PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management Distance Education Admission 2023: It’s a PG diploma course that takes a year. The institution gives a maximum of three years to finish the course. This course covers all aspects of the safety and quality of food products required for consumption. After completing the course, students can use standard microbiological and chemical analysis of Food Products.
Anyone who is interested in applying for the PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management program can apply for session 2023. The average fee for the program starts from Rs 13,000/- and goes up to Rs 25,000/- per year. In order to get admission, students must have a bachelor’s level degree from a well-known UGC-approved university.
- IGNOU invites application forms for the PGD in Food & Quality Management program for the academic year session 2023-24, and the last date to apply is 10 September 2023. Source
PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management DDE Highlights
|Type of Course||PG Diploma|
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Diploma in Food Safety & Quality Management|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Science Graduate from a Recognized University or Institution|
|Average Fee||INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options||Bachelor of Food Security and Quality Management, Master of Food Security and Quality Management, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Quality Control Officer, Food Safety Officer, etc.|
PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management Distance Education Admission 2023
PG Diploma in Food Safety Quality Management distance education course admission has begun in various colleges/institutions and respected universities. The one-year program admission started for the 2023 sessions in private, state, and other distance universities.
Candidates who have completed the minimum criteria of passing the diploma or degree level examinations can apply for admission to the course until 30 September 2023 to any of the available universities, such as Avadh Institute of Management and Science, Indira Gandhi National Open University, and so on.
- Graduation in chemistry/biochemistry or microbiology or a degree in allied sciences such as food science, post-harvest technology, biotechnology, dairy technology, agriculture, fisheries, etc., are used for admission.
- The application form fee for the PG Diploma in Food Safety Quality Management differs from INR 200 to INR 1,200 in private, central, and state universities.
- Admission is mostly offered on qualifying exam performance rather than entrance test.
- Once admission is confirmed, students can take advantage of E-Learning materials around the clock that are too free of cost.
Eligibility for PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management Distance Education
The following are the minimum requirements for getting into the PG diploma in food safety and quality management course:
- Students must meet the requirements set by the university or college to get into this program.
- It is open to people with a Bachelor’s degree in science from a recognized university or college.
- Admission is based on merit or entrance exams that are similar to merit.
PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management Distance Education
The fee Structure of this diploma Course depends upon the Colleges and Universities. PG diploma in food safety and quality management Course fee ranges from INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per year. Students can get the fee details of the diploma course from the University website.
PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management Distance Education IGNOU
Candidates looking for Post Graduation Diploma admission can apply at IGNOU. Indira Gandhi National Open University opens its admission window twice yearly (January & July) for the PGD FSQM program. The duration of this post-education program at IGNOU is a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years.
The program is available in English medium, and there is no specific age to complete it. To apply for admission at IGNOU, candidates must complete education in a related stream from a recognized university. IGNOU charges INR 14,400 for the distance PGD Food Safety & Quality Management program.
IGNOU food safety and quality management admission 2023: IGNOU offers PG Diploma in Food Safety & Quality Management (PGDFSQM) and MSc in Food Safety & Quality Management (MSCFSQM) in distance mode. Admission is going on for the PGDFSQM program for the July 2023 session. The last date for submission of application form is 10 September 2023. Those students who want to take admission must visit the official portal of IGNOU. They can apply for the Food Safety & Quality Management distance course before closing the admission.
PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management DDE Admission Process 2023
For one who will be admitted to any university, the admission process will be the same. By following the given admission process for PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management course, candidates are able to conclude the admission process.
- To apply for admission, go to the respective university’s official website.
- Candidates need to fill out an online application form.
- Applicants need to fill in all the correct details.
- Payment should be made through credit/Debit cards for the application fee & entrance exam fee.
- If a candidate can also make cash payments through bank e-challan.
- The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration.
