MSc Psychology Distance Education: Admission is started for the MSc psychology distance education programme in various universities for the 2024-25 academic session, apply before the last date 29 February 2024. It is a 2-year course that studies the human mind and behavior. Psychologists study normal and abnormal brain function. Also, it studies human mental and emotional disorders. Depending on the institute, admission requirements may vary. Admission is dependent on either merit or entrance exam results.
The average fee for the course is between INR 15,000 to INR 1,00,000 per annum. Psychologists, Family Therapists, Psychometrics, Child Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, etc., are among the careers available to MSc Psychology graduates. Depending on an aspirant’s knowledge and skill, distance MSc Psychology salaries vary.
MSc Psychology Latest Admission Updates: February 2024
- Admission is open at IMTS Institute for the course of the MComm program in distance learning mode. Apply before the Last Date 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- Subharti University opened registration for the MCom CDOE programme for the academic session 2024-25. The deadline for application is 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- NIILM University Haryana has commenced the admission process for the MCom open learning programme for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply before 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- IGNOU started distance MCom admission for the academic year of 2024-25. The last date to apply is 15 February 2024. Apply now
Every aspirant who is seeking admission to an MSc Psychology distance course will have to take into consideration the following factors:
- First of all, one needs to have completed graduation with a BSc in relevant subjects.
- Each candidate should secure a minimum score of 50%.
The course fee for distance MSc Psychology starts from INR 15,000 and is charged a maximum of up to INR 1,10,000 based on the institute you choose to study.
The MSc Psychology Distance Education course usually takes 2 years to complete.
Degree holders of MSc Psychology Distance Education may get a salary package of INR 3.8 LPA – INR 6 LPA.
MSc Psychology Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Post Graduate Degree
|Full-Form of Course
|Master of Science in Psychology
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|BSc from a Recognized University or Institute
|Average Course Fees
|INR 15,000 – INR 1,00,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|Bachelor in Psychology, etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 3.8 LPA – INR 6 LPA
|Psychologists, Educational psychologists, Social psychologists, etc.
Is MSc Psychology Distance Education Worth it?
MSc in Psychology Distance Education is worthwhile in many ways and is the most career-oriented study program.
- Skills: Many skills that students of distance MSc Psychology can acquire are interpersonal communication, critical thinking, active listening, collaboration, decision-making, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: Those candidates who want to have extra time to spend on activities that are beyond the curriculum can study MSc Psychology via distance mode. In these terms, the candidates will study at the preferred timetable that has been set accordingly.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of studying the MSc Psychology courses in distance mode is INR 15,000 to INR 1,00,000. Distance courses provide an equal chance of learning at a reasonable cost.
- Earn While You Learn: Individuals who cannot complete their studies due to a busy professional schedule can choose the distance MSc Psychology course to earn and learn at the same time.
MSc Psychology Distance Education Admission 2024
Admission has started for the MSc Psychology distance program for the current academic 2024 cycle. Many reputed and popular universities offer this program such as IGNOU, Annamalai University, and Madras University. Students who are interested in admission can apply to any university of their choice. They have to visit the official portal of the university. But only those students are eligible to apply who have done a BSc in the relevant subject.
To get admission into the distance MSc Psychology course, application forms must be submitted before the last date. All the details in the form must be correct. The forms can be submitted online or offline. Candidates are advised to read the admission guidelines properly before applying.
MSc Psychology Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Students are advised to check the eligibility criteria of the university for admission to the MSc Psychology DDE program before enrolling in the admissions process.
- There is no need to clear the entrance exam that the university prefers as part of the MSc Psychology Distance Education application process.
- Students must have a UG degree (BSc In psychology) in any relevant stream through to a recognized University.
- 50% to 60% marks in a previous degree is a requirement at any university.
