MA Sanskrit Distance Education: MA Sanskrit is a program which is a duration of 2 years and focuses on Vedic & Sanskrit grammar, Indian Philosophy, literature, and ethics. This postgraduation program teaches students about the knowledge of Sanskrit literature, drama, and Classical Literature. Students must complete a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in Sanskrit or an equivalent discipline in order to be eligible for the MA Sanskrit program. The course fee ranges between Rs 10,000 and 1 Lakh per year.
Graduates of the MA Sanskrit program can work in job profiles as translators, typists, teachers, interpreters of Sanskrit, etc. The lowest salary is about INR 3.5 LPA per year.
- IGNOU released the online application for the MA Sanskrit distance learning program for the July 2023 session. The last date to submit the registration is 30 September 2023. Click Here
- ANUCDE is inviting applications for the distance MA Sanskrit program for a session 2023-24. The last date is extended till 30 September 2023. Click Here
The following are major points for eligibility for MA Sanskrit Distance admissions.
- To be eligible for admission to the distance MA Sanskrit program, applicants must hold a UG degree in a comparable discipline.
- The requirement of a minimum of 50% marks in an undergraduate degree program is to be admission to this course.
Applicants will be enrolled in the MA Sanskrit program based on their success in the admissions officials’ entrance examinations or their achievement in the undergraduate degree exams.
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Master|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Arts in Sanskrit|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institution|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 – INR 1,00,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor in Sanskrit, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Sanskrit Interpreter, Translator, Teacher, etc.|
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Admission 2023
Master of Arts in Sanskrit is a two years duration program. A large number of universities from all over India open their admission window every year for distance MA Sanskrit programs. Some universities take merit-based admission, while for some universities, candidates must face an entrance exam.
Candidates with an education degree with 50-55% marks from a recognized university can apply for this master’s program. There is no specific age limit to apply for admission. MA Sanskrit, distance education course fees, vary on the University; the average course fee is between INR 10,000 – INR 1,00,000 per annum.
Eligibility for MA Sanskrit Distance Education
The minimum eligibility criteria for students who want to pursue an MA Sanskrit Distance Education are given below
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant stream from a recognized university.
- Minimum aggregate of 50% marks scores in the Bachelor’s degree examination.
- To complete this course from distance mode, a minimum of 2 years of duration is required.
- Based on the candidate’s merit in the Bachelor’s degree examination, admission through correspondence mode will be made.
- Admission to this course is open to all ages who meet the eligibility criteria.
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
There are various universities that provide admission to M.A. Sanskrit Distance Education. Applicants who are looking to pursue an MA Sanskrit course at a distance must complete the admission process in the proper manner without any errors.
- In order to apply for admission, applicants have to visit the official website of the university or college that applicants are looking for.
- To apply for the admission application form, first, Applicants have to visit the official website of the college/university.
- After visiting the official website of the college/university, go through the admission portal to sign in for the admission portal.
- The candidate can also make payment through bank e-challan as an offline mode option.
- The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration only once the fees are paid successfully.
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Requirements of Documents for Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate.
- Adhaar Card is required for verification.
- Pan card.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Passport Size Photo.
