the candidates’ performance in their last academic examinations, while some courses may also require entrance exams.
Candidates should regularly check the official website for updates on important dates related to HPU distance admissions, as the dates may vary yearly.
The eligibility criteria for each degree program may vary. However, here are the general eligibility criteria for some of the courses:
Undergraduate & PG Courses:
- BA (Program): Applicants should have completed 10+2 in a relevant subject with at least 45% marks.
- BCom (Program): Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% in their 10+2 qualification.
- MCA: Applicants holding a BCA degree with a minimum score of 50% will be eligible to apply for the course.
- MBA: Candidates must submit their BBA transcripts or any related degree with a minimum score of 55%.
HPU Distance Education Overview
|University Name||Himachal Pradesh University Distance Education|
|Location||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Approved by||UGC, AIU, ACU, NAAC|
|Courses||UG & PG|
|Admission||Online and Offline|
HPU ICDEOL Admission Key Points
- ICDEOL conducts admission for both January and July academic sessions.
- The HPU Distance Education program of B.Ed and MBA entry will be allotted on merit.
- HPU DDE offers BA, BCom, and BEd courses at undergraduate level for those who have passed 12th board qualification.
- At postgraduate level university offers MA, M.Com, MJMC, and MBA for the graduates.
HPU Distance Education Admission 2023
H.P. University distance education admission has started now for UG & PG Programs at the online portal. HPU ICDEOL admission 2023 the last date was 10 September 2023. The University provides several Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and PG Diploma, Diplomas in Yoga Studies, etc. The courses BA, BCom, and BCA at UG Level program, and The Program such as MBA, MCA, and MA at PG Level Program.
Candidates can choose from a wide range of programs, such as general, professional, and skills-based programs. The university has started many new courses, such as BA Shastri, a Certificate and Diploma in Elementary Economics, a Diploma in HRM, DDS, DCA, a Diploma in Disaster Management, and more.
Students must pass 12th through a recognized educational board for UG Courses. Apart from that, in PG Courses Admission, aspirants have their UG degree in any relevant stream. It is necessary to fulfil the eligibility requirements before applying for admission to any UG and PG course at HPU. The admission will be subject to rejection if any candidates are found non-eligible for admission.
HPU Distance Education Important Dates 2023:
|HPU ICDEOL Admission 2023 last date||10 September 2023|
|HPU DDE BEd Admission Last date||10 September 2023|
|UG Admission last date||10 September 2023|
|PG Admission last date||10 September 2023|
HPU Distance Education UG Admission 2023
Himachal Pradesh University is inviting applications for UG admissions through its International Center for Distance Education and Open Learning (ICDEOL). University courses include BA, BCom, BCA, BEd, BSc, etc. Admissions are accepted both online and offline. 10 September 2023 was the last date to apply for UG admission.
To qualify for this UG program, students must have a 10+2 grade with 40 to 45% in relevant subjects. Admission to HPU will be based on the results of an entrance examination or merit score. Students must have to submit their UG applications before the deadline.
ICDEOL BCom Admission
Distance BCom course is designed for those applicants who wish to learn about Finance, Banking, Management, etc; They can apply at the HPU distance Education official site. To become eligible for HPU UG Admission, applicants must pass the 12th class from the recognized board with at least a 50 per cent score.
HPU Distance Education BA Admission
BA is an undergraduate degree program of three years. Students who wish to pursue a BA Distance course from Himachal Pradesh University can take admission. The new session admission is ongoing. To be eligible for admission to this course, a student must have passed 10+2 with a recognized board with 45% to 50% aggregate.
HPU ICDEOL offers a BA program in the specializations of English, Public Administration, Mathematics, Economics, History, Hindi, Political Science, Sanskrit, Music, and Sociology.
HPU Distance Education BEd Admission
Himachal Pradesh University offers a BEd Program in distance mode. Candidates looking for admission should have passed graduation with at least 50% marks from a recognized university in India. HPU charges INR 200 for the registration fee, while the course fee is INR 14 800 for this two-year bachelor’s degree program. 10 September 2023 was the last date to apply for HPU Distance Education BEd Admission.
HPU Distance Education PG Admission 2023
The university offers distance MA, MBA, and MCA degrees at the postgraduate level. Bachelor’s degree graduates from any recognized university are eligible to apply. 10 September 2023 was the last date for the HPU Distance Education PG Admission 2023-24 session which begins in July 2023.
