PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Admission 2024: PGD in Travel Tourism Management admission started in distance mode for the academic session 2024. The PGDTTM ODL program is a 1 year PG diploma course that can be completed in the maximum time period of 2 years. The eligibility for admission in PGDTTM distance education is graduation from any recognized university or institution. There is no specific age limit to take admission to this course. The average fee for the course is Rs. 8,000 – Rs. 32,000 per annum. For more information about the course call 9210989898 and get free counseling.
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Admission Latest Update: February 2024
- Admission for the PGD in Travel Tourism Management via Distance Education is now open at IMTS Institute. The deadline for submission of applications is 29 February 2024. APPLY NOW
- Singhania University will begin accepting applications for its PGD in Travel Tourism Management program in the fall of 2024. 29 February 2024 is the deadline for applications. APPLY NOW
- For the 2024 session, SKU University will begin accepting applications for its PGD in Travel Tourism Management program. The deadline for applications is 29 February 2024. APPLY NOW
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Post Graduate Diploma
|Full-Form of Course
|Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|The course Duration of PGD in Travel & Tourism Management in Distance Education is 1 to 2 years.
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|Graduate from a Recognized University or Institution
|Average Course Fees
|INR 8,000 – INR 32,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|Bachelor in Travel & Tourism Management, BBA Tourism & Hospitality Management, Master in Travel & Tourism Management, etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 4.5 L per annum
|Travel Agents, Reservation and Counter Staff, etc.
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Eligibility
- Go through college eligibility criteria before applying
- Eligibility criteria vary from college to college
- Having a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized institute.
- To apply for this course. Minimum 50% marks required in bachelor’s degree
- Any stream students are eligible to apply
- Pass percentages vary from college to college
- Based on college selection, students have to write the entrance exam or attend a personal interview at the desired college.
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Admission Procedure 2024
Step 1. The candidates should fill out the application form through the online portal of the college.
Step 2. All the information provided in the application form should be correct.
Step 3. The payment for the application fee + entrance exam fee can be made through both online and offline modes.
Step 4. The confirmation notification for the admission will be sent through email or SMS to the candidate.
Documents Required for PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Admission
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 & UG certificate
- Date of birth certificate
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Syllabus
|Management Process & Organizational Behaviour
|Tourism Products of India
|Sustainable & Eco-Tourism
|Tourism Policy, Planning & Development
|Transport in Travel & Tourism
|Computerized Reservation System
|Information Technology & Tourism
|Communication Skill Development
|Tour Guiding and Visitor Interpretation
|Indian History Art, Culture & Architecture
|Managerial Communication Skill
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Entrance Exam
One of the primary requirements for admission to this particular degree is passing the entrance exam. Along with the 50% percentile scored on the Bachelor’s degree, the entrance exam percentiles play an important role in determining admission.
Although it may vary from institute to institute, the average percentile required may be different. The following are a few of the top entrance exams for the Travel and Tourism program.
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
- AIMS Test for Management for Admissions (ATMA)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Career Options and Job Prospects
Every career begins with three domains: employment in the public sector, employment in the private sector, and options for self-employment.
- Jobs with the government are available in the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), State tourism bodies, and other organizations.
- Graduates can also get employment in the private sector at prestigious firms like Make My Trip, Private Airlines, Private Star Hotels, etc.
- Some graduates want to launch their own travel agencies.
|Tour Management Companies
|Hospitality Establishments such as Hotels and Resorts
|Entrepreneurship Opportunities / Private Businesses
|Tour & Travel Coordinator
|Travel Journalist / Writer
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Future Scopes
- There are numerous work options in the future scope of the PGD in Travel and Tourism Management Distance Education course. The hotels, modes of transportation, tour itineraries, and general stay of the tourists may be managed by experts in travel and tourism management.
- Graduates of the PGD in Travel & Tourism Management Distance Education program are frequently hired by both the public and private sectors. Another common job choice for professionals is self-employment.
- After successfully completing the PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education course, one can find employment as an airline cabin crew, hotel manager, tour manager, tourism officer, tourist information center manager, travel agency manager, etc.
- After passing graduation candidates will have multiple career options. Candidates can start their travel agency, ticketing business, tour business, travel consulting, tourist information service, and other businesses if they possess the necessary entrepreneurial abilities and a sizable sum of money.
PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education Top Colleges in India
Here is a list of some of the best colleges that offer distance learning courses for the Post Graduate Diploma in Travel Tourism Management.
- All India Institute of Management Studies, Chennai.
- School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade, Business School, Lucknow.
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- New Delhi YMCA Institute of Management
- The University of Mysore
- Vikram University
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition
Skills Required for PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education
For a PGD in Travel Tourism Management Distance Education, you need to have certain skills. Here are a few key skills that will help you during the PGD course as you do advanced coursework and study.
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to analyze
- Skills in communication
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Expertise in the subject matter
- The ability to adapt
- Ability to focus on goals
- Ability to handle pressure