BPA Distance Education Admission 2023: The basic eligibility requirements for this course are that the candidate has passed 10+2 from a recognized educational board or equivalent, and there is no age restriction for admission. Depending on the course, the typical semester course fee ranges from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 60,000. You should be able to enroll as a candidate in courses related to your areas, like a Master of Performing Arts or a degree of a similar nature.
BPA Distance Education Admission 2023 Highlight
|Type of Course||Bachelors Degree Course|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Performing Art|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||Rs.15,000 – Rs.60,000 per semester|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Master of Performing Arts, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||Rs.3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Theatre Director, Acting Artist, etc.|
BPA Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must fulfill the necessary eligibility requirements in order to be considered eligible to enroll in a BPA program at any college. However, the admission requirements vary depending on the college the applicants wish to enroll in in order to pursue a BPA.
- The requirement for enrolling in a BPA program is passing the 10+2 or higher secondary exam with a degree.
- A minimum of 50% of the candidates’ 10+2 grades from an accredited board of education are required.
- In order to advance in this course, applicants for this course should have prior experience in the fine arts, which includes music, dance, and theater.
BPA Distance Education Admission Procedure
- To know the admission process, visit the official website of the University.
- In the Admission application form, the candidate needs to fill in all the information or details correctly.
- The candidate must check the preview of the application form carefully.
- Candidates can make the payment by cash or by e-challan.
- The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration only once the fees are paid successfully.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to BPA Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
BPA Distance Education Syllabus
The table below contains a full outline of the Bachelor of Performing Arts course syllabus that you will study during the program. The syllabus covered in the subject may vary depending on the university one chooses:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Raga Studies||Analytical Study of Indian Classical Music|
|Fundamental Study of Hindustani Music||Elementary Study of Hindustani Music|
|Fundamental Study of Tala||Western Music|
|Intensive Study of Raga||Elementary Study of Tala|
|Folk Music||Tala Studies|
|Rabindra Sangeet||Raga Studies|
|Analytical Study of Tala and Shastra||–|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|History of Dance||Indian Culture|
|New Media & Performance Practice||Movement Techniques|
|Technique of Dance||Mudras|
|Dance on Camera||–|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Introduction to Indian Theater||Film Theories|
|Indian Culture and Art||Folk Theater Forms of India|
|History of Indian Theater||Basic Concepts of FilmMaking|
|Theatre Production||Stagecraft and Design|
|Body Movement and Dance||Theory of Direction and Stagecraft Direction|
|Basics of Vocal Practice||History of Western Theater|
|Basics of Camera Light and Sound||Script Writing|
BPA Distance Education Subjects
A wide range of music, theater, and dance subjects are covered in the BPA Distance Education course. The following are the general subjects that will be covered during the course:
|Raga Studies||History of Dance||Introduction to Indian Theatre|
|Fundamental Study of Hindustani Music||New Media & Performance Practice||Indian Culture and Art|
|Fundamental Study of Tala||Technique of Dance||History of Indian Theatre|
|Intensive Study of Raga||Choreography||Theatre Production|
|Folk Music||Dance on Camera||Body Movement and Dance|
|Rabindra Sangeet||Indian Culture||Basics of Vocal Practice|
|Analytical Study of Tala and Shastra||Movement Techniques||Basics of Camera Light and Sound|
|Analytical Study of Indian Classical Music||Mudras||Film Theories|
|Elementary Study of Hindustani Music||Chandas||Folk Theatre Forms of India|
|Western Music||Basic Concepts of FilmMaking|
|Elementary Study of Tala||Stage Craft and Design|
|Tala Studies||Theory of Direction and Stage Craft Direction|
|Raga Studies||History of Western Theatre|