BA English Distance Education is a three to six-year duration program offered by various UGC-DEB-approved universities in India. This course focuses on the ancient Anglo-Saxon period till the postmodern era. In this course, students study English literature, novels, and language history professionally. Students who want to apply to this must have passed the 12th board. The cost is between INR 10,000 and INR 30,000 per year.
The Open & Distance Learning (ODL) program Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English covers a wide range of topics in its syllabus, such as Romantics, Renaissance, Elizabethan, Victorian, and Modern times. Students who finish this course can go on to work as content writers, English teachers, scriptwriters, etc.
It is a course for first-year college students, and after finishing this degree, you can also start an MA English program. It is an advanced program for learning at a distance that has been updated for the 21st century.
- The last date to submit an online application form for IGNOU BA English distance education admission is 30 September 2023. Source
- Pondicherry University extended the date of application for BA English distance education. Students can apply till 30 September 2023. Source
- Calicut University has extended the last day to apply for a BA English program, now last date will be 30 September 2023. Source
- Lovely Professional University is offering the admission to BA English program and the last date to fill out the online application form is 30 September 2023 (Tentative). Source
The time to complete a BA English program in distance learning is three years. One can apply for it after passing the 12th class.
Admission into the BA English Distance Education requires every individual to first obtain a 10+2 standard qualification linked to a known institute with a 50% aggregate score.
Approximately INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 is the tuition cost charged for the BA distance course as per each institute’s fee structure policy.
BA English Distance Education program has a broad scope with a lot of job opportunities. After completing the program, one can become a content writer, teacher, civil servant, journalist, translator, etc.
One can earn a handsome salary package after finishing the BA in English through distance mode. The average salary can be INR 3.5 LPA in the beginning.
There will be direct entries through the merit process into the distance BA program.
BA English Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Arts in English|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||Rs. 10,000 – Rs.30,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||BA English Literature|
|Average Salary Offered||Rs.3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Content Writer, Translator, etc.|
Is Distance BA English Worth it?
Yes, BA English Distance Education is worth it if you get this course in a better way from UGC-recognized or top colleges in India.
- Skills: Oral, written, and communication abilities in English are the main topics of this course. These strategies will aid students in acclimating to the English language environment.
- Time Flexibility: Additionally, the BA English Distance program saves time. You have a job and a class schedule, so you don’t have time to study anything new, but you want to expand your knowledge and skills.
- Fee and cost: For the whole course, the average tuition for this BA English Distance Education degree is between INR 10,000 to INR 30,000. The cost of pursuing a BA in English in Regular mode is more than that.
- Earn While You Learn: Through distance learning BA English program, you can also do a side job for earnings because this distance course does not need any physical appearance.
BA English Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission to BA English correspondence course has been started at several UGC-DEB-approved universities for the academic year session 2023-24. Eligible candidates can apply by visiting the official website of their desired university before the last date which is variable for different universities.
Various Universities like DU SOL, IGNOU, Calicut University, Madurai Kamraj University, Kurukshetra University, VMOU, Jain University, Mahatma Gandhi University, and more invited online/offline application forms for admission to the BA English distance education program for the academic year session 2023-24.
Eligibility for BA English Distance Education
The minimum entry requirements to pursue a Distance BA English program are as follows, which are accepted by most universities:
- One must have completed 12th from a recognized board.
- Must have scored 50% marks in 12th class.
- Any stream student can apply.
BA English Distance Education Fee
The one-year course fees for BA English distance education in central/state-administered universities are amounts between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 30,000 rupees are required annually at private universities.
BA English Distance Education Application Form
Admission to the BA English program in distance mode at a university starts with the filling of an online application form. Generally, the university provides an application form on its official website. Students should fill out all details in the form carefully. The application form may be rejected if the details filled in the form are found incorrect.
BA English Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- For admission to this course, the first candidate has to go through the official site of the college/university.
- Candidates first have to fill out the admission application form; after that, check the preview of the filled application form.
- The candidate is free to pay an application fee through the online payment portal by debit/credit card or by BHIM UPI.
- After completing of filling out the application form applicant has to take a printout of the fee receipt.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Why BA English Distance Education is the Right Choice?
- BA English Distance Education is one of the most preferred courses of the students among UG courses.
- This course provides students with brief knowledge about communication skills and how to present themselves in front of the public.
- This course deals with the development of English more than grammar and vocabulary.
- After completing a BA in English Distance Education, the students can go for PG courses if they want to.
- The jobs opportunity for the students is created in various fields like teaching lines, journalism, mass communication, marketing & advertising, etc.