Both online and offline applications will be available to students. The merit list is used for some courses, while the entrance exam is used for others. Himachal Pradesh University will hold its entrance examination in multiple cities. The final selection of students for HPU will be made by the counselling process.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The registrations for the HPU ICDEOL MBA program are ongoing for the July 2023 session, Intersted candidates can apply before the last date September 10, 2023.
The Masters of Business Administration course is a highly professional 2 to 4 years duration course. In this course, students learn about the Business industry and how to manage the different prospects in organizations.
Masters of Computer Applications (MCA)
Masters of Computer Applications is a PG-level course with 2 years of minimum duration. MCA Course learning is all about software development and Computer architecture at HPU Distance Education.
HPU Distance Education MA Admission
HPU distance MA admission is provided to graduate students. The entry requirement for admission to the MA courses is having a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline. Himachal Pradesh University offers various specializations in MA. These include English, Hindi, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Music, etc.
HPU Distance Education Application Form 2023
Himachal Pradesh University, ICDEOL, invites applications for admission to its UG, PG, Diploma, and PG Diploma Courses. Admission is based on merit lists or entrance exams, depending on the course. BBA, BA, MSc, MBA, and MA course registration form is available at the HPU official portal. Students can fill out the application forms on or before the last date 10 September 2023.
How To Apply For HPU Distance Education Admission 2023?
Students can fill out the application form on ICDEOL, the university’s official website. The admission process is based on merit or an entrance test, depending on the course. To fill out the online application form for Himachal Pradesh University Distance Education, the eligible students can follow the instructions below.
- Visit the official website of the university. https://admissions.hpushimla.in.
- Go to the admission home page.
- Click on the course name to which students want to get admitted.
- The prospectus and instructions for completing the application form must be read before the application form is filled out.
- Students must fill out some personal information and click the ‘Submit’ button to register.
- The system will generate the unique registration number and password after submission.
- After that, you will also receive the unique registration number and password on your provided email ID and mobile number.
- Now, log in using the unique registration number and password.
- Students can fill out all required details, including education and documents.
- Then, upload the scanned documents in the correct file format and size.
- Fill in all the details, upload all the supporting documents, and click on ‘Continue and Save’ to submit your online application.
- Then, click ‘Make Payment’ to pay the required fees using your credit card, debit card, or online banking.
Required Documents for HPU Distance Education
- Email Account
- Active Mobile Number
- Colour passport photograph, only in JPG or JPEG format.
- A scanned signature with a white sheet and black pen.
- Certificate of Marksheet only in PDF format.
HPU Distance Education Courses List
|BA (Bachelor of Arts)||MCA (Master of Computer Application)|
|BCom (Bachelor of Commerce)||MBA (Master of Business Administration)|
|BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)||MA (Master of Arts)|
|BEd (Bachelor of Education)||PG Diploma In PGDPM & LW, PGHRD & Diploma in Tourist Guide|
|Diploma in Yoga Studies|
HPU Distance Education Fee Structure
|Course Name||Fee in Rs|
HPU Distance Education Eligibility
- The BA and BCom students must have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized university with an aggregate mark of 40% to 45%.
- A minimum of 40% marks in aggregate is required for BCA students who have completed 10+2 at a recognized university.
- The minimum eligibility for MSc nursing students is B.Sc Nursing /Post Basic B.Sc Nursing /B.Sc Hons Nursing with at least 55% aggregate marks from recognized institutions.
- Students seeking an MBA degree must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 45% to 50% in relevant subjects and be enrolled in a recognized university.
HPU Distance Education Admit Card
The candidate can download the hall ticket/admit card from the University’s official website. To download the admit card please login into the portal using the Username or password which is provided by the University. A student who wants to check/download admit cards please visit the University website(http://icdeolhpu.org). If you face any problems downloading the admit card don’t hesitate to get in touch with a concerned person at the University.
HPU Distance Education Facilities
- Library Facilities: Academic institutions place a high value on their libraries. Libraries are necessary for society for better official and informal education delivery. Since most distance learning requires independent study on the part of the student, library assistance is crucial. The library’s collection is made up of 22544 books in total, including bound volumes of periodicals.
