MSc Sericulture Distance Education 2023: Various UGC-approved Universities offer MSc Sericulture DDE admission. To make eligible to apply for the program, candidates must require to pass out BSc Sericulture or equivalent. Admission to this master’s degree program in Sericulture will be based on merit/entrance exam and PI. The range of the average application fee for the program is between INR 250 to INR 1000. The registration fee & process varies in different Universities.
MSc Sericulture is a two-year post-graduate course offered after graduation.
Applicants who wish to enroll in an MSc Sericulture Distance education course must have a BSc in Sericulture or equivalent with a minimum 50% grade point average from a recognized university or institute in order to be eligible for admission.
There is an average course fee of between Rs. 16,000 and Rs. 1,40,000 for this course.
Students who have completed an M.Sc degree can obtain jobs both in the public and private sectors after completing their degree.
MSc Sericulture DDE Admission 2023 Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Science in Sericulture|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 16,000 – INR 1,40,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor in Sericulture, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Silk Farming, Silk Research Centre, Silk Weaving Mill, etc.|
MSc Sericulture Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility for taking M.Sc in Sericulture DDE admission is that the student must have scored a minimum of 50% in UG courses from any recognized university or institution approved by the UGC. Students having B.Sc degree in Agriculture or B.Sc degree in Horticulture will be getting preference in admission.
MSc Sericulture Distance Education Admission Procedure
- Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website.
- After that, candidates have to visit the application portal to check the required criteria for admission.
- Candidates need to fill in all the information correctly; otherwise, college universities will reject an Application form with incorrect details at a time.
- Before the final submission of the application form, the candidate must check the preview of the Application form.
- Payment for the application fee + entrance exam fee can be made online mode, i.e., net banking, debit card, credit card, or offline mode, i.e., D.D., e-challans.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to MSc Sericulture Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc Sericulture Distance Education Colleges in India
M.Sc Sericulture is a 2 years PG-level course that deals with education related to the rearing of silkworms and the production of raw silk. There are many top reputed instituted in India that provide admission for this course:
- Assam Agricultural University – AAU
- Ganga Kaveri Institute of Science and Management
- Kakatiya University
- Krishnath College
- Mysore University
- Raiganj University
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University – RTMNU
Employment Opportunities for MSc Sericulture Distance Education
MSc Sericulture is a two-year program for people who have already graduated from college. Sericulturists are classified as primary activities. Government and research development centers are usually good places for graduates to find employment. The following are some of the most sought-after job fields and best places for MSc Sericulture Distance Education grads to work.
- Government organizations
- Research institutes
- Private firms
- Academic institutes
- Private agencies
- Central Silk Board
- Indian Silk Export Promotion Council
- Central Sericultural Research and Training
- Handloom, Handicrafts, Textiles, & Khadi Departments