MSc Electronics Distance Education?: Before enrolling or searching for a university for admission to the MSc Electronics distance learning course, students must check the UGC-approved distance education courses list 2023-24. When you check this list you will find that no university is offering MSc Electronics through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
One reason behind this is that this course is not approved by UGC-DEB in distance mode. Since the course is based on practical training hence the physical presence of the students is mandatory.
Therefore students can pursue this course only in a regular mode of learning to which details are as follows:
- Course Name: Master of Science Electronics
- Duration: The 2-year course of MSc Electronics is divided into 4 equal semesters that help an applicant learn about the curriculum in a properly divided pattern for better understanding.
- Eligibility Criteria: For applying for this MSc Electronics Distance Education, students must have passed a BSc degree in a relevant stream through UGC recognised university. 40% is a minimum requirement in their previous degree.
- Fee Structure: The average curriculum charged to the applicants after enrolling in this course generally stays between INR 25,000 – INR 60,000 per annum.
- Career Option: There are numerous sectors in which students get to apply for jobs after passing the MSc Electronics Distance Education course, such as IT companies, government agencies, software industries, etc. Students can work as Senior electronics managers, Electronics in charge, Maintenance managers, etc.
MSc Electronics Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Master’s|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Science in Electronics|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||40%|
|Eligibility||BSc in relevant subjects|
|Average Course Fees||INR 25,000 – INR 60,000 per annum|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 LPA – INR 4.8 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Electronics charge, Maintenance manager, etc|
MSc Electronics Distance Education Admission?
The admission portals have been opened by multiple universities for taking admission into the MSc Electronics course for the academic session 2023. An aspiring student needs to visit the official website of the university and fill out the registration form in the process of applying for admission.
It is suggested that the applicant must first ensure that they have passed their graduation from a recognized institution or university with a minimum of 40% score prior to filling out the application form. The selection process of students seeking admission into this course will be done directly after comparing their previous qualifications.
Eligibility for MSc Electronics
Students who are aspiring for admission in the M.Sc Electronics course will be required to complete the minimum eligibility conditions for admission, such as:
- The aspirants for admission are needed to have passed their B.Sc. in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution,
- A minimum of 40% score is needed from the applicant in their previous qualification,
- The students won’t be required to appear for any entrance exam to get selected for admission to this course,
- No specific age requirements are listed by universities for admission into distance M.Sc. Electronics courses.
Fee for MSc Electronics
- The fee for MSc Electronics Distance Education varies from INR 25,000 to INR 60,000 per annum.
- Students can pay the fee online through UPI, Bank Challan, and Internet Banking.
- The fee is not the same for all universities. It can be changed from one university to another.
Benefits of MSc Electronics Distance Education
When applicants apply for admission to the MSc Electronics Distance learning course, they are eligible for numerous benefits offered to students. Some of the benefits of this course are:
- Aspiring students will be able to gain a complete education in this discipline with the help of the highlighted and advanced curriculum used in the course.
- After enrolling in this course, students will be able to grab the information without even being required to appear for any regular or time-bound mandatory classes.
- The applicants grab the educational degree without sacrificing their regular mode job.
- The course’s curriculum is updated regularly, providing the latest information to the students.
- The option of dual degree courses is open for applicants when they apply for the MSc Electronics Distance Education course.
MSc Electronics Application Form
Online application forms can be found on the official website of the university. Students should fill out the form on or before the last date of admission. For offline admission, students have to visit the university. Important details like the student’s name, birth date, and educational marks must be according to the educational certificates.
MSc Electronics Admission Process 2023
Students looking to apply for admission to this course will need to fill out the registration form released by the university at their official portals. For the process of admission it is needed that the applicants must complete the registration process in the correct process as detailed below:
- Visit the university’s official website if you are aspiring for admission.
- Select the link stating “admission form.”
- Complete the primary process of registration and create login credentials.
- By using the login credentials, you will be able to get access to the registration form listed for admission.
- Now fill out the application form with the correct information and make sure that the documents you are uploading are scanned properly and their image size must follow the criteria announced for form submission.
- The applicant can now submit the application fee by clicking on the “application fee submission” button.
- Download the receipt for the submission of the application fee.
- The students will be provided with the confirmation details of their form submission via the contact details listed in the form.
MSc Electronics Distance Education Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Mathematics & Computational Methods in Electronics||Digital circuits|
|Electronics instrumentation||Architecture & Programming|
|Electronic Communication||CAD & Hardware description language|
|Analog circuit design||Materials and Physics for VLSI|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Microwave and optoelectronic device||Project|
|CAD tools||Viva voce|
|Optical fiber communication|
MSc Electronics Colleges in India
Students can grow in their skills and knowledge after completing the MSc Electronics course from numerous Universities. Some of the popular and reputed universities are given below. Students can be admitted to colleges/universities and land in reputed job profiles.
- University of Madras
- Delhi University
- Jadavpur University
- Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Mount Carmel College
- Calcutta University
- Bharathiar University
- The Oxford College of Science
Scope of MSc Electronics
MSc Electronics course tends to increase the future scope for the students with the help of highlighted skills offered to the students in this course. The applicants get to develop their careers in various industries and organizations related to the electronic discipline.
On passing these courses students will be able to grab average salary packages from INR 3 LPA – INR 4.8 LPA that can differ according to the job roles opted by the applicant or the skills possessed by them.
Some of the job profiles that are offered to applicants on passing the MSc Electronics Distance Education course are:
- Senior Electrical Manager
- Electronics Engineer
- Maintenance Manager,
- Technical Writer,
- Field test Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Back Office Assistant, etc.
Skills Required for M.Sc. Electronics
Graduates with an M.Sc. in electronics should learn how to communicate well and give good presentations. Some skills that M.Sc. Electronics graduates need to have the following:
|Form personal relationships||Motivate others|
|Take risks||Be a problem solver|
|Have a vision with some strategy||Support the teachers|
|Communicate well and listen to others||Be curious|
MSc Electronics Top Job Profiles
These are the popular top profiles for M.Sc Electronics Correspondence degree holders :
- Service Engineer
- Telecom Engineer
- Technical director
- Field Test Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Communication Engineer
- Network Planning Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineer
MSc Electronics Salary in India
The industries in India offer many job opportunities to degree holders of MSc Electronics Distance Education courses. This course can help students develop their professional skills and knowledge in electronics. The salary of graduates of MSc Electronics depends on their working skills and experience. Specialists in the MSc Electronics Distance Education course typically receive an average starting salary of INR 4.5 LPA to INR 7.5 LPA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q-1: Can Students do an M.Sc. in Electronics through distance education?
Ans: Many Universities in India offer M.Sc. Electronics through Distance Education. Whoever is desirous to apply can check out the universities.
Q-2: Is MSc Electronics through Distance Education a good career?
Ans: Students who have completed M.Sc. Electronics through Distance Education from a UGC-approved university have multiple career options such as IT Industry, Research and Development, Embedded Engineer, etc.
Q-3: What are the benefits of distance MSc Electronics?
Ans: Students will be able to get a job in MNCs or Domestic companies just after completing the course from any recognized university. The degree can be completed without attending the classes in physical mode.