Madras University Distance Education: Madras University Distance Education (DDE) has commenced admissions for the academic year 2023-24. Interested candidates can apply online for various Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG), and Diploma programs in distance learning mode. The programs offered include BSc, BSc, BA, MBA, M.Com, and MSc. The application process is open until 30 September 2023. To apply and get accurate admission dates, students are advised to visit the website of IDE UNOM at www.ideunom.ac.in.
IDEUNOM Latest Updates
- Madras University distance education admission 2023 last date has been extended to 30 September 2023. Source
- BEd Registration is live for the academic session 2023 at IDEUNOM. The Last date to apply is 30 September 2023. Source
- Madras University Distance Education MCA admission 2023 has been started on 01 August 2023 Source
- Madras University distance education UG exam time table 2023 has been released and examinations for all the UG courses will be conducted by the university from 23 September 2023. Source
- IDEUNOM conduct examinations for all the PG courses from 23 September 2023. Click here to check the schedule
- Examinations for all the MBA distance education degree courses will conducted by the university from 23 September 2023. Candidates can check the examination centers list from here
The average academic fees for UG programs range from INR 6600 to 10,000, while PG courses cost between INR 19000 to 24500. The selection process depends on the applicant’s performance in their previous education, and some programs may require entrance exam scores.
For the academic year session 2023-24, Madras University distance education admission’s last date is 30 September 2023.
Eligibility criteria for each course can be found on the Madras University DDE website. Here are the eligibility requirements for some popular courses:
Undergraduate and PG courses:
- BA Program: Candidates must have completed their 10+2 education with science stream subjects.
- BSc Program: Admission to this program requires completing class 12th education with at least 50% marks aggregate.
- MSc: Aspirants should have a BSc or equivalent degree to be eligible for the MSc program at UNOM.
IDE UNOM Admission 2023 Overview
|University Name||University of Madras|
|Approved By||UGC (University Grants Commission)|
|Offered Courses||UG, PG, Diploma & Certificate courses|
|Admission Process||Online and Offline|
|Selection Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Approved For admission Abroad||Yes (MHRD)|
Madras University Distance Education Key Points
Madras University Distance Education contains the following key points.
- The application fee for the offline and online forms is not the same. There is a fee of INR 224 for the offline application form and a fee of INR 236 for the online application form.
- BCom/ BA/ BBA/ BCA/ BFA Music first-year admission will be available for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with the following pattern: 10+2.
- Admission to MA/MFA/MCA/MSC programs will be granted to candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or stream from a UGC-accredited institution.
Madras University Distance Education Admission 2023
Madras University distance education admission 2023 last date for all the degree, diploma, and certificate courses has been extended from 15 September 2023 to 30 September 2023.
The courses are divided into Science, Humanities, Management, and others. BA, BSc, BBA and BCA require a 10+2 diploma from a recognized board. Students who pass the entrance test are selected for admission to the university.
Students have the liberty to offer any Diploma, PG Diploma, and Certificate courses from the Institute of Distance Education program. Candidates can complete such courses part-time or full-time. There are many specializations in these courses like Management, Computer Application, Tourism & Travel Management, Cyber Law & Information Technology, and many more.
Madras University Distance Education UG Admission
IDEUNOM offered three undergraduate (UG) programs for both academic and calendar year cycles of admission. At UG level university offered BA, BSc, BBA, BCA, BCom, and BFA courses in various specializations under distance learning mode. A candidate can apply for admission to these courses after completion of the 12th or equivalent qualification.
The Madras University correspondence UG courses are divided into two semesters per year. The academic year stream of the university is scheduled from July to December and January to June, whereas the calendar year stream is scheduled from January to June and July to December.
The selection of candidates for Madras University UG distance education courses is completely based on their previous qualifications.
|BA Tamil Distance Education||BFA Music Distance Education|
|BA Literature ODL||BBA Distance Education|
|BA French ODL||BCA Distance Learning|
|BA English Distance Learning||BCom Distance Education|
|BA Economics Distance Education||BCom Bank Management Distance Learning|
|BA Historical Studies Distance Education||BSc Geography Distance Learning|
|BA Sociology Distance Learning||BSc Psychology Distance Education|
|BA Public Admisnistration ODL||BSc Mathematics Distance Learning|
|BA Criminology and Public Administration ODL||–|
Students have the option of choosing from a variety of specialization courses during their academic journey.
BA: Madras University Distance Education offers bachelor of art courses with a 3 to 6 years duration. BA Criminology & Police Administration, BA Economics, BA English, BA French, BA Historical Studies, BA Sociology, and so on are the best programs at this university. BA fee is Rs 6400 per year for Madras University.
BCom: Bachelor of Commerce is a UG level 3 years to 6 years. B.Com Corporate Secretaryship, B.Com Bank Management, and B.Com Computer Applications are the top specializations in distance mode at madras university. The approx fee is Rs 7300 for BCom at Madras University IDE.
BSc: Bachelor of Science at Madras University is available in distance learning mode. Specializations like Psychology, Mathematics, Geography, & more are offered for distance BSc courses. The selection will take place based on the marks in the 10+2 science passing certificate.
