BSc PCM Distance Education: As the name of the course indicates, BSc PCM distance education gives specialization in science, and the duration of this undergraduate course is 3 years. The course is focused on making science and mathematics professionals. In this course, a candidate gets a higher level of study in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. A BSc PCM candidate is not limited to making their career in science-based fields. They are able to work with both science and non-scientific areas.
- IGNOU is accepting the BSc PCM Distance admission for the July 2023 session. The admission deadline to register is 30 September 2023. Click Here
- The last date to apply for distance BSc PCM admission at Vardhman Mahaveer Open University is 30 September 2023. Official Notification
- BSc PCM Distance Education Admission 2023 is ongoing at Tamilnadu Open University. Visit Here
Interested applicants of BSc PCM via distance mode should read the following eligibility requirements before applying for it;
- Students who have passed the 10+2 in science from a recognized Indian education board with a minimum of 35% to 45% marks are eligible for distance admission to the BSc PCM program.
The cost of a distance BSc in PCM varies per university, however, it is often less than the cost of a normal program. The course fees are estimated to be between INR 10,000 and 50,000.
For the most part, BSc PCM Distance Admissions are based on merit. Several institutions, on the other hand, require applicants to take an entrance test in order to be admitted to their BSc programs.
BSC PCM Distance Education Admission 2023 Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Science in PCM|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of B.Sc PCM in Distance Education is 3 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||35% to 45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board with Science Stream|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 – INR 50,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||B.Sc (Nursing), B.Sc (Physics), B.Sc (Chemistry), etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Research Scientist, Scientific Assistant, Research Analyst, etc.|
BSc PCM Distance Education Admission 2023
A BSc special degree in PCM lasts three years in distance education. The bachelor’s degree course is highly focused on theoretical, practical, and conceptual knowledge of respected domains; physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Gates for admission to BSc PCM systematically open from January to the end close of September/October in universities like IGNOU, NOU, PSSOU, etc.
Admission is currently going on at several popular universities. Mangalyatan University-DE and IGNOU, as both have opened their admission portal for admission in the 2023 session. The last date to submit the application for the BSc PCM ODL course is 30 September 2023.
Eligibility for BSc PCM Distance Education
Any candidate who manages to satisfy the minimum eligibility requirements of the BSc PCM distance education course that is shown below can easily get admission.
- Aspirants need to pass the 12th grade or equivalent examination with the required subjects; physics, chemistry, and mathematics from an approved board.
- Distance universities require marks of 35-45% to grant admission to BSc PCM ODL.
BSc PCM Distance Education Fee Structure
The annual fee for a BSc PCM degree in distance education typically ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000 for state, private, and other institutions.
BSc PCM Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Step 1. To Apply For Admission To College Or University, Go To the Official Website.
Step 2. Candidates Need To Fill Application Through The Online Application Form.
Step 3. In The Application Form, Applicants Need To Fill in All The Correct Details.
Step 4. Incomplete/Incorrect Applications Or Forms With Errors Will Be Rejected.
Step 5. Payment Can Be Made Through Credit/Debit Cards Of The Application Fee + Entrance Exam Fee.
Step 6. If A Candidate Wants To Make Payment Of The Fees By Cash, They Can Do So Through Bank E-Challan.
Step 7. The Candidate Will Receive An Email And SMS Confirming The Registration Only Once The Fees Are Paid Successfully.
Step 8. Take out the fee receipt.
Documents Required for BSc PCM Distance Education
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
BSc PCM Distance Education Syllabus
The BSc PCM course syllabus focuses on every brief topic that the student in their professional career will need. This course helps them increase their skills so that they will be able to solve every problem that comes as a challenge in their professional career. The BSc PCM course syllabus is given below:
|BSc Physics||BSc Chemistry||BSc Mathematics|
|Electromagnetic theory||Energy and Fuel cells||Algebra|
|Mathematical Physics||Green chemistry||Analysis|
|Quantum Mechanics and Application||Industrial Chemistry||Calculus|
|Solid-state Physics||Material Science and Nanotechnology||Linear programming and optimization|
|Thermal Physics||Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Probability Theory|
|Waves and Optics||Polymer chemistry||Vector Analysis|
List of BSc PCM Distance Education University
BSc in PCM distance learning is offered by many universities. Here is a ranking of the top online universities:
|IGNOU||University of Mumbai|
|University of Delhi||Uttarakhand Open University|
|Chandigarh University||Nalanda Open University|
|Jaipur National University||Netaji Subhas Open University|
|Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University||Sikkim Manipal University|
|University of Madras||Birla Institute of Science and Technology|
In addition to these universities, a few more government, state, and private institutions offer distance learning programs for the BSc in PCM.
BSc PCM Distance Education Career Option
There are many employment options available to those with a BSc in PCM. They can get employment in a variety of fields depending on their knowledge. They are applicable in a variety of science-related industries, including educational institutions, research institutions, laboratories, and the petrochemical industry. Students have the option of entering the teaching profession as well as MNCs and marketing.
Here is a list of some of the job openings for those with a BSc in PCM:
|Forensic Crime Research||Researcher & Accountant|
|Biotechnology Firms||Oil Industry|
|Chemical Industry||Treasury Management Specialist|
|Educational Institutes||IAS, IPS & PCS Officers|
|Environmental Management and Conservation||Teacher & Professor|
What are the Benefits of BSc PCM Distance Education?
Below are some of the advantages of the BSc PCM program that can be done at a distance.
- Time-Saving: The distance BSc PCM program saves time because you don’t have to go to classes daily. It gives you the freedom to work towards other goals.
- Work in the Field: Before they give out master’s degrees, certain colleges make students work in the field for years. Through distance learning, you can get this knowledge. You’ll get your master’s degree in two to three years less time.
- While Studying: You may prepare for a test to get a government job or a test to get into college. You can get a Bachelor of Science in PCM if you need to pass that test for your job.
- Cost: A traditional study costs more money than a course you take at a distance. A bachelor’s degree can be earned at a low cost through distance study.
- Two Degrees: Under the new rules, students can now choose to get two degrees. You can get another degree in addition to your distance-based BSc PCM.
Educational Scope After Distance BSc PCM
Graduating with a distance BSc PCM program gives students a brilliant career and skill full personality. Students can opt for higher study options after this distance BSc program to polish their skills. The higher study master courses after the Distance BSc PCM course are:
- MSc Physics
- MSc Mathematics
- MSC PCM
- MSc Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)