MCom Distance Education Admission: The Distance M. Com degree program is available to applicants who are unable to commit to regular study hours. The cost of this course, which is taught in several institutes, ranges from INR 10500 to INR 42000. Admissions are determined by merit and call for a bachelor’s degree background in commerce. This course is being offered by NMIMS, Christ University, and SCDL. Its curricular cover a wide range of topics, including taxation, auditing, and business law.
Students will be qualified for many positions like financial analyst, accountant, and tax consultant. Holders of distance M. Com will earn between INR 2.7 and 8 LPA. Students have till July 2024 to apply to universities approved by the UGC and DEB.
What is Distance M. Com?
The greatest option for applicants seeking ease and flexibility in their learning is the Distance M.Com. It does not require an entrance exam; admissions are also granted based on merit. In any field, B. Com is the least requirement. The same learning possibilities as ordinary learners will be provided to candidates. This course is offered by NMIMS, Christ University, and SCDL.
Why Studying Distance M. Com?
- Affordability: A large number of students may afford this course due to its low-cost structure, which ranges from INR 10500 to INR 42000.
- Flexibility: The least amount of time needed for study sessions and flexible timetables are its greatest assets.
- Promising career: A career can be found as an accountant, tax consultant, and financial analyst.
- Skills: In addition to learning the fundamentals of commerce, students develop excellent management skills that will help them in their jobs.
Master of Commerce Distance Education Admission Latest Updates: February 2024
- Admission is open at IMTS Institute for the course of the MComm program in distance learning mode. Apply before the Last Date, 15 March 2024. Apply Now
- Subharti University opened registration for the MCom CDOE programme for the academic session 2024-25. The deadline for application is 15 March 2024. Apply Now
- NIILM University Haryana has commenced the admission process for the MCom open learning programme for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply before 15 March 2024. Apply Now
- IGNOU started distance MCom admission for the academic year of 2024-25. The last date to apply is 10 March 2024. Apply now
MCom Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Full-Form of Course
|Master of Commerce
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|Graduate from a Recognized University or Institute
|Average Course Fees
|INR 15,000 – INR 60,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 3.5 L per annum
Benefits of MCom Distance Education
There are several benefits of MCom through distance mode. Some of the key benefits are mentioned below. Students can check out.
- With a master’s degree, you can improve students’ profiles and résumé while working.
- When compared to the same regular course, an MCom Distance Education degree is more affordable.
- With an M.Com degree, you can pursue other tests like the CA, CWA, or CSS.
- One can simultaneously take other courses and distance M.Com from open learning.
- Your career will benefit from a Master’s degree.
- Study whenever and wherever it suits you.
- MCom Distance Education programme can be completed without the students having to attend regular classes.
- Without leaving their jobs or any other activities they are engaged in to advance their professions, the students can earn a master’s degree and gain more in-depth information.
- MCom Distance Education degree will help in qualifying for competitive compensation.
- After completing the MCom Distance Education, the student will have excellent employment opportunities.
MCom Distance Education Admission 2024
Admission to the Master of Commerce distance learning course has been started for January 2024 at various UGC and DEB-approved universities. Eligible and interested students can apply by the last date, 15 March 2024. Remember that the last date may vary in different universities.
To get admission to the MCom distance education program, Students need to visit the official site of the university to which they want to apply. Admission for this ODL program will be made based on merit/entrance exam. The minimum eligibility for an MCom distance program is a degree in BCom or equivalent from a UGC-approved college or university.
A Master’s degree in commerce is a program that allows students to learn in-depth and develop exceptional skills in commerce. The postgraduate degree program of Mcom is highly rated because it offers opportunities to study some requisite modern subjects, including economics, business environment, strategic management, international business, and many more.
Eligibility for MCom Distance Education
- Completed graduation from a recognized university/college.
- Graduation in the discipline of commerce (BCOM or BCOM Hons.)
- Scored 50% of aggregate marks in graduation from a recognized university/college
- For the reserved category, a relaxation of up to 5% is given in government universities.
- The MCOM course has no upper age limit.
- MCom Distance Education Fees Structure varies from University to University.
- The average fee for MCOm Distance Education is INR 15,000 to INR 60,000 per annum.
- The registration fee starts from Rs 300 to Rs 500 in Distance MCom.
Top Colleges/Universities for MCom Distance Education in India
IGNOU MCom Distance Education
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) conducts admission to Com distance learning courses for both January and July sessions.
Eligible students make sure to apply before the deadline. BCom or equivalent is the minimum eligibility condition for admission to this programme.
IGNOU is accepting admission forms for specialized programs in the advanced commerce domain, including MCom in general and MCom in finance and taxation. The total or complete fee of the general and finance & taxation programs is INR 18,000 and INR 8,400. Application fees are INR 300 for both master’s degree variants in commerce.
Chandigarh University MCom Distance Education
Admission for the MCom open and distance learning program at Chandigarh University IDOL begins. The final date has yet to be revealed, but students should not wait because traffic on the website admission portal may increase in the last few days, and that can cause issues.
There is only one way to apply for admission to the Chandigarh University IDOL, and that is online, so save time and apply to the Chandigarh University MCom program as soon as possible.
The registration, admission, and total fees at Chandigarh University for the MCom PG degree program are INR 2,000, INR 500, and INR 12,850. A bachelor’s degree in any relevant field would be considered for admission to the CU-IDOL Mcom program.
LPU MCom Distance Education
Lovely Professional University (LPU) Admission commenced for the postgraduate degree program in the MCom. The university is inviting students from India and abroad by sharing its online modes of admission.
