Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Admission 2023: A Diploma course with a specialization in nutrition and dietetics via distance education has a duration of 1 year. Numerous universities offer admission into this course to improve the student’s knowledge and skills in the related disciplines. This course also includes dietetics, nutrition consultants, and public health nutritionists.
A diploma in Nutrition and Dietetic course is best for those who want a short-term course and have a keen interest in Health. They can get admission for this course in 2023. In India, There are numerous universities and colleges that provide admission for the course in distance education mode. Eligibility of this Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education is 12th degree along with 50% score. There is no entrance exam or age criteria for this Diploma level course.
After this Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics via distance, students can work in health clubs, Nursing, care faculty, food manufacturing labs etc. There are multiple colleges and universities which are offering this Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education. Candidates seeking admission to this distance diploma program have to choose the University and have to apply for admission by visiting the official website of the university chosen by him/her.
IGNOU has opened admission for the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics distance education program for the July 2023 session. The application form submission deadline is 31 August 2023. The application form is available online at the IGNOU website. This article provides information of the Admission process, Fees, Eligibility criteria, and Career prospects.
- Students who have passed their 12th class can apply for getting admission into the distance Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics if they have scored a minimum of 50% score in their 12th class.
- The selection process of students getting admission to this course is done directly after the applicant’s previous qualifications in most universities or institutions.
Fee Structure: The average fee asked by institutions for pursuing Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics distance course generally ranges from INR 3,000 – INR 20,000 per annum.
Scope: The scope for students enrolling in Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics distance learning course is comparable higher when they gain all the essential knowledge in the prescribed manner. The students get to apply for jobs in various medical sectors, jobs, the food industry, etc.
Jobs: Some of the job profiles offered to applicants after passing the Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics distance education course include a dietitian, food scientist, sports nutritionist, clinical nutritionist, food service nutritionist, etc.
Salary: The average salary package that an applicant can grab on passing Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics distance course generally gets from INR 2 LPA to INR 4 LPA.
Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Diploma|
|Full-Form of Course||Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||12th in the science stream|
|Average Course Fees||INR 3,000 – INR 20,000 per annum|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 2 LPA – INR 4 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Nutrition specialist, Dietician, Nutrition Consultant|
Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Admission 2023
Numerous Universities have opened their admission window for the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics distance education program. Candidates looking for admission to this distance diploma program can apply for admission before the admission deadline by visiting the official website of the university chosen by them. In order to register for the distance Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics, students must score at least 50% on the test. After taking this course, applicants will be able to learn valuable information and skills that will enable them to start their bright careers.
Eligibility for Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
If a person wants to enrol in a Diploma Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education course, they must meet the minimum requirements set by the university. Some of the basic requirements are:
- Students who want to take this course must have completed their 12th standard education.
- The applicants’ previous qualifications from a recognized institution must have earned them a score of at least 50%.
- Applicants do not have to take an entrance exam to get into this course.
Why Study for Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education?
- Students from the working world are interested in the diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education program because it doesn’t require them to change their daily lives.
- The Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education program is very popular for many reasons, such as the fact that students can save time and money and study from anywhere.
- The plus point of this course is flexible timing, and in this distance course, students can easily schedule classes according to their own time management. Students also can pursue this while they are doing their jobs.
- The fee structure is also low compared to the regular courses. Students have to pay average fees, which start from INR 3,000 – INR 20,000 per annum.
Advantages of Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
Students who are willing to get admission in Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics distance mode course will be able to get several advantages as listed below:
- Students get to cover all the important topics related to this discipline with the help of an updated curriculum and study materials.
- The students will be able to enhance their knowledge and skills with the help of technology and tech-friendly study mode.
- Applicants could pursue a dual degree after enrolling in this course.
- Opting for this course is an opportunity for students pursuing a regular mode job and aspiring to increase their jobs.
- The average fee an applicant must pay for pursuing this course generally gets lower when compared with the regular mode.
Scope of Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
After passing a distance Diploma Nutrition & Dietetics course, the students will be able to grab higher job options in front of them, making it possible for them to increase their career jobs. There are numerous job profiles that an applicant can opt to grab upon passing this course, and some of them are:
- Diet Technician,
- Food Researcher,
- Food Safety Auditor,
- Nutritional Therapist,
- Food Processing Manager, etc.
Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Graduates Salary
The salary of someone with a Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education depends on their chosen field. In India, a person’s pay depends on their experience, where they work, and what company they work for.
Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education graduates can increase their salaries by doing internships, which would also give them more experience. Graduates with a Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education job make an average of between INR 2.5 and INR 6.5 LPA. One who wants to get a job abroad will have a vast scope and various opportunities to get a job in several multinational companies which provide a handsome salary package.
Skills Required for Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education graduates need to have a lot of hard and soft skills to do well in their careers. These aren’t always things that students can learn in the classroom. Instead, these are skills that you pick up as you go.
Students should always try to get out of their comfort zones and get as much experience as they can. Here are some of these skills:
- Skills for analyzing numbers
- How to do research
- Skills for analyzing
- Being able to work well under stress
- Interpersonal Skills
Q.1 Can I become a nutritionist with a diploma?
Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Distance is the best choice for those who become a nutritionist.
Q.2 Is Distance Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Valid or Not?
Yes! This Distance Diploma course is valid and approved by UGC.
Q.3 Can I do Distance Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics course after the 10th?
Yes! Some of the Universities and Institutes offer this course via Distance learning after 10th.
Q.4 What is the course fee of Diploma Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education?
Ans: The Diploma Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education course fee varies on universities. The average course fee for this diploma program in India is between INR 3,000 to INR 20,000 (Per Year).
Q.5 What is the duration of the Diploma Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education program?
Ans: The duration of Diploma Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education is one year.
Q.6 Can I get a job after Diploma in dietetics & nutrition distance education?
Ans: Candidates who have successfully completed a dietetics and nutrition diploma program online are qualified to apply for standard positions. The top employment profiles, such as those of a food scientist, dietician, professor, process development officer, nutrition specialist, etc., are all open to applicants with this diploma program.