MSc IT Distance Education 2023: Master of Science in Information Technology or IT via distance learning is available at various institutes in India. This 2 years long PG course includes various IT topics, such as computer basics, software design, cyber security, databases, programming languages, and more. The Distance MSc IT program is offered by many colleges/universities nationwide. LPU, Madras University, Subharti University, and more. Master of Science in Information Technology is the full form of an MSc IT course
- Madras University’s registration process has started for the distance MSc IT program for the session 2023-24. The extended last date to register was 30 September 2023. Source
- Mumbai University MSc IT distance education admission for the July 2023 session is ongoing. Students looking for admission can apply till 22 September 2023 with a late fine of Rs 150/-. Click Here
- Lovely Professional University application form is going on for the MSc IT Distance Education program for the academic year 2023-24. Source
There are lots of private and govt. Universities offering this Distance MSc IT without an entrance exam. Universities fees are also lower for MSC IT Distance Education than regular MSc courses. Aspirants have to pay Rs 10,000 to Rs 33,000 annually for This Distance MSc IT. The admission payment and application process will be online.
Students also learn about web development, object-oriented programming, E-commerce and ERP, multimedia applications, project management, operating systems, etc.
The MSc distance education fee varies in universities, ranging between Rs 10,000 to Rs 33,000 annually.
MSc IT Distance Education degree holders may work as Software Developers, Software Engineers, and many more.
MSc IT Distance Education graduates may get an average salary of 4 LPAs to 8 LPAs.
MSc IT Distance Education Admission 2023 Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form||Master of Science in Information Technology|
|Study Mode||Distance Education|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||40%|
|Eligibility||BSc in IT or BCA or BSc in Computer Science|
|Average Fee||INR 10,000 to INR 33,000 per year|
|Similar Course Options of Study||BTech in Information Technology, etc.|
|Average Salary||4 LPAs to 8 LPAs|
|Employment Roles||Software Developer, Application Programmer, IT Analyst, etc.|
Benefits of MSc in IT Distance Education
Distance education for MSc IT (Information Technology) is an excellent way to learn if you want to work in the IT industry.
- Since the MSC IT program can be done from a distance, college students and people who work have more options. Graduate degree programs in Science can be studied online from anywhere and anytime.
- The MSC in the IT program costs little. Compared to a regular course, it is usually less expensive. Also, online programs for graduate students in information technology save a lot of time. Students can use their time to improve their careers or education.
- Machine learning, cloud computing, DevOps, data analysis, system and operations, programming, security, and other skills are among the most important ones that students learn in this MSc IT course that they take at home.
- Distance courses are great because you can choose when to study and save time. This extra time can be used to do other work or learn new skills.
- Most distance learning schools charge between INR 10,000 and INR 33,000 yearly.
- In today’s fast-paced world, most job opportunities require experience, which you can get by taking this course simultaneously. This course also gives you a chance to make money (Earn while you learn).
MSc IT Distance Education Admission 2023
Several universities are now accepting applications for their distance MSc IT program for the new academic session. Students can find the most up-to-date information about applying on the college website. Students can fill out the form above to get information about college admissions. The application form can be found on the official website of their chosen universities.
The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc IT) program was made to meet the market’s demand for IT experts (IT). The program’s goal is to meet the growing need in the workplace for IT professionals with a wide range of technical and management skills who know how to use them well. People get a master’s degree if they have studied and shown that they know a lot about a particular subject or have a high-level overview.
MSc IT Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Distance MSc IT Admission is open to students with at least 40% in their UG or Bachelor’s degree. The candidates should make sure that UGC recognizes the institution.
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree (BSc IT) or equivalent degree in any field from a university that the UGC recognizes.
- Students will be accepted based on their grades or scores on an entrance exam.
MSc IT Correspondence Course Fee
Students seeking admission to the Master of Information and Technology distance education program should know about the course fee. Although numerous Universities from all over India offer this program in distance mode each University course fee is different from others. The course fee is between INR 10,000 to INR 33,000 per year (the course fee may vary as per the Universities).
MSc in Information Technology Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
One who is desirous to take admission for the MSc in Information Technology course distance education can apply by following the given admission process for session 2023-24. Once the admission process is completed, one can check the admission status.
- Questions about getting into the university can be answered on the institute’s official website.
- On the website’s admissions portal, the candidate can fill out the application form for admission.
- Candidates can pay their application fees either online or in person.
- Please take out the copy of the application forms and fee receipt you sent.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- An Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc IT Distance Education Syllabus
|1st year||2nd year|
|Object-Oriented Programming (oops)||
Database Management System (DBMS)
Data Communication and Networking (DCN)
|Fundamentals & Programming||Managing Big Data|
|Data & File Structures||Operating System|
|Network Security||Cyber Security|
Analysis and Design of Algorithms
|Data Warehousing and Data Mining||Software Architecture|
|Open Source System (OSS)||Projects|
MSc IT Distance Education in India
Distance MSc IT degree course is a very demanding career option and its scope is increasing day by day in India. Students have a great career opportunity to study for an MSc IT professional degree program and make their career in India’s top IT industry. Several reputed and popular top universities and colleges provide this course in distance mode. Candidates must qualify for the Bachelor’s degree in BSC IT or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks for enrolling in the MSc IT Distance Education degree program.
