B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education?: BSc Agriculture, a full-time undergraduate program with the full form “Bachelor of Science in Agriculture,” offers admission via merit and entrance exams. In order to enroll in the Distance Education course, a minimum of 40% of the students must have passed 10+2 from a reputed educational board and have a Science stream. The course fees range from Rs.10,000 to Rs.30,000 annually. The minimum age for enrollment is not specified. Upon completion, graduates are qualified to pursue various employment roles, such as Agriculture Officer, Agriculture Development Executive, and Program Assistant.
Under UGC (University Grant Commission) rules, students can’t get admission into the BSc Agriculture program through distance education. BSc Agri course learning is mostly based on practical work. Agricultural science research and practice is the primary focus of this UG degree program. Four years are required to complete the program. Agricultural technologies and techniques will be applied in a real-world setting in this course.
BSc Agriculture is a comprehensive 4-year undergraduate program that focuses on the research and application of agricultural science, encompassing disciplines like Genetics and Plant Breeding, Agricultural Microbiology, Plant Pathology. This Government of India-recognized professional degree prepares students to use current agricultural methods in real life.
The 8-semester BSc Agriculture Syllabus includes Agronomy, Soil Science, Entomology, Horticulture, Crop Physiology, Genetics, Business Development Executive, Agricultural Research Scientist, Plant Biochemistry, and Agricultural Economics. Assistant Plantation Manager, Agriculture Officer, and Marketing Executive are possible careers for graduates. Starting salaries for BSc Agriculture professionals are INR 3,40,000–5,20,000.
A minimum score of 50% in class 12 (science or related subjects) is required for a BSc in Agriculture degree program. This course requires Class 12 Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
The average cost of a BSC Agriculture program is between INR 10,000 and INR 30,000 per annum. Additionally, the first-semester fee must be deposited along with the application/registration fee. BSc Agriculture Entrance Exams are options. TN Agricultural University and Punjab Agriculture University offer this program for INR 25,000–70,000.
The course structure of BSC Agriculture possesses Eight Semesters, theory and practicals. An agriculture-oriented course prepares a syllabus with the following subjects: Fundamentals of Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Human Values, Forestry Introduction, and more.
After completing the degree in B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education, the candidates can gladly pick any of the options between academic and professional. The scope of the degree is very bright. Thus, we shall learn about the same in detail in the next sections of this Unit.
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education 2024: is it valid in India?
A B.Sc Agriculture degree through distance learning mode is not valid in India because the UGC and DEB haven’t been approved. Due to the requirement for hands-on practical learning and classroom teaching, the BSc Agriculture program is not available in distance learning mode in India. Students who want to take BSc Agriculture courses can do so in a regular way. Students must take classes on campus to get a BSc Agriculture degree.
B.Sc Agriculture Admission Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Science in Agriculture|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of B.Sc Agriculture in Distance Education is 4 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board with Science Stream|
|Average Course Fees||Rs.10,000 – Rs.30,000 per annum|
|Employment Roles||Agriculture Officer, Agriculture Development Executive, Program Assistant, etc.|
What is B.Sc Agriculture?
BSc Agriculture is a 3-year undergraduate course that imparts knowledge of technical means and techniques in agriculture. Graduates of this program have promising career prospects, with job opportunities including roles such as Agricultural Analyst, Agricultural Officer, Plant Breeder, and Seed Technologist.
Why BSc Agriculture?
- B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education program aims to provide agriculture education via distance mode.
- BSc Agriculture is a bachelor-level course with a duration of 4 years divided into 8 equal semesters so that the students can gain all the essential education and knowledge in this discipline easily.
- The curriculum of this course is aimed at enhancing students’ knowledge about topics like agronomy, agricultural economics, soil science, horticulture, genetics, crop physiology, etc.
- Students who cannot complete their education due to fees, time, or any other reason can benefit from this program.
Is B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education Worth it?
Doing a B.Sc Agriculture can be worth it if you get this degree from the best and most popular distance-learning agricultural institute. But, it is not available in distance mode in India till now.
- Skills: Getting a BSc in Agriculture via distance mode can make students fluent in oral skills because these skills will help in communicating with farmers. Besides these skills, this degree will also provide the best farming practices skills, pest control, fertilizer application skills, etc.
- Time Flexibility: Distance BSc students can find comfortable study time through agricultural education without interfering with their hectic schedules. After work, after midnight, or on the weekends are all good times to study.
- Fee and cost: Most regular BSc course in Agriculture is expensive as compared to distance program. The average academic fee for this distance program ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 per annum.
- Earn While You Learn: Because BSc Agriculture distance learning is conducted online, students don’t have to waste money or time traveling to and from their classes. Therefore, these students can work a job or run a business to make money.
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education Admission?
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education Admission is not offered now by any Institute, University, or College, but it may be possible in the future. At the present time, a student can pursue this program in regular mode only. Admission to this program will be started soon in regular mode for the upcoming session.
