Diploma in Tourism Distance Education: A diploma in tourism is a 1-year course at the diploma level. It is suitable for students who have an interest in tourism and hospitality. The course fee ranges from INR 10,000/- to INR 2,00,000/- per annum; the minimum average salary is about INR 2.5 L.
- IGNOU Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Studies registration ends on 10 August 2023. Source
- For the July 2023 session, TNOU has begun accepting applications for its distance Diploma in Tourism programs. Source
The basic eligibility criterion to pursue the diploma in tourism distance education course is a 12th pass from a recognized board. There is no fixed educational stream to pursue this course. Students from any stream can do it. The admission process is based on the Merit-Based/Entrance Exam.
A diploma in tourism covers subjects like travel and tour management, hospitality, tourism products, culture, etc. One can build a career as a tour operator, travel agent, travel consultant, cabin crew, hotel manager, etc., after completing the diploma in tourism in distance learning.
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Type of Course||Diploma|
|Full-Form of Course||Diploma in Tourism|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||1 Year.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 – INR 2,00,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||PG Diploma in Event Management, Bachelor in Tourism, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 2.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Tour Operator, Travel Consultant, Tour Manager, Travel Analyst, Travel Planner, Program Analyst, etc.|
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission to the diploma in tourism distance education program typically remains open for two sessions for the entire year. The sessions of admission are generally called January and July. Admission to the one-year tourism course can be taken offline and online.
The diploma program candidates would learn tourism concept & impact, airfare & ticketing, travel agency, & transport, etc. The tourism program is mainly taught theoretically. However, live examples in the form of practicals are also incorporated.
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education admission can be taken at any of the following universities: IGNOU, University of Kashmir DDE, etc.
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Eligibility
The admission eligibility for the diploma in tourism distance education program is mentioned in the following section.
- 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board in India.
- Any stream candidates can apply to the Diploma in Tourism Distance Education program.
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Fee
The cost of a distance learning diploma in tourism varies from university to university.
- The minimum average fee of the Diploma program in Tourism DDE is INR 4500.
- Candidates must pay a maximum average fee of INR 32000 to enroll in the Diploma in Tourism DDE program.
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Step 1. Go to the official website for admission to the college.
Step 2. Candidates can get admission by filling out the online application form.
Step 3. In the application form, applicants must fill in all the correct details.
Step 4. Application forms with errors will be rejected.
Step 5. Payment for the application fee + entrance exam fee can be made by net banking.
Step 6. The candidates can make payments through a bank e-challan.
Step 7. The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration.
Documents Required for Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Admission
- Aadhar card
- 10+2 certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Syllabus
|Subjects of Study|
|Foundation Course in Tourism||Indian Culture: Perspective for Tourism||Project on Ecology, Environment, and Tourism|
|Tourism Development: Products, Operations, and Case Studies||Project on Indian Culture: A Perspective for Tourism||Tourism Marketing|
|Management in Tourism||Ecology, Environment, and Tourism||Project on Tourism Marketing|
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Benefits
- With the help of the Diploma in Tourism Distance Education program, students can go into sales, marketing, tour planning, and guiding, among other jobs in the tourism industry.
- They can go to graduate school in their field of choice to move up in their careers as teachers and speakers.
- They could also work for airlines in sales and marketing, customer service, flight attendants, or flight pursers.
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Employment Areas
- Hotels & Resorts
- Educational Institutes
- Hospitality Consultancy
- Private Clinics
- Tourism Companies
Diploma in Tourism Distance Education Jobs Profile
- Marketing Assistant Manager
- Assist. Operation Manager
- Counter Sales Executive
- Assistant Placement Manager
- Key Account Manager
- Associate Executive
- Placement Coordinator