MSc IT Distance Education Top Colleges in India
In India, many universities offer MSc IT programs that can be taken online. Students can apply for admission if they have a bachelor’s degree in computer or mathematics or equivalent with at least 45–55% marks from a recognized university. Several universities from all over India offer this master’s program in distance mode. The course fee and application fee may vary according to the university. Some of the most reputable and best universities offering MSc IT Distance Education courses in India are listed below:
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)
- Amity University
- Sikkim Manipal University (SMU)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Osmania University (CDE)
- Bharathidasan University (CDE)
- Madurai Kamaraj University (DDE)
- Annamalai University (DDE)
- University of Mumbai (IDOL)
- University of Madras (IDE)
MSc IT Distance Education Madras University
The fresh registration is now open for MSc IT Distance Education admission 2023 for session 2023-24 at Madras University. Students can apply at the official website of the University. The last date for submission of registration is 30 September 2023. Students can check all details on the website and check the latest information for a course, such as Eligibility Criteria, fees, Admission process, Last Date, and many more.
Madras University offers a Master of Science in Information and Technology distance education program. Admission for the new academic session is going on. Candidates looking for admission to this two years duration master’s program must pass BSc in IT/ BCA/ BSc Computer Science or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized University in India. The application form for this distance education program is available on Madras University’s official website.
MU IDOL MSc IT Admission
The university is in Mumbai, which is in Maharashtra, India. Students can sign up for this university’s MSc IT program through distance learning by going to its official website. To get into Mumbai University IDOL, you need a BSc IT degree or something similar. Master of Science in Information Technology programs at this university cost between INR 12,000 and INR 25,000 per year.
IDEUNOM MSc IT Admission
Madras University’s distance education programs include UG, PG, Diploma, and PG Diploma courses. But based on your request, we only give information about the MSc IT Correspondence course.
Eligibility: Madras University’s distance MSc IT program is open to anyone with a bachelor’s degree in information technology, mathematics, statistics, etc., as their primary or allied subject.
Fee: Madra University charges between INR 30,450 to INR 30,850 for an MSc IT course that can be taken by distance.
LPU MSc IT Distance Education
It is a private university that is part of UGC and offers courses in distance mode. The university provides MSc information technology courses in distance mode for very reasonable prices. More details are given below:
- The fee to apply for an MSc IT program is INR 500.
- The tuition fee for this master’s degree program at LPU costs INR 12,000 per semester.
- The fee for each semester’s exam is INR 1,500.
- LPU charges INR 1,000 per semester for study materials.
Scope of MSc IT Distance Education in India
Several private and government organizations hire people with a Correspondence MSc IT degree and pay them a fair wage based on their level of expertise. MSc IT Distance Education is valid for any type of Government and Private jobs in the IT field. Students who have completed their MSc IT have good career options. Here are a few of the most common job titles or profiles for people with an MSc in IT.
|Project Manager||Web design specialist||System Manager|
|System Analyst||Computer Science Instructure||Information Security Specialist|
|Quality assurance specialist||Programmer||Database Programmer/Designer|
Job Options after MSc IT Distance Education
Students with an MSc in IT Distance Education degree can look for employment in various fields or go for higher study. With an MSc Information technology distance learning degree, a person can work in IT as a Software Developer, IT analyst, Maintenance Engineer, or Application programmer, among other jobs.
Students can also work in teaching, banking, or data analysis. They can apply for a wide range of jobs with the government. Some of the most popular MSc IT jobs are listed in the table below.
|IT Analyst||Maintenance Engineer||Technical Operations Analyst|
|Software Developer||Voice Team Leader-Technical||Network Planning Manager|
|Application Programmer||Software Engineer||Testing Engineer|
Salary After MSc IT Distance Education
In India, the M.Sc. IT distance education salary is based on industry standards and changes with the marketing trends. In general, the salary for professionals with a Distance M.Sc. in IT ranges from 4 LPAs to 8 Lakhs per year, and it goes up with experience and industry standards. The average salary for someone with an M.Sc. in IT is about INR 3 LPA.
The table below shows how much MSc IT Distance Education graduates in India get paid.
|Jobs||Salary Per Annum (in INR)|
|Application Programmer||4 – 5 LPA|
|Network Planning Manager||4 – 4.5 LPA|
|Testing Engineer||3.5 – 4 LPA|
|IT Analyst||3.5 – 5 LPA|
|Software Developer||3 – 4 LPA|
|Maintenance Engineer||2.5 – 3 LPA|
|Software Engineer||4 – 5 LPA|
|Technical Operations Analyst||3 – 3.5 LPA|
|Voice Team Leader-Technical||4 – 4.5 LPA|
MSc IT Distance Education FAQs
Q1- Is an MSc from distance education possible?
Ans Yes, for sure, an MSc can be pursued via distance education. There are considerable universities that are currently providing admission to this course, such as Sikkim Manipal University, Osmania University, etc.
Q2- Is MSc IT Distance Education valid for Government and private sector jobs?
Ans- Students can do the job in government and private jobs and it is a demanded postgraduate course.
Q3- Is an MSc IT distance learning degree valid for jobs in foreign countries?
Ans- Yes, students can pursue this degree to go for jobs in foreign countries from a recognized university.
Q4-Is MSc IT valid from distance education?
Ans-Yes, This course is valid for distance education & approved by UGC & DEB.
Q5-Who is eligible for MSc IT distance education?
Ans- For the MSc IT program, students must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.