Documents Required for Admission to PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management DDE
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 & UG certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management DDE Syllabus
|Subjects of Study|
|Food Safety Basics||Microbiological Safety of Foods Lab|
|Microbiological Safety of Foods||Chemical Safety of Foods Lab|
|Analytical Quality Assurance in Food Laboratories||Food Safety And Standards Act 2006|
|Chemical Safety of Foods||Food Safety Regulation|
|Food Standards And Quality Control||Food Safety in Manufacturing Sector|
|Food Toxicology||Food Safety in the Retail Sector|
|Food Standards And Quality Control Lab||Food Safety in Catering Sector|
|Analytical Quality Assurance in Food Laboratories Lab||Food Safety Auditing|
|Food Safety Auditing Lab|
PG Diploma in food safety and quality management Distance Education in India
Various universities/colleges offer PG Diploma in Food and Quality Management programme in distance mode in India. Candidates who want to pursue this course in distance learning mode should have passed an undergraduate-level degree or Diploma in a relevant specialization. A student can pursue this postgraduate level diploma in India by paying an average fee charges of Rs 12,000 to Rs 25,000 per annum
Interested applicants may submit an application to the college or university of their choice. Before applying for admission, they must research the Institute’s reputation. After finishing the PG Diploma program, students have a wide range of job opportunities.
P.G Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management in Kerala
Kerala-based universities and colleges that provide distance learning PG Diploma in food safety and management programs. Before applying for admission to any college or university, interested candidates should research the college and Check the reputation of that College. Candidates can take distance learning courses from numerous Popular Universities. They must locate them and enroll in the program of their choice.
P.G Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management in Tamilnadu
In the state of Tamilnadu, some colleges and universities provide courses in food safety and quality management. After thoroughly researching the college of their choosing, interested applicants can check it out and apply for admission. They can enquire about the requirements for admission and the college’s admissions process for students. Entrance exams or merit-based admission are the two main methods used by universities and colleges.
Objectives of PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management Distance Education
Training experts in the design, implementation, and auditing of food safety and quality management systems is the main objective of the program. It aims to improve food product competitiveness and build India’s capacity to satisfy international food safety and quality standards. The students in this PG program will be able to:
- Understand the concerns about quality and safety in food production, handling, processing, and commerce.
- Develop technical expertise in food safety and quality assurance throughout the food processing chain, from farm to fork.
- Assure the legal requirements for food safety and quality, including any necessary export laws and voluntary standards.
- Design and carry out
- Suitable Hygiene Procedures (GHP)
- Optimum manufacturing procedures (GMP)
- Critical control point analysis and risk assessment (HACCP)
- Systems of Quality Management (QMS): ISO 9001
- Systems for managing the food safety of ISO 22000
- ISO 17025: Laboratory Management System
- Retail Guidelines
- Being able to plan, conduct, report, and audit successfully under ISO 19011:2002’s
- Requirements Analyze food products using standard microbiological and chemical methods.
- The food processing/hospitality industry and retail outlets use good manufacturing, laboratory, transportation, and retail practices.
PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management Distance Education Benefits
Students will learn how to provide the safest food to consumers through a PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management program. The course covers food safety and quality management. During this course, students will learn about the food supply chain and how to design and implement a quality and safety management system.
Job Opportunities for PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management DDE
After obtaining a graduate degree in PG Diploma in food safety & quality management, distance education will have many work opportunities. Below is a list of a few career opportunities.
- The food, hospitality, retail, and laboratory industries, laboratories, quality control officers, and food safety officers, as well as regulatory agencies.
- Food auditors work for organizations that provide certification and inspection services.
- Food Safety and Quality Management Systems Trainer/Counselor,
- Professional in food certification and auditing for Food Safety & Quality Management Systems (FSQMS).
Scope after PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management DDE
Students who have completed the PGD in Food Safety and Quality Management Distance Education course from an approved university. The scope of this program is very good; students can do jobs in the government and private sectors. Below, we have mentioned the Job Roles and Employment Organizations.
|Employment Organizations||Job Roles|
|Britannia Industries Ltd.||Quality Assurance Executives|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd.||Quality Control Executives|
|Kohinoor Foods Ltd. (Satnam Overseas Ltd.)||Quality Managers|
|LT Foods Ltd. (Daawat)||Food Consultants|
|McCain Foods India Pvt. Ltd.||Food Journalism|
|Mondelez India Foods Pvt. Ltd. (Cadbury)|
List of PG Diplomas
Q: What is the scope of the PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management?
Ans: Students can become food Auditors, Trainers, and Auditing Professionals in Food Safety and quality Management Systems.
Q: What is the duration of PGD in the Food Safety & Quality Management program?
Ans: The duration of the PGD in the Food Safety & Quality Management program is one year.
Q: Is there any age limit to apply for the PGD in Food Safety & Quality Management?
Ans: If candidates fill the eligibility criteria, there is no specific age limit to apply for PGD in the Food Safety & Quality Management program.