MSc Food Technology Distance Education Admission 2023: It is a 2 years PG course that is gaining popularity as the food industry is expanding rapidly. After completing an M.Sc in Food Technology in distance mode, students can work in the field of the Food Technology Sector. The functionality of both nutrition and the science of nourishment is the main motive of this course.
There are several Universities which are offering MSc Food Technology Distance Education without Entrance Exam. UG level course with the relevant subject is required to apply for this course. In Distance MSc Food Technology course, students learn about food processing, packaging and storing conditions etc. Also gain knowledge about diet, Healthy food, nutrition elements, calories etc.
MSc Food Technology Distance Education has great demand all over the world. Graduates from the MSc Food Technology distance degree program may work in many industries as Food technologists, Production Managers, Purchasing Managers, etc.
- Those candidates who have graduated in the relevant stream easily can enrol on this course.
- 50% score is required in their previous degree.
- The average fee for the MSc Food Technology Distance Education course is between Rs 18,000 to Rs 46,000.
- Degree holders of MSc Food Technology Distance education may get an average salary package of INR 4 LPA – INR 7.5 LPA.
MSc Food Technology Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduation Degree|
|Full-Form of Course||M.Sc Food Technology|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||BSc in Food Technology or any BSc-relevant degree|
|Average Course Fees||INR 18,000 to INR 46,000|
|Similar Course Options of Study||MSc Hotel Management|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4 LPA – INR 7.5 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Food Technologist, Food Packaging Manager, Production Manager, Purchasing Manager, Retail Buyer, etc.|
Is MSc Food Technology Distance Learning Worth it?
It is absolutely worth it to pursue the MSc in Food Technology Distance Learning from a recognized university. The learning process will gain value in terms of skills, time, cost, etc. This is worth choosing an MSc Food Technology course in distance mode at the best-known distance college or university in India.
- Skills: A distance degree in MSc Food Technology will provide immense knowledge of the subject matter and will impart important skills such as strong analytical and numerical skills, excellent oral communication, and writing skills.
- Time Flexibility: Students who choose to study this course via distance mode get the benefit of time. They get the extra time that can be spent on other related activities that will be beneficial for enhancing their skills and experience.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of studying in this distance degree program ranges from INR 18,000 to INR 46,000, and this cost is the most affordable as compared to the regular study courses.
- Earn While You Learn: It is advantageous for working professionals to choose a distance degree course that will enable them to continue their professional activities, and they can earn to support their other needs.
MSc Food Technology Distance Education Admission 2023
MSc Food Technology Distance Education is provided in many universities through distance learning mode. Admission to such universities is taking place for the 2023 session. As it is a distance course, most universities admit students directly. Only a few hold entrance tests. Admission will be provided to only those who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Application forms will be available on University Admission portal. Students also have to registration fee when they submit the registration form which starts from Rs 300 to Rs 500. Reistration+ Admission fee varies from university to university.
Those who want to apply for the distance MSc Food Technology program can apply as quickly as possible. Applications will be rejected if they are submitted after the deadline. Before beginning the admission procedure, admission instructions must be read carefully.
Eligibility for MSc Food Technology Distance Education
To pursue the MSc Food Technology Distance Education course, Students must have to follow the following eligibility criteria which are given below:
- The eligibility required for admission to the MSc Food Technology Distance Education course is that a student must have BSc degree holders from any recognized university or institute.
- Students must have a minimum of 50% in their BSc degree course. It is a compulsory requirement for admission.
MSc Food Technology Distance Education Fee
The students have to pay an average fee for the Distance MSc Food Technology degree course between INR 18,000/- to INR 46,000/-. The Fee of the course may vary according to the University. Students can pay their fees in installments and in many other ways.
MSc Food Technology Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- To pursue this course, the candidate must have to fill out the admission application form from the college’s official website.
- While filling out an application form, applicants must remember that all the information filled in the application form has to be correct.
- After completing and filling out an application form, the candidate can pay for the application online mode or offline mode.
- The confirmation notification for the admission will be sent through email or SMS to the candidate.
- The candidate will get the fee receipt as soon as the fee is submitted.
MSc Food Technology Distance Education Required Documents
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
M.Sc Food Science and Technology Distance Learning in India
There are a number of well-known and reputed universities in India that provide distance learning courses in M.Sc food technology. The demand for this course is increasing in India because it has a lot of career opportunities in the future. Before applying for admission to the food Science distance course, applicants must check the university’s requirements, eligibility, and fee structure. After completing the M.Sc food technology distance learning course, students can work for private or government companies.
IGNOU MSc Food Technology Distance Education
Apart from many universities/ colleges, IGNOU also offers a Master of Science in Food Technology distance education program. IGNOU opens its admission window twice a year for this master’s degree program. Candidates interested in applying for this program at IGNOU must have passed Graduation or its equivalent in science with at least 50% marks from a recognized university in India. The minimum duration of the MSc Food Technology distance education program at IGNOU is two years, while the maximum is four years. IGNOU charges INR 13,000 annually, and the total course fee is INR 26,000.
