Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Admission: Distance Diploma in Hotel Management is designed for candidates who work part-time or full-time. Candidates will be eligible after completing 10+2 with a 50% score. They will not be required to appear in the entrance exam. The tuition cost of this program varies from INR 5000 to INR 50000. The universities that are offering this course are Amity University, SMU, and IGNOU. In the syllabus of this distance diploma, hospitality law & ethics, housekeeping operations, and similar subjects are taught.
Jobs are found in several sectors, and some of those are hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, etc. Salaries of individuals in these fields may vary from INR 4 to 7 LPA. Diploma distance hotel Management has the approval of UGC and DEB. The application deadline for this course will be September 2024.
What is a Distance Diploma in Hotel Management?
Distance Diploma Hotel Management is an affordable, convenient, and flexible learning program. The course syllabus is similarly set as it is done for the regular courses. Candidates can apply for this course at IGNOU, SMU, and Amity University. Eligibility of candidates is based on 10+2 science and 50% score.
Why Study for a Distance Diploma in Hotel Management?
- Affordability: Distance Diploma Hotel Management is affordable in its fee structure, varying from INR 5000 to 50000.
- Flexibility: Learning a distance Diploma is more flexible than a regular diploma because of online classes and flexible schedules.
- Promising Career: Various job opportunities are available in areas like travel agencies, hotels, and restaurants.
- Skills: This diploma course provides management skills to candidates along with leadership qualities.
Diploma in Hotel Management DDE Latest Admission Updates: February 2024
- The last date is 15 March 2024, and interested applicants can apply for the Diploma in Hotel Management admission at IMTS Institute for the 2024-25 academic session. Apply Now
- For the 2024–2025 academic year, Subharti University is now accepting applications for its Diploma in Hotel Management distance programme. Applicants can fill out the admission form before the deadline of March 10, 2024. Apply Now
- Admission to the Diploma in Hotel Management programme at NIILM University Haryana for the 2024–2025 academic year has been announced. The application deadline for admission is 10 March 2024. Apply Now
- Diploma in Hotel Management programme at SKU University is now accepting applications for the 2024–2025 academic year. Please apply before the deadline of 10 March 2024. Apply Now
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Diploma in Hotel Management
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board
|Average Course Fees
|INR 15,000 – INR 1,00,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|Bachelor in Hotel Management, PG Diploma in Hotel Management, etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 3 LPA – INR 5 LPA
|Hotel Manager, Front Desk Clerk, Restaurant Manager, Accommodation Manager, etc.
Is Distance Diploma Hotel Management Worth it?
A diploma course in Hotel Management is a reputed study course in the management field and is worth studying from a top Indian institute.
- Skills: Students studying this course gain various skills, including leadership, management, teamwork, organizational, social, and interpersonal skills. Such students become effective at communication skills.
- Time Flexibility: A lot of time is available for students studying through a distance diploma course. The study schedules are flexible, and in such type of learning, no restrictions exist to attend the classes on time.
- Fee and Cost: About INR 15000 to 100000 is the average cost of this diploma course charged in one year. A distance study program is affordable and easy to study.
- Earn While You Learn: In regular mode, earning while learning is not possible for students, where students are more focused on time schedules; however, in a distance learning diploma, students can gain working experience besides studies.
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Admission 2024
The Admission window is now open for the distance Diploma in Hotel Management program at various universities and colleges for the 2024 session. 15 March 2024 is the last date for the Diploma in Hotel Management distance education admission. Interested Students who want to take admission to this distance diploma program must apply before the admission last date. They can apply to any chosen university by visiting the official portal.
Students must meet the eligibility requirements for admission into the Diploma in Hotel Management in distance education. Before applying for the course, students must read the admission guidelines properly.
Eligibility for Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education
To get admission to a diploma in hotel management course, students must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below:
- Students have to pass (10+2)/PUC or equivalent exam from any stream from a recognized board/university.
- A Minimum of 45% mark is required to obtain in the 10+2/PUC exam for admission to this program.
- There are no age criteria required for admission.
Diploma in Hotel Management Fees
The average fee range of a Diploma Hotel Management program is from INR 15000 to 100000 per year. The fee range depends upon the institution, College, and university. Students check the fee structure for a diploma in Hotel Management in distance education at the University website.
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Admission Process 2024
- To pursue this course, the candidate must complete the admission application form from the college’s official website.
- While filling out an application form, applicants must remember that all the information filled in the application form has to be correct.
- Application forms with errors will be rejected.
- Payment for the application fee + entrance exam fee can be made by net banking.
- The students can make payments through a bank e-challan.
Documents required for Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education in India
In India, this program is offered by numerous Universities and institutes. Some of the popular Universities are TNOU, Chandigarh University, and Amity University. Students should have a 10+2 with a minimum score of 45% marks from a recognized educational board/institute. Students can check all the requirements of the university before being admitted to the course. Students can apply to the official portal of the University.
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Syllabus
|Front office operation
|Basic food production
|Basic food production
|Basic food and beverage service
|Basic food and beverage service
|Nutrition food science
|Health and hygiene
|Accommodation practical I
|Basic food production practical I
|Food and beverage management
|Quantity food production
|Quality food production
|Beverage operations practical
|Front office operation practical
|Principles of management
|Accommodation operation Practical II
|Principles of Accounting
|Hotel maintenance practical
|Industrial exposure training
|Advanced food production
|Advance food production
|Advance beverage services
|Front office management
|Marketing sales management
|Applications of computer
|Applications of computer practical
|Hotel financial management
Benefits of Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education
After receiving a diploma in hotel administration through remote learning, there are many work opportunities in the industry. Graduates can work in hotels, resorts, restaurants, cruise ships, and other related fields. Graduates can work anywhere because there is a demand for hotel management specialists on a global scale. This leads to advantageous networking opportunities and connections for jobs.
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Scope
Students with a diploma in hotel management have the scope to work in various employment such as the hospitality and tourism industry, as well as in forest lodges and guesthouses, once they have earned their degree. Also, graduates can pursue higher education in the same files such as a degree in hotel management. Administrative roles are also available for distance Diploma in Hotel Management in institutions such as universities, schools, warehouses, and business guest houses.
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Employment Areas
- Academic Institutions
- Tourism Companies
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Job Types
|Associate Market Manager
|Conference and Events Executive
|Guest Relations Executives
|Office Management Coordinator
|Business Support Associate
|Guest Relationship Officer
Diploma in Hotel Management Distance Education Salary
The starting salary for someone with a Diploma in Hotel Management would be between INR 3 and 5 LPA. As a person gets more skills and experience, their salary will also increase. The pay varies based on whether the job is in the private or public sector and how well-known the company is.
Those who pursue a diploma in Hotel Management will be able to specialize in hotel management or other hospitality services. There is a significant difference in salary between the public and private sectors, depending on the type of job or even the skills of the applicant.
|Assistant General Manager
|INR 3.2 LPA
|Front Office Manager
|INR 3.1 LPA
|INR 5.08 LPA
|INR 4.09 LPA
|INR 8.05 LPA
|INR 5.08 LPA
|Guest Relations Executive
|INR 2.88 LPA
More Distance Diploma Courses
- Diploma in Veterinary Inspector
- Diploma in Hardware & Networking
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Management
- Diploma in Material Management
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
Q: Can we do a Diploma in Hotel Management program in distance mode?
Ans: As per UGC guidelines, the Diploma in Hotel Management program can be done in distance mode.
Q: What is the duration of the Diploma Hotel Management program?
Ans: The duration of the distance Diploma hotel management program is one year.