MSc IT Distance Education 2024: The Correspondence or Distance MSc in IT programme comes with a two-year duration, and the program focuses on data science and advanced science and Information technology. It covers operating systems, database administration, computer networks, IT security, and more throughout four semesters.
MSc IT Distance Education Admission updates: February 2024
- IMTS Institute is now accepting applications for MSc IT Distance Education for the 2024–2025 academic year. The deadline for completing the application is 29 February 2024. Apply now
- The deadline for Subharti University’s MSc IT admission for the 2024–2025 academic year is 29 February 2024. Apply now
- Applications for the MSc IT programme offered in distance mode by NIILM University are now being accepted for the 2024–2025 academic year. Students must finish the form by 29 February 2024. Apply now
- The last date is 29 February 2024 for MSc IT distance education admission at the IGNOU for the January 2024 academic session, students can submit their admission form before the deadline. Source
A minimum of 40% in a UGC-recognized undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree is required to apply for the course.
MSc in IT distance education program fees range between INR 10,000 to INR 33,000 per year, as per the different universities.
Core subjects include Operating Systems and System Software, Data Structures and Algorithms, Computer Networks and Communication, Web Development, etc.
Last Admission Date:
Admission has been started to MSc IT distance education courses at various UGC-approved distance education universities for the January 2024 session. Interested students can apply by 31 January 2024.
MSc IT Distance Education Course Highlights
|Type of Course
|Post Graduate Degree
|Master of Science in Information Technology
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|BSc in IT or BCA or BSc in Computer Science
|INR 10,000 to INR 33,000 per year
|Similar Course Options of Study
|BTech in Information Technology, etc.
|4 LPAs to 8 LPAs
|Software Developer, Application Programmer, IT Analyst, etc.
Benefits of MSc in IT Distance Education
Distance education for MSc IT (Information Technology) is an excellent way to learn if you want to work in the IT industry.
- Since the MSC IT program can be done from a distance, college students and people who work have more options. Graduate degree programs in Science can be studied online from anywhere and anytime.
- The MSC in the IT program costs little. Compared to a regular course, it is usually less expensive. Also, online programs for graduate students in information technology save a lot of time. Students can use their time to improve their careers or education.
- Machine learning, cloud computing, DevOps, data analysis, system and operations, programming, security, and other skills are among the most important ones that students learn in this MSc IT course that they take at home.
- Distance courses are great because you can choose when to study and save time. This extra time can be used to do other work or learn new skills.
- Most distance learning schools charge between INR 10,000 and INR 33,000 yearly.
- In today’s fast-paced world, most job opportunities require experience, which you can get by taking this course simultaneously. This course also gives you a chance to make money (Earn while you learn).
MSc IT Distance Education Admission 2024
Many universities recognized by the UGC offer admission to MSc IT distance learning courses for the January 2024 session. Some universities have started accepting applications, while some have started for the January session. Students can fill out the admission form by the last date of 29 February 2024.
Students desirous of admission to the MSc IT Distance Education course will have to visit the official website of the university offering this course for the January 2024 session and submit the application form.
Some popular universities for that are KKHSOU, Gauhati University, BAOU, KSOU, University of Mumbai, etc.
The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc IT) program was made to meet the market’s demand for IT experts (IT). The program’s goal is to meet the growing need in the workplace for IT professionals with a wide range of technical and management skills who know how to use them well. People get a master’s degree if they have studied and shown that they know a lot about a particular subject or have a high-level overview.
MSc IT Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Distance MSc IT Admission is open to students with at least 40% in their UG or Bachelor’s degree. The candidates should make sure that UGC recognizes the institution.
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree (BSc IT) or equivalent degree in any field from a university that the UGC recognizes.
- Students will be accepted based on their grades or scores on an entrance exam.
MSc IT Correspondence Course Fee
Students seeking admission to the Master of Information and Technology distance education program should know about the course fee. Although numerous Universities from all over India offer this program in distance mode each University course fee is different from others. The course fee is between INR 10,000 to INR 33,000 per year (the course fee may vary as per the Universities).
MSc IT Distance Education Syllabus
|Object-Oriented Programming (oops)
Database Management System (DBMS)
Data Communication and Networking (DCN)
|Fundamentals & Programming
|Managing Big Data
|Data & File Structures
Analysis and Design of Algorithms
|Data Warehousing and Data Mining
|Open Source System (OSS)
MSc IT Distance Education Top Colleges/Universities in India
|Mumbai University, Maharastra
|Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli
|Madras University, Chennai
|Amity University, Uttar Pradesh
MU IDOL MSc IT Admission
The university is in Mumbai, which is in Maharashtra, India. Students can sign up for this university’s MSc IT program through distance learning by going to its official website. To get into Mumbai University IDOL, you need a BSc IT degree or something similar. Master of Science in Information Technology programs at this university cost between INR 12,000 and INR 25,000 per year.
