PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education 2023: It is a postgraduate-level diploma course in nutrition and Dietetics. A four-semester system is used for this two-year program. Students who are interested can look at the requirements to see if they meet them before filling out the application form.
This Distance course also trains students to make a diet for a human meal. After this course, students can get good career opportunities such as clinical dietetics, nutrition, diet consultant, etc. The application form for the PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education is now available at the selected university website.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Latest Updates
- Admission to the distance PG Diploma courses at Madras University closes on 30 September 2003. Source
- Admission to PG Diploma courses has been going on at IGNOU; apply before the last date, September 30, 2023. Source
In this article, Students can check out all the details of Eligibility, Fee Structure, and Admission process are all mentioned in the below section.
Students who have completed their graduation from any UGC-approved university can apply for admission to the distance PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition. A minimum of 50% total marks is also required.
The average fee to pursue a PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition distance course is around INR 20,000 – INR 50,000 annually. The registration fee ranges from Rs 500 – Rs 1000. Many universities offer this course in distance mode.
The admission for the course is accepted by the university on the basis of merit and entrance exams. Explore the full article for more information regarding the procedure.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||PG Diploma|
|Full-Form of Course||Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of the PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition in Distance Education is 2 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institution|
|Average Course Fees||INR 20,000 – INR 50,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor of Dietetics & Public Nutrition, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Clinical Dietitian, Management Dietitian, Consultant Dietitian, etc.|
Is PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Worth it?
The world is facing high nutrition disorders, so a distance PGD in Dietetics Public Nutrition can be worth the best.
- Skills: Getting this PG diploma through DL mode will provide you skills of public awareness skills, nutrition management, leadership skills, food label accuracy skills, time management as well and oral skills.
- Time Flexibility: The greater flexibility of that distance course can be credited to PGD Dietetics Public Nutrition’s efficacy. Students can complete their education with this diploma program at their own pace, which is especially advantageous for individuals who are caring for dependents like young children or elderly parents.
- Fee and Cost: As compared to regular PG Diploma courses, this Distance course is cost-friendly. The average academic fee for this PG diploma starts from INR 20,000 to 50,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Getting this course through remote learning mode can make you able to do a full-time job. There is huge flexibility of time in this diploma program.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission is going on for distance PGD in Dietetics and Public Nutrition courses. Different universities have started taking applications. Interested students can apply before the last date. They can visit the university’s official website or the campus to submit the application form. So, the forms can be submitted online or offline.
The minimum eligibility to apply for PGD in Dietetics and Public Nutrition distance program is graduation from any stream. Admission into this program will be provided directly without any entrance exam.
Eligibility for PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education
- Bachelor’s Degree holders/Graduates from a recognized university are the minimum eligibility for applying to the PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education course.
- Obtained at least 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- For general category students, a minimum of 50% marks are required and for SC/ST category students a minimum of 45% marks are required.
- Students in the final year of graduation can also enroll in this course
- For admission to this PG diploma course, there is no restriction on age
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
- The candidates should fill out the application form through the online portal of the college.
- All the information provided in the application form should be correct.
- The payment for the application fee & entrance exam fee can be made through both online and offline modes.
- The confirmation notification for the admission will be sent through email or SMS to the candidate.
Documents Required for PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 & UG certificate
- D.O.B. certificate
Benefits of PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education
Nutrition and Dietetics is a field of healthcare. It is the top growing industry which gives you an understanding of the need for good food habits. Also, you will learn how to increase public awareness about proper nutritional standards and habits and improve the accuracy of food labels, like maintaining sugar levels, reducing salt intake, maintaining blood pressure, etc.
There are many nutrition courses available in India, from short-term certificates to four-year degree programs and master’s degrees. In this article, we explore the best nutrition courses in India so students can choose the one that suits their needs.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education India
A large number of renowned universities in India offer distance learning courses. Interested candidates may apply to any university of their choosing in order to pursue a degree there. Candidates might advance in their jobs by enrolling in a PG Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics course at a distance. Before applying for admission to the PG Diploma distance learning course, students must review the University’s pricing information, eligibility requirements, and admissions process.
PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education in Delhi
There are a number of Interested Candidates who want to take admission to the PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics distance learning colleges in Delhi. Many Colleges and Universities provide diploma Courses in Delhi but Students must check all the requirements of the College and choose the College of their Choice in Order to take admission.
PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education in Mumbai
In Mumbai, Many Colleges Provide PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Learning Courses. This Course 2-year diploma Level Course and those students who completed their Graduation from a Recognized University are eligible for this course. Interested Candidates must check the reputation of the College before taking admission and can check fees and other admission-related details.
PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education in Chennai
Students can apply for admission to PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Learning at a number of Institutions and Universities. The majority of Universities accept online applications for enrollment in PG Diploma courses. The qualifying requirements and cost for the PG Diploma Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Learning Course are listed above in the article for interested students to review. The cost varies by the universities and colleges.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Scope
The PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Online Education program has tremendous value. The course provides a wide range of potential careers in businesses, industries, and many other areas of the world. With a very good starting income of 5 LPA, the student considering studying and completing a PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition program can pursue a job in the medical industry.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Career Prospects
A degree holder can look for work in a variety of areas, including universities, research centers, businesses, hospitals, both public and private, cafeterias at work, maternity wards, government health departments, athletic training facilities, etc.
After completing the PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition, candidates can work in clinical dietetics, nutrition, and diet consulting in health resorts, fitness centers, gyms, administrative dietitians, academia, and research after earning this degree.
Once you’ve attained professional status in this field, you can work in public health clinics, home health agencies, and health maintenance organizations.
Being a professional, you can also open your own hospital, laboratory, or healthcare facility in a specific field.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Salary
The starting salary for candidates pursuing the PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education is expected to be between INR 2.5 and 6.5 LPA. Student employment in this field is one of the most exclusive options available today. Candidates can earn a decent income in this industry after gaining experience.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Job Prospects
- PG Diploma graduates in Dietetics and Public Nutrition Distance Education can choose from a variety of careers.
- They frequently find employment in places like public and private hospitals, clinics, food catering services, restaurants, schools and colleges, sports, and health clubs, research and development centers, mass media, etc.
- Graduates frequently find employment as clinical dietitians, management dietitians, consultants, community dietitians, nutrition research scientists, product managers, nutrition sales executives, and trainee nutrition sales executives, among other positions.
- They can also conduct relevant research or serve as professors in educational institutions in addition to this.
The following table provides a list of some of the job roles and their descriptions.
|Job Role||Job Description|
|Clinical Dietitian||Design short-term and long-term nutrition plans to improve the health of patients.|
|Management Dietitian||Plan food programs and work in the food service sector such as in cafeterias, hospitals, etc. They may also be responsible for carrying out tasks such as budgeting.|
|Consultant Dietitian||Works under contract with health care facilities or in their own private practice|
|Nutrition Research Scientist||Use scientific methods to specify accurate nutrition information to print on the labels of different food products.|
|Product Manager||Advertising and marketing a product to ensure good sales. They also oversee the demand for the product and identify threats in advance.|
|Community Dietitian||Develop nutritional programs for medical patients for the treatment or prevention of diseases.|
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education Colleges
Various universities and colleges offer post-graduation in dietetics and public nutrition distance education courses in India. And the registration form for this course starts at Several Universities for sessions 2023-24. Those who find they are eligible to take admission for the course can simply read this article and know whether they can apply or not. Below we have shared some of the university’s names.
- Amity University, Noida.
- Jaipur National University.
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University.
- Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
- Maharaja Ganga Singh University.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education IGNOU
IGNOU offers postgraduate diploma programs in dietetics and public nutrition to students from all over India. To apply for admission, candidates must have graduated from a recognized Indian university with at least 50% marks. In IGNOU, there are no age restrictions for applying to the PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Nutrition program.
Skills Required for PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education graduates need to have a lot of hard and soft skills to do well in their jobs. The classroom may not always be able to teach these things. You learn these skills as you go. Students should always try to get out of their comfort zones and get as much knowledge as they can. Here are some of these skills:
- Skills for analyzing numbers
- How to do research
- Skills for analyzing
- Being able to work well under stress
- Interpersonal Skills
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition Distance Education FAQ
Ques: What is a diploma in food and beverage service?
Ans: A diploma in the beverage & food industry focuses on the sectors of the hospitality industry that provide food services, including hotels, restaurants, kitchens, bars, cafes, and canteens, among others.
Ques: What is the duration of the PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics online course in India?
Ans: The Duration of the postgraduate diploma in nutrition and dietetics distance learning in India is one Year.
Ques: What is the scope of the PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics online course?
Ans: Numerous options will be available after completing the PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Nutrition, such as Food Scientist, Clinical Dietician, Sports Dietician, Administrative Nutritionist, and many others.