Madras University Distance Education PG Admission
Students can choose a course at the Postgraduation level. Distance learning at Madras University offers PG courses like MA, MBA, M.Com, MFA, and MCA of two years duration. It is mandatory for every student to have a Bachelor’s degree in their subject of interest. The university accepts CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT scores for MBA admission.
For Madras University Distance Education Admission to PG courses, candidates will have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the university. The university offers PG courses in different subjects, which are given below in the article. During their educational journey, students can choose from a variety of specialization courses.
MBA: MBA is a PG-level course with a minimum of 2 years with 4 semesters. Students must have their UG degree in any stream related to Arts/Commerce/Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law and can easily apply for this course. Apart from that, students also have to pass an entrance conducted by IDE. The registration fee is Rs 1000/-, and the total tuition fee is Rs 10,000/- for Madras University MBA correspondence admission 2023.
MSC: Madras University offers MSc courses along with many specializations. MSc Psychology, MSc Cyber Forensics & Information Security. MSc Geography, MSc IT, MSc Mathematics, etc. All MSc courses’ duration is 2 to 4 years.
MA: Masters of Arts is a PG level course with 2 years of duration which is available at Madras University Distance Education. Those students who wish to apply to these courses must have passed a UG degree in the relevant stream. Students can easily enroll in this course by visiting the official website of DDE Madras University.
Madras University Distance Education Diploma Admission
In addition to UG and PG programs, Madras University’s Institute of Distance Education also offers a number of diploma courses. Most of the diploma courses are one year long, and students are chosen based on their performance. The process of getting into an institution is easy. Applicants only need to fill out an application form and send it online or in person to the institution. They have to wait to see what will happen next with their pick.
|List of Diploma Programs at Madras University|
|Diploma in Accounting and Finance||Diploma in Police Administration|
|Diploma in Functional Arabic||Diploma in School Management|
|Diploma in Information Security and Cyber Law||Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management|
|Diploma in Labour Law||Diploma in Taxation|
|Diploma in Management||Diploma in Yoga|
|Diploma in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences|
Madras University Distance Education Eligibility
- To be eligible for UG courses, students must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized school.
- The university selects candidates through an entrance exam+Merit basis.
- Candidates for PG courses must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Applications can be submitted Offline & Online.
Madras University Distance Education Application Form 2023
University of Madras distance education, people who want to take any of the above studies can apply online or in person. Students must go to the university’s main website to sign up for courses. The admission process is ongoing for session 2023-24, candidates can apply till 30 September 2023 for BEd.
COST OF PROSPECTUS WITH APPLICATION FORM: In-Person: INR 224/- by cash (including GST) Through the official website. [The Cost of Online Application Form INR 236/- (including GST) If downloaded through the website.]
- UG Admission Application Form. Click Here
- PG Admission Application Form. Click Here
- MBA Admission Application Form. Click Here
- Certificate & Diploma Admission Application Form. Click Here
Madras University Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Madras University Correspondence Admission 2023: Online Process
- Applicants should go to Madras University’s DDE website- http://www.ideunom.ac.in/.
- Candidates have to register themselves through the admission portal.
- Click on the desired course and fill out the application form with all the correct details.
- In the end, candidates need to submit the application form with the necessary documents and pay the application fees for online mode through Net Banking or via Debit/Credit Card.
Madras University Correspondence Admission 2023: Offline Process
- Candidates can get their application forms on the college campus. The application fee is INR 224/-.
- The candidate should fill out the application form with utmost care and provide all personal academic details.
- Before the submission of the application, form candidates have to attach all the essential documents.
Madras University Distance Education Online Application form 2023 Process
- Login with the registration credentials.
- Select course and stream to which you want to get admitted.
- Start the process of filling out the details in application form.
- Make sure all the fields are filled correctly.
- Attach the scanned copy of required documents such as academic certificates, photo, signature, etc.
- Now click on the “Save & Preview” button. Check all the credentials filled by you in the application form and correct them if required.
- Now tap on the “Submit” button to submit the application from.
- Select the “Pay now” option to pay the application form fee charges. Candidates can make online fee payment by credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Once the payment is done, applicants will receive an acknowledgement with provisional registration number which is provided by the university.
Documents Required for University of Madras Distance Education
- Candidates have to bring a mark sheet of 10+2 level, graduation, and master’s.
- The students of other universities need to show their Migration Certificate.
- SC/ST and OBC candidates will have to show a caste certificate during the time of admission.
- Never forget to bring your ID proof and photographs.
Students from all over the country are enrolling for admission in the distance mode of the university to complete their desired courses. Students have the opportunity to increase their knowledge at the highest level after getting an education at this university.