IDEUNOM MSc IT Admission
Madras University’s distance education programs include UG, PG, Diploma, and PG Diploma courses. But based on your request, we only give information about the MSc IT Correspondence course.
Eligibility: Madras University’s distance MSc IT program is open to anyone with a bachelor’s degree in information technology, mathematics, statistics, etc., as their primary or allied subject.
Fee: Madra University charges between INR 30,450 to INR 30,850 for an MSc IT course that can be taken by distance.
LPU MSc IT Distance Education
It is a private university that is part of UGC and offers courses in distance mode. The university provides MSc information technology courses in distance mode for very reasonable prices. More details are given below:
- The fee to apply for an MSc IT program is INR 500.
- The tuition fee for this master’s degree program at LPU costs INR 12,000 per semester.
- The fee for each semester’s exam is INR 1,500.
- LPU charges INR 1,000 per semester for study materials.
MSc IT Distance Education Application Form Procedure 2024
One who is desirous to take admission for the MSc in Information Technology course distance education can apply by following the given admission process for session 2024-25. Once the admission process is completed, one can check the admission status.
- Questions about getting into the university can be answered on the institute’s official website.
- On the website’s admissions portal, the candidate can fill out the application form for admission.
- Candidates can pay their application fees either online or in person.
- Please take out the copy of the application forms and fee receipt you sent.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- An Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc IT Distance Education in India
Distance MSc IT degree course is a very demanding career option and its scope is increasing day by day in India. Students have a great career opportunity to study for an MSc IT professional degree program and make their career in India’s top IT industry. Several reputed and popular top universities and colleges provide this course in distance mode. Candidates must qualify for the Bachelor’s degree in BSC IT or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks for enrolling in the MSc IT Distance Education degree program.
Scope of MSc IT Distance Education in India
Several private and government organizations hire people with a Correspondence MSc IT degree and pay them a fair wage based on their level of expertise. MSc IT Distance Education is valid for any type of Government and Private jobs in the IT field. Students who have completed their MSc IT have good career options. Here are a few of the most common job titles or profiles for people with an MSc in IT.
|Web design specialist
|Computer Science Instructure
|Information Security Specialist
|Quality assurance specialist
Job Options after MSc IT Distance Education
Students with an MSc in IT Distance Education degree can look for employment in various fields or go for higher study. With an MSc Information technology distance learning degree, a person can work in IT as a Software Developer, IT analyst, Maintenance Engineer, or Application programmer, among other jobs.
Students can also work in teaching, banking, or data analysis. They can apply for a wide range of jobs with the government. Some of the most popular MSc IT jobs are listed in the table below.
|Technical Operations Analyst
|Voice Team Leader-Technical
|Network Planning Manager
Salary After MSc IT Distance Education
In India, the M.Sc. IT distance education salary is based on industry standards and changes with the marketing trends. In general, the salary for professionals with a Distance M.Sc. in IT ranges from 4 LPAs to 8 Lakhs per year, and it goes up with experience and industry standards. The average salary for someone with an M.Sc. in IT is about INR 3 LPA.
The table below shows how much MSc IT Distance Education graduates in India get paid.
|Salary Per Annum (in INR)
|4 – 5 LPA
|Network Planning Manager
|4 – 4.5 LPA
|3.5 – 4 LPA
|3.5 – 5 LPA
|3 – 4 LPA
|2.5 – 3 LPA
|4 – 5 LPA
|Technical Operations Analyst
|3 – 3.5 LPA
|Voice Team Leader-Technical
|4 – 4.5 LPA
MSc IT Distance Education FAQs
Q1- Is an MSc from distance education possible?
Ans Yes, for sure, an MSc can be pursued via distance education. There are considerable universities that are currently providing admission to this course, such as Sikkim Manipal University, Osmania University, etc.
Q2- Is MSc IT Distance Education valid for Government and private sector jobs?
Ans- Students can do the job in government and private jobs and it is a demanded postgraduate course.
Q3- Is an MSc IT distance learning degree valid for jobs in foreign countries?
Ans- Yes, students can pursue this degree to go for jobs in foreign countries from a recognized university.
Q4-Is MSc IT valid from distance education?
Ans-Yes, This course is valid for distance education & approved by UGC & DEB.
Q5-Who is eligible for MSc IT distance education?
Ans- For the MSc IT program, students must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.