MA Psychology Distance Education Admission 2023: It is offered by many universities through distance mode. Candidates who pass out a UG degree with at least 50% Marks can apply for this 2-Year PG degree program at IGNOU, KUK, Bharathidasan University, DU SOL, etc.
The full form of this course is the Master of Arts in Psychology. In this 2-year distance learning program, the students will be learning about the reactions, thoughts, and behaviors of humans when they are faced with a specific incident or situation.
- MA Psychology distance education admission for the 2023 session is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline is 30 September 2023. Click Here
- DU SOL is offering admission MA course for the academic session 2023. The last date to apply for admission is 11 September 2023.
The following qualifying conditions must be met by MA Psychology distance applicants:
- An Undergraduate degree is enough to get admission to the MA Psychology distance program.
- At least a 40% to 50% mark score in UG is required to apply for this MA course.
- Currently employed in any organization can also apply for this program.
- MA Psychology (Distance) course fee varies from institute to institute. The average tuition fees charged by the student of this program are INR 10K to 20K per year.
- The admission process for MA Psychology through distance mode is merit-based. It depends on the student’s performance during the UG degree. Some distant colleges also conduct self-assessment tests and personal interviews for granting enrollment.
MA Psychology Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Master|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Arts in Psychology|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of MA Psychology in Distance Education is 2 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||40% to 50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institution|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 – INR 20,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor in Psychology, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Clinical Psychologists, Health psychologists, etc.|
Is Distance MA Psychology Worth it?
It is beneficial to study MA Psychology via distance learning mode, and this can be worthwhile when pursued by a top college or University.
- Skills: The skills that can be learned through this course are active listening, interpersonal communication, logical reasoning, analytical, and time management skills.
- Time Flexibility: A distance MA Psychology course is time-saving as the students are not required to attend classes on a daily basis. The candidates get enough time to spend on other activities related to their careers and spend time on their studies whenever they want.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of distance MA Psychology is about INR 10,000 – INR 20,000 charged per year. This is the cost that is lower so that every candidate can afford these studies easily, and thus most candidates select learning via distance mode.
- Earn While You Learn: In regular studies earning and learning at the same time is not possible, but distance learning makes this possible and allows the students to meet their needs by working and studying.
MA Psychology Distance Education Admission 2023
Master of Arts in Psychology, or MA in Psychology, is a distance education course. The PG degree course two two-year duration includes the study of personality, cognitive psychology, psychopathology, social psychology, and so on. The course admission is available at recognized universities, including NOU, Chandigarh University, LPU, and a large number of others.
Lovely Professional University’s distance education opens admission for the MA Psychology program. The online admission portal is available at www.lpude.in. LPU has not revealed the closing date for acceptance of the application form.
Eligibility for MA Psychology Distance Education
In order to get admission to the MA Psychology distance education course in any of the approved universities in India, candidates should attain the minimum qualification requirements mentioned below.
- Three-year undergraduate degree in Psychology or a relevant field from an approved university/institution.
- Most universities ask for 40-50 percent in the qualifying examination degree.
MA Psychology Distance Education Fee
The fee structure of the MA Psychology open and distance program is created with the examination, tuition, study materials, and other inclusions. The annual fee for the MA Psychology distance education course stretches from the amount of INR 10,000 to INR 20,000.
MA Psychology Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
- The candidates should fill out the application form through the online portal of the college.
- All the information provided in the application form should be correct.
- The payment for the application fee + entrance exam fee can be made through both online and offline modes.
- Applications with incorrect details will be refused at any time.
- The candidate will get a confirmation of submission of the application form and fee via SMS or e-mail.
Basic Requirements of Documents for MA Psychology Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate.
- Adhaar Card is required for verification.
- Pan card.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Passport Size Photo.
MA Psychology Distance Education at IGNOU
Students who wish to pursue a master’s degree in Psychology but are unable to do so through the regular mode can apply for admission to MA Psychology courses at IGNOU. This course, the duration is 2 years, and it can be completed in a maximum of 5 years through the use of the DDE mode. There is an average fee of Rs. 15,000 for this course.
It is important to note that the candidates participating in this course will have the advantage of having the option to study according to their schedule, as no classes are held at any institutions or educational institutions.
MA Psychology Distance Education India
Many popular Universities and colleges are offering the MA in Psychology in distance learning mode in Delhi. Delhi is the education hub of India. Students from all over India come here to take admission to various universities. Lovely Professional University, DU SOL, and IGNOU are famous universities that provide valuable education and offer this master’s program to students.
MA Psychology Distance Education Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Psychometry||Statistics and Experimental Design|
|Cognitive Process||Social Psychology|
|Neuropsychology||Basic Organizational Processes|
|Emotions in Everyday Life||Cognitive Behaviour Therapy|
|Paradigms of Psychology||Applied Developmental Psychology|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Indian Psychology and its Applications||Appreciating Diversity|
|Multivariate Technique||Organizational Development and Change|
|Group Process in organizations||Human Resource Practices|
|Training and Development||Psychology of Advertising|
|Positive Psychology||Psychology at the Margins|
|Self Inpsychoanalytic Thought||Gender: A Psycho-Social Understanding|
|Listening and Communicating||Development of Social Psychology|
|Development of Theories of Mind||Cognitive Development during Infancy and early childhood|
Scope of MA Psychology Distance Education
Benefits of MA Psychology Distance Education
MA psychology distance learning or an online master’s degree has several advantages. The following list includes a few advantages of the course: –
- Time-Saving: The MA Psychology course in online education can be completed without attending regular classes. Students can attend classes at any time and from any location. They can make use of their spare time to complete other career-related tasks that will advance their careers and help them earn a degree, which is not achievable while enrolled in a conventional MA course.
- Low-cost course: The cost of the online MA Psychology program is a little less than that of the traditional MBA program. The affordable fee structure is intended for students who desire to continue their education but are unable to pay the usual MA tuition. They can now pursue higher education at a cheaper cost.
- Job experience: Students pursuing a distance MA psychology can gain work experience, which will help them secure a higher wage once the program is complete. After gaining some work experience, they can have the opportunity to submit an application to the best hiring firms.
- Working Professionals: Those who are currently employed but who have plans to enroll in additional coursework in psychology can still apply for a distance-learning MA Psychology specialization without having to leave their current positions. After completing the online MA Psychology course, they can advance their careers by seeking better positions at prestigious firms or by receiving promotions.
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.