MSc Psychology Distance Education Syllabus
In MSc Psychology Distance Education, students get to learn about the mental process and its behaviour. The syllabus is specially designed to get every necessary information that they will be required in their professional career.
|Cognitive Psychology I Theory
|Cognitive Psychology-II Theory
|Statistics in Behavioural Sciences Theory
|Experimental Designs Theory
|Research Methods in Psychology Theory
|Neuro Psychology I Theory
|Neuro Psychology I Theory
|Group (A) – Psychopathology
|Group (A) – Psycho diagnostics and Assessment
|Group (B) – Guidance and Counselling Psychology
|Group (B) – Special Areas of Counselling
|Group (C) – Principles of Organizational Behaviour
|Group (C) – Organizational Dynamics
|Psychology of Social Behaviour Theory
|Dynamics and Interpersonal Behaviour Theory
|Applications of Psychology I Theory
|Applications of Psychology-II Theory
|Self and Positive Psychology
|Systems and Skills Intervention in Psychology I Theory
|Systems and Skills Intervention in Psychology – II Theory
|Group (A) – Perspectives on Mental Health
|Group (A) – Psychological Treatment of Mental Disorders
|Group (B) – Therapeutics in Counselling
|Group (B) – Assessment in Guidance and Counselling
|Group (C) – Engineering Psychology
|Group (C) – Issues in Industrial Psychology
Top Colleges/Universities for MSc Psychology Distance Education
Various UGC & DEB-approved distance education universities offer admission to MSc Psychology correspondence courses for the academic year 2024-25. Students or working professionals can choose a university from the list given below and apply for admission by visiting the official website:
|Madras University, Chennai
|Annamalai Univesity, Tamilnadu
|Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamilnadu
|Jain University, Karnataka
M.Sc Psychology Distance Education in Madras University
Madras University has opened the admission window for the distance M.Sc Psychology program. To apply for admission, students should have passed B.Sc Psychology or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized University in India—the M.Sc. The psychology distance education program fee at Madras University is INR 10,150 per year.
MSc Psychology Distance Education Admission Procedure 2024
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the college/university.
- Applicants have to check the preview of the filled application, And before filling up, the form, applicants must check the eligibility criteria.
- After visiting the official website of the college/university, go through the admission portal to sign in for the admission portal.
- Fill in all the information correctly; otherwise, the incorrect or inappropriately filled application forms will be rejected without notifying the applicant.
- The candidates can make payments through a bank e-challan.
- The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration.
Basic Requirements of Documents for MSc Psychology Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc Psychology Distance Education in India
There are a number of universities that offer MSc Psychology Distance Education in India. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required for candidates who wish to pursue this course. In universities such as IGNOU, LPUDE, Andhra University of Distance Education, and others, admission is based on merit. Students can apply online to the desired university or institute.
M.Sc Psychology Distance Education in Kerala
Some popular universities and Colleges provide MSc Psychology distance education courses in the state of Kerala. MSc Psychology is a postgraduate degree course. Students can take admission to the course in the college of their choice. They can check the fee structure, eligibility, and admission process of the university. Students can make their bright and can do jobs in various sectors after completing the course.
Future Scope after MSc Psychology Distance Education
Specialists of this degree course may have good career scope. Students pursuing a degree can get jobs after completing an MSc Psychology degree from a distance. Many colleges and institutes are providing this course from a Distance. It is a very affordable course for everyone. Degree holders of the MSc Psychology may also get a job in the Government sector.
MSc Psychology Distance Education Career Options & Job Prospects
- Students with an MSc in Psychology can work as medical counsellors in hospitals as well as consult for top corporate executives.
- Two of the most sought-after careers for psychology graduates are those in social services and mental health.
- Students in the MSc Psychology program have the chance to interact directly with people who are battling mental illness and other conditions.
- There are many opportunities in the industry for psychologists with a doctoral degree in psychology, so students should consider pursuing a Ph.D. in psychology.
- After completing the MSc Psychology degree, applicants have a variety of career options.
- Students can pursue careers in psychology as a psychologist, urban development officer, staff recruiter, etc. with an MSc Psychology degree.
- An MSc psychology graduate has a wide range of opportunities for employment in the public and private sectors.
Required Skills MSc Psychology Distance Education
MSc Psychology program in distance learning mode is offered in India. Students need to acquire excellent analytical skills and different techniques of Psychology. They need to learn these skills which are given below in order to succeed.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem-Solving skills
- Research Skills
MSc Psychology Distance Education Graduate Salary
MA Psychology Distance Education graduates can work in both the private and public sectors. Graduates with an MA in psychology from correspondence or distance education programs typically earn between INR 3 and 6 LPA. After getting an MA in psychology through distance education in India, the pay is not set and can change based on many things. Some of these are location, training, skills, industries, and designation.