MSc Home Science Distance Education 2024: Distance MSc Home Science is a well-known course in India that lasts two years. This master’s degree program broadly provides knowledge and understanding of food servicing, hospitality, and human resource handling. Students with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University with at least 40%-50% marks can apply for this distance education program.
After completing this course, the student can pursue a PhD in Home Science or look for a job. MSc Home Science distance education graduates can easily get jobs in the food industry and work as Health Care Counselors, Research Assistant, Food Analyst, Nutrition Expert, Dietitian, Health Educator, etc. They can earn a decent salary package ranging from INR 3.5 LPA to 6 LPA.
The eligibility for admission in this course is that the candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation from any recognized university or institute.
The MSc Home Science Course fees in Distance Mode depend on the university and university. But the average fees students will be required to deposit are Rs 22,000/- to Rs 38,000/- to the university.
MSc Home Science Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Science in Home Science|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 22,500- INR 38,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor in Home Science, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Nutrition Expert, Food Analyst, Baby Care Taker, etc.|
Benefits of MSc Home Science Distance Education
- It also provides a solid foundation for further research work in relevant fields, such as MPhil and PhD programs.
- In the production sector, students can work in jobs like food preservation, dressmaking, specialist cookery, textile design, fashion design, and garment manufacturing or in the hospitality and food industries.
- Additionally, they can work in hotel and hospitality management. Opportunities for employment as catering agents are available at many hotels, vacation resorts, etc.
- Professionals should be able to solve problems, communicate effectively, and develop their entrepreneurial talents.
MSc Home Science Distance Education Admission 2024
Application forms for admission to the distance MSc Home Science course will be available soon at the official websirtte poof the university that offer this programme. Most of the universities opens their application windows for both January and July sessions. Currently, the admissions will be going to start for January 2024 session.
MSc Home Science in the distance mode is designed ideally for students aiming to upgrade their academic knowledge, individual growth, and skills with the help of the curriculum offered in the program.
Applicants are fulfill the eligibility requirements can get admission to MA Home Science Distance Education. Many universities are accepting applications for M.Sc. Home Science distance education for the 2024 calendar year session.
Eligibility for MSc Home Science Distance Education
Students must meet the following criteria in order to get their chances of admission to the MSc Home Science distance education program.
- Candidates have to complete the bachelor’s degree course from a recognized university with a Home Sceine stream or equivalent degree.
- For admission, the candidate should pass a bachelor’s degree with at least 50 percent marks.
MSc Home Science Distance Education Fee
The State, Private, and Central-run universities or institutions annually require the fee to allow students to continue studying the program. The approximate annual fee of the MSc Home Science distance education course is INR 22,500 to INR 38,000.
MSc Home Science Distance Education Syllabus
In the table below, you will find information about the M.Sc. Home Science syllabus by semester.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Advanced Human Resource Management||Advanced Interior Designing|
|Hospitality Management||Housing and Landscape Designing|
|Food Services Management||Lifelong Learning for Development|
|Extension and Social Development in India||Social Entrepreneurship|
|Developmental Approaches and Panchayati Raj||Communication Skills Verbal|
|Human Welfare||Communication Skills Written|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Consumerism||Furniture and Furnishings|
|Agriculture and Agroeconomics||Energy Management|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Environmental Studies|
|Basic Computer Applications||Women’s Studies|
|Science and Technology in Rural Areas||Gender Studies|
|Program Design and Evaluation||Community Health|
|Population Studies||Issues in Home Science|
Universities for MSc Home Science Distance Education
Currently in India, There is no university that offers an MSc in Home Science specialization via Open and Distance Learning mode. But, students can pursue MA in Home Science distance education from Swami Vivekanand Subharti University or Uttarakhand Open University. It is also a master’s level degree in Home Science.
MSc Home Science Distance Education Application Form Process
- To get admission to this course, the candidate must need to visit the university’s official website or the college.
- To fill out the application form candidates must fill out the eligibility criteria for the application form.
- The candidate can also make payments through bank e-challan as an offline mode option.
- The candidate will receive an email and SMS confirming the registration only once the fees are paid successfully.
Basic Requirements of Documents for Admission to the College/University
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
M.Sc Home Science Distance Education In India
Several popular universities, colleges, and institutes are offering admission to M.Sc in Home Science programs through distance education. IGNOU, and BHU are the top and reputed universities that provide quality education to students. After completing the degree, students can work at Restaurants, Hotels, Customer Services Providers Agency, and BPOs. The course is very popular among female students, but the number of male students is also significant.
Scope of MSc Home Science Distance Education
A candidate can choose from a variety of research-based and professional courses after earning their MSc in home science, some of which are covered here.
- MBA Human Resource Management – Candidates for the M.Sc. in Home Science have a strong foundation in human resource management, making the MBA in Human Resource Management a very lucrative alternative. To be admitted to this program, students must pass the CAT exam.
- Interior Design – Candidates with an M.Sc. in home science who have a keen interest in art and design might consider enrolling in one of the many interior design courses offered.
- Ph.D. Home Science – Candidates with an MSc in home science who want to take research-based courses can choose to pursue a Ph.D. in home science.
Top Distance Education Universities India
|Banaras Hindu University||NIMS University|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Himalayan University|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||Periyar University|
|Calicut University||KSOU University|
|Mumbai University||Sikkim Manipal University|
|Kurukshetra University||Vinayaka Mission University|
|Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||MDU University|
|Tamil Nadu Agricultural University||The Global Open University|
|Annamalai University||Manav Bharti University|
|Kalinga University||Periyar University|
|Jaipur National University||NIMS University|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the scope of MSc Home Science Distance Education?
Ans: After completing this course from a well-known university, students have various options to do like. As an MSc Home Science, Graduates have various options, either go for higher education or explore multiple sectors like Food Science, Hospitality Management, Healthcare, and many more.
Q: Is MSc Home Science available in IGNOU?
Ans: Yes, IGNOU offers an MSc Home Science distance education program. Candidates can apply twice a year.
Note: All dates mentioned above are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more admission information.