The B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education program is a UG-level agricultural program. In general, a minimum of 50% is required to enroll in the course. A B.Sc in Agriculture may take 4 to 6 years to complete, but the field has a wide range of possibilities. Agriculture, soil science, agriculture engineering, water resources, and everything else related to agriculture will be covered by students. Students often pursue master’s degrees or seek employment after graduation.
Eligibility for B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education?
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for admission to the BSc Agriculture open university course. Eligibility criteria vary from university to university. The basic eligibility criteria that are followed by every university are given below:
- Qualified for 10+2 examination in the science stream from a recognized board of education (State Board or Central Board).
- Scored an aggregate mark of 50% in the 10+2 exam from any recognized state or central board.
- Admission is based on either merit basis or any entrance exams which are equivalent to it.
- Based on college selection, students have to write the entrance exam or attend a personal interview at the desired college.
- Any age group that meets the eligibility criteria can apply.
B.Sc Agriculture Admission Application Form
BSc Agriculture admission processes vary among institutes. Some colleges admit students directly based on merit and personal interviews, while others conduct national, state-level, or university entrance exams.
Prior to the application deadline, submit a college application form, whether online or offline.
Admission consideration is based on the submitted application.
Entrance Exam-based Admission:
Complete the registration for relevant BSc Agriculture Examinations (e.g., KCET, KEAM for Karnataka and Kerala colleges).
Admission is determined by performance in these exams.
Successful candidates typically go through counseling sessions, To finalize admissions, personal interviews are conducted.
Several Universities and colleges provide online admission to BSc in Agriculture programs. The application form is released on the university’s website. Students can fill out the application form and download it from the official website of the University. The application form must be filled out with the correct details. All required details and important information like name, father’s name, DOB, and marks should be filled in according to the educational certificates.
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education Fee
The fee structure for the course may vary from one institute to another. Students can check the fee structure of a particular university before applying for admission to a BSc in Agriculture course. An average fee varies from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30,000 per year.
Key Points for B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education
- BSc Agriculture Open Learning provides you with the opportunity to study agriculture in detail.
- The students interested in further education can opt for PG courses with the help of various entrance exams like ICAR PG, UPCATET, CMAFFU, etc.
- Since this is a UG-level course, it opens up the platform for various govt. Jobs like IBPS, UPSC, FCI, etc.
- After completing the BSc Agriculture correspondence, you can apply for various jobs in different profiles like Plant Breeder, Seed Technologist, Agriculture Technician, etc.
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education In Annamalai University
Annamalai University does not offer a BSc Agriculture course in distance mode. Students can pursue the course in a regular mode of education. The university is offering admission to only eligible students. The eligibility criteria are the same as other UG courses. Students should have completed their 12th class in the science stream from any UGC-approved university. The course lasts for 4 years duration.
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education in Telangana
Students from Telangana can apply for BSc Agriculture courses in regular mode at several universities. The course is not approved by UGC and DEB in distance mode so students can pursue the course in regular mode only. It is an undergraduate degree in the field of agriculture. Only students who have completed their 12th-level education from any recognized board of education are eligible for admission.
B.Sc Agriculture Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Fundamentals of Agronomy||Fundamentals of Crop Physiology|
|Fundamentals of Genetics||Fundamentals of Plant Biochemistry|
|Fundamentals of Soil Science||Fundamentals of Entomology-I|
|Fundamentals of Horticulture||Fundamentals of Agricultural Economics|
|Rural Sociology & Educational Psychology||Principles of Organic Farming|
|Introduction to Forestry||Fundamentals of Plant Pathology|
|Introductory Animal Husbandry||Production Technology for Vegetables and Spices|
|Comprehension & Communication Skills in English||Fundamentals of Agricultural Extension Education|
|Agricultural Heritage||Food Processing and Safety Issues|
|Introductory Biology or Basic Agriculture 1||Human Values & Ethics|
|Elementary Mathematics or Basic AgricuIture 2||Soil and Water Conservation Engineering|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Crop Production Technology 1 (Kharif crops)||Crop Production Technology II (Rabi crops)|
|Practical Crop Production 1 (Kharif crops)||Practical Crop Production II (Rabi crops)|
|Fundamentals of Plant Breeding||Principles of Seed Technology|
|Agricultural Microbiology||Problematic Soils and their Management|
|Agricultural Finance and Cooperation||Renewable Energy and Green Technology|
|Farm Machinery and Power||Production Technology for Ornamental Crops, MAP, and Landscaping|
|Principles of Integrated Disease Management||Entrepreneurship Development and Business Communication|
|Environmental Studies & Disaster Management||Introductory Agro-meteorology & Climate Change|
|Dairy Science||Poultry Production & Management|
|Fundamentals of Entomology-II|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Rainfed and dryland Agriculture||Farming System, Precision Farming & Sustainable Agriculture|
|Crop Improvement-1 (Kharif crops)||Crop Improvement-II (Rabi crops)|
|Pests of Crops and Stored Grain and their Management||Manures, Fertilizers, and Soil Fertility Management|
|Agricultural Marketing Trade & Prices||Farm Management, Production & Resource Economics|
|Protected Cultivation and Secondary Agriculture||Diseases of Field and Horticultural Crops and their Management-II|
|Diseases of Field and Horticultural Crops and their Management-I||Post-harvest Management and Value Addition of Fruits and Vegetables|
|Production Technology for Fruit and Plantation Crops||Watershed and Wasteland Management|
|Communication Skills and Personality Development||Beneficial Insects and Pest of Horticultural Crops and their Management|
|Intellectual Property Rights||Elective-2|
|Principles of Food Science & Nutrition||Educational Tour|
|Geo-informatics and Nanotechnology||–|
B.Sc Agriculture Subjects
Subjects for the B.Sc Agriculture fall into two categories: core subjects and electives subjects. Projects, summer internships, dissertations, and other assignments are all required. As part of the syllabus structure, all of these elements are included.
