MA in Yoga Distance Education 2024: Admission opens for the 2024 academic year for the MA in Yoga course in DDE. It is usually a two-year graduate degree, but the length of time it takes depends on the university. Yoga therapy, health and wellness, and philosophy are all part of the coursework. Depending on the institution, the requirements for getting in may be different. Those who have graduated from a college or university with a grade point average of at least 45% are eligible.
The cost of a course depends on the college and the percentage of the degree. Graduates with an MA in Yoga can work as Yoga Instructors, Yoga Therapists, Yoga Advisors, Yoga Specialists, and so on. The minimum salary is about INR 3.5 LPA, but it depends on experience and skills.
Below are mentioned the eligibility criteria for getting admission to the Distance MA in Yoga course.
- Aspirants must hold a UG degree in Yoga or a comparable subject to be eligible for an MA in Yoga.
- A UG degree with a minimum aggregate score of 45% is mandatory.
The average tuition for this course is between INR 12,000 to INR 49,600 per annum; however, rates vary per college and are based on the student’s bachelor’s degree.
Admission requirements may vary per institute. Some institutions will also conduct on-the-spot physical examinations to assess your yoga abilities. The majority of institutions provide admission to MA in Yoga Distance Education based on the candidate’s performance in the prior test.
MA In Yoga Distance Education Admission Latest Update: February 2024
- For the academic year 2024, IMTS Institute is inviting students to apply for the MA Yoga distance program. Students can fill out the admission form before the last date of 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- The last date is 28 February 2024 for MA Yoga distance education admission at the SKU University for the 2024 academic session. The deadline for admission is 25 February 2024. Apply Now
- Admission to MA Yoga distance programs at Mangalayatan University has begun in the 2024–2025 academic session. The last date to apply for admission is 28 February 2024. Apply Now
- Applications for the MA Yoga program are being accepted by William Carey University for the 2024 academic year. Applicants can apply by the last date of 28 February 2024. Apply Now
MA in Yoga Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Full-Form of Course
|Master of Arts in Yoga
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|Graduate from a Recognized University or Institution
|Average Course Fees
|INR 12,000 – INR 49,600 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|BA in Yoga, etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 3.5 L per annum
|Yoga Therapy Instructor, Therapist, Yoga Trainer, etc.
MA in Yoga Distance Education Admission 2024
The admission process has now started for the distance MA Yoga admission 2024, Several universities offer admission to this program. Candidates can submit the application form before the closing date of admission. To get in, candidates would have to fill out an application online.
MA in Yoga Distance Education Fee
The one-year fee that aspirants must pay for the successive two years or until the degree is completed differs in various universities in India. Applicants may assume the annual amount of the MA Yoga ODL from INR 12,600 to INR 49,600.
Eligibility for MA in Yoga Distance Education
For admission to the M.A. in Yoga Distance Education course, the requirements must be fulfilled, as depicted in the section below.
- Candidate must have completed graduation in BA/ BSc in Yoga Therapy or any other course from any of the recognized universities or institutions.
- The minimum percentage scored in graduation for getting admission to this course should be 45%.
- Passed degree must belong to the university approved by UGC.
MA in Yoga Distance Education Admission Process 2024
- Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website.
- Candidates need to fill in all the information correctly; otherwise, college universities will reject an Application form with incorrect details at a time.
- Candidates need to check all the information previews before submitting the Application form.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee before the last date of closing of the portal.
- Take a printout of the submitted application form and fee receipt.
