Pondicherry University Distance Education 2024: The Pondicherry University has opened its doors for admissions. If you’re interested in the PG Diplomas or Certificates taught in the evening session, now’s your chance. You have until Dec 30, 2023, to submit your application. Ready to take a leap into the world of possibilities? Visit the official website @pondiuni.edu.in.
The probable date to start the process of admission to distance education courses at Pondicherry University DDE for the calendar year 2024 will be 05 January 2024, and the last date to submit the filled application form will be 28 February 2024. At present PUDDE offers BBA, BA, BCom, MA, MBA, and MCom courses via open and distance learning mode. To apply for any program, every candidate must visit the PUDDE website via the link dde.pondiuni.edu.in.
Pondicherry University DDE Latest Updates
- 24 November 2023: The Pondicherry University nine new buildings across its campuses in Puducherry and Karaikal on November 24, 2023 in a momentous event. With this infrastructure expansion, the university’s facilities will be enhanced and academic pursuits will be enhanced.
- 20 November, 2023: Professor at Pondicherry University made a remarkable discovery related to the survival mechanisms of tiny algae in extreme conditions. This revelation sheds light on tiny algae’s resilience in extreme conditions.
- The last date to apply for Pondicherry University distance education in 2023-24 is 20 October 2023. Source
The average estimation for the upcoming session’s tuition fee is about INR 10,000 for most courses. After determining the eligibility of candidates from their last exam score, they will be considered suitable for admission.
PUDDE has been conducting the admission process of distance courses for many years on varying dates. To be informed about the continuing session’s admission dates, candidates must check the official Pondicherry University DDE site.
The University offers separate eligibility criteria for most of the courses, and thus, the criteria given below is a general eligibility criterion.
Undergraduate & PG Courses:
- BA (Program): One must accomplish 10+2 in any discipline for the BA course.
- BBA (Program): With a related subject such as mathematics, 10+2 should have been qualified.
- MA: The minimum requirement for a degree is a BA or any other related with a mean score or more.
- MBA: At least a 55% score should be secured by candidates with a BBA or a bachelor’s degree.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Pondicherry University Distance Education|
|Approved by||DEB, UGC, DEC|
|Courses||UG & PG, PG Diploma|
|Admission||Merit-based and Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Learning||Distance Education|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
Pondicherry University Distance Education Key Points
- Teaching and learning materials of PUDDE for MBA, UG, and PG programs can be attained from the official site.
- The university has a placement cell for students.
- Scholarships are offered to eligible candidates.
- The timetable of Pondicherry University Distance Education Personal Contact Program can be seen completely from the official portal of the institution.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Admission 2024
Pondicherry University DDE admission, those candidates who want to take admission can fill out the application form online through the university’s official website. Pondicherry University takes admission to any courses two times every year, in June and December. Admission to this university depends on a merit basis. The university conducts the examination two times every year, session-wise.
The university released both session results on the university website. Candidates can check the result by using the roll number that is given by the university side. The university offers an online application form on the university website. Pondicherry University Distance Education form fee is INR 200 for UG courses.
What is the last date to apply for Pondicherry University distance education?
The University is accepting online application forms for admission to several UG and PG courses. Students can fill out the form on or before the last date.
Pondicherry University Distance Education UG Admission
The portal registration is at www.dde.pondiuni.edu.in. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate courses, including BA, BBA, and B.Com. Specializations like History, Political Science, English, Economics & more for admission. An application fee of Rs 200/- is required. It is mandatory for students to have certificates from a recognized 10+2 school.
Pondicherry University does not conduct any entrance exams for admission to UG courses. Students will be selected on the basis of merit list criteria or the direct admission process. Some of the popular courses and eligibility requirements are mentioned below.
BA Distance Education: Pondicherry University DDE has released the admission form for Bachelor of Arts for session 2023. There are multiple specializations available like Economics, English, History, Sociology, Political Science, Mass Communication & more. The duration of the course is 3 years.
BBA Distance Education: Applications for distance BBA courses have been released by PUDDE for the January session of 2023. The duration of this distance course lies between 3 years to 6 years.
BCom Distance Education: This bachelor’s degree is designed for those applicants who want to learn Finance, Management, Banking, and other topics and have completed their 12th class from the commerce stream by the recognized board with at least a 50% score. Applicants will get selected based on merit score and academic performance.
Pondicherry University Distance Education PG Admission
Pondicherry University provides postgraduate courses such as MA, MCom, and MBA, all available online. To apply for any PG course, students must have completed their 10+2+3 from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate. The university will accept any UGC-accredited bachelor’s degree.