BA English Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus of BA English is prepared by focusing on every topic that the student in their professional career needs. Here we have prepared an overview of the syllabus of the course provided by the different universities:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|History of English Literature||Rhetoric & Prosody and the Literary Forms|
|Readings in Gender and Sexuality||Victorian Literature|
|Women’s Writings||Creative Writing|
|Contemporary Fiction||European Literature|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Indian Writing in English||Renaissance to Restoration|
|Renaissance Texts||Research & Criticism|
|Literature, Language, and Media||British Literature: The Early 20th Century|
|Postcolonial Literature||Augustan to Romantic|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Victorian and Modern Literature||Writings in English from Northeast India|
|Literary Criticism||Texts of Popular Culture|
|American Literature||World Literature|
|South Asian Literature in English and in English Translation||Introduction to Mass Communication and Media Studies|
Top 10 Distance BA Colleges in India
In India, there are numerous BA correspondence universities with the resources and infrastructure to offer students distance learning and education. These BA correspondence schools have made sure to design a structure that benefits the students. The following are India’s top 10 colleges offering BA Correspondence:
|Name Of The Distance BA Colleges|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University||Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Annamalai University|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||Tamil Nadu Open University|
|Amity Online School, Noida||Sri Venkateswara University Directorate of Distance Education|
|Delhi University||Chethana Educational Trust|
SOL DU BA English Admission 2023
Delhi University, School of Open Learning, is offering is accepting the online application form BA in English program in distance learning mode. The last date to submit the application to register is 30 September 2023. Students who have scored approx. 55% of 10+2 are eligible to apply for distance BA English courses. The duration of the program is about 3 years to a maximum of 6 years. The conduction of the exam takes place in a semester-wise system.
IGNOU BA English Admission 2023
IGNOU application form is going on for the July 2023 cycle and the admission deadline to register is 30 September 2023. Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the most known and easy-to-visit universities. Students who prefer to graduate through distance mode, so they mainly prefer IGNOU to take admission, can apply online by filling out an application form.
The basic fee of this course for those students who want to pursue this from IGNOU is INR 17,000. After completing a BA in English, students can also apply for a Master’s for the same course.
BA English Distance Education Madras University
Madras University is inviting applications for the BA English distance education program for the July 2023 session. Those who passed the 12th examination with at least 50% marks from a recognized board are invited to apply.
The last date is extended for all programs up to 30 September 2023, and the application form can be filled out from the official website of Madras University only. BA English distance education program application fee at Madras University is INR 200, while the course fee is INR 5,120 per year.
BA English Distance Education, Calicut University
Admission process for the BA courses is going on at Calicut university, candidates looking for admission to BA English distance education can apply at this university before the deadline 30 September 2023.
This university conduct admission to its distance learning courses for both January & July sessions. Candidates who have passed their HSE (12th) from a recognized board are eligible to apply for admission to this programme.
BA English Distance Education Bharathiar University
BA English distance learning program is offered at Bharathiar University for students. This course teaches students about English literature history, cultural studies, and the works of English authors. Interested students apply for this course all over India. The minimum eligibility to take admission in the course is 12th class with minimum marks of 50%.
BA English Distance Education in Kerala
In Kerala, only three universities are offering distance education. Students can apply for BA English courses in distance mode at Calicut University, Sreenarayanaguru Open University, and the University of Kerala according to their interests. The admission will be based on merit list criteria and there will be no entrance exam. Only eligible candidates can apply.
Benefits of BA English Distance Education
Candidates have a wide range of job opportunities, including those as tourist guides in travel organizations and an interpreter/translators in government institutions such as foreign embassies and the Ministry of External Affairs.
Graduates can also find a variety of jobs in the entertainment industry, public relations, mass media, KPOs, and BPOs.
Higher classes also have possibilities for additional study.
BA English Distance Education Skills Required
People seeking professions in journalism or education receive a career boost from the BA English course. Additionally, it opens up a wide range of job chances at numerous foreign organizations for prospective authors and translators.
Following are some of the competencies expected by BA English graduates:
- Critical Reasoning Skills
- Creative Skills
- Data Interpretation/ Research
- Analytical Skills
BA English Distance Education Job Prospects and Career Options
After earning a BA in English, two alternatives are there before a candidate: finding employment or continuing your studies.
- Graduates with a BA in English can find employment in the commercial and public sectors in MNCs, publishing houses, media companies, and other businesses.
- Content writers, copywriters, professors, journalists, editors, proofreaders, human resources managers, etc., are a few job categories for which graduates are hired.
For BA English grads, there are numerous job opportunities. Many different industries and areas offer work opportunities. The following are some of the most well-known job profiles:
- Content Writer
- Script Writer
BA English Distance Education Salary
The salary for a BA in English goes from INR 3 to 7 LPA. The income of a BA graduate can change based on the applicant’s chosen concentration. The pay varies based on whether the job is in the private or public field and how well-known it is. BA English salary in India can also be affected by experience, amount of knowledge, location, grades, skills gained, and area of specialization. Internships help students earn more money when they graduate because they give students more experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Which BA course is best for Distance Education?
Ans: BA courses are available in different specializations and students can choose according to their interests. BA English distance education is the most opted course by Arts students.
Q.2 Is a Distance BA degree valid?
Ans: Yes, the Distance BA degree is valid and approved by UGC and DEB.
Q.3 How can I do BA in English?
Ans: Students who have completed their 12th-class education from any recognized board can apply for the BA English courses in universities.
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.