Madras University Distance Education Courses List
|UG Programme||PG Programme|
|BA Criminology & Police Administration||MA Sociology|
|BA Economics||MA Applied Saiva Siddhantha|
|BA English||MA Christian Studies|
|BA French||MA Economics|
|BA Historical Studies||MA English|
|BA Public Administration||MA Historical Studies|
|BA Sociology||MA Human Rights and Duties Education|
|BA Tamil||MA Journalism|
|BBA Business Administration||MA Political Science|
|BCA Computer Applications||MA Public Administration|
|BCom Computer Applications||MA Sanskrit|
|BCom Bank Management||Master of Computer Application|
|BCom Commerce||MBA Finacial Management|
|BCom Corporate Secretaryship||MBA Hospital Management|
|BFA Music||MBA HR Management|
|BA Tamil Literature||MBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management|
|BSc Geography||MBA Marketing Management|
|BSc Mathematics||MBA Systems Management|
|BSc Psychology||MCom Commerce|
|–||MSc Counselling Psychology|
|–||MSc Cyber Forensics & Information Security|
|–||MSc Information Technology (IT)|
|Certificate Programme||Diploma Programme|
|Certificate Course in Accounting And Auditing||Diploma Course in Yoga|
|Certificate Course in Computer Applications||Diploma Course in Logistics And Supply Chain Management|
|Certificate Course in Corporate Social Responsibility||Diploma Course in Marketing Management|
|Certificate Course in E-Commerce||Diploma Course in School Management|
|Certificate Course in Indian Christianity||Diploma Course in Systems Management|
|Certificate Course in Karnatic Music||Diploma Course in Taxation|
|Certificate Course in Library And Information Science||Diploma Course In Taxation, Finance And Investment|
|Certificate Course Management||Diploma Course in Teaching Methodology In Music|
|Certificate Course in Naturopathy And Yogic Science||Diploma Course in Tourism & Travel Management|
|Certificate Course in Online Teaching||Diploma Course in Accounting And Finance|
|Certificate Course in Police Administration||Diploma Course in Financial Management|
|Certificate Course in Research Methods Of Social Sciences||Diploma Course in Functional Arabic|
|Certificate Course in Scriptures And Interpretation||Diploma Course in Hospital Management|
|Certificate Course in Spoken Tamil||Diploma Course in Hotel Management|
|Certificate Course in Taxation||Diploma Course in Human Resource Management|
|Certificate Course in Voice Training||Diploma Course in Intellectual Property Rights|
|Certificate Course in Written Tamil||Diploma Course in Labour Law|
|–||Diploma Course in Management|
|–||Diploma Course in Police Administration|
|–||Diploma in Information Security And Cyber Law|
|–||Diploma in Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences|
Madras University Distance Education Fee Structure 2023
|Course Name||Course Fee|
|Post Graduate Diploma||INR 4,650|
|Master of Science [M.Sc]||INR 11,657|
|Master of Music||INR 10,000|
|Master of Library and Information Science [M.Lib.I.Sc]||INR 2,500|
|Master of Computer Application [MCA]||INR 43,500|
|Master of Commerce [M.Com]||INR 10,900|
|Master of Business Administration [MBA]||INR 21,950|
|Master of Arts [MA]||INR 7,663|
|Diploma in Science||INR 4,650|
|Diploma in Law||INR 4,650|
|Diploma in Humanity Arts||INR 5,300|
|Diploma in Hospitality||INR 3,825|
|Diploma in Design||INR 3,000|
|Diploma in Commerce||INR 4,650|
|Diploma in Business Management||INR 4,700|
|Certificate Course||INR 900|
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc]||INR 17,870|
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences [B.Nat]||INR 4,800|
|Bachelor of Music||INR 3,600|
|Bachelor of Multimedia Animation||INR 3,600|
|Bachelor of Literature [B.Lit]||INR 3,600|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science [B.Lib.I.Sc]||INR 2,000|
|Bachelor of Computer Application [BCA]||INR 25,370|
|Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com]||INR 15,395|
|Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]||INR 16,370|
|Bachelor of Arts [BA]||INR 14,570|
Madras University Distance Education MBA Fee
Madras University offers MBA with a duration of 2 years in various specializations. The university offers distance MBA in Finance, Marketing, HR, Supply Chain, Systems, Hospital Management, etc. The eligibility to pursue a distance MBA is a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
Madras University distance MBA fee is approximately INR 37,000 for the complete program.
Madras University Distance Education Prospectus
The prospectus is released by Madras University distance education. Students can download the prospectus from the official website of the university for UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate programs. Applicants must pay the application form fee and can also take pay the fee by generating fee Challan. The University costs the prospectus with the application form Rs 224.
Madras University Distance Education Student Login
Students can go to the Madras University distance learning portal, and they can log in to the Student portal of Madras University. After taking admission, Candidates can enter the enrollment number provided by University. They can access all Necessary information related to the Syllabus, Results, and Study material of DDE Madras University.
Madras University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: IDE Building, Chepauk, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
- Contact no: 044 2561 3716
- Official Website: www.ideunom.ac.in
Some more distance universities
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are the admission requirements for Madras University Distance Education?
Ans: Application for Madras University Distance Education Admission is mentioned in this article above. Kindly go through the article for more info.
2. Is a Madras University distance Education degree valid in India?
Ans: Yes, Madras University is valid and approved by UGC and DEB for distance Leaning in India.
3. What is the process for getting the Madras University Distance Education Application Form?
Ans: For more information about Madras University Distance Education admissions, please visit the official website ideunom.ac.in.
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.