BSc Animation Distance Education is an undergraduate degree that takes three years or six semesters to complete. It covers things like languages, feature films, animation, computer graphics, product design, graphic design, and more. To get in, you need to have finished high school. UG-level course duration is three years to 6 years at any academic level in India. Candidates with a 12th degree with 45% can easily be admitted to this BSc Animation Distance Education.
Merit and entrance examinations determine BSc Animation Distance education admission. Students can get jobs at Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, Aardman, Sony, EA, Ubisoft, and other companies after they graduate. They make between INR 3.4 LPA and INR 5 LPA.
- Admission to BSc Media Graphics & Animation distance learning program is going on at present for the academic session 2023-24. Candidates can apply at YCMOU before the deadline 30 September 2023. Source
Numerous universities and colleges are offering BSc Animation Distance Education program. The admission process is based on the merit score in previous degrees depending upon the university. Most universities do not conduct any type of entrance exam for this course. Students can apply at the official website of the university and can check the admission process, fees, eligibility, etc.
Distance BSc Animation program, admission can be pursued by meeting some factors that are provided as the main criteria for entry:
- Each Individual will have to possess an intermediate education in the field of science from a known school or college.
- This demands a scoring percentage of 50% or above.
BSc Animation distance education courses cost between 10,000 to 25,000 INR per year.
BSC Animation Distance Education is a 3-year program with 6 semesters.
After having a degree in BSc Animation through distance education, one has jobs like Video Game Designer, 2D & 3D Animator, Flash Animator, Web Designer, etc.
The BSc Animation distance course offers a high salary structure which generally ranges from INR 3.4 LPA to INR 5 LPA.
BSc Animation Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Science in Animation|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||B.Sc (Fashion Design), B.Sc (Computer Science), B.Sc (I.T), etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.4 LPA – INR 5 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Video Game Designer, 2D & 3D Animator, Flash Animator, etc.|
Is Distance BSc Animation Worth it?
A distance BSc Animation degree provides many perks and opportunities when pursued from the top distance BSc colleges or universities of India.
- Skills: Distance BSc Animation course is the best way to acquire multiple related skills such as creativity, willingness to work as a team, overcome challenges, and mastery of organization.
- Time Flexibility: Unlike the regular BSc Animation course, there are no boundaries of a fixed schedule and studying at a fixed place. Students are free to select their study hours and can easily attend the classes within their comfort zone.
- Fee and cost: The lower fee structure of distance BSc courses makes them accessible to thousands of students who are unable to afford the regular study expenses. The average charge for a distance BSc Animation course is INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Based on its easy study schedule and flexibility, the students get enough time to continue working besides pursuing the distance BSc Animation degree and this will also help them to support their studies.
BSc Animation Distance Education Admission 2023
A number of universities have begun accepting applications for the distance BSc Animation course for the July 2023 session. Interested and eligible candidates can enroll before the admission deadline. The last date varies in different universities. Therefore, applicants need to visit the official web portal of their desired university to know the deadline and admission process of that particular university.
To apply for the BSc Animation distance learning program, one must fulfill the entry requirements. One can apply after completing the 12th class with a minimum score of 45% marks. The admission process for most universities is based on the merit scored by the students in the last qualifying entrance examination. In addition, some universities/ institution provides BSc Animation in distance mode, which does not require any entrance examination.
Eligibility for BSc Animation Distance Education
- First, the candidate has to be qualified in 10+2 standard or equivalent and be qualified in three major subjects and one language subject required for this course.
- Student must pass their higher school with a minimum of 50% marks. And there are some relaxation marks for reserved category students, which is a minimum of 45% marks.
- The course is suitable for those candidates who have artistic skills like drawing and painting, a good sense of timing and composition, and an understanding of motion, size, ratios, and perspectives.
BSc Animation Distance Education Application Form 2023
The application form for admission to BSc courses admission is now available at the official websites of several UGC-approved universities like Calicut University, Himachal Pradesh University, IGNOU, Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi University School of Open Learning, and more. Candidates interested in pursuing a BSc Animation distance education course can check the course availability, and eligibility of their desired university and need to fill out the application form before the last date.
Fee for BSc Animation Distance Education
The fee structure for BSc Animation in distance learning varies from one university to another. The fee in the distance mode is lower than in the regular mode. An approximate fee for the courses ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 25,000 depending on the institute/university. Students can check the fee structure in the university prospectus.
BSc Animation Distance Education Course Details
- The curriculum of Distance BSc in Animation has an advanced curriculum related to technical education tools.
- The BSc Animation Distance Education course includes a practical internship and knowledge of different design patterns.
- Students can create unique animation designs taking into account the aspects of economics, culture, and social interaction.
- BSc in Animation is a 3-year professional animation course subject to 6 semesters offered by many colleges across India.
- However, the B.Sc Animation course fee structure through distance education mode may vary depending on colleges/universities.
What are the benefits of BSc Animation Distance learning?
As technology has evolved, it has increased the demand for many related things and programs. BSc Animation Open Learning is one of the courses which gained popularity in recent times, and some of the key factors for this course are:
- When you study BSc Animation Open Learning, you are getting into the gaming and animation industry field.
- The students interested in animation should opt for this course as it will provide them with the right path for implementing their interests.
- Students should consider this course as the demand for the animation sector is increasing day by day.
- You will be able to increase your knowledge about design, animation, multimedia, interactive applications, and publications, along with communicative skills in English.
- The students who want to continue their studies after completing BSc Animation online education can opt for the PG courses.
