BSc Home Science Distance Education: It is an undergraduate degree that can be earned at a number of colleges and universities in India. This program takes three years, but it can be stretched out to six years. If a student is interested in home science, but can’t keep going with their regular studies, they should sign up for this course through distance learning.
Candidates who have a 12th degree in the Science stream easily can enrol this BSc Home Science Distance Education. Eligibility also differs from college to college. BSc Home science fees is about INR 15,000 to INR 55,000 per annum at an academic level.
The BSc Home Science program is a flexible path that can be taken by anyone interested. The main goal of this course is to learn about a wide range of socioeconomic topics. It is a broad field that includes many different subjects that are all related to each other, such as home economics, human evolution, nutrition, health science, interior design, and so on.
- Subharti University starts its admission for the BSc distance course on 15 June 2023 (tentative).
- IGNOU’s July 2023 admission cycle closes on 30 June 2023 for the BSc Home Science program. Click Here
- Delhi University will soon open its admission window for BSc Home Science 2023 program.
- Nalanda University BSc Home Science 2023 admission will start soon.
- To be considered for this distance BSc Home Science course, students must have completed 10+2 in science.
- The average annual course fee for BSc home science distance education varies from INR 15,000 – INR 55,000 per annum.
- Admission to the BSc in Home Science program is solely based on merit. There is no admission exam, and the entire merit list is based only on the numbers obtained by the applicants who filed applications.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Science in Home Science|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of B.Sc Home Science in Distance Education is 3 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 15,000 – INR 55,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||BSc in Hotel Management|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Nutritionists, Health Care Assistants, Family Planning Counsellors, etc.|
Is Distance BSc Home Science Worth it?
There are various perks of studying the distance BSc Home Science course, and this degree should be acquired from a well-known top college or university.
- Skills: A BSc Home Science degree in distance mode will enable students to acquire important life skills such as creativity & thinking, communication & collaboration, interpersonal relationship, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Time Flexibility: Most of the students in India choose to study BSc Home Science through distance mode because it provides them with the option of setting their own study schedule. Such students can be completed by taking classes at any corner.
- Fee and Cost: Studying the distance courses like distance BSc Home Science is the best option for students who cannot afford the high cost of regular courses. About INR 15000 to INR 55000 is the average annual cost charged for this distance course.
- Earn While You Learn: Working professionals can get a great benefit from this distance degree as they can study and work simultaneously because this course provides a lot of time to do any job.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Admission 2023
BSc Home Science distance education is a 3-year undergraduate degree program. The course develops to impart standard knowledge on topics such as communication skills, human development, extension education, community living, and so on.
At present, there are some well-reputed universities that regularly open the gates for admission to the BSc Home Science ODL program, like NOU, KSOU, Subharti University, etc. The course’s admission for the upcoming session or the 2023–24 admission sessions may begin at any time. Aspirants will be invited to complete the admission process in one of two modes; online or offline.
Eligibility for BSc Home Science Distance Education
The admission requirements or eligibility criteria for admission to the BSc Home Science distance education course are as follows.
- Applicants who want admission to the BSc Home Science Distance program must have to complete their 12th class with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.
- The minimum mark to be obtained for admission to the BSc Home Science course is 40-45 percent.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Fee
In India, recognized universities charge an annual fee between INR 15,000 and INR 55,000 for the BSc Home Science distance education course. Fees vary due to some factors, including the classification of universities as state, private, or central.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Admission at IGNOU
B.Sc HS stands for Bachelor of Science in Home Science. To pursue this course, students need to get admission to this course. And the eligibility criteria for admission in IGNOU is that there is no age limit mentioned for the candidates, and the minimum percentage required is 45% of marks in 10+2 standard from recognized board education. The average fee mentioned for this course is INR 10,000 – INR 25,000 per annum.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU
- The candidate wants to get admission to the BSc Home Science Distance Learning course, and they must acquire 45% of marks in 10+2 from a recognized board of higher education.
- Students must study major subjects required for this course in their 10+2 standard.
- There is no specific age limit mentioned for admission to this course.
B.Sc Home Science Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
- To get admission, visit the college’s official website and read all the necessary information to fill out the application form carefully.
- While filling out an application form, applicants must remember that all the information filled in the application form has to be correct.
- Application forms found with incorrect information will be refused.
- Pay the application form fee and click the submit button.
- Take A Print Out of Final Submitted Form.
Documents required for admission in BSc Home Science Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
BSc Home Science Distance Education in Delhi
In Delhi/NCR, there are numerous institutes and colleges that provide admission into BSc Home Science courses at a distance mode. The course is available for students who have just cleared the 10+2 education from a recognized university. The Institutes don’t conduct the entrance exams for the BSc Home Science distance education course.