Basic Requirements of Documents for MA in Yoga Distance Education Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- An Aadhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Universities for MA Yoga Distance Education Course Admission
Currently, there are two universities approved by UGC to offer MA Yoga courses in distance learning mode. The names of these universities are as follows:
- JVBI Distance Education
- KKSU Distance Education
MA in Yoga Distance Education Syllabus
MA in Yoga Distance Education syllabus covers every important topic so that the candidates will be available to solve every problem that will appear in front of them in their professional careers. The syllabus of the MA in Yoga Distance Education course is provided below:
|Basics of Yoga – Philosophy of Yoga
|Perspectives in Consciousness – Jainism, Buddhism, Sufism, Christianity
|Basics of Yoga II – Basic Sanskrit
|Scientific Study of Yoga and Consciousness
|Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
|Consciousness: Western & Interdisciplinary
|Basic Psychological Processes and Disorders
|Message of Upanishads
|Consciousness & Yoga
|Therapeutic Yoga Practice II
|Theoretical Perspectives of Yoga
|Advanced Techniques of Yoga
|Health and Yoga
|Patanjali Yoga Sutras and Shad Darshanas
|Basic Research Methodology and Statistics
|Traditions of Shramana Share
|Applications of Yoga
|Therapeutic Yoga Practice I
Benefits of MA in Yoga Distance Education
Students can select from academic and professional streams after completing the MA Yoga and Naturopathy in Distance Education degree program at an accredited college or institution in India. Both offer advantages, which we shall look for in the following parts.
Students who pursue postgraduate degrees in yoga and naturopathy will have the chance to learn some remarkable programs and improve their academic standing. After finishing the MA in Yoga and naturopathy program, you may choose to enroll in the Yoga Advanced Level program or pursue a Ph.D. in Yoga and naturopathy. The cost of a Ph.D. in the yoga stream ranges on average from INR 14,000 to 43,000.
Opportunities for employment can be found by pursuing a master’s degree in yoga and naturopathy. Research officers, yoga/aerobic instructors, yoga therapists, yoga teachers, yoga instructors, therapists, and naturopaths are just a few of the careers open to those with a PG degree in yoga and naturopathy. The average salary offered to the professionals of Yoga and naturopathy is in the range of INR 3.5 Lakhs per annum. Even yet, any applicant can begin a professional career with a starting LPA of INR 1.6.
MA in Yoga Distance Education Job Prospects and Career Options
- Students who obtain a professional degree in yoga gain access to the fitness industry and a plethora of work prospects.
- Students with an MA in Yoga Distance Education may find employment in the fitness industry as well as in the government’s AYUSH department.
- After earning their master’s degree, students can pursue careers as assistant professors in yoga institutes (private, state-run, and federal), junior research fellows in research institutes, and yoga therapists in multi-specialty hospitals, Ayurveda hospitals, Naturopathic clinics, and spas.
- Teaches yoga for health in several government departments, including the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- They can work as a yoga therapist in the community health center and run their own yoga studio or institution.
Below are some respected profiles & sectors in which yoga professionals can work and find great employment opportunities:
|Job Role Description
|Make a curriculum and guide classes in various yoga styles and levels.
|Prescribes customized exercise routines, breathing exercises, and relaxation methods to meet each person’s demands.
|Yoga & Naturopathy Research Officer
|To keep the project on track, oversee research initiatives and collaborate with your team.
|Give tips and recommendations regarding yoga asanas.
|Yoga Aerobic Instructor
|Instructs, guides, and inspires individuals or groups to practice stretching and strength training.
|Yoga Studio Manager
|Accountable for the daily operations of the studio and for training staff members.
|Government & Private Schools
|Yoga Therapy Instructor
|Yoga Colleges & Institutions
|ESIC General Hospital Naroda, Ahmedabad
|Hyatt Hotels Corporation
|Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy
|Consultant Yoga Therapist
|Yoga Research Centers
|Hotels & Resorts
|Marketing Field Worker
|Receptionist & Office Assistant
|Gym and Fitness Centers
|Community Healthcare Centers
|Customer Relationship Executive
|Front Office Assistant
|Customer Relationship Executive
MA in Yoga Distance Education Graduate Salary
MA yoga graduates can work in a wide range of fields. Those with a Master’s degree in yoga are considered the best. The average income for someone with an MA in yoga is between INR 2 and 8 LPA. An MA yoga graduate’s salary is based on their knowledge level, grades, and skills. The MA Yoga pay range in India is shown in the table below.
|Yoga & Naturopathy Research Officer
Q: What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the MA yoga distance education admission program?
Ans: Candidates looking for BA Yoga distance education admission must pass a BA in Yoga, or it is equivalent from a recognized university in India with at least 45-50% marks.
Q: What is the difference between an MA in Yoga and an MSc in Yoga?
Ans: MA Yoga stands for Master of Arts in Yoga, while MSc Yoga full form is Master of Science in Yoga. Both are postgraduate-level programs.