Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education 2024: Admissions to the diploma program in Library and Information Science have been started at various universities for session 2024. The last date is 29 February 2024 for Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance education admission in the January session. Generally, the duration of this program is about one year, and it is available in regular, distance, and online modes. Students have the opportunity to enroll in the course based on merit, which means that they don’t have to appear in the entrance exam.
Eligibility Criteria: The minimum percentage required is 45%, and the eligibility criteria are 10+2 from a recognized educational board for admission to the distance Diploma in Library and Information Science.
Diploma in Library and Information Science DDE Latest Update: February 2024
- For the academic year 2024, applications are now being accepted for the IMTS Institute’s Diploma in Library and Information Science DDE programme. Students need to apply before the deadline of 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- Subharti University commenced DLIS distance education admission for the 2024 academic year. Those students who are interested should apply by 28 February 2024. Apply Now
- Diploma in Library and Information Science DDE admission is ongoing at NIILM University for the 2024 academic year. Students can fill out an application for admission by 27 February 2024. Apply Now
- Mangalayatan University started the distance DLIS admission for the January session; students can apply before the last date of 29 February 2024. Apply Now
Fee Structure: The average fee cost for a Diploma in Library and Information Science distance course is INR 10,000 to INR 1,00,000 per annum.
Salary Offered: After completing the course Diploma in Library and Information Science through distance education, the average salary is about INR 2.5 L per annum.
Career opportunities: The distance Diploma in Library and Information Science will get you jobs like a librarian, store manager, director, information executive, etc.
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Full Form of Course
|Diploma in Library & Information Science (DLIS)
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|The course Duration of the Diploma in Library Science is 1 Year.
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board
|Average Course Fees
|INR 10,000 – INR 1,00,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|PG Diploma in Library Science, Bachelor in Library Science, etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 2.5 L per annum
|Librarian, Store Manager, Director, Information Executive, etc.
What is DLIS (Diploma in Library & Information Science)?
It is a Diploma-level Library and Information Science study. Students can take this course after getting their 12th-grade diploma from an Institute that is known. DLIS is well-known and approved by UGC. In this course, students learn how to run a library and store things like books, catalogs, stories, etc. They also learn how to create and maintain library databases, develop library policies, and provide library services to users.
Is a Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Worth it?
Yes, It is a completely worthwhile course that provides high-quality learning from various Universities. In this course, candidates will get various advantages and skills, some of which are mentioned below.
- Skills: The course mainly focuses to provide learning about discussion-making, organization, management, writing, creative thinking, etc,
- Time Flexibility: Students who want to set their study schedules according to their time availability can choose the distance courses as this will let them take their best time for study.
- Fee and Cost: Candidates who cannot afford to study through the regular mode can best choose the distance learning course like this diploma in Library and Information Science, which costs about INR 10,000 to 1,00,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Distance diploma programs are best to get experience through studies and by working in the related areas as the distance mode provides enough time so that students can earn besides learning.
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Admission 2024
Many universities has started admission for the distance Diploma in Library and Information Science for the academic year. Application forms are available on campus or on the university’s website. 29 February 2024 is the last date for DLIS Distance education admission for the January session. Students must have to submit their applications before the deadline. The application form can be easily found on the official website of the University chosen by students.
In this course, students learn about how to catalog, classify, and library books. Side by side, students also get knowledge of library management. Distance admission for a Diploma in Library and Information Science is given directly to those who meet the requirements. After 12th students can easily opt for this Diploma in Library and Information Science through Distance Education. The course learning is based on practical and theoretical work.
Among the course details for the DLIS program, students are required to take an exam that is administered by the universities. Those candidates who have passed a written test and qualifying exam will be shortlisted for the enrollment process.
Eligibility for Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education
- Eligibility conditions for admission to Diploma in Library Science course is varies in different colleges/universities.
- Most of the universities conducts direct admission to this distance learning programme, while some conduct entrance exam.
- The basic eligibility criteria that must required for admission to DLIS distance learning programme is 10+2/12th pass from a recognized board with a minimum mark of 50%.
- Diploma courses in library and information science do not have a specific age limit or criteria that have to be met in order to graduate.
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Fee
The fee structure is not the same for all universities. Students can check the details on the official websites of the universities. The average fee for the Diploma in Library and Information Sciences distance program varies from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 per annum.
Diploma in Library & Information Science Distance Education Syllabus
|Library and Society
|Library Classification theory
|Library Classification practice
|Reference and Information sources
|Research Methods in Library Science
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Subjects
The curriculum for a Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education covers a wide range of topics, from the basics of library and information science to how web tools can be used in libraries. The program also includes hands-on training to help students learn the skills they need. Some of the subjects that are usually covered in the DLIS course are:
- Research Methods in Library and Information Science
- Cataloging Principles and Practices
- Library Management
- Basics of Digital Libraries
- Information Retrieval Systems and Techniques
- Library Classification
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Admission Process 2024
Candidates applying for the DLIS Programmes through distance education mode can follow the given steps. By following the steps, students are eligible to fill out and complete the form successfully with any errors.
