BA Journalism Distance Education: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism is a three-year undergraduate program that is available online through Distance Learning. This BA Journalism (Distance) is a specialist course in the arts with a particular focus on the news and media sector. This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required for them to be able to work in the news and media profession in India. As part of this course, practical sessions are included in almost all semesters so as to enhance the student’s practical skills.
- Pondicherry University has started the DDE admissions for the academic year 2023-24 for the BA Journalism distance education program. The last date to apply is 30 September 2023. Click here
- Admission 2023 for the distance BA Journalism program has been ongoing at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University. Candidates can submit an online application form until 30 September 2023. Click here
Applicants must satisfy the given eligibility in order to be admitted to the BA Journalism course.
- A Class XII passing certificate or equivalent from a recognized Indian board is required.
- Candidates with any academic background are eligible to apply for the course.
The tuition fee charged for BA Journalism (Distance) Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000 per annum.
Admission to the BA Journalism course is based on 10+2 grades, plus extra rounds such as an interview/group discussion.
BA Journalism Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Arts in Journalism|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000|
|Similar Course Options of Study||BA (Mass Communication), BA (Mass Communication & Advertise Journalism), etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||Rs.1 lakh to 7 lakh|
|Employment Roles||News Reporter, News Editor, Blogger, etc.|
BA Journalism Distance Education Admission 2023
The admission process is started at various universities/colleges for the academic session 2023-24. Students should apply for the journalism distance education admission program, they must qualify for 10+2 with a minimum score of 50% from a recognized state or central Educational board. Admission to universities in this program is based on an entrance exam or merit-based.
Eligibility for BA Journalism Distance Education
- For admission, students have to know about the eligibility criteria of the admission procedure.
- Candidate must pass in 10+2 Standard with a minimum of 50% marks recognized by the educational board or institute o equivalent.
- Students who can also apply for this course who have completed a Diploma in the relevant subject.
BA Journalism Distance Education Fee
To pursue a BA in Journalism distance education, students need to qualify for the eligibility criteria mentioned by the universities and colleges. After submitting the admission application form, the student needs to pay the application form and admission fee. The application form Fee would be about RS 100 to RS 1000 depending upon the universities, And the average course fee is about Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000 per annum.
BA Journalism Distance Education Application form
Many university admissions are going on for the July session 2023-24. LPU, Amity University, and Banasthali Vidyapith are some nice universities for students. application form is available for admission to the Distance BA journalism program. Students get the form at the official website of the university. They must submit the form to take admission to the program.
Why BA Journalism Distance Education is the Right Choice?
- BA Journalism online education provides you with an environment where you can learn how to express your views in front of an audience and how to communicate with different kinds of personalities at a time.
- Students interested in social welfare or social awareness can create a vast career by joining this course.
- Students who prefer to express their opinions on different social media platforms are provided with opportunities to express their views on more significant levels.
- This course is an opportunity for students who can’t afford regular classes at universities or institutes as there are no time-bound classes. They can study according to the time they prefer.
- After completing a BA in Journalism online education, the future can be immensely vast. Students can either opt for further studies or get jobs in media houses, websites, NGOs, etc.
BA Journalism Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
- To get admission to the college or university to pursue this course candidate must fill out an application form by visiting the official.
- Applicants have to fill in all the information or details correctly.
- The university will refuse applications with incorrect details at a time.
- The candidate will get a confirmation of submission of the application form and fee via SMS or e-mail.
Basic Requirements of Documents for BA Journalism Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Syllabus of BA Journalism Distance Education
BA Journalism is an undergraduate degree that takes three years to complete. It is made up of both core and optional subjects. Broadcast Journalism, Press Laws and Ethics, Advertising, Photojournalism, and Journalism in India are all part of the BA journalism curriculum.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Fundamentals of Journalism||International Politics|
|Indian Political System||Community Journalism|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Film Appreciation and Reviewing||Magazine Journalism|
|Public Relations||Broadcast Journalism|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Press Laws and Ethics||Advertising|
|Photojournalism||Journalism in India|
|Research Paper||Research Paper|
Benefits of BA Journalism Distance Education
The BA Journalism Distance Education course has the advantage of preparing students for careers in media and multimedia.
- Online journalism courses in the course that require daily attendance provide you with a daily assignment to look for something new and keep you informed of events taking place around the globe.
- By offering fresh daily challenges, BA online journalism courses provide fascinating and engaging projects. It becomes more intriguing when you are covering live local news or when you have to fly abroad to cover other news.
- With online journalism classes, you can study a tonne of brand-new information and abilities while working with the most knowledgeable individuals. It aids in your overall personal development. Additionally, they value your effort, which motivates you to produce even more.
- You will be valued as you showcase your work in front of the general public in online journalism classes. The surrounding community will show more passion and gratitude as the crowd grows. You’ll learn new things.
- With an online BA in journalism, you can travel the globe and gather news from all corners of the globe. Your career becomes far more engaging and intriguing as a result. Additionally, it aids in enhancing communication abilities.
- Distance learning for a BA in journalism enables you to interact with a variety of fascinating individuals and hear their experiences. Their stories of trials and sins.
- Knowing your neighborhood is facilitated by a distance learning journalism degree. What is happening in your field and the neighborhood where you live? It gives you an in-depth understanding of the subject.
BA Journalism Distance Education Scope
BA in Journalism Distance Education can create many employment opportunities in the media and communications industry. Graduates can work as Journalists, reporters, editors, producers, public relations professionals, and social media managers. They can earn an average salary in India is INR 1 lakh to 7 lakh per year in starting, and salary increases after gaining experience. The degree holder will make their career bright with the help of this course.
BA Journalism Distance Education in TamilNadu
If the Students want to pursue a BA in Journalism in distance learning mode, they can take admission to many popular colleges and universities in the state of Tamil Nadu. Students got many job and employment opportunities in the BA Journalism course. Students must check the eligibility criteria, fee, and admission process of the university at the official portal and can pay the registration fee.
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
Pursuing a BA in Journalism through distance education in Chennai offers students a flexible path to a rewarding career in media and communication. Some top universities, like the University of Madras and Bharathiar University, provide this program, enabling students to develop essential journalistic skills such as reporting, writing, and multimedia production. Admission for the 2023 session is ongoing at some of these universities. The course fee is between INR 15,000 to INR 25,000 per annum.
Colleges in India for BA Journalism Distance Education
BA Journalism Distance Learning is offered by the most prestigious colleges and universities. The names of the Top BA Journalism Colleges in India can be found here:
|Guru Nanak Dev University||Amritsar|
|Lovely Professional University||Punjab|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University||Pune|
|University of Kashmir||Srinagar|