PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education: It is a 1 Years PG diploma course. This course helps students learn skills related to the hospitality industry, operations, and management of personnel resources. So they can professionally grow their career in the industry. The minimum eligibility for admission in this course is 50% upon graduation from any recognized university or institute. The average fee for the PGDHM ODL course is INR 10,000/- to INR 35,000/-.
PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education Admission 2023 Highlights
|Type of Course||Post Graduate Diploma|
|Full-Form of Course||Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Science|
|Approved By||DEB, UGC|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of the PG Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Science in Distance Education is 1 Year.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a Recognized University or Institution|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 – INR 35,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||Diploma in Hotel Management, Bachelor in Hotel Management & Catering Science, Master in Hotel Management & Catering Science, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.8 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Food and Beverage Manager, Chef, etc.|
IGNOU Hotel Management Courses
The students interested in Hotel Management courses but can’t study regularly can continue their education with IGNOU. IGNOU offers Hotel Management courses in different profiles for students coming from different platforms. Some of the most demanded IGNOU Hotel Management courses are listed below:
- B.A in Tourism Studies (BTS)
- B.A. in Vocational Studies Tourism Management (BAVTM)
- Bachelor of Science (Hospitality and Hotel Administration) (BHM)
- Certificate in Food & Beverage Service Operation (CFBO)
- Certificate in Front Office Operation (CFO)
- Certificate in House Keeping Operation (CHO)
- Certificate in Tourism Studies (CTS)
- Diploma in Tourism Studies (DTS)
- Master of Science (Hospitality Administration) (MHA)
- Master of Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Operation (PGDHO)
PGDHM Catering Science Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- Completed UG Degree program from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 50% of marks is required in the UG degree program mark sheet.
- For ST/SC students, a minimum of 45% of marks is required in the UG degree program mark sheet.
- Candidates having a UG degree from any of the related subjects can apply for admission.
- Admission is based on either merit basis or any entrance exams which are equivalent to it.
- Based on college selection, students have to write the entrance exam or attend a personal interview at the desired college.
- Any age group that meets the eligibility criteria can apply.
PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education Admission Procedure
- Candidate Read the Admission Notification Before Apply the Recruitment Application Form through the official website.
- Kindly Check and Collect All documents – Eligibility, ID Proof, Address Details, Basic Details.
- Candidates can get admission by filling out the online application form.
- In the application form, applicants need to fill in all the correct details.
- Application forms with errors will be rejected.
- The candidate is free to pay an application fee through the online payment portal by debit/credit card or by BHIM UPI.
- After completion of filling out the application form applicant have to take a printout of the fee receipt.
Basic Requirements of Documents for PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus for a PGD in hotel management & catering science differs from college to college. These are the main subjects that make up the PGD hotel management & catering science curriculum. Syllabuses are designed to equip students with the information and abilities they need to work in the hospitality sector.
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Front Office Management||Housekeeping Management|
|Food and Beverage Production||IT for Hotel Industry|
|Nutrition and Hygiene||Food and Beverage Cost Control|
|Kitchen Operations Management||Business and Market Research|
|Financial Accounting||Customer Service Management|
|Language Skills||Facilities Design and Management|
PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education Skills Required
People who want to enroll in the PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education courses must have a number of skills to date in order to improve their learning environment and be effective in the field. Below are some PGD in hotel management & catering science abilities that those enrolled in the course can learn.
- Time Management
- Organizing Skills
- Numerical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Communication Skills
PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education Job and Career Opportunities
|Employment Area||Job Profile||Recruiters|
|Hotels||Hotel Manager||The Taj Hotels|
|Restaurants||Front Office Manager||Oberoi Hotels|
|Cruise Ships||Chef||Hyatt Hotels|
|Resorts||Sous Chef||Radisson Blu|
|Bars and Pubs||Bar Manager||Holiday Inn|
|Catering Companies etc.||Guest Relationship Manager||Crown Plaza|
|Food and Beverage Manager|
PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education Salary
A person with a PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education would get a starting salary of about INR 3.8 LPA. As their skills and knowledge grow, so will their salary increase. The pay varies based on whether the job is in the private or public field and how well-known the company is. Aspirants’ job roles are also taken into account when discussing salaries.
PG Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Science Distance Education Future Scope
One’s career can go in a lot of different areas with a job in hotel management and catering science. The main employment sectors in this industry include hotels, quick food restaurants, motels, resorts, and restaurants. As more and more hotel companies continue to grow their businesses in response to globalization, the hospitality industry has become more and more popular among students as a career option.
India is a well-liked tourist destination, so there are several independent and chain hotels in every city. The need for more specialists in the hotel management industry is at an all-time high. It is expected to remain high as a result of the need to continue filling job openings caused by fast business expansion.
The scenario outside of India is essentially the same, with tourism and hospitality ranking among the most lucrative industries in most nations. A hotel management or catering science training candidate may find work prospects outside of India with lots of room for advancement.