BSc agriculture in distance education program is structured in such a way that students can study each topic in depth. The following are some of the BSc Agriculture distance learning subjects:
|B.Sc Agriculture Core Subjects||B.Sc Agriculture Elective Subjects|
|Fundamentals Of Agricultural Economics||Agri-Business Management|
|Fundamentals Of Agronomy||Crop Improvement And Food Safety|
|Fundamentals Of Plant Biochemistry And Biotechnology||Integrated Crop Management|
|Fundamentals Of Soil Science||Applied Horticulture|
|Human Values And Ethics||Agro-industrial Training|
|Introduction To Forestry||Commercial Beekeeping|
|Intellectual Property Rights||Mushroom Cultivation Technology|
|Principles Of Organic Farming||Seed Production And Technology|
|Crop Improvement||Soil, Plant, Water, and Seed Testing|
|Floriculture And Landscape Architecture|
B.Sc Agriculture Fee
|University Name||Admission Process||Annual Fee (In Rs)|
|Global Open University||Direct||24,450/-|
|Uttarankhand Open University||Merit basis||4,340/-|
|Kumaun University||Merit basis||25,345/-|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||Merit basis||30,340/-|
B.Sc Agriculture Admission Process
Any College/Institute/University doesn’t offer BSc Agriculture distance education, but you can apply for admission to BSc Agriculture in regular mode by following the steps mentioned below:
- Candidates can visit the official website of the institute for admission-related queries.
- Candidates download the application form for offline methods, or candidates can fill out the online application form.
- Candidates need to fill in all the information correctly.
- After completing this application form and fee, the payment applicant gets a notification of the completion of the application procedure.
- After completing of filling out the application form applicant has to take a printout of the fee receipt.
Documents required for admission in B.Sc Agriculture Program
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- An Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Career Scope in B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education?
There are a lot of career possibilities for those students who wish to make a career in the agricultural field may be able to pursue a postgraduate degree program in agriculture-related subjects, which would expand their career prospects and provide them with more opportunities in terms of career progression. Some of the career opportunities are given below.
|Agriculture Officer||Field Officer|
|Assistant Plantation Manager||Probationary Officer|
|Agricultural Research Scientist||Rural Development Officer|
|Agriculture Development Officers||Farm Manager|
|Agriculture Technician||Horticulture/ Landscaping Manager|
|Agriculture Officer Agriculturists||Researcher|
|Business Development Executive||Plant Breeder|
|Marketing Executive||Crop Trial Officer|
|Specialist officer (Agricultural Field Officer)||Food Quality Manager|
|Junior Agricultural Associate||Project Manager|
Employment Areas After B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education?
Research and the use of current technologies in agricultural development are therefore plentiful with BSc agriculture degrees. Agriculture-related jobs are available in a variety of sectors for those who are interested.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- National Seeds Corporation Limited (NSCL)
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL)
- National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)
- Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI)
- Central Institute of Agriculture Engineering (CIAE)
- Central Soil and Water Conservation Research and Training Institute (CSWCRTI)
- National Horticulture Board (NHB)
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE)
- Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET)
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education Salary?
After getting a BSc in agriculture, you can work for private and state companies in India. Different companies in India pay different amounts for people with a BSc in agriculture. There are many job possibilities for people with a BSc in agriculture. They can work with actuaries, research organizations, labs, chemical companies, educational institutions, public relations, and so on.
- BSc Agriculture Salary is usually based on how qualified the candidate is. Graduates with a BSc in agriculture start with an income of about INR 3.5 LPA.
- The salary for BSc Agriculture jobs is based on several things, such as the person’s personal knowledge, academic results, experience, skills, location, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Can BSc Agriculture be done through distance education?
Ans: No, BSc Agriculture can not be pursued in distance mode. UGC does not approve the course in distance mode.
Ques: Can I do a BSc in Agriculture from Open University?
Ans: No, Students can not enroll in the course at an open university. In India, Open universities do not offer BSc Agriculture courses in distance mode.
Note: The UGC has not authorized the BSc Agriculture course for distance learning in India. Students can pursue the course only in regular mode. The purpose of this article is only to answer pupils’ questions.