MSc Food Technology Distance Education Syllabus
MSc Food Science and Technology is a 2 years PG course that is divided into 4 equal semesters. The MSc Food Science and Technology syllabus is specially designed so that the students will be able to fight every challenge that they will come over. The syllabus followed in most of the institutes in India is given below:
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Advanced Labs||Advanced Labs||Food Analysis techniques||Bakery and Confectionery Products|
|Biostatistics||Bioinformatics||Food industry Waste management||Intellectual Property Rights and Ethical Issues|
|Food Chemistry||Fermentation Technology||Food quality and assurance||Plant-derived foods|
|Food Processing||Food Biotechnology||Labs||Thesis|
|Fruits, Vegetables and Plantation Crops||Food Microbiology||Meat, Poultry, and Fish production- technology|
|Nutrition Biochemistry||Food Safety||Thesis|
Scope After MSc Food Technology Distance Education
MSc Food Technology Distance Education is a specialization degree program that provides knowledge to candidates to develop their career scope professionally. The course via distance mode can find employment with ease in areas like food packaging businesses, food processing businesses, food manufacturing businesses, food research laboratories, etc.
- Students who have earned their post-graduate degrees in food technology can also advance in laboratory-based employment in clinical or technical roles without involving themselves in research.
- For people who desire to work in the sector of food technology, there are several job options available. The range of careers available to students includes those for production managers, food development managers, food packaging managers, food safety auditors, etc.
- Postgraduates in the M.Sc. Food Technology programs can choose to pursue a career as a food writer and submit pieces to periodicals, books, television programs, and journals.
What is the average salary package after MSc in Food Technology? The beginning pay for an M.Sc. Food Technology might be INR 4 LPA to INR 7.5 LPA. A Master of Science Food Technology degree is a program that allows one to specialize in the discipline of Food Science. The wage can differ depending on whether an individual works in the public or private sector, the kind of job they have, or even the talents they possess.
Job Roles After MSc Food Technology Distance Learning
The table below lists some of the well-liked professional positions open to MSc Food Technology graduates:
|Job Position||Job Description|
|Food Technologist||The main job of a food technologist is to explore and grow new items and contribute to working towards enhancing the nature of existing food items.|
|Dietician||Dieticians are persons who promote dietary health and help in treating medical conditions by suggesting healthy nutritional habits to patients.|
|Technical Brewer||Technical Brewers are known for handling a variety of specialized and administrative journeys, including overseeing the blending procedure and managing and maintaining the hardware involved.|
|Production Manager||Production Managers are known for creating and executing plans for surveying, assessing, arranging, and tallying plans of expenditure and time scales with customers and other managers.|
|Purchasing Manager||The Purchasing Manager’s job is to design and facilitate the work of purchasers and specialists. They are known for ensuring that their organization secures the best quality and quantity of raw materials for food.|
Skills required for MSc Food Technology Distance Education
The M.Sc Food Technology distance program is designed to help students looking for work in businesses, startups, scientific organizations, consultancies, or laboratories advance their careers. For graduates, a range of international organizations offers employment options. Following are some of the talents that a graduate with an MSc in Food Technology Distance Education must possess:
- Problem-Solving and Management Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Communication Skills
Some of the Job profiles include
- Food technologist: Production/Operation/ QA/QC
- R&D : New Product & Process Development
- Marketing & Sales, Business Development & Marketing Analysis
- Procurement & Supply chain management
Types of companies with career opportunities
With the changing world, various job opportunities after finishing M.Sc Food Technology Distance Education Course are in high demand and offer a good job scope. Candidates can prefer jobs in India as well as overseas. This is one of the best career options for students with a good salary package. Here is some of the job profile mentioned below must check out.
- Food machinery & Instruments manufacturing companies
- Food quality & Certification organizations
- Flavor houses
- Food research laboratories
- Corporate Food manufacturing companies
- Food wholesalers
- Agricultural commodities export ventures
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1- Is MSc in Food Technology done in Distance Mode in India?
Ans: Yes, MSc in Food Technology course in Distance mode by Students in India. There are many distance colleges in India that provide MSc in distance mode.
Q2- Is it worth doing MSc in Food Technology distance education?
Ans- Yes, The course demand is increasing daily and great career opportunities are associated with graduates of the MSc Food Technology distance education degree program.
Q3- What is the salary after MSc in Food Technology distance education?
Ans- The Distance MSc in Food Technology degree holder’s average salary ranges from INR 4 LPA – INR 7.5 LPA.
Q4- What is the educational scope after completing MSc in Food Technology for Students?
Ans: Students can do an M.Phil and Ph.D. Courses in Food Science, nutrition, and technology after completing MSc.