MSc Biotechnology Distance Education 2023: Distance MSc Biotechnology is a specialized course with 2 to 4 years of duration. To apply for this course, students must have their UG degree in Biotechnology (BTech in Biotechnology, BSc in Biotechnology, etc.) with a 45% score from a recognized University.
Via distance learning mode, MSc Biotechnology programs are available in India. In the MSc Biotechnology distance learning, courses include bioinformatics, cell biology, microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, and so on. The goal of this course is to teach students everything they need to know to have a successful and well-known career.
This course has the same validity as Regular PG courses in India. MSc Biotechnology Distance Education is approved by UGC (University Grant Commission). Apart from this, students can also opt for the same Jobs as Regular degree students.
After this MSc Biotechnology Distance Education course, students can work as biomedical engineers, biochemistry, senior medical scientists, microbiologists, etc. Students can get an average salary that starts from INR 4.5-6 Lac per annum in India. Job Salary and Position totally depend on the student’s skills and level of knowledge in Biotechnology domains.
This Article discloses all the details of MSc Biotechnology Distance Education, including fees, eligibility, Admission process, scope, and so on. Students check the section below for more details.
- Calicut University’s distance education program for MSc admissions is due on 30 September 2023. Source
- For the 2023 session, Amity University’s MSc Biotechnology distance learning program application deadline is 30 September 2023 (tentative).
- The application deadline for the distance MSc program at Mumbai University IDOL is 22 September 2023, with a late fee of Rs 150/-. Source
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
The average fee that is required to be paid by the applicants in the process to gain admission in MSc Biotechnology distance education is around INR 24,000 to INR 49,500 per annum based on the university’s program structure.
Those candidates who have a UG degree with 45% are required to apply for this MSc Biotechnology Distance Education.
After completing the MSc Biotechnology distance course, graduates can pursue job options like biotechnologist, food scientist, food researcher, & more.
The average salary package offered to applicants after pursuing the MSc Biotechnology distance education course is from INR 4.5 LPA to INR 6 LPA.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Admission 2023 Highlights
|Type of Course||Master’s Degree Course|
|Full-Form of Course||Masters of Science in Biotechnology|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||BSc in relevant subjects|
|Average Course Fees||INR 24,000 – INR 49,500 per annum|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4.5-6 Lac per annum|
|Employment Roles||Microbiologist, Technician, Biochemist, etc.|
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Admission 2023
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education is a higher degree than the BSc in Biotechnology. It provides students with a more focused study of fields like Bioinformatics, advanced biological chemistry, genomics, proteomics, biochemical techniques, and many others. Eligible students can reach UGC, and DEB-authorized universities, such as ANU, Andhra University, etc., to apply for the MSc Biotechnology DDE program.
Admission to the MSc Biotechnology Distance Education course is yet to make its way to students in the 2023 session. Candidates must wait a few more days to see the gates for admission. The admission closing date typically occurs a month or two after admission begins.
Eligibility for MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
When students seek admission to the MSc Biotechnology distance education course, they are asked to fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements for admission. Some of the significant requirements asked by universities are:
- The aspiring applicant must have passed a graduation-level course from a recognized institution.
- The applicant needs a minimum of 45% score in their previous qualification.
- No age criteria are listed for admission in this course by any of the universities.
- In some universities, students will be selected after comparing their previous qualifications.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Fee
State, central, or private universities will need an annual/yearly fee ranging from INR 24,000 to INR 49,500 for the MSc Biotechnology distance learning program. The fee can be found on the prospectus of the university.
Benefits of MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
When an applicant applies for admission to the MSc Biotechnology distance education course, they get numerous benefits and advantages that help them develop their careers. Some of the benefits of the MSc Biotechnology distance education course are:
- The applicant will be provided with their study materials by the university via online modes.
- The students, after pursuing this course, would be more tech-friendly and be able to meet with the latest technology easily.
- The curriculum and study material used in the system is updated regularly by the universities.
- In some universities, digital-mode classes are conducted to help students understand the course curriculum better.
- There are no compulsory classes; therefore, the applicants will be able to study according to their timetable and schedule of their comfort.
- There is a possibility of pursuing a regular mode job along with this MSc Biotechnology Distance Education that will increase their professional knowledge along with their educational knowledge.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Admission Process
The applicants for admission in the distance MSc Biotechnology course are required to apply for the course by following the correct process of application as listed below:
- The aspiring applicant for admission should look out to the official website of the university they are aspiring for admission.
