BJMC Distance Education: BJMC or Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication is a three-year-long UG degree program with a duration of 3 years in distance mode. In the field of journalism and media, this course is provided at an advanced level. This course provides learning into different media means. Admission into the course is taking place. Read the complete article for full information.
- BAOU has announced the last date for BJMC distance education admission for July 2023 session is 30 September 2023. Click here
- Pondicherry University will accept online applications for Correspondence BJMC admission until 31 August 2023. Click here
- 21 August 2023 is the deadline for MGAHV DDE’s distance-learning Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication course applications form for July 2023 session. Click here
The selection of students into the BJMC distance learning course can be secured through eligibility criteria for which points are given as:
- At least the 12th standard or equivalent qualification is the basic factor for securing admission.
- These admissions are for students who have obtained a 50% score in 12th.
On an average basis, the tuition fee as per different institutes’ fee structures lies in the range of INR 30000 to INR 70000 for the distance education BJMC program.
After finishing the distance BJMC course, one can become a Journalist, Reporter, Social Media Manager, and TV Correspondent.
Selection of students for distance BJMC course admission is through merit criteria based on class 12 marks.
BJMC Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 30,000 – INR 70,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor of Mass Communication, Bachelor of Journalism, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4.5 LPA – INR 8 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Journalist, Reporter, Social Media Manager, TV Correspondent|
BJMC Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission is taking place for the BJMC distance education program. Interested applicants may apply at the university’s admission portal or visit the campus for offline admission. All the details must be filled in correctly if students want to secure seats.
BJMC Distance Education admission 2023 will be granted based on the marks of class 12 or graduation. Universities don’t conduct entrance for admission into this program. The eligibility criteria and the last date of admission must be kept in mind because no forms will be accepted if a student fails either of these. The complete admission procedure has been written below in the article.
Eligibility for BJMC Distance Education
- The first candidate needs to know whether the required eligibility criteria are fulfilled by them or not; after that, they have to go for admission to this course.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to the BJMC distance course is that a candidate need to pass 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board of education or equivalent.
- Diploma-holder students can also apply to this course for admission.
BJMC Distance Education Fee
The fee structure depends on the university, as many universities have different standards, facilities, and infrastructure. The structure of fees for the BJMC course varies from one university to another. A general range of the fee is INR 30,000 – INR 70,000 per annum. More information regarding fees will be available on the official websites of the universities.
BJMC Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
Students who want to enroll themselves in the Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication distance course can follow the procedure for admission given below.
- Go to the official website of the university or college.
- Candidates have to keep ready scanned documents – Eligibility, ID Proof, Address Details, and Basic Details.
- In the application form, the applicant must know that the information to be filled the application form has to be correct.
- Fill in all the details and upload the documents.
- After completing and filling out an application form, the candidate can pay for the application online mode or offline mode.
Documents Required for Admission to BJMC Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
BJMC Distance Education Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Writing for Media||Application of Computer in Media|
|Introduction to Communication and Media + Practical||Theory of Communication|
|Introduction to Journalism (Reporting, Writing & Editing) + Practical||Role of Social Sciences in Mass-Communication|
|Communicative Hindi||State Politics and Constitution|
|Indian Social System||Print Journalism-I|
|Communication Lab||Media Laws & Ethics|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Message & Mass-Media Audience||Design and Graphics|
|Development & Communication||National and International Affairs|
|Cyber Media||Television Journalism & Production|
|Folk Media||Public Relations|
|Media Management||Basics of Advertising & Public Relations|
|Print Journalism Lab||New Media|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Tribal Communication||Value Education|
|Communication Research||Television Journalism|
|Computer Application||Radio Journalism|
|Environment Communication||Writing for Radio & TV|
|Internship Report||Study Tour|
|Photography||Mass – Media & Contemporary Social Issues|
Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication Distance Learning
A journalism course is a great first step toward a promising career, but many students cannot enroll because they cannot study traditionally. However, today, several colleges offer BJMC remote learning so that students who desire to take this course can finish their studies. This profession offers many work chances for students with promising futures and good pay.
Career Prospects and Job Scope after BJMC Distance Education
Those who graduate from BJMC have a lot of freedom and can do a lot of different things. The BJMC course teaches students how to edit, write, take photos, and more.
After getting a BJMC degree, Students can find work in newspapers, magazines, the Central Information Service, the Press Information Bureau, websites, AIR, and TV channels. Graduates of the BJMC can also work as writers for multimedia and the web, doing things like writing news and other articles.
|Recruitment Areas||Job Profiles|
|Advertising Agencies||Graphic Designers|
|Circulation & Public Relations||Professor|
|Legal Affairs Department||TV Correspondent|
|News Agencies||Freelance Writer|
|Radio Telecasting Companies||Editor|
|All India Radio||Feature Writer|
BJMC Distance Education FAQ
Ques. Is Distance BJMC a Degree or Diploma?
Ans. Distance BJMC is Undergardauet degree program that has a total of 3 years time duration to complete BJMC distance course study.
Ques. Which specialzation is Best for Distance BJMC?
Ans. In Distance BJMC various specializations are available like Information Society, Public Relations, CyberMedia, Media Law, etc, and all are good.