BSc Microbiology Distance Education 2024: Bachelor of Science Microbiology in distance mode is a three-year UG degree. In this degree, students will learn Biology subjects, including Ecology, Zoology, Botany, Biodiversity, etc. Students who wanted to take this course must have finished their 12th grade in the science stream with PCB. Admission to BSc Microbiology Distance Education is based on merit scores; however, some universities conduct entrance tests.
BSc Microbiology Distance Education Latest Admission Updates: February 2024
- IMTS Institute started the admission procedure for BSc Microbiology distance programs for the 2024-25 academic session. Fill out an application before the last date of 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- Subharti University has commenced BSC Microbiology admission for academic session 2024-25. Students fill out their admission form before 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- Admission announced at NIILM University Haryana for the BSc Microbiology program for the 2024-25 academic year. Submit your application by 28 February 2024. Apply Now
- SKU University has opened the admission portal for the BSc Microbiology course for the 2024-25 academic session. Complete the admission procedure before 28 February 2024.Apply Now
What is Distance BSc Microbiology?
The Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, also known as BSc Microbiology, is a UG-level course with 3 to 6 years of duration. Students now get an option to complete their studies in the Microbiology field as per their interest, even if they are working. In this course, students learn a lot about tiny living things. Microbiology is a part of biology that studies very small organisms like bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa. This program teaches students everything they need to know about these tiny creatures and how they work. People who complete this program can find jobs in different areas like healthcare, research, making medicines, and taking care of the environment.
BSc Microbiology Distance can be pursued by students who fulfil the parameters or entries that are given:
- On a merit basis, the students will be asked to achieve a qualification up to 10+2 learning level from a known institute.
- Its subjects must be related with an obtained score of 45%.
Various institutes charge varying fee amounts; thus, the average fee estimation for one year is around INR 16000 to INR 56000 for the BSc Microbiology distance program.
Distance BSc Microbiology is one of the most popular and highly demanded courses. Upon successful completion of this degree, students can work in a variety of positions. Food Inspector, Account Executive, Operations Manager, and Research Analyst are among them.
There is a salary range of INR 4 to 6.5 lakhs per annum after the distance BSc in Microbiology.
BSc Microbiology Distance Education Admission 2024 Highlights
|Type of Course
|Full-Form of Course
|Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|The course Duration of B.Sc Microbiology in Distance Education is 3 Years.
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board
|Average Course Fees
|INR 16,000 – INR 56,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|B.Sc (Nursing), B.Sc (Biotechnology), etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 4 – INR 6.5 LPA
|Bacteriologist, Mycologist, Biochemist, etc.
Is BSc Microbiology Distance Education Worth it?
Yes, it is worth studying for a BSc Microbiology Distance Education degree from a top and well-known distance college or university.
- Skills: There are numerous skills that a student acquires during a BSc Microbiology Distance Education course. Some important are numerical skills, analytical skills, teamwork, communication, IT skills, and others. Besides these skills, students become experts at writing and speaking skills.
- Time Flexibility: Distance courses are the best means of studying in a relaxed environment. It provides the students with a choice for making their study timetables and setting the time to take classes.
- Fee and Cost: Around INR 16,000 – INR 56,000 is the average annual fee for studying the distance BSc Microbiology course. This low fee structure enables most of the deprived students to complete their studies.
- Earn While You Learn: Students can earn throughout their learning process in a distance degree program like BSc Microbiology, and this is because of the flexible schedule of this study provided to students.
BSc Microbiology Distance Education Admission 2024
Those who want to study BSc Microbiology should know how to get in. Students can apply for BSc Microbiology DDE online by filling out the right information on the form. The price of an application form is between Rs. 500/- and Rs 1000/-.
The admission process depends on whether you do well in high school or whether you take tests. BSc Microbiology courses are occasionally offered through entrance exams at some universities. Alternatively, some institutes accept candidates based on their abilities.
There are a lot of BSc Microbiology Open Universities that give this course, like ANUCDE, IGNOU, Karnataka State Open University, etc. Getting into a university can be done online or in person, depending on how the university is set up.
Eligibility Criteria for BSc Microbiology Distance Education:
The following are the eligibility conditions for admission to the BSc Microbiology correspondence course:
- Candidates should have passed the 12th board examination with Biology as one of the subjects.
- Aspirants must score at least 45-50% marks in the HSE.
- There is no specific age limit to pursue this programme.
- Entry to the programme is based on a merit/entrance test.
