MSc Chemistry Distance Education Admission 2023: Distance MSc Chemistry is a 2-year PG program that covers a wide range of topics in chemistry and related fields. It includes Pharmaceutical, Physical, Analytical, Inorganic, and Organic Chemistry. All the graduates can work as researchers, scientists, teachers, and chemists, among other jobs. The MSc Chemistry distance learning program was created to educate students on a wide range of topics including nuclear chemistry, materials chemistry, theoretical and applied chemistry and much more.
TNOU, Andhra University, MP Bhoj Open University, KSOU and Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University are the top universities which are offering this Distance learning course.
Each year, the Master of Science in Chemistry becomes more popular in India and all over the world. There are several universities and colleges which are offering this Distance MSc Chemistry course. Candidates who have a UG degree easily can apply for this course. Compare to the other regular courses MSc In Chemistry Distance Education is having low fee structure and it’s more worth it.
Course Name: MSc Chemistry distance education
Eligibility: Students must have to pass UG Degree with 40% through a recognized board.
Fee Structure: MSc Chemistry distance education students will pay an average minimum fee between INR 22,000 – INR 42,000 per annum.
Jobs: The demand for MSc Chemistry Distance Education course degree holders is increasing day by day. The specialist of Distance MSc Chemistry may work in the medical industry of the world in a position of Chemist, Synthetic Lab Scientist, Research Officer, and many more.
Salary: Graduates from the Distance MSc Chemistry degree program may work in the medical field and get an average salary of INR 4 and 10 LPA.
Note: IGNOU MSc Chemistry Admission is open for July session 20233. The last date to apply for MSc Chemistry Distance Education is 30 June 2023.
MSc Chemistry Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Master’s|
|Full-Form||Master of Science in Chemistry|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||40%|
|Eligibility||BSc Chemistry or Any related BSc degree|
|Average Course Fees||INR 22,000 to INR 42,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||MTech in Chemistry etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4 LPA – INR 10 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Pharmaceutical Companies, Research Centers, Laboratories, Medical Colleges, etc.|
Is Distance MSc Chemistry Worth it?
Obtaining MSc in Chemistry through DL mode from top science colleges is worth it.
- Skills: This distance MSc degree provides experimental skills in organic chemistry, research skills, Structure Determination Skills, Chemical Synthetic Skills, and Chromatographic skills. Time Management and Oral Skills will also be taught to this course’s students.
- Time Flexibility: The MSc Chemistry online learning course received high ratings for student flexibility. Students maintain their independence and are given the freedom to plan their own schedules. By maintaining a learning calendar, individuals also get the added benefit of improving their time management abilities.
- Fee and cost: Academic cost for this MSc course is low as compared to regular MSc courses. Approximately INR 22,000 to 42,000 is the average annual fee for this distance course.
- Earn While You Learn: MSc Chemistry through distance mode is also providing you with the option of doing a job in your free time. As it is a distance course, you can get an advantage from its time flexibility.
MSc Chemistry Distance Education Admission 2023
MSc Chemistry Distance Education Admission at Universities like IGNOU, Andhra University, MP Bhoj Open University, KSOU, YCMOU and Vardhman Mahaveer Open University is open for session 2023. The University accepts the online mode of applications, students can fill out the form on the official portal. It is mandatory to fulfil the Distance MSc Chemistry eligibility criteria.
Eligibility for MSc Chemistry Distance Education
- Graduates in the discipline of chemistry (BSc or BSc Hons.) are eligible.
- Scored 40% of aggregate marks in graduation from a recognized university/college. (45% for SC/ST students)
- Students must qualify for the entrance exams of the colleges or universities by obtaining the minimum qualifying marks.
MSc Chemistry Distance Education Fees
Almost every distance education-based university asks for a two-year fee annually to take off some pressure from students. However, there are some significant differences in the annual fee, which ranges from INR 22,000 to INR 42,000, between private, state, and centrally administered universities. The fee range of MSc Chemistry depends upon the University. Every Year application fee may change depending upon University. After the verification of documents, Students must submit the application fee.
MSc Chemistry Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- To apply for this course, candidates need to visit the official website of the University.
- According to the eligibility criteria of the University, applicants can fill out an application form.