MA Distance Education: Pondicherry University DDE offers Master of Arts or MA programs in distance learning mode to students who have cleared any degree from a recognized university. The duration of the distance MA course at Pondicherry University is 2 years.
MCom Distance Education: Master of Commerce or MCom via distance learning at Pondicherry University is an ideal course available for the 2-year duration at the PG commerce level. The fee for the distance MCom course is Rs 11,425 per year.
Pondicherry University Distance MBA Admission 2024
The registration portal is at www.dde.pondiuni.edu.in/mba. Students who have completed their graduation degree education from a recognized university or college are eligible to apply.
The application form for admission to MBA courses at Pondicherry University will be available soon on the university’s website. Before filling out the application form read the information carefully and fulfill the eligibility requirements.
If you would like to apply, you must do so before the deadline. The Pondicherry University MBA program uses both a Common Entrance Examination and an interview process to select applicants for admission to the program.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Application Form 2024
Applicants must pay INR 200 as the registration form fee, although each program’s admission fee differs. It Varies between INR 7,500 to INR 20,000. The candidate will pay the application fee by the demand draft, cash, and online banking. The university also has a payment gateway so the candidate can also pay by using this gateway.
The online application form should be filled out carefully by students. Detailed information such as the name of the candidate, father’s name, date of birth, and marks earned in 10th and 12th grades should be entered correctly. Applicants with inaccurate information on their application forms will be rejected.
Eligibility Requirement for Pondicherry University Distance Education
In order to be eligible for admission into Pondicherry University distance education programs, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- For admission to UG courses, applicants must have passed their 12th class from an accredited board.
- Diploma holders or other 12th equivalents can also apply for enrollment to multiple UG courses.
- If a student has scored a minimum of 45% on their UG degree, they can apply to PG programs.
How To Apply For Pondicherry University Distance Education Admission 2024?
- The University website will publish the application form. (www.pondiuni.edu.in/distance-education)
- For online entry, candidates should first create an account.
- The University will provide two application forms i.e. Post Graduate Diploma Courses and M.Phil. /Ph.D. Programs. Candidates will choose courses as per their preference.
- All the information required must be completed by candidates.
- If it is incomplete, the requisition shall not be approved.
- All documents, including photographs and DMCs, must bring the application form.
- For admission payment, credit/debit cards can be used.
- Print the application form for clarification purposes.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Courses List
Following are the UG, PG, and PG diploma courses offered by the Pondicherry University Department of Distance Education for the academic year session 2023-24:
Pondicherry University Distance Education UG Courses List
Pondicherry University Distance Education PG Courses List
|MA English ODL||MBA Marketing Distance Education|
|MA Sociology ODL||MBA IB Distance Education|
|MA Hindi Distance Learning||MBA HRM Distance Education|
|MCom Finance Distance Education||MBA Hospital Management ODL|
|MBA General Distance Education||MBA Tourism Distance Education|
|MBA Finance Distance Education||MBA Operations & Supply Chain Management Distance Education|
Pondicherry University Distance Education Fee Structure 2024
|MBA – Human Resources Management||Rs. 24,925|
|MBA – Finance||Rs. 24,925|
|MBA – Hospital Management||Rs. 24,925|
|Master of Commerce||Rs. 11,425|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||Rs. 9,975|
|Bachelor of Commerce||Rs. 9,975|
|Master of Arts in Sociology||Rs. 11,425|
About Pondicherry University Distance Education
In the Indian city of Kalapet, the Pondicherry University DDE was built in 1985. Students can enroll at the university’s undergraduate, graduate, and diploma levels. Here, people can apply for eight bachelor’s degree programs, four master’s, and eight management degree programs. Soon, the portal will have the most up-to-date list of PG Diplomas.
Pondicherry University DDE Contact Details
- Address: Directorate of Distance Education, Pondicherry University, R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Puducherry – 605 014
- Contact Number: 0413 – 2655179
- Website:- https://dde.pondiuni.edu.in/
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: Is Pondicherry University Distance Education valid?
Ans: UGC-DEB has approved all the distance learning courses offered by the university through the platform of distance learning.
Ques 2: Is a distance degree valuable from Pondicherry University?
Ans: Yes! A degree acquired through an online/distance education process from (UGC-DEB) a recognized higher education institution, is, in fact, equal in value and worth to a degree earned through a regular education process.
Ques 3: Who is eligible for Pondicherry University Distance admission?
Ans: Applicants who will match all requirements for an undergraduate and postgraduate course are eligible for admission at Pondicherry University.
Ques 4: How to enroll in Pondicherry University Distance Education?
Ans: Students can apply for admission through the official portal of the university by completing the admission process.
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.