Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education: It is a one-year distance course. The course demand has increased significantly over the last few years due to the focus on health. Colleges allow admission as distance education for those who are incapable of doing or are not interested in getting access in regular mode. Admission is currently going on.
The minimum eligibility criteria to enroll for the Diploma in Food & Nutrition distance education admission, the student must pass 12th from a recognized board of HS education.
No particular age limit is required to pursue this course.
The average fee for a diploma in Food & Nutrition is between IRN 3.2 to 4.6 LPA.
Approx Course Fee
To pursue this course, a candidate should pay an average fee of about INR 15,000 to INR 50,000 per annum.
Diploma in Food & Nutrition Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Diploma|
|Full-Form||Diploma in Food and Nutrition|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of the Diploma in Food and Nutrition is 1 Year.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 15,000 – INR 50,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor in Diploma in Food and Nutrition, PG Diploma in Diploma in Food Nutrition, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.2 to 4.6 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Diet Technician, Nutrition Manager, Marketing/ Sales Consultant, Catering Manager, Food Service Supervisor, Quality Control Manager, etc.|
Is a Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Worth it?
Yes, a Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education, when studied at a top Indian college or University, is worth it.
- Skills: Multiple skills can be acquired through this degree program, such as problem-solving, decision-making, communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Time Flexibility: Time flexibility is one of the main advantages of studying a distance course like this diploma in Food and Nutrition. Regular classes or physical examinations will not bind candidates; thus, they can study at their preferred schedules.
- Fee and Cost: The cost and fee for a distance diploma in Food and Nutrition are low and affordable. In most institutes, the average annual cost of this program is about INR 15000 to 50000, which is cheaper and helps the students complete their studies.
- Earn While You Learn: The students are free to work anywhere or in the related field to gain experience throughout their study of this diploma course in distance mode. This opportunity is availed due to the time available to the learners.
Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission is open for the distance Diploma in Food & Nutrition program. Students can visit the official website to apply. The eligibility requirements must be met to apply. The eligibility is a 45% score in the 12th standard.
The admission forms are available on the official website of the concerned university. All the details in the form must be correct, and the form must be submitted before the deadline.
Eligibility for Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education
- 10+2/Intermediate exam passed out from a recognized board/university.
- Above 16 age group can apply for admission.
- There are different eligibility criteria for different institutions
- There is an entrance exam plus an interview & percentage (%) of class 10+2/PUC are taken for admission
Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- To take admission, you have to visit the college’s Official Website.
- Candidates Need To fill application structure offline or online.
- Applicants Need To Fill in all the correct details in the application form.
- Incomplete/Incorrect Applications Or Forms With Errors Will Be Rejected.
- You can pay the rate Through Credit/Debit Cards Of The Application Fee + Entrance Exam Fee.
- If candidates want to pay Fees By Cash, they can do so through Bank E-Challan.
- The Candidate Will Receive An Email And SMS Confirming The Registration Only
- Once The Fees Are Paid Successfully. Take out fee receipt.
Documents Required for Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Admission
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10th certificate
- Driving license
Why Study Diploma in Food and Nutrition?
- High Demand: It is a highly sought-after and high-paying career stream among candidates interested in following their passion for food and nutrition. People are becoming more aware of their food and nutrition, increasing demand for nutrition diploma courses.
- Awesome pay packages: Both private and public organizations offer competitive salaries for Diploma in Food and Nutrition positions.
- Great Scope: Health and diet awareness continues to rise, so more and more companies offer a variety of food and nutrition-related jobs to qualified candidates.
Benefits of Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education
The following are some benefits of pursuing a Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education course:
- Candidates enthusiastic about food and nutrition have a significant demand for distance learning credentials in these fields. The demand for nutrition certificate courses has skyrocketed as people’s awareness of their diets and nutrition has grown.
- Higher pay is available for occupations requiring a diploma in food and nutrition from private and public entities.
- Due to the increased attention paid to diet and health, many businesses provide possibilities to applicants with the necessary skills and an interest in the food and nutrition industry.
Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Skills Required
Prospective students must have various skill sets to get the most out of the course. In addition to the course material, the students need the following skills to be hired by recruiters.
- Communication Skills
- Research Skills
- Interest in Food Preparation
- Health Management Skills
Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||Food Preparation and Service: Principles and Methods|
|Caribbean Food Ways and Food Systems|
|Principles of Nutrition and Health|
|Food Selection and Meal Planning|
|Food Science and Technology|
|Public Health and Hygiene|
Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Best Colleges
India has some of the best universities for getting a Diploma in Food and Nutrition. Depending on what the candidate wants, there are many ways to get the best education in Food and Nutrition. Candidates must make a smart choice based on the type of Food and Nutrition program that is available. The best Diploma in Food and Nutrition Colleges in India are listed below:
|Name of the College/ University||Location/Place|
|RKG education college||Lucknow|
|Nalanda Open University||Patna|
|Sri Durga Malleswara Siddhartha Mahila Kalasala||Vijayawada|
|Maulana Azad university||Jodhpur|
|G H Raisoni University||Amravati|
Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Career and Job Prospects
|Employment Area||Job Profile|
|Food Service Departments of Hospitals||Food Service Supervisor|
|Long-Term Care Homes||Catering Manager|
|Catering Companies||Quality Control Manager|
|Schools & Colleges||Marketing/Sales Consultant|
|Retirement Community Centres|
Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Salary
Diploma in Food and Nutrition jobs often start with salaries between INR 3 and 30 LPA. The job placement provided by a college or university can have a significant impact on the salary a graduate earns after graduation. Graduates can make more money as they get more experience on the job.
Graduates with a Diploma in Food and Nutrition earn different salaries depending on their chosen specialization. Interpersonal skills, the area of specialization, and the level of expertise in the area of specialization are all things that can affect income. The following table displays the breakdown of salaries for graduates with a diploma in food and nutrition in India:
|Job Role||Average Salary (INR)|
|Diet Technician||2 LPA|
|Food Services Manager||4.60 LPA|
|Nutrition Manager||4 LPA|
|Food Research Analyst||1.82 LPA|
|Quality Control Manager||5.50 LPA|
|Food Technologist||4.10 LPA|
Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education Future Scope
In addition, graduates of the Diploma in Food and Nutrition program are encouraged to pursue career opportunities in hospitals, nursing homes, private hospitals, public health clinics, and more upon completing the program.
- Bachelor: It is a 3–4 year full-time program. To be admitted to the colleges that offer the program, applicants must pass the famous national-level entrance Exam. As people’s attitudes about their health and technology constantly evolve, there are many opportunities in the field of a diploma in food and nutrition.
- Competitive Exams: Several students chose to prepare for competitive exams held at the national and university levels to pursue higher degrees
- Research Field: Students interested in researching various health-related fields might contact numerous businesses to create or develop cutting-edge methods.
Skills Required for Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education
Students who want to get a Diploma in Food and Nutrition Distance Education must have skills based on their chosen university and program. When students take courses in food and nutrition, they will also learn how to do well in this area. These skills are essential for professionals working alone or in teams. The skills needed for the Diploma in Food and Nutrition distance education program are:
- Communication skill
- Motivational skill
- Problem solver skill
- Supporting skill
- Attentive Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Vision and Strategy skill
- Quantitative Aptitude Skills
- Initiative Skill
- Risks taking skill