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Vedic hymns (The following hymns of the Rigveda-Samhita with Sayana’s commentary): RK Samhita: 1.1, 1.35, 1.154, II. 33, X.90||RK Samhita (The following hymns of Rg Veda Samhita with Sayana’s commentary): RK Samhita – 1.2, 1.3,1.4,6.64,7.86,10.129|
|Atmabodha Prakaranam of Acharya Sankaran||Samkhya Arika|
|Sanskrit Philology||History of Vedic Literature|
|History of Classical Sanskrit Literature||Vyakarana Siddhantakaumudi (Purvardha) Samjna, Paribhasa, Ac Sandhi [up to Prakrtibhava]|
|Ashokan Edicts: Rock Edicts –III, IV, V, VI, XII, XIII Nirukta (1.1 –1.14)||Sahityadarpana (Chapter –1, 2) Sahityadarpana (Chapter –3 up to Rasanirupana)|
|History of Sanskrit Grammar Harsacaritam (Ucchavsa-5)||Bhasapariccheda (Pratyksa Khanda only)|
|Kautilya’s Arthasastra Adhikarana II – Chapters 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 35,36||Sayana’s Rgvedabhasyopakramanika Ashokan Edicts: Pillar Edicts – IV, VII|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Vyakarana Siddhantakaumudi (Uttarardha) Bhwadi only||Dhvanyaloka (1st Udyog only)|
|Patanjali’s Mahabhasya (Paspasa only)||Naisadhacaritam (Ninth Canto only)|
|Yajnavalkya – Smriti (Vyavaharadhyaya)||Dasarupaka (I to III)|
|Research Methodology & Manuscript Ology||Kavyaprakasa (I –V Chapter)|
|Bhasapariccheda (Anuman, Upaman & Sabda-khanda With Muktavali &Mananirupana)||Rasa Gangadhara- (I Amana, up to Classification of poetry)|
|Mrcchakatika (V – X), Prakrtprakasa (I, II||Project|
MA Sanskrit Distance Education IGNOU
The admission process of IGNOU is now open for the MA Sanskrit distance learning program for the session 2023. The last date to register for application for the program is 30 September 2023. Indira Gandhi National Open University opens its admission window twice a year for the distance MA Sanskrit program. It’s a master’s degree program offered by IGNOU. To apply for admission to this program, candidates must pass graduation in Sanskrit or its equitant with at least 50% marks from a recognized university in India. IGNOU charges INR 14,000 for the district MA Sanskrit program.
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Madras University
Madras University is located in Tamil Nadu and is also known to offer an MA Sanskrit distance education program. Students seeking admission to the Master of Arts in Sanskrit at Madras University can apply till 30 September 2023. The University is accepting admission for the July 2023 session.
The application form is available on the official website. Students and working professionals are invited to apply at any age after completing graduation with at least 50% marks from a recognized University. The University of Madras charges INR 7,663 annually, and students do not have to face any entrance exam for admission.
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Employment Area
- Event Management Agencies
- Data Entry Centres
- Government Offices
- Educational Institutes
- Coaching Centres
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Job Type
- Swasth Britt and Shalakya Tantra Lecturer
- Sanskrit Typist
- Training Officer Hindi
- Home Tutor
- Sanskrit Teacher
- Online Transcript
- Official Language Officer
MA Sanskrit Distance Education Future Scope
Many employment choices are available to those who have earned their post-graduation Sanskrit degree. Following are the career prospects for M.A Sanskrit Distance Education students:
Higher Education: After completing the MA Sanskrit Distance Education program, students can pursue further study and research possibilities. They have the following possibilities for higher education:
- B.Ed. : B.Ed degree programs are a good option for students who want to be teachers in public or private schools. It can provide them with the knowledge they need for teaching at various grade levels.
- M.Phil. : The MA Sanskrit program enables students to pursue an M.Phil. degree in the relevant field. The course will allow them to learn the subject deeply and intensively, as well as conduct academic research.
- Ph.D.: Depending on their areas of interest, students may also enroll in Ph.D. programs in the relevant fields. This opens up a tonne of opportunities for future jobs with higher pay grades along with thorough study and studies on the issue.
- Competitive Exams: Students who have earned their post-graduate degree in Sanskrit are eligible to take a variety of competitive exams for positions with the government.
- Junior Research Fellowship: Students may also apply for the NTA-UGC NET-JRF, which will give them the opportunity to pursue research opportunities at prestigious universities as well as make them eligible for employment as Assistant Professors in Indian colleges and universities.
Students would therefore be able to select a career based on their talents and areas of interest after completing the MA Sanskrit degree. You have the option of pursuing higher education or choosing a respectable profession.