- After filling out the application form, the candidate needs to pay the fee through an online payment portal by E-Banking debit/credit card.
- Take A Print Out of Final Submitted Form.
Basic Requirements of Documents for MSc Chemistry Distance Education Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- An Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc Chemistry Distance Education in India
There are several Well-reputed Universities in India that provides Distance MSc in Chemistry Courses. These universities are Public, Deemed, State, and Private Universities and approved by UGC and DEB. Universities provide admission to Students on the basis of merit or Direct depending upon University. Some universities take admission twice in one year while some universities take admission once a year. Some top Universities in India are as follows:-
- Annamalai University
- Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Bharathiar University
- Uttarakhand Open University
- Bharathidasan University
- Alagappa University
- Chandigarh University
- Lovely Professional University
- Amity University
MSc Chemistry Distance Education in Delhi
The MSc Chemistry Distance Education is a 2-year course that provides deep knowledge to the students concerning the subjects such as basic chemistry as part of the PG level course. As a result of taking this course, students will be able to solve problems they encounter in their professional lives. It is worth mentioning that there are many universities in Delhi that offer admission to M.Sc Chemistry DDE programs:
- IGNOU – Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Directorate of Distance Education, Maharshi Dayanand University
MSc Chemistry Distance Education in Bangalore
Candidates who are interested in making their career with the help of the Distance MSc Chemistry degree course have great opportunities in Bangalore. For the ongoing session, admission has started for the Distance MSc Chemistry course in Bangalore. Students can take admission before admission has been closed. Many top colleges and universities offer Correspondence MSc Chemistry courses in Bangalore. After completing this course, students have great career opportunities over the world. Students must check the eligibility and fees before taking admission to this course.
MSc Chemistry Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Inorganic Chemistry||Mathematics For Physical Chemistry|
|Organic Chemistry||Chemistry And Environment|
|Analytical Chemistry||Solid State|
|Computer For Chemist||Practical II|
Scope After MSc Chemistry Distance Education
One of the most sought-after programs in India over the past few years has been MSc Chemistry. Students have the chance to delve into the subject’s many facets during this course. The range of applications for MSc Chemistry continues to grow.
One may opt to work in research after successfully completing this degree; one may also practice as a scientist, or one may look for employment in the teaching sector.
Once they have finished their MSc Chemistry courses, students may potentially think about obtaining a higher degree. The two degrees that students choose for advanced study in chemistry are the M.Phil. and the PhD.
- M.Phil in Chemistry – M.Phil. Chemistry is a postgraduate philosophy study in chemistry that lasts one year full-time. It centers on the characteristics, content, behaviour, and structure of matter as well as the alterations that take place during chemical processes.
- PhD in Chemistry – The PhD in Chemistry program is a three-year doctoral chemistry program. A chemistry PhD will allow one to keep learning new things and teach others how to do research. Candidates who have earned their M.Phil. and master’s degrees are eligible to apply for a PhD.
MSc Chemistry Distance Education Career & Job Prospects
Career opportunities for MSc Chemistry scope are available in a number of public and private sector organizations. For MSc Chemistry Distance Education graduates, there are numerous career options available in the pharmaceutical business, research labs, laboratories, medical colleges, etc. Such postgraduates often get between INR 4 and 10 lakhs in pay.
|Career Opportunities||Employment Area|
|Clinical Research Associate||Research Centers|
|Pharmaceutical Sales Executive||Public Relations|
|Synthetic Lab Scientist||Academic Institutions|
|Research Officer (Chemistry/ Biochemistry)|
|Solid State Chemistry Expert|
MSc Chemistry Distance Education (FAQs)
Q1- Can I do MSc chemistry through distance education?
Ans: Yes, Many top colleges and universities in India offer MSc Chemistry through distance education.
Q2- Is MSc Chemistry Distance Education valid for private and government Sectors?
Ans: yes, MSc Chemistry from distance Education is valid for Private and Government Sectors and demanded degree for a job.
Q3- Is MSc Chemistry valid from distance education?
Ans: Yes, The MSc Chemistry course is valid from distance education and approved by UGC & DEB.
Q4- Does IGNOU offer MSc Chemistry to Students?
Ans: Yes, IGNOU Offers Distance MSc in Chemistry to Students who have completed their graduation from a recognized university.