MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Admission 2023: The distance MSc environment science program is organized into four semesters over the course of two years. The MSc Environmental Science distance program integrates physical and biological sciences to solve environmental problems. Depending on the institute, admission requirements may vary. Admission to this course requires a 50% in graduation from a recognized university.
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education course, revolves around Environmental hazards, risk management, conservation, environmental pollution, health management, biostatistics and many more. There are several private and government universities which are offering this MSc Environmental Distance Education Course.
Admission is dependent on either merit or entrance exam results. The average fee for the course is between INR 25,000/- to INR 38,000/-. Environmental journalists, Environment photographers, forest carbon specialists, and research assistants are among the careers available to MSc environment science graduates. Approximately INR 3.5 LPA – INR 7 LPA is the minimum salary offered, depending on experience and skills.
This MSc Environmental Science Distance Education course is offered by a number of universities, including Nalanda Open University, YCMOU, DR B R Ambedkar Open University, and Amity University. The distance MSc Environmental Application form is available at Universities website.
After this MSc Environmental Science Distance Education, students can get good jobs as Product Managers, Environment Photographers, Research Assistants etc.
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Science in Environmental Science|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 25,000 – INR 38,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||BSc in Environmental Science|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 LPA – INR 7 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Environment Photographer, Research Assistant, Product Manager, etc.|
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission into MSc Environmental Science Distance Education at lovely Profeshanal University. The last date is not announced yet for Distnace MSc Environmental Science. Apart from IGNOU also the July session 2023, Students can apply till 30 June 2023 for MSc Environmental Science Distance Education.
MSc Environment Science is a distance education course driven for the duration of two years. The course includes advanced theoretical, practical, and conceptual knowledge of genetic materials, ecology, environment, biotechnology, and animal and plant systematics. Many universities offer this MSc Environmental Science Distance Education course, including Nalanda Open University, YCMOU, DR B R Ambedkar Open University, Amity University etc.
Admissions for the MSc Environmental Science Distance Education course at Amity University have begun for the 2023 academic year. On Amity University’s official website, interested candidates can apply.
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Environmental Science Distance Education
Candidates can easily apply for the Distance MSc Environmental Science open and distance program if they can meet the minimum criteria.
- Candidate should have a UG degree from relevant courses like a BSc or BSc Honors Degree. Students pursuing MBBS or B.Tech/ BE are also eligible for admission.
- Applicants should have at least 50 percent in the qualifying degree.
- There is no age limit for the MSc Environmental Science Distance Education course.
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Fee Structure
The UGC-approved distance learning university of the country eases the burden of students by splitting the complete fee of the MSc Environmental Science program into two years. This makes it simple and comfortable for students to pay the tuition at private, public, and other universities. Candidates should be aware that the annual fee varies from INR 25,000 to INR 38,000 due to regulations of private, central, and other universities.
Why pursue an MSc in Environmental Science Distance Education?
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education has several advantages, including the following:
- In order to work in environmental protection, prospective candidates need to seek a Master of Science (MSc) in environmental science. When they want to work to protect the environment, prospective students should seek a Master of Science (MSc) in environmental science.
- Engineering, biology, conservation, ecology, and chemistry are just a few of the specializations available to students in this program.
- The ability to anticipate hazards will help students to provide guidance on matters pertaining to regulatory compliance.
- The MSc Environmental Science Distance Education program offers students the chance to concentrate in a number of fields, including biology, engineering, ecology, conservation, and chemistry.
- The resources of the planet can be found and preserved with your help.
- Students will gain knowledge of hazard prediction and be able to offer guidance on matters pertaining to regulatory compliance.
- Both environmental engineers and conservationists are acceptable career options for students.
- Numerous job opportunities in the public or private sectors may become available as a result of this advanced course. The doors to a variety of jobs in the public or private sector may be opened by taking this advanced course.
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Generally, the Distance MSc Environmental Science application process is online and offline. Apart from that Admission process differs from University to University. There are some important steps of registration which are mentioned below:
- The candidates should fill out the application form through the online portal of the college.
- All the information provided in the application form should be correct.
- The payment for the application fee and entrance exam fee can be made through both online and offline modes.
- Applications with incorrect details will be refused at any time.
- The candidate will get a confirmation of submission of the application form and fee via SMS or e-mail.
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Documents Required for Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate.
- Adhaar Card is required for verification.
- Pan card.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Passport Size Photo.