BSc Home Science Distance Education in Tamilnadu
Candidates looking for BSc Home Science Distance Education in Tamil Nadu have several college options. Numerous colleges/institutes of Tamilnadu, such as Agurchand Manmull Jain College, Avvaiyar Government College for Women, AVC College, Bharathidasan University, etc., offer BSc Home Science Distance education. This bachelor’s program lasts three years, and the average fee is between INR 15,000 – INR 55,000 per annum.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Syllabus
There are six equal semesters in the distance BSc Home Science program, which has a duration of three years. The following is a breakdown of the syllabus for the Bachelor of Science in Home Science program:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Chemistry (Practical)||Computer Fundamentals (Practical)|
|Applied Chemistry (Theory)||Computer Fundamentals (Theory)|
|Home Science Education, Extension, and Community Development||Dynamics of Marriage and Family|
|Introduction to Family Resource Management||Elements of Food Science (Practical)|
|Life Span Development I||Elements of Food Science (Theory)|
|Personal Empowerment||Family Finance Management and Consumer Economics|
|Textile Science and Fabric Care (Practical)||Fundamentals of Clothing Construction (Practical)|
|Textile Science and Fabric Care (Theory)||Fundamentals of Clothing Construction (Theory)|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Art Principles and Interior Enrichment (Practical)||Communication Skills (Applied Grammar)|
|Art Principles and Interior Enrichment(Theory)||Early Childhood Care & and Education Program (ECCE)|
|Communication Skills (Basics of Grammar )||Early Childhood Care & and Education Program (ECCE)|
|Community Nutrition (Practical)||Health & Microbiology|
|Community Nutrition (Theory)||Human Physiology|
|Garment Construction and Wardrobe Planning (Practical)||Indian Textiles and Laundry (Practical)|
|Garment Construction and Wardrobe Planning(Theory)||Indian Textiles and Laundry (Theory)|
|Program Planning and Evaluation||Programs for Rural and Urban Development|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Communication and instructional technology||Communication (Presentation Skills)|
|Environmental Science||Entrepreneurship Management|
|Fundamentals of Textile Designing & Printing||Housing and Space Management (Practical)|
|Fundamentals of Textile Designing & Printing (Practical)||Housing and Space Management (Theory)|
|Household Gadgets and Appliances (Practical)||Maternal and Child Nutrition (Practical)|
|Household Gadgets and Appliances (Theory)||Maternal and Child Nutrition (Theory)|
|Life Span Development-II||Normal and Therapeutic nutrition (Practical)|
|Nutritional Biochemistry||Normal and Therapeutic nutrition (Theory)|
|–||The Child with Special Need|
Distance BSc Home Science Subjects
Depending on the university or institute, B.Sc Home Science subjects vary in their subject structure; however, the core subject remains the same. B.Sc Home Science subjects include:
|Food and nutrition||Food science and processing|
|Resource management||Sustainable development|
|Chemical analysis of food||Exercise physiology|
|Fabric and apparel science||Nutritional Biochemistry|
|Human development||Public Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Child rights and social action||Children with Disabilities|
|Physiology and promoting health||Child Rights and Gender Empowerment|
|Communication and extension||Advanced study of counseling and physiological testing|
BSc Home Science Distance Education Scope
The distance course of BSc in Home Science offers a wide scope to candidates, which has made it so popular. The course has plenty of job opportunities in different sectors like Hotels, Restaurants, Cafes, Reality Shows, Hospitals, etc. The jobs one can easily do after completing the program are that of a Dietician, Nutritionist, Food Analyst, counselor, Chef, etc.
In the future, the BSc Home Science Distance course demand will only expand as the industries requiring such candidates are growing at a fast pace.
Recruitment Areas for BSc Home Science Distance Education
After Completing BSc Home science Distance education, Candidates will have multiple options to make their career in Govt as well as Pvt sector such as:
- Hotel Industry
- Environmental Research
- Educational Institutes
- Textile areas
- Resource management
- Civil Services
Salary Offered to BSc Home Science Distance Education Graduates in India
After getting a distance BSc in Home Science, you can work as a dietician, a research associate, etc. The pay can change depending on the internships you’ve done, the research projects you’ve worked on, the skills you need for the job, your previous experience, your job title, etc. In India, the average income for a BSc Home Science distance education is between INR 2.7 LPA and INR 7.5 LPA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does IGNOU offer a B.Sc home science?
Ans. Yes, IGNOU is offering a BSc Home Science course in a distance mode of education.
Q. Is B.Sc HS valid in distance education?
Ans. Yes, BSc HS is valid in distance education and approved by UGC and DEB.
Q. What is the duration of the BSc Home Science course?
Ans. BSc Home Science course is a UG course and the duration of the course is 3 years.
Q: What is the average fee of a BSc Home Science distance education program?
Ans: The BSc distance education program fee is different in each university. The average course fee is between INR 15,000 – INR 55,000 per annum.