MSc Home Science Distance Education Admission 2023: This postgraduate degree in home science longs for 2 years. The degree provides the knowledge and understanding of food servicing, hospitality, and human resource handling in a broad manner. After completing the degree, one can easily get jobs in the food industry. Students can earn a decent salary package ranging from INR 3.5 L to 6 L per annum.
Distance MSc Home Science is a well-known course in India. After this course, the student can continue their studies with PhD in Home Science. Apart from good job options is also available including Health Care Counselor, Research Assistant, Food Analyst, Nutrition Expert, Dietitian, Health Educator and so on.
The course learning depends on theoretical and practical work of academic session 2023. Students also can eligibility, fees, duration, scope etc for Msc Home Science.
- The eligibility for admission in this course is that the candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation from any recognized university or institute.
- The average fee for the course is between INR 22,500 to INR 38,000.
- Students can apply for admission to MSc Home Science distance education in online mode and offline mode. For more information related to the admission procedure, read the full article.
MSc Home Science Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Science in Home Science|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 22,500- INR 38,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor in Home Science, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Nutrition Expert, Food Analyst, Baby Care Taker, etc.|
MSc Home Science Distance Education Admission 2023
MSc Home Science in the distance mode is designed ideally for students aiming to upgrade their academic knowledge, individual growth, and skills with the help of the curriculum offered in the program. The course is ready and can be applied at one of the numerous universities, e.g., Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, NOU, and many others.
Serval universities are accepting applications for MSc Home Science distance education for the 2023 academic year. Admissions deadlines must be met by candidates seeking admission. On the university’s official website, students can find the application form.
Eligibility for MSc Home Science Distance Education
Students must meet the following criteria in order to get their chances of admission to the MSc Home Science distance education program.
- Candidates have to complete the bachelor’s degree course from a recognized university with Home Sceine stream, or equivalent degree.
- For admission candidate should pass a bachelor’s degree with at least 50 percent marks.
MSc Home Science Distance Education Fee
The State, Private, and Central-run universities or institutions annually require the fee to allow students to continue studying the program. The approximate annual fee of the MSc Home Science distance education course is INR 22,500 to INR 38,000.
Benefits of MSc Home Science Distance Education
- It also provides a solid foundation for further research work in relevant fields, such as MPhil and PhD programs.
- In the production sector, students can work in jobs like food preservation, dressmaking, specialist cookery, textile design, fashion design, and garment manufacturing, or they can work in the hospitality and food industries.
- Additionally, they can work in hotel and hospitality management. Opportunities for employment as catering agents are available at many hotels, vacation resorts, etc.
- Professionals should be able to solve problems, communicate effectively, and develop their entrepreneurial talents.
MSc Home Science Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- To get admission to this course, the candidate must need to visit the university’s official website or the college.
- To fill out the application form, candidates must fill out the eligibility criteria for the application form.
- The candidate can also do payments through bank e-challan as an offline mode option.
- The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration only once the fees are paid successfully.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the college/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc Home Science Distance Education Syllabus
In the table below, you will find information about the MSc Home Science syllabus by semester.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Advanced Human Resource Management||Advanced Interior Designing|
|Hospitality Management||Housing and Landscape Designing|
|Food Services Management||Lifelong Learning for Development|
|Extension and Social Development in India||Social Entrepreneurship|
|Developmental Approaches and Panchayati Raj||Communication Skills Verbal|
|Human Welfare||Communication Skills Written|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Consumerism||Furniture and Furnishings|
|Agriculture and Agroeconomics||Energy Management|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Environmental Studies|
|Basic Computer Applications||Women’s Studies|
|Science and Technology in Rural Areas||Gender Studies|
|Program Design and Evaluation||Community Health|
|Population Studies||Issues in Home Science|
MSc Home Science Distance Education Top Universities
For people who are unable to attend a university or college full-time, distance education has emerged as a fantastic option during the past several years. The MSc in Home Science is offered in this format by many universities in India so that students may conveniently finish their correspondence courses. Universities frequently give students extensions on time allotted to finish this course. Some of the institutions providing this course through distance learning are listed below:
|Banaras Hindu University||NIMS University|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Himalayan University|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||Periyar University|
|Calicut University||KSOU University|
|Mumbai University||Sikkim Manipal University|
|Kurukshetra University||Vinayaka Mission University|
|Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||MDU University|
|Tamil Nadu Agricultural University||The Global Open University|
|Subharti University||Subharti University|
|Annamalai University||Manav Bharti University|
|Kalinga University||Periyar University|
|Jaipur National University||NIMS University|
M.Sc Home Science Distance Education In India
In India, many universities are offering the course M.Sc in Home Science through distance education. IGNOU, DUSOL, AMU, and BHU are the top universities that offer admission to this course every year. After completing the degree, students can work at Restaurants, Hotels, Customer Services Providers Agency, and BPOs. The course is very popular among female students, but the number of male students is also significant.
Scope of MSc Home Science Distance Education
A candidate can choose from a variety of research-based and professional courses after earning their MSc in home science, some of which are covered here.
- MBA Human Resource Management – Candidates for the MSc in Home Science have a strong foundation in human resource management, making the MBA in Human Resource Management a very lucrative alternative. To be admitted to this program, students must pass the CAT exam.
- Interior Design – Candidates with an MSc in home science who have a keen interest in art and design might consider enrolling in one of the many interior design courses offered.
- Ph.D. Home Science – Candidates with an MSc in home science who want to take research-based courses can choose to pursue a Ph.D. in home science.
Note: All above-mentioned dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.