- Fill out the registration form listed at the university’s admission portal with the basic details like name, address, and parental information.
- Create a login credential to get access to the application form for admission.
- In the application form, fill out all the information in the manner it is asked and also upload the scanned images of documents in the size structure illustrated in the form submission guidelines.
- Now, the applicants need to pay their registration fee, which can be paid by using online modes of payment like net banking, UPI, etc.
- Download the confirmation details of the application fee submission for future use.
- The applicants will receive the confirmation details and the status of their application at the login details provided by them in the form.
Required Documents for MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Admission
Students have to bring the listed necessary documents while admission to the Distance MSc Biotechnology degree course:-
- 10th & 12th Marksheet
- Graduation Certificates
- Aadhar card
- Pan card
- Date of Birth Certificate (DOB)
- Transfer Certificate
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education in India
Biotechnology is a field of Medical Science. Candidates can learn the different modern techniques of treating Organisms for human betterment. It gives knowledge to Students about the application of biotechnology. There are many Universities, Colleges, and Institutes in India that provide MSc Biotechnology in Distance mode to Students.
Students can complete the course in a time period of 2 years. There is no entrance exam required for admission to the MSc in Biotechnology course in distance mode. Universities in India are offering the course at an affordable fee.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education in Tamilnadu
The MSc Biotechnology course is offered by several colleges in India through distance learning. In Tamilnadu, there are a lot of well-known universities that offer MSc Biotechnology distance courses. Students from Tamil Nadu who want to take an MSc Biotechnology course at a distance can apply to these universities. Students with a BSc in Biotechnology are often interested in getting an MSc in Biotechnology. Before applying for admission, one must make sure they meet the standards.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education in Chennai
If Students want to complete MSc Biotechnology distance learning from Chennai, there are many popular Universities that provide MSc Biotechnology distance courses. Interested Individuals need to check all the requirements and fee structure of the College or University before taking the course.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Syllabus
The following subjects are taught to students in the MSc Biotechnology distance course:
|Food Technology||Cell Biology|
|Animal Biotechnology||Pharmaceutical Biotechnology|
|Plant Biotechnology||Enzyme Technology|
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Top Colleges in India
Students who want to learn about applications related to science can take M.Sc. Biotechnology program at some of India’s best universities. Below is a list of the best MSc biotechnology open universities in India:
|Jamia Hamdard University||University of Hyderabad|
|JNU||National Dairy Research Institute|
|BHU||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|University of Hyderabad||University of Mumbai|
|Calcutta University||IIT Madras|
Scope of MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
The MSc Biotechnology Distance Education course will enhance students’ opportunities for a successful and bright career as the scope for them after completing this course is vast. This course can lead to admission into the following job profiles:
- Biomanufacturing Specialist.
- Biotech Product Analyst.
- Biomedical Engineer.
- Senior Biochemist.
- Process Development Scientist.
- Senior Medical Scientist.
- Biological/Clinical Technician,
- Senior Research Associate
- Research Scientists etc.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Salary
For graduates with an MSc in Biotechnology, salary depends on the basis of location, experience, skills, etc. Also, many other factors are responsible. The specialist degree holders of the MSc Biotechnology Distance Education course may get an average starting salary of INR 6.8 LPA to INR 13.5 LPA.
Placement after MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
Specialist degree holders of the MSc Biotechnology Distance Education program have outstanding opportunities in the Medical Industries. Candidates will work in some of the top companies of the world listed below:
- Bharat Serum
- Panacea Biotech
- Johnson & Johnson
- Serum Institute of India
Career Options After MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
With a Master’s in Biotechnology, students can work in a wide range of science and biology fields. The field of biotechnology is growing quickly. Students in India who get an MSc in Biotechnology through distance learning can apply for entry-level jobs in both the private and public industries.
Students with an MSc in biotechnology who study at a distance have a lot of job opportunities and a bright future. The course involves improving a lot of various devices and networks.
- Research & Development
- Food Technology
Postgraduates with an M.Sc in Biotechnology can work in the following positions:
- Research Associate
- Data Scientist
- Assistant Professor
- Research Scientist
- Quality Control Analyst
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Can MSc Biotechnology be done in distance education?
Ans: Yes, MSc in Biotechnology can be done in distance mode. The course has been approved by UGC-DEB.
Ques: Does Ignou provide an MSc in Biotechnology?
Ans: No, IGNOU does not provide an MSc in Biotechnology through distance mode.