- Faculty House: If lodging is offered, ICDEOL students travelling to Shimla are typically accommodated at the university’s established rates.
- Transport: There are frequent local trains, university buses, and private and public bus services that travel between Summer Hill and the main town.
- Concession for Blind Students: According to HPU Ordinance 43.1, tuition and examination fees are not charged to blind students who wish to enrol in any of the courses offered by the International Center for Distance Education & Open Learning.
- Identity Card: Upon acceptance into the ICDEOL, a student will receive an identity card. It will be valid for the duration of the course or until the student leaves before the course is finished, whichever comes first. The student must carry this card with him or her in the examination room as well as when visiting the ICDEOL office or showing up for the personal contact program.
HPU Distance Education Student Login
At @admissions.hpushimla.in/icdeolmain.aspx, you can access the HPU ICDEOL login portal. In order to access the official portal, students need a “User ID” and “Password.”. After logging in, the portal allows students to access their course materials, submit assignments, check assignment marks, grade cards, and results, and track their progress. They can also access support services such as technical assistance and academic advising.
HPU ICDEOL Admission Result
The results will be released by Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) on its official website. The university website provides online results access for students. By inputting their roll number in the internet portal, students can check their results.
For many courses, HPU offers exams in annual and semester formats. To be promoted from the previous semester, students must pass both their End Semester Examination (ESE) and Continuous Comprehensive Assessment (CCA).
All undergraduate and graduate students have access to their results for all years and semesters. Candidates can check their HP University results by doing the following:
- Visit the Himachal Pradesh University website (HPU).
- Select the link that says “Results.”
- For all courses, choose the direct link to check UG, PG, regular, and private results.
- From the list of programs, pick the course.
- Choose the criterion from Name or Roll Number.
- Enter the required information.
- Download the outcome.
HPU Distance Education Affiliated Colleges List
HPU Distance Education Affiliated Colleges list consist of several colleges all over India. These colleges offer courses and programs in various fields, such as Engineering, Management, Arts, and Sciences. Students can choose from a variety of courses and programs depending on their interests and qualifications. A list of the Affiliated Colleges with Himachal Pradesh University is provided below.
|Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||1966||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Dr. Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College, Tanda||1996||Bodar Balla, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Himachal Pradesh Government Dental College and Hospital, Shimla||1994||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|University Institute of Information Technology, Shimla||2000||Bharech, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Himachal Pradesh University Business School||1971||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Abhilashi Group of Institutions School of Pharmacy and Engineering and Technology, Mandi||2010||Chailchowk, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
|Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences||1993||Paonta Sahib, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
|Himachal Dental College, Sunder Nagar||1994||Sundernagar, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
|MIT College of Engineering and Management||2008||Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
|HP University Regional Centre, Dharamshala||1992||Mohali Lahrandi, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Government College, Dharamshala||1926||Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Vallabh Government College||1948||Mandi, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|St Bede’s College, Shimla||1904||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
|SRET College of Engineering and Technology, Hamirpur||2009||Phahal, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
|Sister Nivedita Government Nursing College||2010||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Shivalik Institute of Nursing, Shimla||2009||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
|Rajiv Gandhi Government Post Graduate Ayurvedic College, Kangra||1972||Gernot, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Rajiv Gandhi Government College, Shimla||1986||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Himachal Pradesh University Centre for Evening Studies, Shimla||1962||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Government Degree College, Sanjauli||1969||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Government Arya Degree College, Nurpur||1978||Jachh, Himachal Pradesh||Government|
|Gautam College of Nursing, Hamirpur||2013||Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
|Chamba Millennium B Ed College, Chamba||2007||Chamba, Himachal Pradesh||Private|
About HP University
The Himachal Pradesh University was established in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, 51 years ago. The university offers correspondence courses in the fields of science, arts & humanities, language, education, commerce, business administration, etc.
ICDEOL HPU Contact Details
- Address: Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla – 171005
- Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hpuniv.ac.in
FAQ Regarding HPU Distance Education
Q: Does HPU accept distance education?
Ans: Yes, Himachal Pradesh University offers numerous UG/PG courses in distance mode.
Q: What is the fee for a BBA at Himachal Pradesh University?
Ans: Himachal Pradesh University charges approx INR 25,000/ for a distance BBA program.
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.