MSc Zoology Distance Education 2023: Distance MSc Zoology is a PG-level course related to animal studies. The main subject of these programs includes biology, Endocrinology, Evolution, behavior, and the structure of animal bodies. After this course, students can work as professors, zoologists, animal trainers, etc. The registration process for the MSc zoology distance education program has started for the academic session 2023-24. Students who would like to enroll in this course and want to know about it can check out this article.
Candidates looking for admission to the distance MSc Zoology program have to fulfill the eligibility criteria first. However, various universities offer this master’s program in distance mode; students will have the opportunity to choose the University as per their choice. Each University invites students for admission by filling out the application form on their official portal.
MSc Zoology covers numerous elective subjects, including Immunology, Ethology, Biotechnology, Cell biology, Molecular biology, Ecology, Animal physiology, Developmental biology, etc. The course duration is 2 to 4 years at an academic level.
It is the most popular and demanding bachelor’s degree in the science stream. It takes 2 years, which are split into 4 semesters. A student can apply for this Master’s course after getting their bachelor’s degree. After the course, universities place qualified students in jobs and give them good pay packages.
A student who has earned a Bachelor’s degree from any UGC-approved University with 50% marks is eligible to apply for admission.
The average fee for pursuing the course varies from INR. 26,200 to INR. 43,000 per annum.
The admission procedure for the course is mentioned below in the article. For detailed information, students must read the article completely.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Science in Zoology|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 26,200 – INR 43,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Bachelor in Zoology, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Animal Behaviour and Training Specialist, Zoologist, Wild Life Biologist, etc.|
MSc Zoology Distance Education Admission 2023
MSc Zoology in distance education has successfully provided students finest way of grabbing standard learning experiences in parasites & immunity, receptor biology & cells, neuroscience & endocrinology, genetics, and many more sub-fields of Zoology. The two-year postgraduate degree program admission is possible at YCMOU, TNOU, NOU, and numerous other approved distance universities in India.
The admission to the advanced zoology program for the current academic year 2023 has not yet started. The universities are responsible for initiating the admission process and can share notifications of opening the forms. Mostly, admission forms can be filled and submitted online, regardless. The offline mode is still followed. Candidates who are going to take admission to the MSc Zoology Distance Education Course can apply by going to the institution-authorized web portal. In India, numerous universities are currently available for admission, such as LPU, etc.
Eligibility for MSc Zoology Distance Education
To gain admission to an MSc in Zoology through distance mode, students must follow the Eligibility Criteria mentioned below. The criteria are prevalent because many institutes follow them.
- Students who have their UG degree in subjects like Zoology, Life science, and medicine will get an MSc in the Zoology admission process.
- The minimum percentage mark required for admission to this course is 50%.
- Candidates will have to clear the entrance exam taken by the university.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Fee
The two-year program of MSc Zoology normally requires a yearly fee from candidates with the help of universities at state, central, and other levels. Even annually, candidates see much difference in fees from INR 26,200 to INR 43,000.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Admission IGNOU
It is a two-year PG course offered by IGNOU for students who cannot continue their studies in regular mode. This course provides candidates with a basic understanding of the subjects and branches related to Zoology. Admission to this course requires students to have graduated from a recognized university with a major in either zoology or lifestyle. The admission deadline is 10 October 2023.
TNOU MSc Zoology Distance Education Admission 2023
MSc Zoology Distance Education is a PG course duration of 2 years offered at TNOU. Candidates learn about topics and branches related to Zoology in this course. Students should complete a degree in zoology or animal lifestyle-related topics from a well-known university with at least a 50% score to become eligible for admission at TNOU.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
One who is curious to apply for the MSc Zoology distance education course can follow the given admission process. One thing students need to know is that the admission process can vary from university to university. However, the given process can be followed by the majority of the universities.
- To get admission, visit the college’s official website and read all the necessary information to fill out the application form carefully.
- Candidates can be able to fill out the admission application form through the application portal.
- Before submitting the application form, applicants must check whether the filled details are correct or not.
- After applying, the form candidate needs to pay the application fee through the online payment portal.
- Payment will be made through debit/credit cash or BHIM.
Documents Requirements for MSc Zoology Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Why pursue an MSc in Zoology Distance Education?
Students who graduate in zoology or a closely related science stream take the popular and challenging MSc Zoology Distance Education program across the nation. The students who decide to enroll in the MSc Zoology program research all the advantages that can arise from earning a master’s degree in zoology. Following are some of the main justifications for choosing an MSc in zoology:
- Professional Options – The variety of career options that can be pursued after earning an MSc in Zoology is one of the program’s highlights. The students are put in a variety of fields, and they can become zoology professors, researchers, animal trainers, wildlife specialists, etc. Both the governmental and private sectors are hiring students.
- High Wage – An MSc in Zoology normally has a decent salary structure. After completing this degree, the average starting wage is around 3 lakhs per year, and it ultimately increases after the probationary period is through.
- Betterment of Animals and Humans – The pupils will be able to comprehend a number of aspects of animal anatomy and behavior, which will benefit both animals and humans. After showing a bit more consideration for the needs of animals, they will be able to improve the environment for both humans and animals. For the benefit of both humans and animals, they will be able to make better decisions and offer better solutions.
