BSc Physics Distance Education: The Bachelor of Science in Physics degree program lasts three years. It covers topics like mechanics, atomic physics, heat, energy, electricity, electromagnetic effects, thermodynamics, motion, magnetism, waves, effects of light (Optics), etc. Applicants with a 10+2 or equivalent qualification in mathematics & physics can apply for ODL admission.
- The last date to apply for BSc Physics correspondence courses admission at UOU is September 15, 2023. Source
- The admission process of IGNOU has started for the Distance BSc Physics program for the session 2023-24. The last date to register is 10 September 2023. Source
- MKU invited online applications for the BSc Physics ODL program; applicants can apply before the last date, September 30, 2023. Source
- Andhra University BSc Physics distance education admission deadline was August 31, 2023.
- Admission to the distance BSc Physics programme begins at Bharathidasan University for session 2023-24.
- The last date to apply for BSc Physics correspondence courses admission at UOU is September 31, 2023. Source
There are approx 15 universities in India approved by UGC to offer correspondence MSc Physics programmes including YCMOU, Madras University, Bharathidasan University, BRAOU, Nalanda Open University, VMOU, etc.
Both the public and private sectors hire people with a BSc in Physics. After completing this BSc Physics Distance Education, students can apply for a physics teacher, academic counselor, lab assistant, technician, etc. Salaries for BSc Physics range from INR 3 LPA to INR 8 LPA.
This Article discloses all the information related to the fee structure, eligibility, duration, and admission process of BSc Physics Distance Education.
Course Nam: Bachelor of Science Physics Distance Education.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have completed 10+2 with an aggregate of 35% to 45% in PCBM or PCM as necessary subjects to be eligible for BSc Physics Distance admission.
Fee Structure: The average tuition expenses for Distance BSc Physics in India might range from INR 10,000 to INR 35,000 annually.
Admission Procedure: In most institutions and universities, BSc Physics Distance Admission is mostly based on merit. A separate entrance test for BSc Physics admission is also held at several of the leading colleges.
BSc Physics Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Science in Physics|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Approved By||DEB, UGC|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||35% to 45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Science Stream|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 35,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||B.Sc (Geology), B.Sc (Mathematics), etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 to INR 8 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Academic Researcher, Astronomer, Metallurgist, etc.|
Is Distance BSc Physics Worth it?
It will be worth it for many students to get a BSc Physics Distance Education degree from any of the recognized top Indian institutes.
- Skills: This course will let the students gain skills like problem-solving along with analytical and pragmatic approaches. Such candidates will learn to provide reasoning in order to grasp complex situations and contract arguments. These candidates, with their analytical skills, hold a grip on our research skills.
- Time Flexibility: There will be a lot of time available for the learners as this course does not set any schedule restrictions or bind the candidates to reach the class on time or be punctual.
- Fee and Cost: Almost INR 10,000 to INR 35,000 is the average annual cost for studying a BSc Physics Distance course. This type of study is the most affordable learning method for most financially deprived students.
- Earn While You Learn: Those who study through distance mode can complete their dream of BSc Physics and also work to support study and other needs of life. It is best for working and inexperienced people.
BSc Physics Distance Education Admission 2023
BSc Physics distance education program is a three-year duration course driven to provide a standard learning experience in topics like classical mechanics, relativistic mechanics, condensed matter physics, electromagnetism, and numerous others. Many popular universities, such as NOU, MPBOU, YCMOU, etc., invite students every academic year to enroll in this program.
The admission gate is still open at MP BHOJ Open University for the BSc Physics distance program. The remaining universities will be able to begin the BSc Physics admissions process soon.
Registration for the IGNOU BSc Physics course (Specializations) is open for the July 2023 session. The last date to apply is 10 September 2023.
Eligibility for BSc Physics Distance Education
- There is a non-age limit for admission to this course; the aged candidates don’t have to worry about that.
- Admission to this course is sometimes based on the entrance exam and sometimes not. Those candidates who have qualified for the exam then they will proceed next to admission.
- The minimum criteria are 45% of marks in 10+2 from a recognized board of higher education.
