MDU Distance Education Admission 2024: The Calendar year 2024 admissions for MDU Distance Learning has been started from 24 January 2024, students are requested to fill the application process before the deadline. The final date to end the registration and admission process at MDU CDOE is 31 March 2024 without any late fine. (Source) Note the admissions are currently only active for intermediate students.
Maharishi Dayanand University DDE contains some prolific degree programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The courses are available in arts and humanities, science, library and information science, commerce, and numerous other fields. The best-recommended degree programs at MDU Distance Education are BA, BCom, MA in Journalism and Mass Communication, MCom, and so on.
Candidates will have to pass 12th with 40% and a bachelor’s degree with 45% to obtain admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The tuition costs for the bachelor’s and master’s level programs at MDU Distance Education range from INR 3,000 to INR 4,500 per year. For online programs, the per annum cost is approximately INR 20,000.
Admissions to UG and PG programs consider performance in qualifying exams and university’s entrance test. Tests like JEE Main and GATE scores are also accepted for BTech and MTech admissions. PhD admissions are based on entrance test and interviews. The entire application process is online.
As per latest NIRF data, median salary packages for postgraduate and undergraduate students during MDU placements range from INR 4-8 LPA. Top recruiters include companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Deloitte, TCS among others.
MDU Distance Education Latest Updates: (February 2024)
- MDU distance education admission for the February 2024 session has been started on 24 January 2024 (For intermediate students only).
- Maharshi Dayanand University distance education admission 2024 last date is 31 March 2024 with a late fine of INR 3000. Source
- Admission to B.A and B.com program for Intermediate students at Maharishi Dayanand University DDE is open. Interested students can apply before 31 March 2024 with a late fine of INR 3000.
- MDU distance education is taking applications for M.A. and M.Com programs until 31 March 2024 with a late fine.
MDU Distance Education Admission 2024 Highlights
|Maharshi Dayanand University
|Type of university
|Type of Courses
|Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma & Certificate
|BA, BCom etc
|MA, MCom, MSc, and MLISc
MDU Distance Education Admission 2024
Centre for Distance and Online Education offers admission to students for the various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes once a year (For the July session). Students seeking admission to BA, BCom, MA, MCom, MSc, or MLIS courses can wait for the opening of the admission portal of this university for the upcoming session.
For admission to distance undergraduate courses, students must complete the 10+2 level education in the relevant stream can apply at MDU DDE. To apply for the distance postgraduate courses, a graduation degree in a relevant discipline is the criterion.
The MDU Distance Education admission procedure is through online mode, and students need to visit the official web portal and complete the admission procedure. The admission is on merit as well as entrance-based. The Admission form fee is INR 1000 for the general category students, and for the reserved category, the fee is INR 250.
MDU DDE UG Admission
Maharshi Dayanand University offered only BA and BCom courses under distance learning mode. Following are the details of these courses:
MDU DDE BA Admission
Students who have passed their 12th standard can apply for this BA program. MDU DDE offers a number of specializations, including a BA in Performing Arts, a BA in Fine Arts, and a BA in Yoga. Registration can be done online through the official website.
BCom from Maharshi Dayanand University DDE
Senior Secondary (12th) or equivalent passed candidates are eligible to apply for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce program at Maharshi Dayanand University via distance learning mode. The annual fee charged by the university for a BCom course is Rs 9600/-
MDU DDE PG Admission
Students will apply for MA, MLIS, MCom, MSc, and many more for MDU DDE PG Admission through the official admission portal.
The university announces the minimum eligibility criteria with the admission announcement, so the students must check their eligibility before filling out the admission forms. If any of the students cannot complete the eligibility criteria during the admission compilation, their admission will be cancelled.
MDU MA Distance Admission 2024
MDU Distance Education Admission accepts students who wish to continue their education after completing their undergraduate degrees. Candidates must meet the university’s eligibility criteria to apply for this course. Applicants who fail to meet these criteria admission forms will be cancelled. MDU MA distance fees are INR 23,400.
Also, there is a variety of specializations available for MA courses.
- Master of Arts (English): Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks in aggregate (42.75% marks for SC/ST/ Blind/ Visually and Differently Abled candidates of Haryana only) or any other examination recognized by M.D. University.
- Master of Arts (Hindi): Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks in aggregate (42.75% marks for SC/ST/ Blind/Visually and Differently Abled candidates of Haryana only) or any other examination recognized by M.D. University, Rohtak, as equivalent thereto.
- Master of Arts (History): Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks in aggregate (42.75% marks for SC/ST/ Blind/ Visually and Differently Abled candidates of Haryana only) or any other examination recognized by MD University.
MDU MSc Admission
MDU offers MSc programs with many specializations through the Distance learning mode. Master of Science in Mathematics is one of the best courses at MDU.
MDU MCom Distance Education
Master of Commerce or MCom is a 2-year postgraduate degree offered by Maharshi Dayanand University.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission: A BCom/BBA/BIM/BTM or BA Economics/Mathematics or BSc Economics/Mathematics with at least 45% marks is the minimum eligibility criteria for admission to the MCom course at this university via ODL mode.