IGNOU MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Syllabus
IGNOU MSc Environmental Science provides deep knowledge about the environment’s physical, chemical, and biological processes. The IGNOU M.Sc Environmental Science syllabus is divided into 2 parts according to the duration. The overview of the syllabus is given below:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Earth Processes||Elective Course|
|Environmental Chemistry||Environmental Impact Assessment|
|Environmental Science Lab Course – 1||Environmental pollution, Control, and Management|
|Fundamentals of Environmental Science and Ecology||Environmental Science Lab Course – 2|
|Sustainable Natural Resource Management|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Environmental Health and Eco-toxicology||Elective Course|
|Environmental Legislations||Elective Course|
|Environmental Science Lab Course – 3|
|Research Methodology for Environmental Science|
Electives Courses (Choose any four of the following)
- Biodiversity Conservation and Management
- Disaster Management
- Environment and Society
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Environmental Issues
- Environmental Management
- Global Climate Change
- Instrumentation Techniques for Environmental Monitoring
- Urban Environment
Is Distance MSc in Environment Science Worth it?
Distance Master Degree in Environment Science can give you a better scope if you get this education from one of the best science institutes in India.
- Skills: This distance MSc program provides skills in environmental protection, pollution control techniques, time management, and oral and research skills. Leadership and Writing skills were also taught during the study of this course.
- Time Flexibility: Distance MSc in Environment Science provides the advantage of flexible timing. Students can make their schedule of study according to their wishes. They can select any time to study this course.
- Fee and Cost: Choosing an MSc course via distance learning is cost-effective as compared to a traditional or regular course. Regular science courses are too much expensive. The average academic cost for this distance program starts from INR 27,000 to INR 70,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Due to its time Flexibility, this course is advantageous for working professionals. This allows you to work in the daytime and learn the course at night.
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Jobs & Career Opportunity
When a student successfully completes the MSc Environmental Science Distance Education degree, he or she may pursue a private teaching career in schools, and after passing the NET examination, they might be able to obtain a permanent lectureship at a college or university.
After finishing MSc in Environmental Science Distance Education course, students typically find employment as wildlife filmmakers, research assistants, senior catastrophe risk modelers, environmental technicians, senior program officers, environmental photographers, and environmental journalists.
- Colleges and Universities
- National Zoological Parks
- Wildlife Photography
- Animal Research Centers
- Wildlife Journalism
- Forest Departments
Following are some of the challenging employment opportunities available to MSc Environmental Science graduates, along with a brief description of each position:
|Job Profile||Job Description|
|Environment Photographer||Photographers that specialize in the environment and wildlife seek to capture photographs of animals and plants in their natural habitats so they can use these powerful images as resources.|
|Research Assistant||The professors’ research projects are supported by research assistants. They supervise their study and experimentation, and they find the essential knowledge.|
|Environment Journalist||Hard news and investigative articles about exposing criminal conduct or concerning new environmental issues are written by environmental journalists. Interviews and background research are additional requirements.|
|Product Manager||By utilizing the newest technology and methods, product managers assist in creating the products as effectively as feasible.|
|Wildlife Filmmaker||A job in wildlife filmmaking entails snagging, observing, and documenting amazing wild creatures in their natural habitat.|
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Future Scope
After earning an MSc in Environmental Science Distance Education degree, a candidate may pursue employment opportunities or higher education/degrees like a Ph.D. in Environmental Science at some prestigious schools.
Successful professionals can choose to work for both public and private companies, or they can choose to teach privately in schools and colleges. For their research endeavors, they can also collaborate with the Environmental Protection Agency and State Departments.
Graduates of the MSc in Environmental Science Distance Education can also find employment as Senior Programme Officers, Environmental Technicians, and Product Managers in the Environmental Health & Safety sector.
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education Salary
There is a wide variety of employment opportunities open to recent graduates with a Master of Science in Environmental Science degree. After completing their Master of Science in Environmental Science, graduates are not guaranteed a specific wage or scope of work; rather, these aspects are subject to change depending on a variety of conditions. The beginning pay for the listed job roles is in the range of INR 3.5 – 7 Lakhs. Graduates of the MSc Environmental Science Distance Education frequently pursue the following career paths:
MSc Environmental Science Distance Education FAQ
Question 1: Is a Master of Science in Environmental Management degree recognized by the public or private sectors?
Answer: The MSc Environmental Science degree earned through distance education is recognized and valued by both the private and public sectors.
Question 2: After completing MSc in Environmental Science Distance Education through the Distance Education program, is it possible for a student to make a career?
Answer: After completing a Master of Science in Environmental Science DDE degree, there are many job opportunities available.