BSc Physics Distance Education Fee
Candidates who are looking for the BSc Physics distance course are not required to pay the three-year fee completely in one go. The universities in India ask for an annual fee of INR 10,000 to INR 35,000 for the BSc Physics program to ease the pressure on candidates.
IGNOU BSc Physics Distance Education
IGNOU offers a BSc Physics course through distance learning, which is a convenient and affordable way for students who wish to make their career in physics. Students can complete the course without attending any classes, and the fee of the BSc Physics distance education course is lower in cost in comparison to the regular program.
BSc Physics Distance Education India
Many universities in India offer the BSc Physics course through distance education mode. Admission for the course is going on. Students can apply by going to the university’s website.
In India, distance education is opted for by many students who are not able to continue regular education. BSc in Physics also opts through distance learning. It has the same value as that of regular BSc Physics.
BSc Physics Distance Education in Kerala
In Kerala, many colleges offer BSc Physics programs via distance learning. Applications for admission can be submitted online. All steps of the admissions process can be done from home, so students don’t have to visit the institute.
The institute also offers online study materials that students need to finish the curriculum. Students can get to it at any time and from anywhere. Students who are already working professionals can continue their education through distance learning programs without quitting their jobs, businesses, or other activities.
BSc Physics Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Step 1. To apply for admission to a college or university, go to the official website.
Step 2. Candidates need to fill out an application through the online application form.
Step 3. In the application form, applicants need to fill in all the correct details.
Step 4. Incomplete/incorrect applications or forms with errors will be rejected.
Step 5. Payment can be made through credit/debit cards for the application fee + entrance exam fee.
Step 6. If a candidate wants to make payment of the fees in cash, they can do so through a bank e-challan.
Step 7. The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration only once the fees are paid successfully.
Step 8. Take out the fee receipt.
Documents Required for Admission to BSc Physics Distance Education
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
BSc Physics Distance Education Entrance Exam 2023
For admission into BSc physics, universities hold the following exams:
- GSAT Exam: This one-hour offline exam is administered by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management University and is required for admission to the BSc. Physics program.
- IISER Exam: To admit candidates, the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) hold an entrance exam.
- BHU-UET: For admission to BSC Physics Programmes, the Banaras Hindu University also administers an entrance exam. The exam will be held in August, and registration will begin in June.
- JEE Exam: For admission to the B.SC Physics program at IIT and IISc, JEE Exam is the selection criterion.
BSc Physics Distance Education Syllabus
The BSc Physics program is broken up into six semesters, and it is mostly about physics. Also, each semester, the students have to choose electives subject and do practicals. For the three years of a BSc Physics, the following is the course outline:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Classical Mechanics & Theory of Relativity||Properties of Matter, Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Electricity Magnetism & Electromagnetic Theory||Semiconductor Devices|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Computer Programming and Thermodynamics||Statistical Physics|
|Wave and Optics I||Wave and Optics II|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Quantum and Laser Physics||Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy|
|Nuclear Physics||Physics Lab, Solid-State, and Nano Physics|
Scope of BSc Physics Distance Education
Graduates of the BSc Physics distance program can find employment in both the public and private sectors. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), National Institute of Oceanography (NIO), Center for Good Governance (CGG), and Oceanography’s National Institute (NIO). The following are the professions that graduates can enter:
Here are some BSc Physics Distance Education career options for graduates:
- Research Assistant: A research assistant is someone who works on a temporary basis for a university to conduct and support research activities.
- Lab Technician: A lab technician’s primary responsibility is to oversee and manage all of the tools and equipment used in the lab.
- Consulting Physicist: Consulting a physicist develops technologies, works on ideas, and unearths aspects that aid in the growth of technology.
- Technical Assistant: Technical assistants support engineers in repairing electrical devices technically.
- Radiologist Assistants: With their extensive understanding of equipment, rays, and emissions, they support radiologists in their work.
- Radiation Oncologist Assistants: With their extensive knowledge of radiation waves, they assist radiologists in the treatment of cancer.
- Statistician: Statisticians gather and manage data so they can give clients accurate statistical data.
|Assistant Scientist||Senior Physicist|
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.