BSc Microbiology Distance Education Fee Structure
Many universities take their tuition fee on a semester basis, whereas some charge it on a yearly basis. Students can pay it via Internet banking or other payment modes. Here is the estimated fee mentioned below for some of the colleges.
|NIMS University, Jaipur
|Rs 50, 550
|Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
|Rs 37, 450
|MKU University, Madurai
|Periyar University, Tamil Nadu
|Vinayaka Mission University, Tamil Nadu
BSc Microbiology Distance Education Syllabus
|Cultural education I
|Cultural education II
|Introduction to Biology
|Introduction to microbiology
|Physical science lab
|General microbiology lab
|Molecular biology lab
|Food microbiology lab
|Environmental and agricultural microbiology
|Genetic engineering lab
|Industrial microbiology lab
|Medical bacteriology lab
|Recombinant DNA technology
BSc Microbiology Distance Education Admission Process 2024
There are numerous universities that provide admission to BSc Microbiology Distance Education. Candidates who have to fulfill all the requirements of the admission process. The following instructions are mentioned below.
- In order to gain admission, Students must visit the official website.
- Download or fill out the application form online or offline as per university instructions.
- Students should write the correct information without any errors.
- Then attach all the required and important documents.
- After applying, the form candidate needs to pay the application fee through the online payment portal.
- Take A Print of the Final Submitted Form.
Documents Required for BSc Microbiology Distance Education
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
BSc Microbiology Distance Education Scope
Through distance education, candidates have many career options after completing the BSc in Microbiology. Different sectors and designations are available to them. Higher education is also an option, such as a Master’s degree in Microbiology and a PhD.
Those who complete the BSc Microbiology in distance mode can work as Microbiologists, Biomedical Scientists, Pharmacologists, Mycologists, Biochemists, etc. They can easily get an average salary of about INR 4 LPA to INR 6.5 LPA.
Jobs Opportunity After BSc Microbiology Distance Education
Distance BSc Microbiology degree holders have many job opportunities available in various industries, such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and food and beverage. Distance BSc Microbiology graduates have many options available for making a career in a variety of fields. More education or experience can lead to higher-level positions, such as lab manager, research supervisor, or department head.
- Research Scientist
- Quality Control Analyst
- Environmental Microbiologist
- Medical Laboratory Technician
Salary of a BSc Microbiology Distance Education
Students with a B.Sc. in microbiology can look for many different kinds of jobs. After getting a distance BSc in microbiology in India, you can work as a clinical research associate, a bacteriologist, a microbiologist, and so on. The pay can change depending on internships, research projects, skills, and so on.
The average income for someone with a BSc in microbiology is between INR 4 LPA and INR 6.5 LPA. This value changes based on how much knowledge and skill the candidate has on the job. BSc Microbiologist distance education graduates can work as lecturers, research officers, associate professors, chief hygienists, etc.
BSc Microbiology Distance Education in India
Candidates should qualify for the Bachelor of Science or BSc in microbiology in distance learning mode in India. They can get admission to various universities, institutes, and colleges. The cost of distance learning programs is affordable and low enough for candidates. Admission is based on the merit list and students don’t need to give the entrance exam to get admission to this course.
Those candidates who want to apply must have a 12th degree through a recognized board or institution. Apart from that, students must have all the admission criteria and fee structure of the university before applying.
BSc in Microbiology course enrolment is increasing each academic year. Students from states like Punjab, Maharastra, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, and Delhi have the highest number of students enrolling in this course.
B.Sc Microbiology Distance Education in TamilNadu
Tamil Nadu has a lot of universities and institutions which offer distance courses. Among them is the BSc in Microbiology. As it is a distance course, admission goes throughout the year. Currently, students may apply for admission by filling out the application form available on the website. Admission will be based on class 12th marks. Some universities may conduct an entrance exam as well.
B.Sc Microbiology Distance Education in Kerala
BSc Microbiology is an Undergraduate degree program with a duration of 3 years. The Universities, Colleges, and Institutes are providing the BSc Microbiology distance learning program. Students should qualify for the 10+2 with a science discipline in Biology subject. Students must check the fee and admission process before taking admission.
BSc Microbiology Distance Education FAQs:
Q.1 BSc Micrology Distance Education is a valid course or not?
Ans: Bachelor’s Micrology Distance Education is approved by UGC in India.
Q.2 What is the basic qualification for BSc Micrology?
Ans: BSc Micrology basic qualification is 12th degree through a recognized board.