- Step 1. If you want to be admitted to the university, visit the university’s official website and fill out the application form online or offline. Submit the required documents.
- Step 2. Incorrect details in the application form will not be acceptable.
- Step 3: The admission and entrance exam payment will be made via credit or debit card.
- Step 4. After submitting the fee, the candidate will receive an SMS confirming the complete application process and can download the fee receipt.
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Documents Required
- Adhaar Card
- Pan Card
- 10th Certificate
- Driving License
- 10+2 Certificate
- D.O.B. Certificate
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Top Colleges
Library science courses are becoming more popular in India. So more colleges are offering them at the diploma, UG, and PG levels. Here is a list of the best colleges/universities in India that offer diplomas in library and information science:
|Educational Institute Name
|Lovely Professional University
|Janaki Devi Vocational Centre
|Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University
|Swami Vivekanand University
|Government Polytechnic College for Girls
|Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University
|BPS Institute of Polytechnic
|Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Scope
For additional in-depth understanding and experience, students can continue their studies after getting their diploma by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in library and information science. If you have a higher degree, you will undoubtedly have a better chance of getting a high-paying job.
- B.Lib.Sc: Several Colleges and Universities offer this bachelor’s degree, and a minimum GPA of 50% is required to graduate. Also qualified to apply for this course are graduates with a diploma in library and information science.
- Library and information science master’s degree: You will not be able to compete with students who have only received a bachelor’s or a diploma if you enroll in this course.
- MPhil in Library and Information Science: Colleges provide this two-year degree. This program is provided by reputable colleges like Delhi University, Loyola, and St. Xavier. One can work as a lecturer, an information sourcing analyst, or in the field of research after getting an MPhil.
- Ph.D. in library and information science: This program takes two to three years to complete. Those who have passed the NET or SLET are exempt from taking the admission test, but they still need to do well in the interview.
Courses After Diploma in Library and Information Science
Students who complete distance DLIS degrees can take up jobs or pursue higher education. Earning a higher education degree in the same field improves job chances. Graduates have the option of specializing in specific areas of the subject. The following are some options for higher education after a Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education:
- PGD in Digital Libraries
Career Scope of Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education
After this Diploma in Library and information science, Students can enter different fields. IT Services, Health Services, Library management, etc., are the top JOb sectors for this course. Career option is available in both sectors (Private Sector & Public Sector).
- Private tutor
- Store Manager
- Information Executive, etc
Placement Area after Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education
- High Courts
- Business firms
- School libraries
- College libraries
- Web Services Library
- Libraries of Ministries and other government departments
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Salary
There are different kinds of jobs you can do with a D.Li.Sc certificate. A graduate with a D.Li.Sc certificate starts with a salary of INR 2.5 to 5 LPA. Salary and annual earnings depend on the type of practice, performance, expertise, and other factors. Students can increase their salaries by getting more education and work experience. Some D.Li.Sc certificate jobs salaries are:
|Average Annual Salary
|INR 2.55 LPA
|INR 5 LPA
|INR 4 LPA
|INR 6 LPA
|INR 4.5 LPA
|INR 3.55 LPA
|INR 3 LPA
|INR 5 LPA
|INR 7 LPA
|INR 6 LPA
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education
Some Indian DLIS colleges require applicants to take entrance exams before they can get in. The few people who did well on the written test, which is the qualifying exam, will be asked to come in for an interview. Here are the most common exams for which most people sign up.
- BHU PET
- DHSGSU PGET
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education Skills Required
Some people are incredibly passionate about management and libraries and wish to pursue these fields professionally in the future. With the help of its extensive and in-depth topic material, the distance Diploma in Library & Information Science aims to enhance students’ skills. Some necessary abilities include:
- Critical-thinking Ability
- Analytical Ability
- Skill in Communication
- Possess the ability to manipulate complex and precise concepts
Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education FAQ
Q.1 What is the full form of the DLIS course?
Ans: DLIS stands for Diploma in Library Science.
Q.2 What should students do after the 12th for a librarian?
Ans: Students can easily opt for DLIS (Diploma in Library Science) after 12th is the best choice for becoming a librarian.
Q.3 DLIB or DLIS the same or not?
Ans: DLIB and DLIS are the same courses at all private and government universities.
Q.4 What are the fees for the Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education course?
Ans: Although, the Diploma in Library and Information Science course fee varies on the university. The average fee for the DLIS program is between INR 10,000 to INR 10,0000 (Depending on the University).
Q.5 Is there any specific age limit to apply for the Diploma in Library and Information Science Distance Education program?
Ans: If students fulfill the eligibility criteria, then minimum or maximum age does not matter for maximum University.