It is possible that the deadline for admission may be extended to the month of September 2024; however, it would be great for students to apply quickly to understand the curriculum and start obtaining standard education. Anyone who passes either a BCom, BBA, BA Economics or a relevant degree is eligible for admission to the LPU-DE Mcom program.
The exclusive application cum registration fee at LPU-DE for the MCom program is INR 500. Lovely Professional University requires a semester-wise fee of INR 8,000 for the two-year postgraduate program.
Kerala University MCom Distance Education
Kerala University offers MCom Distance Education through its School of Distance Education in the Faculty of Commerce. A semester-based schedule is followed for the course. The MCom Distance Education program is a 2-year post-graduate program divided into four semesters. Students who are interested in the course must possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Annamalai University MCom Distance Education
Annamalai University admission to the MCom correspondence degree programme will soon be open for the academic year session 2024. Application form for admission is now available on the official website of the University. MCom Distance Education is a 2-year postgraduate degree. Generally, BCom students are eligible for the MCom degree. There is 50% marks are also required to get admission into MCom at Annamalai University.
MCom Distance Education Mumbai University
Mumbai University has to open its admission window for the distance MCom program. To apply for this master’s program at Mumbai University, students must pass B.Com, BMS, BBI, BAF Degree & (BMM only for Management specialization) from a recognized university in India. The application fee is between INR 300 to INR 600. This two-year master’s program course fee at Mumbai University is INR 51,00 per year.
M.Com Distance Education from Delhi University
Delhi University has started taking admission to the MCom distance education programme. The Distance MCom programme provides comprehensive knowledge and skills in commerce, including accounting, finance, and business management. For Admission, the students must have a bachelor’s degree in commerce or a related field from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate marks. Generally, the fees of the course range between INR 30,000 to INR 50,000 per year.
Kerala University Distance MCom Education Admission
Numerous students of Kerala apply for distance MCom admission at Kerala University. The University opens its admission window every year for the distance MCom program. To apply for admission to this master’s program at Kerala University students must pass BCom or its equivalent from a recognized University of India. Kerala University charges INR 10,935 per year for the distance MCom program.
MCom Distance Education Application Form Process 2024
Students who want to enroll in a distance MCom course can follow the steps given below. One can easily complete the admission process by following the steps.
Step 1. The application form for admission to the MCom ODL will be available on the university’s official website.
Step 2. The candidate should provide the correct details during the application and upload the necessary documents.
Step 3. The application will be rejected if any of the information provided in the application form is found wrong.
Step 4. Payment for the application fee can be made online, i.e., net banking, debit card, credit card, or offline mode, i.e., D.D., e-challans.
Step 5. The candidate should collect the fee payment receipt as soon as the payment is made.
Step 6. The candidate will receive an email and SMS regarding the registration confirmation.
Documents Required For Admission to MCom Distance Education
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 & UG certificate
- D.O.B. certificate
- Caste certificate
MCom Distance Education Syllabus
|Accounting for Managerial Decision
|Commercial Bank Management
|Corporate legal Environment
|Corporate Tax Planning
|Economics of Global Trade & Finance
|Corporate Financial Accounting
|Computer Application in Business
|Research Methodology in Commerce
Top MCom Distance Education Specialization
In the M.com professional master’s program, you can specialize in a particular field of study of your choosing. There are several options available when choosing a master’s degree topic.
You must research the topics and enroll at the top institution that offers a course that is similar to the one you are interested in because the course possibilities differ from university to university.
- M.Com in Accounting & Finance
- M.Com in Computer Applications
- M.Com in Finance
- M.Com in Human Resource Management
- M.Com in Marketing
- M.Com in Taxation
MCom Distance Education in Delhi
Students who want to enroll in the MCom distance education program can apply for admission to various colleges in Delhi. MCom Correspondence is available in many colleges. This program lasts for 2 years and is equally divided into 4 semesters. Students can choose the university according to their choice.
In the capital city, students who are currently working professionally and willing to continue their education can pursue MCom through correspondence. It is the best option for such students. Some of the famous universities in Delhi are IGNOU, DUSOL, etc.
MCom Distance Education in Chennai, Tamilnadu
In Tamilnadu, various UGC-approved locations offer distance education courses at degree, diploma, pg diploma, and certificate levels. Students seeking admission to the MCom distance learning program in Chennai, Tamilnadu, can apply for admission to the following universities:
- Annamalai University Distance Education
- Bharathidasan University Distance Education
- MS University Distance Education
- Tamil Nadu Open University distance education
- Madras University Distance Education
- Mother Teresa Women’s University distance education
Scope for MCom Distance Education
The MCom Distance Education program degree offers a wealth of academic and professional opportunities. The education doors invite students to advance their knowledge in any of the programs like MBA, B.Ed., MPhil, PhD, etc. If someone wants to start a career, they can choose Distance MCom jobs such as accountant, share market consultant, finance executive, and more.
- Assistant Accountant
- Audit officer
- Account Executive
- Finance Analyst
- Finance Manager
- Operation Manager
- Business Analyst
Some Other Distance Education Courses:
MCom Distance Education FAQs?
Question 1: Is distance M.Com valid?
Answer: Yes, Distance MCom is valid and is approved by UGC and DEB.
Question 2: Which university is best for M.Com distance education?
Answer: It is tough to say that only one university is best for MCom distance education. IGNOU, DUSOL, and Amity University are popular universities providing MCom distance education courses.
Q.3 Can I Apply for MCom distance education at Bharathiar University?
Ans: Students can easily apply through @sde.b-u.ac.in (Official portal) and read out all the instructions before applying.