BSc Psychology Distance Education: It is a specialization of the BSc course that takes three years. It aims to help students learn more about psychology at the bachelor’s level. Students can take this course to learn more about emotions, behavior, human psychology, crisis management, etc. Admission is going on for the course at many Universities. students can apply at the official portal of the University.
- IGNOU application form is ongoing for the correspondence BSc course for the July 2023 session. The last date to register is 30 September 2023. Click here
- Madras University DDE started the admission for the distance BSc Psychology program for the session 2023-24. The extended last date to apply is 30 September 2023. Source
- Registration has started for the BSc Psychology distance education course at Chandigarh University for the session 2023-24. Source
- Tamilnadu Open University has started BSc Psychology distance education admission for the January 2023 session. Click here
Students passing the 12th class from a recognized institution can aspire for admission into BSc Psychology Distance Education courses at multiple universities. The selection of students for admission in the distance BSc Psychology courses is generally made directly after considering the previous scorecards of students.
The average course fee that an applicant needs to pay while pursuing the Distance BSc Psychology course can be from INR 15,000 – INR 60,000 per annum.
The average salary package that an applicant can receive on passing the Distance BSc Psychology course can be from INR 3-6 Lac per annum in the starting phase of their career.
The curriculum of BSc Psychology Distance Education is divided into 6 equal semesters so that the students can grab essential knowledge related to the course in a prescribed manner. In the syllabus of this course, students are taught about topics like psychopathology, developmental psychology, organizational behavior, foundations of human behavior, etc.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science in Psychology|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||35% to 50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 in the science stream|
|Average Course Fee||INR 15,000 – INR 60,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||BA Psychology|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3-6 Lac per annum|
|Employment Roles||Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Counselor, Teacher|
Key Features of BSc Psychology Distance Learning
- The BSc or Bachelor of Science in Psychology course covers all of the clinical, organizational, and counseling fields.
- The program can be done in different ways, such as online, regular, or at a distance.
- Psychology is a field of study that is taught at different levels by different institutions. It is the most important field of study for better mental health and care.
- Distance BSc Psychology program takes three years and can be done by distance.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Admission 2023
The admission process has started for the BSc Psychology distance learning program for the academic year 2023-24. BSc Psychology distance education is an undergraduate course for a three-year duration. The course study curriculum is based on general psychology, social psychology, elementary statistics, social behavior, and so on. Universities like IGNOU, Madras University, Chandigarh University, LPU, Jain University, etc., can be used to study the course BSc Psychology.
The admission window is still open for the BSc Psychology distance education course at Chandigarh University. The admission form can be filled out online at www.cuidol.in. The last date for submission of the enrollment form is 15 October 2023 (tentative).
Eligibility for BSc Psychology Distance Education
The following sections list the admission or new entry requirements for the BSc Psychology distance learning program.
- Candidate must pass the 10+2 or 12th examination in any stream, such as arts/science or commerce, from a recognized board/institution.
- Marks must necessarily be 35 to 50 in the qualifying examination.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Fee
The fee structure of a BSc Psychology distance degree is elevated with the help of an annual cycle. The cost of this program varies from year to year due to differences in university administrations from public to private. One can see that the annual fee for BSc Psychology distance education ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 60,000.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Students looking to get admission into the Distance BSc Psychology course are required to fill out their application in a proper manner for which the students can follow the process listed below:
- The aspirants need to visit the official website of the university they are looking to get admission to.
- Fill out the login form and create your login credentials.
- By using this login credential, log into the admission portal to access the application form.
- Fill in the information asked in the form and upload the documents in the form of scanned images.
- Generally, the application fee is paid by applicants by using online modes like net banking, UPI payments, credit/debit cards, etc.
- Download the confirmation details for the fee submission for further use.
- The confirmation details of the BSc Psychology Distance Education application form submission will be sent by the university to the applicants at their contact details.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Syllabus
The BSc Psychology program is done at a distance and takes three years to finish. Students learn about every part of the human mind in depth over six semesters. They learn things like Health, Industrial, and Social Psychology, among other things. In the table below, you can see the full course outline for BSc Psychology:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Foundation in English||Foundation in English|
|General Psychology – I||General Psychology – II|
|Biological Psychology – I||Biological Psychology – II|
|Educational Psychology||Health Psychology|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Foundation in English||Foundation in English|
|Developmental Psychology – I||Developmental Psychology – II|
|Research Methods & Statistics||Experimental Psychology- I (Practical)|
|Learner‘s Choice – CBCS||Life Skills Education|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Abnormal Psychology – I||Abnormal Psychology-II|
|Social Psychology – I||Social Psychology-II|
|Guidance & Counselling Psychology||Human Resource Development|
|Industrial /Organizational Psychology||Experimental Psychology- II (Practical)|
|Learner‘s Choice – CBCS||Basic Counselling Skills|
BSc Psychology Distance Education at MKU University
At MKU University, the admission process for the BSc Psychology Distance Education course is going on for the academic session 2023, and aspiring students need to fill out the application form at @mkuniversityadmission.samarth.edu.in.
Students passing their 12th class from a recognized institution can apply for admission to this course if they have scored a minimum of 45% score. The fee for pursuing the distance BSc Psychology course is INR 4,000 per year.
The selection of students getting admission into the course will be made after comparing the previous rankings and scores of applicants from a recognized institution or board.
B.Sc Psychology Distance Education in Annamalai University
Annamalai University is about to open the admission window for the B.Sc. Psychology distance education program. Students seeking admission will soon be able to apply through the official website of Annamalai University. The minimum eligibility to apply for the distance program at Annamalai University is that students must pass 12th from a recognized Board. The application form charge is INR 200 while the course fee of B.Sc. psychology distance education program is 20,000 per annum.
Scope of BSc Psychology Distance Education
Students who pass their Distance BSc Psychology course can aspire to a successful and enlightened career as the curriculum of this course will help them develop their skills to match up with the professional competition easily.
The salary package that an applicant can get on passing the Distance BSc Psychology course can differ based on the skills and experience of the applicants. But an average amount of salary that is offered to the applicants in the starting stage of their career can get from INR 3 LPA to INR 6 LPA.
Some of the profiles at which students can get placed after passing the BSc Psychology distance education course are:
- Mental Counselor,
- Research scholar, etc.
Advantages of BSc Psychology Distance Education
The BSc Psychology Distance Education course comes with several key advantages that help students in building their careers. Some of the major advantages of a Distance BSc Psychology course are:
- The students get to study various topics, and subjects enrolled in the course.
- The curriculum of the course is developed in such a manner that helps students in grabbing skills as per their timetable and schedule.
- There are no time-bound classes conducted at any university in this mode of education.
- The average fee for this course via distance learning mode is much more affordable to every applicant if compared with the other modes of study.
- The option of dual degree study and job alongside this course is also applicable when an applicant opts for a distance BSc Psychology course.