MSc Physics Distance Education 2023: The MSc Physics Distance Education program offers a specialized 2-year course focused on physics. It encompasses diverse subjects like nuclear physics, quantum mechanics, and optics. To enroll, students need a minimum of 40% mark Bachelor’s degree in Physics.
The fee ranges from INR 24,700 to INR 49,000. Graduates can explore careers as physics teachers, trainers, subject matter experts, lecturers, or physics lab assistants in both government and private sectors, opening up diverse career opportunities in the field.
Many colleges and universities offer these Distance MSc courses, such as Mangalore University, Annamalai University, Nalanda Open University, IGNOU, etc. When students finish this PG degree, they can choose to pursue PhD courses. Depending on skills and experience, starting pay goes from INR 2 to 7.5 LPA.
- IGNOU opened the registration portal for MSc specializations distance learning admissions in 2023, and the last date for online application is 10 October 2023. Source
- Madras University MSc Physics distance education admission for the July 2023 session is ongoing. The admission deadline was 30 September 2023. (Click Here)
- MANUU will accept registrations for MSc correspondence courses until 26 September 2023. Source
MSc Physics Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Science in Physics|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||40%|
|Eligibility||BSc from a Recognized University or Institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 24,700 to INR 49,000|
|Top University||MPBOU, NOU, YCMOU, DR BR Ambedkar Open University|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor in Physics, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 2 LPA to INR 7.5 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Junior Research Fellow, Research Scientist, Medical Physicist, Research Associate, etc.|
MSc Physics Distance Education Admission 2023-24
The MSc Physics distance learning program takes two years and is for students who can’t go to college as usual. Students who want to learn more can choose the MSc Physics program at UGC-approved universities like MPBOU, NOU, YCMOU, DR BR Ambedkar Open University, etc.
All the above Universities are inviting students to get admission in distance MSc in Physics programs for the 2023 session. Applicants can send their applications online or offline mode before the closing date of admission.
Eligibility for MSc Physics Distance Education
Candidate must complete the minimum requirement for admission to MSc Physics Distance Education. The basic eligibility criteria are mentioned below,
- A bachelor’s degree in Physics to get admission into MSC Physics Distance Education.
- To get into M.Sc. in Physics, you must have at least 40% of the total marks on your UG mark sheets.
- This minimum percentage mark is low for international students who have finished their UG course with subjects like Chemistry and Mathematics that are related to physics.
MSc Physics Distance Education Fee
The MSc Physics program fee differs at the DEB and UGC-recognized universities that operate at state, private, and other levels. The MSc Physics ODL program has an annual fee that ranges from INR 24,700 to INR 49,000.
Benefits of M.Sc physics via Distance Learning?
How useful an MSc in Physics is for a career depends on several factors. Here are a few of them:
- By getting a master’s degree in physics, you can improve your ability to think analytically and solve mathematical problems (MSc Physics program).
- These help students understand what science is all about.
- Students with an MSc in Physics can do experiments, develop theories, do math, write technical reports, research, and gather information. It will also help you understand how computers work and how to model math.
- This course has many benefits, but one of the most important is giving you more time. Keeping track of time is hard in this world, so students can study by taking a distance course and have enough extra time.
- You will learn to analyze data, solve math problems, and explain complicated ideas.
- When they finish the MSc Physics program, candidates will have many job options in both the public and private sectors.
- The applicant can tell people about their discoveries through papers, speeches to business professionals, hypotheses, and scholarly discussions.
- After all, this is a chance to learn everything there is to know about physics, which is the basis of everything we do every day.
- Distance MSc Physics courses typically cost between INR 13,200 and INR 65,000. This price is fair and less than what regular courses cost.
- Everyone who needs money to study or do other things needs to make money, and the only way to do that is to take such distance courses.
MSc Physics Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Some colleges may use an entrance exam to choose students, but merit is the first criterion in many colleges.
- To get into the college, go to the official website.
- Filling out the online application form is how people can get in.
- Candidates must remember that the information they put on the form must be correct.
- People who need to pay application fees can do so through an online payment portal.
- Take a printout of the completed Application form and the fee receipt in case of future changes.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- An Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc Physics Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Mathematical Methods||Nuclear Physics|
|Classical Mechanics||Relativity and Cosmology|
|Quantum Mechanics||Classical Electrodynamics|
|Solid State Physics||Statistical Mechanics|
|Atomic Spectroscopy||Group Theory|
MSc Physics Distance Education Subject
During the MSc physics online course, each subject is taught to help students learn more about the subject and get ready for their future job with a Ph.D. It covers biochemistry, life sciences, statistics, engineering, microbiology, psychology, computer science, etc.
