MSc Horticulture Distance Education?: MSc Horticulture is a PG-level course with a 2 to 4-year duration course. Candidates looking for admission to the MSc Horticulture program must pass the 12th class through a recognized board with at least 40%-50% marks from a recognized University in India. It also covers deep concepts of topics including Ecofriendly practices, food production, etc.
In India, there are numerous colleges & institutes that provide an MSc in Horticulture in regular learning mode. Candidates looking for MSc Horticulture distance education admission must know the course is not offered by any university via open and distance learning mode. Entry into this course is prohibited by the UGC & DEB via distance learning mode.
The annual fee ranges from Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,40,000/- per annum. It varies by college.
Approximately INR 5 LPA – INR 7.5 LPA is the minimum salary, depending on experience and skills.
MSc Horticulture Course Admission 2023 Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form of Course||M.Sc in Horticulture|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Regular Mode Only|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||40%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 40,000 – INR 1,40,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Molecular Biology, Plant Genetics, Plant Breeding, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5 LPA – INR 7.5 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Agriculture Technician, Agriculturists, Business Development Executive, Marketing Executive, etc.|
MSc Horticulture Distance Education Admission?
In India, Admission to the MSc Horticulture distance education course is not offered by any university. Because no one university is approved by UGC & DEB to offer this course via ODL mode.
Admission to this course is only possible in a regular mode of learning and Sikkim University, Andhra University, LPU, and more offer admission to this course based on an entrance test.
Interested candidates who want to apply for the program can visit the official portal of the university. The application form can be found on the official website of their chosen university. Those who are interested can fill out the admission form and submit it either online or offline mode.
MSc Horticulture courses are either merit- or entrance-based. Only those who meet the eligibility requirements can apply, and forms must be submitted by the deadline. Students must visit the official websites of selected universities to access the online application form. Admission to MSc in Horticulture can be secured only after filling out the admission form.
MSc Horticulture Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate applying for admission into the distance MSc Horticulture should have a BSc degree from a recognized university.
- BSc must be from any of the relevant courses like Botany, Agriculture, Horticulture, or related subjects.
- Candidates must have scored at least 40% marks in the graduation.
MSc Horticulture Fees Structure
MSc Horticulture Fee structure depends on the university to university. The average fee for MSc Horticulture Distance Education is INR 40,000 to INR 1,40,000 per annum in India.
The fee may vary from one institute to another and it is decided by the institute. Students have to pay other charges like tuition fees, exam fees, and ID card fees along with the fees. Universities are accepting the fees through online modes like Debit/Credit Card, UPI and Net Banking.
MSc Horticulture Distance Education Admission Process 2023
The admission process is simple and can be completed in simple steps. Students can follow the admission process mentioned below for admission to the MSc in Horticulture program.
- One should visit the official website for admission purposes.
- Candidates can fill out the online application form through the official website.
- Incomplete/Incorrect applications or forms with errors will be rejected.
- Payment can be made through credit/Debit cards for the application fees.
- After submitting the application form, the applicant has to pay the fee through an online payment portal.
- The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration only once the fees are paid successfully.
MSc Horticulture Distance Education Basic Requirements of Documents
- 10+2 /UG certificate
- An Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc Horticulture Distance Education Syllabus
Numerous significant areas and topics are covered in the distance MSc Horticulture program. The MSc Horticulture course syllabus is divided into the following semesters:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Systematic Horticulture||Orchard Management|
|Plant Propagation and Nursery Husbandry||Tropical and Subtropical Fruits|
|Vegetable Crop||Spices Plantation|
|Statistical Method||Design of Experiments|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Medicinal and Aromatic Plants||Breeding of Horticultural Crops|
|Temperate Fruits||Floriculture and Landscaping|
|Minor Fruits||Quality Control of Fruits, Vegetables, and Flowers|
|Postharvest Technology of Horticultural Crops||Field Study and Thesis|
Is Distance MSc Horticulture Worth it?
It is the best decision to select distance learning for doing an MSc in Horticulture from any of the top distance institutes in India.
- Skills: There are a lot of skills that can be acquired by studying this distance course, and these include problem-solving ability, communication & interpersonal skills, management and business awareness, excellent planning skills, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: Anyone who studies this course will be relaxed in choosing the best available study hours and setting their own timetable. Candidates can spend extra time on other study-related tasks and also take part in co-curricular activities.
- Fee and Cost: Around INR 40,000 to INR 1,40,000 per annum is the average annual cost of this course. The fee structures in distance mode are usually low so that everyone can afford them.
- Earn While You Learn: If anyone desires to do a job during the learning process, then distance learning is the best option because this enables one to earn and learn simultaneously.
Scope of MSc Horticulture via Distance Learning
In addition to plant breeding, landscape management, pest control, and arboreal management, M.Sc. horticulture distance graduates can apply for a variety of jobs. It is also possible for candidates to get decent jobs in harvest management and agriculture management. Environmentally conscious individuals can work in the plant protection and sustainable management fields.
- Candidates can anticipate job offers for a variety of professions related to horticulture because this course is so flexible and active.
- Students pursuing a Master’s in Horticulture can work in any industry that produces food or plants.
- Expert horticulturists are valued, and their compensation is excellent as well.
- Even government organizations, such as the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, offer stable places to begin a job after graduation.
- Other positions that are available to recent MSc graduates include soil scientists, seed analysts, and horticulturists.
- A horticulture master’s degree holder can find employment in the fields of biochemistry, plant breeding, plant cultivation, and plant physiology.
- As a result of the development of new technologies, such as biochemistry, molecular biology, and genetics, new opportunities in horticulture are always emerging.
MSc Horticulture Distance Education Job Roles
Jobs requirements for a Master of Science in Horticulture are available in both the public and government sectors. After earning a Master of Science in Horticulture, graduates have a lot of various job opportunities in this field. Some roles are here GIS Technicians, GIS Analysts, GIS Administrators, GIS Professionals, and GIS Managers. etc., some other job profiles are mentioned below.
As an M.Sc. Horticulture graduate, you can choose from the following job roles:
- Assistant Professor
- Forest Officer
- Horticultural Education Supervisor
- Field Officer
MSc Horticulture Distance Education Salary in India
MSc Horticulture from a Distance is a specialization degree program. The course offers to develop professional skills and get jobs in multinational companies in India. A person with an MSc in Horticulture from a distance education program may get a high salary in India. In India, someone with a Master of Science in Horticulture can make between INR 5 LPA and INR 7.5 LPA. The graduates’ starting salaries are determined by their degree of schooling, grade point average, and the skills they have gained.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1: Is MSc Horticulture Distance Education valid in India?
Ans: Yes, MSc Horticulture in Distance Education is valid in India. Many Universities and Colleges Offer MSc in Distance Education.
Ques 2: What are the Subjects in MSc Horticulture?
Ans: Some of the Subjects are Plant Genetics, Plant Breeding, Biotechnology, and Seed technology in MSc Horticulture.
Ques 3: Can I do an MSc in horticulture after my BSc in botany?
Ans: Yes, Students can do MSc horticulture after completing BSc Botany. MSc Horticulture is the study of Plants and the Storage of fruits and vegetables.