Fee: The per annum fee charged by the Maharshi Dayanand University DDE for the MCom course is Rs 10,900 per annum.
MDU Distance Education Courses List
MDU Distance Education Courses Eligibility Criteria
|BA Humanities distance education
|12th or Equivalent
|BA Social Sciences distance education
|12th or Equivalent
|BCom distance education
|12th or Equivalent
|MLIS Distance Education
|BLIS or Equivalent
|MA JMC Distance Education
|BA JMC or Equivalent UG degree
|MA History distance education
Undergraduate degree with the relevant subject
|MA Political Science distance education
|MA Public Administration distance education
|MA Economics distance education
|MA Hindi distance education
|MA Sanskrit distance education
|MA English distance education
|MCom distance education
|BCom or Equivalent UG degree
|MSc Mathematics distance education
BSc Mathematics or Equivalent UG Degree
MDU Distance Education Fee
MDU offers many UG and PG programs via distance learning. A lot of courses are offered at this university, including BBA, MBA, BCom, MCom, BA, MA, BCA, MCA, etc. The fee structure for the distance courses at MDU is given below:
|Fee per year (in RS)
|BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
|BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)
|MCA (Master of Computer Application)
|MBA (Master of Business Administration)
|MSc (Master of Science)
|BA (Bachelor of Arts)
|BCom (Bachelor of Commerce)
|MA (Master of Arts)
|MCom (Master of Commerce)
MDU Distance Education Admission Process 2024
Here we are making the complete form process guide available to the students. Have a look here :
- The very first step is to visit the official website.
- Once clicked on the official website, the notification will be live for the admissions where students need to go.
- While scrolling, students will get the course list as well as the last dates mentioned for registration.
- Above, there will be a link to enroll and start the registration by clicking there.
- The Registration window will appear, and here, students need to log in with the new & fresh candidate.
- Fill out the basic details asked and complete the form.
- Aadhar Number, City, and Mobile Number details should be filled in correctly.
- Choose your course to apply for.
- Complete the academic formalities and upload the documents asked according to the size.
- Students, after this, need to complete the payment step.
- Rectify all the details carefully and do not attempt any errors.
MDU Distance Education Application Form 2024
Students interested in filling out the application form can do it before the deadlines of MDU. The application is accessible online. For students in the general category, the form fee is INR 1000. For those in the reserved category, it is INR 250. Students should verify the method that is explained in depth and with accurate information for the form-filling lesson.
Why MDU Distance Education Admission?
Admission to distance education at MDU has proved to be significant and beneficial. It has developed a great level of skill in educating people throughout the years. Many universities have adopted online learning initiatives similar to MDU.
The following are some of the reasons why aspiring students would like to study at this university
- The DDE Conference Centre
- Learning through digital means
- Accommodations in hostels
- Club for faculty members
- Participation in sports
- The auditorium
MDU Distance Education Placement
Students are provided with career counselling, as well as assistance in improving their communication skills and thinking abilities by the placement cell. The placement cell at MDU, Directorate of Distance Education, places nearly 80% of students. Besides stipends, the universities also offer certificate-based internships and balanced stipends. There are a number of companies that recruit, including Zomato, Oracle, Myntra, Banks, etc.
About Maharshi Dayanand University DDE
The Maharshi Dayanand University is situated in Rohtak, Haryana, and was established by the Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) in the year 1988. The UGC and DEB both agree that the institution can give ODL courses.
It gives UG and PG degrees in arts, business, science, library science, and management. These degrees are given semester by semester. You can take courses like BA, MA, BCom, MSc, MCom, MBA, BJMC, MCA, and many more at MDU DDE. There are two bachelor’s degree programs and four master’s degree programs at the online university. But the guided programs will also give you a chance to focus on a specialization.
Maharshi Dayanand University DDE Contact Details
- Address: Directorate of Distance Education, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak-124001, Haryana, India.
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Official Website: mdudde.net
Some Other Distance Education Universities
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding MDU Distance Education
1. Does MDU provide Distance Education?
Ans: Yes, MDU provides Distance Learning Courses in India and is approved by UGC-DEB.
2. How do I apply to MDU distance education?
Ans: Students can fill out the application form Online. The application form is available at the Official portal of the University.
3. Is the Distance Education degree from MDU valid?
Ans: MDU Distance Education offers valid degree programs, just like IITs, DUs, or other recognized institutions. Through its exemplary education, the placement cell places 82% of students in top companies yearly.
4. How does MDU DDE’s digital learning centre work?
Ans: MDU DDE has a full-fledged Digital Learning Centre that monitors the use of digital learning resources and suggests three ways to improve teaching and learning. To facilitate free and open access to all resources available in the LMS, the university has developed its own Learning Management System (LMS) (Presentations/Documents/PDF files/Videos, etc.
5. When will students be informed about their approval at MDU Distance Education?
Ans: Students will be notified once the Admission department receives all the required documents and the application fee. For your admission process to run smoothly, ensure that all requisites are submitted on time.
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.