Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Admission 2024: Admission started for the Diploma in Food Beverage course in Distance mode. The food and beverage service is known as the core industry of hospitality management. This diploma program provides Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence study mode with a Merit-Based/Entrance Exam admission process. Admission to Diploma in Food Beverage Distance education at Universities/Institutions will open soon for the next academic session. For more information, students can get free counseling by calling 9210989898.
Those who wish to enroll for admission to the Diploma in Food Beverage ODL must have a 12th from a recognized board of education with a minimum of 45% marks.
The course duration of the Diploma in Food & Beverage is 1 Year with no age-specific age limit.
The average fee for this diploma is INR 10,000 – INR 50,000 per annum.
The average salary is about INR 2.5 L per annum.
Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Admission Latest News: February 2024
- IGNOU started admission for a Diploma in Food Beverage for the 2024 session. All the students can apply before 29 February 2024 for admission. Source
- Mangalayatan University has open admission for a Diploma in Food and Beverage in Distance Education mode. 29 February 2024 is the last date for admission. Apply Now
- Diploma in Food Beverage admission started by IMTS Institute in DDE for the 2024 academic year. All the students can apply before 29 February 2024. Apply Now
Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Admission 2024 Highlights
|Type of Course
|Full Form of Course
|Diploma in Food & Beverage.
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|The course Duration of the Diploma in Food & Beverage is 1 Year.
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board
|Average Course Fees
|INR 10,000 – INR 50,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|PG Diploma in Food & Beverage, B.Sc in Food & Beverage.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 2.5 L per annum
|Chefs, Head Cooks, Food Service Managers, Waiters or Waitresses, Beverage Managers, etc.
Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Eligibility
The eligibility requirements for a Diploma in Food Beverage Distance Education program are listed below.
- Candidates must have passed a recognized board’s 10+2 exam or an equivalent exam.
- Candidates must appear for the admission exam being held by the state/national examination center if the college requires it.
- The course’s maximum age limit is 25, while candidates from the reserved category may be allowed to be older.
Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Fee
Students have to pay a fee of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 50,000 for the Diploma In Food and Beverage. The fee does not remain the same in all universities, and it changes every year. Before applying for admission to a Diploma In Food Beverage at any university that offers the same course, students should check the fee on its official website.
Diploma in Food Beverage Distance Education Admission Process 2024
Step 1. If you want to be admitted to the University, visit the University’s official website and fill out the application online or offline.
Step 2. The candidate should fill in the details in the application form correctly. Otherwise, the University will cancel the form.
Step 3. Applicants can pay the application fee + entrance exam fee online, i.e., net banking, debit card, credit card, or offline mode, i.e., D.D., e-challans.
Step 4. After submitting the fee, the candidate will receive an SMS confirming the application is complete and can now download the fee receipt.
Documents Required for Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Admission
- Aadhaar card
- 10th certificate
- Driving license
- 10+2 certificate
- Caste certificate
Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Syllabus
The Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education curriculum is structured so that it covers all of the essential topics in food & beverage services in just one year. The subjects that are covered the most frequently in the course are listed below:
|Subjects to Study
|F & B Service
|Hygiene and Sanitation
|Attributes of Food and Beverage Service Personnel
|Hierarchy in the Food and Beverage Department
|Handling Cutlery, Crockery, and Glassware
|Carrying the Food Service Tray
|Arrangement and Preparation of Side Board
|Entrepreneurship in the Food and Beverage Industry
|Basic Equipment and Glassware Used in Bar
|Safety at Work and Basic First Aid
|Service at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
|Types of menu and cuisines
|F&B Deptt. Staff organization and inter & intra-departmental coordination
|Knowledge -Buffet, Layout, Display & Service.
|Table Sauces – compliments /garnishes
|Control Process including cost-benefit ratio, control cycle
|The sanitary procedure followed during food handling
|Communication with guests and Body language
|Electronic modes of communication
Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Job Prospects and Career
|Food and beverage attendant
|Small business catering operations
|Retail food outlets
|Export Promotion Councils
|Host / Hostess
|Honeywell – Mumbai
|Bottle shop attendant
|Kemin Industries, Inc. – Gummidipundi
|Room service staff Kitchen hands
|OS Consultancy – Navi Mumbai
|Research & Educational Institutes
|SGT – Gurgaon
|International Logistics Provider
|TNT India – Bangalore
|Cafe and fast food outlet cooking crew
|Housekeeping and laundry staff
Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education Future Scope
The food and beverage services diploma program is one of the most well-regarded programs after hotel management. A candidate’s career is surely headed in the right way if they understand how important food and beverage services are to hospitality management.
- In India, there is a huge demand for food and beverage services from both the public and private sectors each year. After completing this degree, candidates will have a variety of employment choices, including positions in both small hotels and significant hospitality industries.
- If candidates desire to continue their education beyond the undergraduate level in hotel management, they can apply to the food and beverage diploma program. Each essential component of hotel administration will be covered within the diploma program.
- Candidates can find employment in the food and hospitality sector in places like government agencies, the military, hotels, non-profit institutions, tourism and hospitality businesses, etc.
Skills Required for Diploma In Food Beverage Distance Education
Those who want to take Diploma in Food Beverage online education courses should know enough about different types of food and drinks. Aside from this, they should also have some of the following skills.
|Flair for creativity
|Ability to adjust in any situation
|Willingness to work long and odd hours