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Life Science
- Medical Technology
MSc Physics Distance Education in India
M.Sc physics distance education in India is offered by many universities. It is a two-year postgraduate program. The course is suitable for students who wish to learn more about motion, force, torque, and momentum. Their applications can be approved by universities recognized by the UGC. There are some colleges and universities that have entrance exams and accept people based on their scores.
MSc Physics Distance Education in Delhi
There are several universities and colleges that offer MSc Physics from a Distance. In this course, students can learn without having to go to classes on campus. The course lasts for two years, and you need a BSc with 50% to get in. Admission is based on the student’s merit score. When students finish the MSc Physics Distance Education course, they can get jobs with research groups like ISRO and NTPC.
MSc Physics Distance Education in Karnataka
Students who want to study Distance education MSc Physics from Karnataka can start taking admission as many colleges and universities have open admission portals. After completing the MSc Physics distance education course, students will make a career in the medical field. Many medical industries in Karnataka offer jobs to distance MSc Physics course degree holders.
M.Sc Physics Distance Education in Tamilnadu
There are a number of approved universities in Tamil Nadu that offer MSc Physics programs that can be done from a distance. To get into the program, students must have a bachelor’s degree in physics or something similar from a well-known university. The program is offered by distance learning at Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu Open University, University of Madras, as well as other popular institutions in Tamilnadu.
MSc Physics Distance Education IGNOU
Master of Science in Physics distance education admission for the July 2023 session is ongoing at IGNOU. Students seeking admission have the opportunity to apply before the admission deadline. Before applying for admission, students must meet the eligibility criteria. Students who completed their graduation in Physics and Mathematics or its equivalent from IGNOU or a recognized University are eligible to apply. The duration of this distance master program is two years, and IGNOU charges INR 14,000 per year for it.
MSc Physics Distance Education Required Skills
A distance MSc in Physics candidate should have technical, leadership, and problem-solving abilities. These talents will enhance the student’s success in the career and field they choose to pursue. The following is a list of some of the graduates’ needed skills:
- Ability To Solve Problems
- Analytical Ability
- Communication Skills
- Effective Decision-Making Skills
- Good Practical Skills
- Leadership And Management Skills
- Time Management
M.Sc Physics Distance Education Universities
Distance M.Sc Physics is a professional degree program. It takes two years to complete. Students can study this course in distance mode. These are the popular and top universities that offer M.Sc Physics Distance Education courses:-
- Delhi University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Mangalore University
- Bharathiar University
- Vidyasagar University
- Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Shivaji University
- Nalanda Open University
- Annamalai University
Scope of MSc Physics Distance Education
Students who get an MSc in Physics through distance education know everything there is to know about physics and can work in both the public and private sectors. There are openings in several government-run Scientific Research and Development Organizations, IT fields, the auto industry, and research institutes.
The BLS said physicist jobs would grow by 10% from 2012 to 2023. These professionals can also become teachers. MSc Physics students have a wide range of job opportunities with the following private organizations:
- Tech Mahindra
- Maruti Udyog
Areas of Recruitment for MSc Physics Distance Education
Many businesses and government agencies in India are looking for people with a Master of Science in Physics from a distance mode. There are many options for students who want to get a Master of Science in Physics. After finishing the program, students can work as physicists and, depending on their qualifications, earn a salary in India that is equivalent to an M.Sc. in Physics.
The following organizations recruit in the government sector:
- Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
MSc Physics Distance Education Salary
To fill government jobs for physics graduates with an MSc degree, you must pass a test and then an interview. After completing a distance MSc in Physics in India, the average salary is INR 2 to INR 7.5 LPA.
Many organizations and departments within the government provide employment opportunities through government jobs. Some of these organizations include BARC, ONGC, BHEL, NTPC, and ISRO, among others. The above-given post is a high-paying job in India that requires an MSc in Physics degree.
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the respective University’s official website for more information regarding admission.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1- Is MSc Physics valid from distance education?
Ans: Yes, MSc Physics is valid from distance education & approved by UGC & DEB.
Q2 – Is an MSc In Physics from distance mode possible in India?
Ans: Yes, MSc in Physics can be done through distance mode in India.
Q3- Can we do an MSc in Physics in distance education?
Ans: Yes, Students who can pursue an MSc in Physics in distance education who have completed their BSc in a relevant stream.
Q4- Which Open University is best for MSc Physics distance education?
Ans: Nalanda Open University is a well-known university designed for an MSc Physics Distance course.