BA Home Science Distance Education: The three-year BA in Home Science Distance Education is an undergraduate program. Senior Secondary from a recognized board of higher secondary education must required for admission to this course.
This UG degree develops skills for home management, food nutrition, family connections, civil development, and more.
BA Home Science Distance Education Admission Updates: February 2024
- Students are invited to apply for the BA Home Science Distance education programme for the 2024–2025 session at IMTS Institute. Apply before 29 February 2024. Apply now
- Limited seats are available at Subharti University for the 2024–2025 academic year’s BA Home Science open learning programme. Apply until 29 February 2024. Apply now
- Admission for BA Home Science Distance Learning education at NIILM University Haryana is open for the 2024–2025 session. Apply before the deadline of 29 February 2024. Apply now
- BA Home Science Distance education Admissions are now open for the 2024–2025 academic year at SKU University. The deadline is 29 February 2024. Apply now
Students for Distance BA Home Science admission must have completed 12th standard in science or arts with a minimum score of 40%.
BA Home Science distance education course fee normally ranges from INR 10,300 to INR 50,200 annually, depending on the university/college.
Food and nutrition, Human Nutrition, Family resource management, Human Development and Family Studies, Dynamics of communication, textile, life cycle approach, etc, are the core subjects of distance BA in Home Science.
BA Hone Science distance learning admission’s last date will be January 15, 2024 (Tentative). Admission dates may vary in different universities.
BA Home Science Distance Education Highlight
|Type of Course
|Bachelors Degree Course
|Bachelor of Arts in Home Science
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board
|Average Course Fees
|Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 50,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|BA (Social Work), BA (Nutritionist), etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|Rs.3.5 L per annum
|Dietician, Healthcare Counselor, Chef, etc.
Advantages of BA Home Distance Education Science
- BA Home Science Distance Education is a UG course that involves the study of nutrition, health& growth measures, etc.
- Students get to learn about resource management in deep.
- One will get a brief knowledge about various home science topics like Food Science, Fundamentals of Resource Management, Foundations of Human Development, etc.
- The students who can’t afford to go to regular classes can also study BA Home Science Distance Education as the students who enroll in this course don’t need to go to the classes.
- Doing BA Home Science from correspondence gives students who don’t have enough resources to buy costly study materials as they are provided with online study material.
- After completing this course, the students can go for higher studies, and even they can try for jobs in various fields like Community Development Programs, Food Industry, Fashion Designing, etc.
BA Home Science Distance Education Admission 2024
There are various universities in India that offer Home science courses at UG and PG levels via open & distance learning mode such as Uttarakhand Open University, SVSU DDE, etc. The minimal eligibility in most universities to apply for this bachelor’s program is 12th with 40-50% marks from a recognized university, and the average course fee is between INR. 10,000 – INR. 50,000 per annum.
Eligibility for BA Home Science Distance Education
- Students need to pass the 10+2 standard with at least 45% of marks from the Recognized Educational Board.
- Students have to qualify for all the major subjects in 10+2.
BA Home Science Distance Education Subjects
After being admitted to colleges to pursue a BA in Home Science Distance Education, students are worried about what students will learn in this course and what subjects faculty members will teach them.
BA Home Science Subjects Physiology, Economics, Rural Development, Biology, Hygiene, Sociology, Family Relations, Community Living, Art, Food, Nutrition, Clothing, Textiles, Chemistry, Physics, Child Development.
BA Home Science Distance Education Syllabus
|introduction to Food and human physiology
|Family and Resource Management
|Home Science Extension Education and communication
|Advance Human Development
|Introduction to Clothing Textile
|Clothing construction of embroidery
|Home Science Extention Education and Rural Development
Universities for BA Home Science Distance Education Admission
There are various state, central, open, deemed, and private universities approved by UGC & DEB to offer distance learning courses for the academic year 2024-25. Not all but some of them offer admission to distance BA in Home Science. Following are the details of those universities:
BA Home Science Distance Education Uttarakhand Open University
Uttarakhand Open University is a state university which is located in Uttrakhand, India and offers a BA Home Science course via Open & Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
Candidates who have completed their Higher Secondary Level qualification from a recognized board can opt for admission to this bachelor’s degree at UOU distance education.
BA Home Science DDE Application Form Procedure
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the college/university.
- Applicants have to check the preview of the filled application, And before filling up, the form, applicants must check the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants can pay the application fee by visiting the payment portal online by net banking, debit card, credit card, or offline mode by DD or e-challans.
- The applied candidate will get a notification through e-mail or SMS.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Career Prospects after BA Home Science Distance Education
Students have numerous chances to work in a variety of industries after completing this degree. Individuals who complete this course will be able to work in a wide range of roles.
|Elico Healthcare Services Ltd
|Health Care Counselors
|Entrepreneurs in different sectors
|Human Resource Management
|Textiles and Apparel
Scope of BA Home Science Distance Education
Students can do the job in various industries such as Textile areas, Hotel Industry, hospitals, and Hotel Industries. After completing the BA Home Science course, they have the option of government and private sector jobs. They got job opportunities as a Dietician, Executive chef, Food technologist, Biochemist, etc.
BA in Home Science has a wide career opportunity, after completing this BA program in distance mode, students can go for higher or advanced study options. They can pursue Postgraduate and PG diploma programs in Home science. Some of the Study options are:-
- MA in Home Science
- MA in Home Management
- MA in environmental science
- PG Diploma in Home Science
BA Home Science Distance Education Skills
Some people are incredibly passionate about home life and aspire to pursue a BA in Home Science in the future. All home lovers will be captivated by BA Home Science because of its breadth and depth of study. Some necessary abilities include:
- Skills in Finance and Management and Critical Thinking
- Skill in Communication
- Management Capability
- Cooking Talent
Home Science Courses after 12th
After completing class 12th, the students were interested in pursuing their education with the home science stream. There are many Home Science courses after the 12th, some of them are listed below:
- B.Sc. in Home Science
- B.Sc. in Home Science and Management
- B.Sc. in Home Science and Nutrition
- BA in Home Management
- BA in Home Science
- Certificate in Home Science
- Diploma in Home Science
Q: Can we do a BA in Home Science?
Ans: Yes, several Universities like NOU and UOU are offering BA Home Science programs in distance mode.