- Increased Employment Prospects – As public awareness of the need to protect animals and the environment has grown, there has been an increase in employment opportunities across a variety of industries. There are numerous organizations that give children opportunities.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Syllabus
The two-year, four-semester MSc Zoology Distance Education curriculum is divided into semesters. These two years are spent teaching MSc Zoology courses. The MSc Zoology subject list provides students with both academic and practical expertise.
The MSc Zoology courses are taught to the students progressively, and at the conclusion of each year, exams are given to determine the student’s level of understanding. Following is the MSc Zoology Distance Education semester-by-semester syllabus used by the majority of MSc Zoology colleges:
|Basic Concepts of Biomolecules and Structural Biology||Separation and Diagnostic Techniques|
|Cellular Organization||Osmoregulation, Excretion, and thermoregulation|
|Community Organization and Structure||Endocrinology, Bioluminescence & Stress Physiology|
|Basic Concepts of Ecology||Overview of Developmental Biology|
|Biogeography of India, Habitats, and Resources||Evolution|
|Introduction to Immune System||Practicals|
|Hypersensitivity Reactions and Autoimmune Diseases||Biostatistics Introduction, Measures and Theories of Probability|
|Biosystematics and Taxonomy||Muscle Physiology, Neurophysiology & Receptors|
|Annelida to Echinodermata||Genetics|
|Enzymes and Metabolism||Organogenesis|
|Functional Biology of Nucleic Acids||Functional Anatomy of Vertebrates|
|Biogeography of India, Habitats, and Resources||Project work|
|Community Organization and Structure|
|Natural Resource Management|
|Antigen-Antibody Nature and Complement System|
|Transplantation and Tumour Immunology|
|Protozoa to Platyhelminthes|
Candidates may select from one of the available elective streams in Semesters 3 and 4. Comparative animal physiology, neuroscience, parasitology, and fisheries are some of the elective courses. The MSc Zoology course list for the third and fourth semesters is available for students to review. In their final year, students are taught certain elective subjects and are primarily assigned project work, practical work, and internships to gain experience in the industry. Following are the subjects that must be covered in the MSc Zoology final year:
- Applied Zoology
- Medical Entomology
MSc Zoology Distance Education in India
Many colleges and universities in India offer distance learning admissions to MSc Zoology programs. To get into an MSc Zoology online education program at a college or university in India, a student must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field from a recognized university in India and a grade point average of at least 50%. The course fee is different at each college.
Students who want to apply to any university can do so by going to the university’s main website. Zoology is a popular choice for PCB students who don’t want to go for a medical program. As this course’s demand increases, various high-salary job options are available, such as Animal Biologist, Animal Scientist, Forensic Biologist, etc.
MSc Zoology Distance Education in Delhi
Numerous Universities of Delhi open their admission window for the distance MSc Zoology program. Students who desire to apply can apply before the admission deadline. To apply for admission candidates should have passed a BSc in Zoology or its equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognised University. The application form can be easily found on the official website of their chosen University.
MSc Zoology Distance Education in West Bengal
Students of West Bengal have multiple options for choosing a university for the distance MSc Zoology program. Serval universities of West Bengal, like the University of Kalyani, Nrtaji Subhas Open University, etc., open their admission window every for the distance MSc Zoology program.
To apply for admission to these universities, candidates must complete graduation in BSc Zoology or an equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized university in India. However, the course fee of this master’s program is different at each university. The average course fee is between INR. 26,200 to INR. 43,000 per annum.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Scope
After completing their MSc Zoology program, students have the option of looking for alternative professional paths in addition to working. They can prepare for the civil services exam or pursue further education in the relevant profession. The students can also hunt for government employment and establish themselves well in order to obtain a permanent position. The students might look into some of the further study options available to them after completing an MSc in zoology.
- Management Courses – Madras University offers a Master of Science in Information and Technology distance education program. Admission for the new academic session is going on. Candidates looking for admission to this two years duration master’s program must pass BSc in IT/ BCA/ BSc Computer Science or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized University in India. The application form for this distance education program is available on Madras University’s official website.
- BA LLB – If a student wishes to work in law, they can enroll in the BA LLB degree. The students can complete a typical 5-year undergraduate degree in law in 3 years instead of 5. Students who choose to practice law can become advocates, lawyers, consultants, or private or corporate attorneys.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Skills Required
Graduates of the M.Sc. in Zoology program should become proficient analysts and problem solvers. They ought to have effective communication abilities and be imaginative in their contribution to novel ideas. Graduates in M.Sc. Zoology should have the following abilities:
|Team building skills||Attention to Details|
|Hard work||Subject knowledge|
|Research Skills||Leadership Powers|
|Communication Skills||Computer Work|
Q- Can I do a distance MSc in Zoology?
Ans: Numerous Universities from all over India offer MSc Zoology programs in distance mode. The course is approved by UGC-DEB.
Q- What is the course fee of the MSc Zoology distance education program?
Ans: The MSc Zoology distance education program course fee depends on the university. The average course fee of this master’s program is between INR 26,200 to INR 43,000.