BA Sociology Distance Education: A Bachelor of Arts in Sociology is offered at the undergraduate level as a distance learning program. This three-year degree covers social contact, culture, social inequality, and social connections, among other topics. As a student in the BA Sociology program, you will be immersed in the study of society. As part of the course, students will be introduced to a variety of topics related to social life, such as the spiritual nature of both men and women and the boundaries that exist between social classes at the present time.
- Calicut University is inviting applications for BA Sociology distance education, and the extended last date is 16 September 2023. Source
- IGNOU is accepting admission for the BA Sociology distance education course for the July cycle, the deadline to apply is 10 September 2023. Source
- Students can apply for BA Sociology distance education admission at Tamil Nadu Open University until the expected deadline of 30 September 2023. Source
- The last date to submit an online application for admission to BA Sociology through distance education for the 2023 session at ANUCDE was 15 September 2023. Source
- Pondicherry University closed its admission 2023-24 window for the distance BA Sociology program on 30 September 2023. Source
The fundamental criteria for admission to BA Sociology Distance Education are listed below, and they are followed at various institutions around the country.
- For BA Sociology Distance Education, applicants must have finished their XII class exams.
- In order to apply for BA Sociology admission in various institutions and universities in India, candidates must have a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
An average of INR 15,000 to INR 25,000 is the annual tuition fee for BA Sociology Distance.
Admission to the BA Sociology program is based on the student’s performance in the 10+2 examination or the performance in the college/entrance university’s test.
BA Sociology Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Arts in Sociology|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||Rs.15,000 to Rs. 25,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||BA (Economics), BA (History), etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||Rs.1 lakh|
|Employment Roles||Sociologist, Public Relations Officer, Social Worker, etc.|
BA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission has started for the academic year 2023-24 at many popular universities. BA Sociology in distance education mode is a three-year undergraduate degree program, that is taught with various core and elective topics such as applied sociology, crime & delinquency, cultural sociology, etc. The admission process for the BA Sociology program opens in several highly popular UGC-approved universities like IGNOU, Kerala University, Annamalai University, Jain University, and many more.
The BA Sociology distance course admission application form is in process for the July session 2023 at Calicut University. The deadline for admission form submission is 16 September 2023. The study of a BA Sociology course makes students fundamentally strong for advanced study or entry into the professional world.
Eligibility for BA Sociology Distance Education
The applicants should satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned below for admission to the BA Sociology distance education program.
- Passed senior secondary school examination or 12th or equivalent with sociology or relevant subject from a recognized board.
- The minimum marks/scores to obtain in the passing exam are found from 35 to 45 percent.
BA Sociology Distance Education Fee
All those candidates who are admitted to the BA Sociology distance or ODL program need to pay an annual fee that ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 25,000.
BA Sociology Distance Education Advantages
- BA Sociology Distance Education is nowadays one of the most preferred courses for lots of students.
- Students get to work in social welfare organizations, NGOs, or as a sociologist.
- After completing this course, the students can get jobs in various profiles, including human resource managers.
- The jobs after completing this course can provide you with excellent packages like 7-10 Lakh per year.
- Students interested in studying further can go for PG courses like MA/MS and then Ph.D. degrees in business
BA Sociology Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the college/university.
- Candidates need to fill in all the information correctly.
- Pay the application form fee and click the submit button.
- After completing this application form and fee, the payment applicant gets a notification of the completion of the application procedure.
Basic Requirements of Documents for BA Sociology Distance Education Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
BA Sociology Distance Education in Calicut University
Calicut University applications are going on for the BA Sociology program in distance mode. Calicut University provides various BA Sociology distance education programs to students. Those who want to take admission to distance courses can check all the details at the official portal of the University. Students can apply for registration before the deadline of 16 September 2023.
BA Sociology Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus of BA Sociology DDE is specially designed so that interested students will solve every problem that appears in front of them as a challenge. Bachelor of Arts in Sociology DDE includes a number of compulsory subjects.
