BCom Hons Distance Education: Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com Hons) is a popular UG program offered in multiple specializations through distance mode. The minimum duration required to complete this program is three years. Students can complete their BCom (Hons) through distant learning while juggling personal commitments or geographical restrictions.
- IGNOU has extended the date of application for July 2023 session. The last date for submission of the application form for the BCom distance education course is 10 September 2023. Source
- DU SOL is accepting the application form for BCom Hons distance learning admission for the July 2023 session. The last date to register is 30 September 2023. Source
- Calicut University admission is going on for the BCom Hons distance learning program for the session 2023. The deadline to fill out the application is 16 September 2023. Source
- The last date to apply for distance BCom Hons. Admission 2023 at Uttarakhand Open University is on 15 September 2023. Click here
- The admission window of Vardhman Mahaveer Open University remains open for BCom Hons. Distance education admission until 20 September 2023. Click here
- The deadline to submit an online admission application for the academic session 2023-24 for the BCom distance education course at Manonmaniam Sundaranar University was 31 August 2023. Official Notification
The application forms for universities that provide distance learning for the BCom (Hons) degree will be available on those websites. Students can access the form online or offline, depending on their options. After receiving the student’s application forms, universities will evaluate the applicant’s eligibility based on their academic records. Certain institutions may provide a merit list for BCom (Hons) admission tests, while others may assess applicants’ knowledge and program eligibility.
What is BCom (Hons) Distance Education?
Distance learning for the BCom (Hons) degree enables students to complete their studies without visiting campus. In India, BCom (Hons) distance learning is a practical and popular option for anyone studying for a specialized commerce degree. As admissions for the academic year 2023–24 get closer, it is critical to satisfy the requirements and meticulously finish the admissions procedure.
Fee: The average academic cost for this UG degree ranges between INR 7500 to 12K per year.
BCom Hons Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Commerce Honours|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board or its Equivalent|
|Average Course Fees||INR 7500 to 12K per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||B.Com, Distance MBA, Distance BBA, Distance BCA, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4.36 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Executive Assistants, Operations managers, Accountants, Finance Managers, Account executives, Financial Analysts, etc.|
BCom Hons Distance Education Admission 2023
Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) is what B.Com Hons stands for. The BCom Hons course takes three years to complete, and the program is split into six semesters. It covers things like accounting concepts, economic theory, microeconomics & macroeconomics, trade & policies, and so on. Its curriculum teaches the candidate about business economics, costing and reporting, business statistics, and other related topics.
Admission has started for the distance BCom Hons program for the July 2023 session at various universities and colleges. Some of the popular Universities are Delhi University, IGNOU, UOU, etc., offering this program in distance learning mode. Students must check the official website and apply before the closing date. The admission deadline to submit the registration at Delhi University is 30 September 2023.
BCom Hons focuses on accounting, business management, and management accounting concepts that can be used in theory and practice to keep up with changing business processes and trends. The job opportunities for people with a BCom Hons. are very wide, both in the private and state sectors. They can work as financial advisors, business consultants, tax consultants, and so on.
Bcom Correspondence Colleges in Delhi
A Number of colleges in Delhi offer a Bachelor of Commerce program in distance mode. Universities like Indira Gandhi National Open University, Jamia Millia Islamia, Amity University, and Lovely Professional University are some of the top universities that offer this three-year distance program.
Admission is running at some Universities for the July 2023 session. The course fee of the Bcom distance education program is not the same in each college in Delhi. The average fee is between INR 7500 to 12K per annum.
Eligibility for BCom Hons Distance Education
The requirements for BCom distance learning vary from college to college. The universal eligibility standards that everyone must meet are listed below:
- Learners must pass the 10+2 Boards Exam.
- Student performance in a subject is measured by GPPA
- It is guaranteed that a college education will be of high quality if you obtain more than 55%.
- For distance learning in BCom, there are no age restrictions.
IGNOU and other distance education universities offer BCom programs, with fees ranging from INR 7500 to 12K per year.
BCom Hons Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- Go through the official website to apply for admission to this course.
- Applicants need to fill in all the information correctly; the university will reject incorrect information without informing the candidate.
- Ready Scan Document Related to Admission Entrance Form.
- Once submitting the application form, a candidate will get a notification via e-mail or SMS.
- Take a printout of the submitted application form.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission in BCom Hons Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate.
- Adhaar Card is required for verification.
- Pan card.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Passport Size Photo.
BCom Hons Distance Education Entrance Exam
Below are the top entrance exams for BCom Hons Distance Education admissions in India:
- GGSIPU (IP University) conducts an exam every year for admissions.
- The exam is conducted in an online mode
- Question types are MCQs.
- For each course, the question type may differ.
- The test contains 100 questions covering Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, General Awareness, and General English.
- Exams must be completed in 2.5 hours.
- The exam will be conducted offline by Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
- Different courses have different exam patterns.
- Accounting, Financial Statements, Business Management, etc., are usually covered in the exam.
- Exam conducted by NMIMS at the national level
- Exams are MCQ-based and are normally computer-based (online).
- Each course has a similar exam pattern.
- It contains questions on General English and language Proficiency, Quantitative Ability, General Intelligence, etc.
Lucknow University BCom Hons Distance Education Entrance Examination
- Every year, the University of Lucknow conducts a university-level examination
- Students must complete 100 MCQ-based questions in 120 minutes (3 hours).
- Mostly questions from Accounting, Business Management, Mathematics, etc., from Class 10+2.
Aligarh Muslim University BCom Hons Distance Education Entrance Exam
- Exam conducted by AMU at the university level
- Generally, the syllabus consists of topics from Class 10+2 level having questions from Accounting, Economics, Business Management, etc.
BCom Hons Distance Education Subjects
BCom Distance learning covers the theoretical and practical parts of the program. The course curriculum and syllabus of the BCom Hons include Auditing, Financial Accounting, English, and Economics subjects. The main Subjects are given below:-
- Business Organization and Management
- Financial Analysis
- Company Law
- Cost Accounting
- General Economics
Top BCom Hons Open University/Colleges in India
Distance B.Com courses are available at a number of institutions. Students can choose the best Distance Bachelor of Commerce college based on their grades and where they want to specialize. Here are some of the best distance B.Com educational institutions:
|Name of the Institute|
|Sikkim Manipal University||University of Kerala|
|I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University||University of Mumbai|
|Alagappa University||Bangalore University|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||Acharya Nagarjuna University|
|Karnataka State Open University||Annamalai University|
BCom Hons Distance Education Scope
The scope of BCom Hons distance education is promising. The demand for graduates with a strong understanding of commerce and business is growing continuously. The degree holder will get a job in many industries such as the government, private, and many more. After completing this course students may work as Accountants, Financial Analysts, Business Analysts, and many more. Graduates will get an average salary package of INR 4.36 Lakh per annum.