Preparatory Tips for BSc in Animation Distance Education
BSc Animation, Multimedia, and Gaming are some of the hottest industries today, and this course can set you on your way to entering it. Animation courses are designed for those interested in pursuing a career in the multimedia, film, television, advertising, and gaming industries. To reach a higher perspective, you must practice the idea of new tools because you have to improve your skills smaller level of consciousness to a higher one. Attending workshops about the course line will help you expand your knowledge, and you can make efforts to enhance your skills.
Overall, the BSc distance learning program deals with drawing, designing, and preparing photographic sequences. The undergraduate course boosts the potential skills in manipulating images from various sources, including audio, video, still images, animation, physical objects, text, and soundtracks. Animation training involves using digital data, software programs, and computer applications such as Photoshop and Flash.
BSc Animation Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
- To get admission, visit the college’s official website and read all the necessary information to fill out the application form carefully.
- After visiting the official website of the college/university, go through the admission portal to sign in for the admission portal.
- Applicants need to fill in all the correct details on the application form.
- Candidates can make the payment through online mode by cash or by e-challan.
- Take A Print out of the Final Submitted Form.
Documents required for BSc Animation Distance Education Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
BSc Animation Distance Education Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Elements of Information Technology||Computer-based 2D Animation|
|Introduction to Programming Language||Multimedia & Computer Graphics|
|Foundation Art||Introduction to 3D Animation & Modeling-I|
|Basics of Animation||Introduction to Mass Communication & Media Literacy|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Technical English-I||Technical English – II|
|3-D Animation – I||3D Animation – II|
|Production Process – I||Production Process – II|
|Multimedia – I||Multimedia – II|
|Composing & Editing||Layout and Perspective|
|Colour Theory||Sketching and Landscaping|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Script Writing – I||Script Writing – II|
|Content Development Direction I||Content Development Direction –II|
|Gaming Technology||Gaming Production|
|Digital Editing & Motion Graphic I||Digital Editing & Motion Graphics –II|
|Visual Effects –I||Visual Effects – II|
|V.F.X.- I||V.F.X. – II|
Entrance Exams for BSc Animation Distance Education
With more and more cartoons and animated shows being made, the need for good artists and the desire to take a course in Animation are both on the rise. As applicants increase yearly, colleges continually increase their intake of Animation students. Students who want to get into any approved college or institution’s BSc Animation distance education program must pass the entrance tests. Here are some of the most common tests to get into a B.Sc Animation distance education:
- The Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
- Jain University Entrance Test (JET)
- National Institutes of Design (NIDs)
- National Program Admission Test (NPAT)
- The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Design Aptitude Test (UPES DAT)
- Sharda University Admission Test (SUAT)
- Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED)
Top B.Sc Animation Distance Education Colleges in India
Admission to the B.Sc Animation distance education course is generally based on the merit score. Those students who want to be admitted to the course must match the eligibility criteria of the course. Some of the best B.Sc Animation Colleges/Universities in India are listed below.
|Top Colleges/Universities Name|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Jaipur National University Jaipur|
|Birla Institute of Technology||Savitribai Phule University Pune|
|Jain University Bangalore||Aakash Institute of Business Management Bangalore|
|VELS University Chennai||Desh Bhagat University Gobindgarh|
|Chitkara University Rajpura||Pacific University Udaipur|
BSc Animation Distance Education in India
Many popular universities and colleges are offering BSc Animation courses in distance learning mode in India. The university has started admission for this course so it is possible to enroll students who are taking interest in the BSc Animation course. In addition to preparing students for careers in the art industry, the course will prepare them for careers in a wide range of other industries as well. Students can choose the university or college on the basis of features, eligibility criteria, information, and fee structure.
What is B.Sc Animation Distance Education All About?
The BSc Animation program is a three-year undergraduate program that teaches students how to use both old and new computer software, and methods to make their creative ideas come to life.
As more and more students want to take this course, more and more universities are starting to offer it. With just a PC and software, the aspirant can make real-life models in a game while working. Students from any field can apply to this program and learn about the following topics:
- 3D Animation
- Cartoon creation
- Game creation
- Motion graphics
- Image creation
Scope of BSc Animation Distance Education
After completing the B.Sc Animation & Multimedia course, you can find job opportunities in IT software companies, TV Channels, Design/ Creative Firms, and many more sectors. Within these areas, students can find many job profiles like Art Director, Flash Animator, Video Editor, Animation Analyst, Motion Graphic Animator, 3D Animator, etc. The salary of a person holding an animation graduation degree may vary according to experience and skills in the related field of employment.
BSc Animation Distance Education Salary
Graduate candidates are worried about their jobs and their salary packages. After completing the B.Sc Animation course, they don’t have to worry about the same; students will get many job opportunities in the private and government sectors for Films and Television, Web Designers, 3D Animators in Web Design, Game Designers, etc. They are offered a great and handsome salary package of around INR 3.4 LPA to INR 5 LPA.
Top Jobs After BSc Animation Distance Education
After getting a BSc in animation from a distance, there must be a lot of job opportunities in the animation industry. The jobs you can get will depend on your skills and interests. Some of the top job positions are listed below:
|3D Modeler||Technical Director|
|Visual Effects Artist||Art Director|
|Motion Graphic Designer||Freelancer|
BSc Animation Distance Education Employment Areas
- Colleges & Universities
- Content Writing (Animation)
- Gaming Industry
- News & Magazines
Skills Required for BSc Animation Distance Education
To perform well in the BSc Animation program, you need skills beyond what you learn in college. Aspirants need to work on these skills to make themselves better all around and ready for anything:
- Creativity Skills
- Observational Skills
- Imagination Skills
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Listening Skills
- How to Deal with a Tense Situation