BA Home Science Distance Education: It is a three-year course for students who are in their first year of college. Home management, food nutrition, sociology, rural development, physiology, arts, textiles, family relationships, civil development, clothing, and a lot more are taught in this course. If you take this class, you’ll learn a lot of important skills that will help you in a wide range of fields.
- BAOU has started the admission process for the BA Home Science distance education for the August Session 2023. The last date to apply for admission is 30 September 2023. Click here
- Uttarakhand Open University registration is going on for the BA distance education course. The extended last date to register for admission 2023 is 15 September 2023. Click here
- 31 August 2023 was the last date to apply for admission 2023 with a late fee of INR 500 at Andhra University for the distance BA Course. Click here
Admission to the Distance BA Home Science course is dependent on the eligibility of students based on certain factors given:
- Candidates from the stream of science or arts, after completing the 12th standard, can apply.
- There needs to be a score of 50% obtained in the last exam.
In a year the related institutes can be charged a tuition fee that ranges from INR 10000 to INR 50000 as per fee structure.
Such admissions are provided through a process conducted on merit and may include an interview session.
BA Home Science Distance Education Highlight
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Arts in Home Science|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 50,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||BA (Social Work), BA (Nutritionist), etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||Rs.3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Dietician, Healthcare Counselor, Chef, etc.|
BA Home Science Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission is open for the Bachelor of Arts in Home Science Program for session 2023 at BAOU. The admission deadline is 30 September 2023. The application form will be available on the University’s official website. Some other Universities also offer this course.
There are a lot of universities like IGNOU, DU SOL, Nalanda Open University, etc. that offer BA Home Science distance education programs. The minimal eligibility in most universities to apply for this bachelor’s program is 12th with 40-50% marks from a recognized university, and the average course fee is between INR. 10,000 – INR. 50,000 per annum.
Eligibility for BA Home Science Distance Education
- Students need to pass the 10+2 standard with at least 45% of marks from the Recognized Educational Board.
- Students have to qualify for all the major subjects in 10+2.
BA Home Science DDE Admission Procedure 2023
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the college/university.
- Applicants have to check the preview of the filled application, And before filling up, the form, applicants must check the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants can pay the application fee by visiting the payment portal online by net banking, debit card, credit card, or offline mode by DD or e-challans.
- The applied candidate will get a notification through e-mail or SMS.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
BA Home Science Distance Education Subjects
After being admitted to colleges to pursue a BA Home Science Distance Education, students are worried about what students will learn in this course and what subjects faculty members will teach them.
BA Home Science Subjects Physiology, Economics, Rural Development, Biology, Hygiene, Sociology, Family Relations, Community Living, Art, Food, Nutrition, Clothing, Textiles, Chemistry, Physics, Child Development.
BA Home Science Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|introduction to Food and human physiology||Human Nutrition||Diet Therapy|
|Family and Resource Management||Home Science Extension Education and communication||Advance Human Development|
|Human Development||Introduction to Clothing Textile||Clothing construction of embroidery|
|Practical||Practical||Home Science Extention Education and Rural Development|
Advantages of BA Home Distance Education Science
- BA Home Science Distance Education is a UG course that involves the study of nutrition, health& growth measures, etc.
- Students get to learn about resource management in deep.
- One will get a brief knowledge about various home science topics like Food Science, Fundamentals of Resource Management, Foundations of Human Development, etc.
- The students who can’t afford to go to regular classes can also study BA Home Science Distance Education as the students who enroll in this course don’t need to go to the classes.
- Doing BA Home Science from correspondence gives students who don’t have enough resources to buy costly study materials as they are provided with online study material.
- After completing this course, the students can go for higher studies, and even they can try for jobs in various fields like Community Development Programs, Food Industry, Fashion Designing, etc.
BA Home Science Distance Education Top Colleges in India
Numerous universities, colleges, and institutes are offering a BA in Home Science through distance learning mode including DU SOL, and NOU. Interested Students can take admission to this course at the university of their choice. They can check the names of the Top BA Home Science universities in India which are given below.
|University of Delhi||New Delhi|
|Nalanda Open University||Patna|
|BPS Memorial Girls Colleg||Sonepat|
|University of Calcutta||Kolkata|
|Arya Post Graduate College||Panipat|
BA Home Science Distance Education from IGNOU
Candidates looking for BA in Home Science distance education admission must have passed 12th with at least 45% marks from a recognized board. Students must be qualified in one of the language subjects and three major subjects with having minimum required percentage. Students must visit the official website of IGNOU.
Career Prospects after BA Home Science Distance Education
Students have numerous chances to work in a variety of industries after completing this degree. Individuals who complete this course will be able to work in a wide range of roles.
|Job Opportunities||Job Recruiters|
|Assistant Dietician||Microbiologists||Elico Healthcare Services Ltd|
|Health Educator||Health Care Counselors||Indegene LifeSystems|
|Medical coder||Interior Designers||Accenture|
|Executive chef||Entrepreneurs in different sectors||Cactus Communications|
|Product Executive||Resource Development||Aon Hewitt|
|Healthcare counselor||Human Resource Management||BCS-Insilico Biology|
|Nutrition Consultants||Textiles and Apparel|
Scope of BA Home Science Distance Education
Students can do the job in various industries such as Textile areas, Hotel Industry, hospitals, and Hotel Industries. After completing the BA Home Science course, they have the option of government and private sector jobs. They got job opportunities as a Dietician, Executive chef, Food technologist, Biochemist, etc.
BA in Home Science has a wide career opportunity, after completing this BA program in distance mode, students can go for higher or advanced study options. They can pursue Postgraduate and PG diploma programs in Home science. Some of the Study options are:-
- MA in Home Science
- MA in Home Management
- MA in environmental science
- PG Diploma in Home Science
BA Home Science Distance Education Skills
Some people are incredibly passionate about home life and aspire to pursue a BA in Home Science in the future. All home lovers will be captivated by BA Home Science because of its breadth and depth of study. Some necessary abilities include:
- Skills in Finance and Management and Critical Thinking
- Skill in Communication
- Management Capability
- Cooking Talent
Home Science Courses after 12th
After completing class 12th, the students were interested in pursuing their education with the home science stream. There are many Home Science courses after the 12th, some of them are listed below:
- B.Sc. in Home Science
- B.Sc. in Home Science and Management
- B.Sc. in Home Science and Nutrition
- BA in Home Management
- BA in Home Science
- Certificate in Home Science
- Diploma in Home Science
Q: Is BA Home Science available in Ignou?
Ans: For the July 2023 session, IGNOU is not offering a BA Home Science distance education program. Students can pursue a BSc Home for the July 2023 session.
Q: Can we do a BA in Home Science?
Ans: Yes, several Universities like NOU and UOU are offering BA Home Science programs in distance mode.