Along with that, the students will also have to choose from a number of elective subjects. The elective subjects may differ from college to college. The BA Sociology DDE syllabus is listed below:
|Module 1: Introducing Sociology||Module 9: Social Institutions II|
|Module 2: Introducing India||Module 10: Social Theory II|
|Module 3: Classical Sociological Thinkers I||Module 11: Research Method I|
|Module 4: Social Interaction and Social Relationships||Module 12: Social Stratification|
|Module 5: Classical Sociological Thinkers II||Module 13: Research Method II|
|Module 6: Body, Culture, and Cultural Contestations||Module 14: Social Challenges and Movements|
|Module 7: Social Institutions I||Module 15: Change, Development, Globalization|
|Module 8: Social Theory I||Module 16: Dissertation|
|Sociology of Development||Sociology of Indian Society|
|Principles of Sociology||Social Psychology|
|Economic Sociology||Political Sociology|
|Sociology of Education||Sociology of Mass Communication|
|Social Anthropology||Life Skill Education|
|Women Studies||Sociology of Mass Media|
BA Sociology Distance Education Required Skills
In order to successfully complete the undergraduate course, candidates who intend to enroll in the BA Sociology program must possess the competencies listed above. Additionally, these abilities are necessary for building a successful profession after graduation. The following are some crucial abilities needed to enroll in a BA Sociology course:
BA in Sociology aspirants should possess critical, analytical skills and work, empathy, effective communication, policy management, and decision-making skills. Skills that make you suitable for a BA in Sociology graduate:
|Skills Required for BA Sociology Course|
|Good Communication Skills||Problem-Solving Skills|
|Management Skills||Analytical Skills|
|Goal-oriented||Ability to Work Under Pressure|
|Organization Skills||Interpersonal Skills|
|Strong Work Ethics|
BA Sociology Distance Education Job Prospects and Career Options
Students are worried about jobs while pursuing the BA Sociology Distance Education. After completing this course, candidates can get many job opportunities with highly offered salary packages of about One Lakh (average). The jobs are community organizers, public policy researchers, social researchers, public relations workers, administrators, caseworkers, paralegals, and data analysts.
Some of the most wanted career profiles for BA Sociology Distance Education students are mentioned here, along with the corresponding job descriptions.
|Job Profile||Job Description|
|Social Worker||A social worker attends to a person’s and their family’s numerous needs. They strive to bring about social improvements and work for the welfare of people.|
|Counselor||An individual’s mind is invaded by a counselor who investigates feelings and emotions. He/she gives patients the required instructions so they can live better lives.|
|Journalist||Articles that are published in newspapers, periodicals, and journals are written and edited by journalists. Through their words, they hope to grab readers’ attention.|
|Sociologist||Sociologists investigate social communities, groups, and civilizations in order to better understand social behavior. Additionally, they research the various facets of mankind and how they interact with society.|
|Content Writer||A content writer is someone who organizes their writing to attract as much traffic as possible. They ensure that the content produced for their clients is pertinent to the needs of the audience.|
|Public Relations Officer||Public relations professionals are in charge of upholding the company’s positive reputation. They accomplish this by running campaigns and engaging in many other PR efforts.|
BA Sociology College in India
There are a lot of Universities and Colleges that provide BA Sociology courses in distance education mode in India. We provide you with a list of some top colleges below:
- Kristu Jayanta College, Banglore
- Mount Karmel College, Banglore
- Christ University, Banglore
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Loyola College, Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College Mumbai
BA Sociology Distance Education IGNOU
IGNOU offers a BA program in various specializations, and BA Sociology is one of them. A large number of students from all over India apply for admission at IGNOU for the distance BA Sociology program. IGNOU will soon start the admission for the new session. Candidates looking for admission at IGNOU for the BA Sociology program must pass 12th with at least 50% marks from a recognized board in India. IGNOU charges INR 3,800 for distance BA Sociology program.