BSc Agriculture Distance Education: Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (BSc) is an undergraduate degree program in the agriculture field. B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education duration is about 4 years. Agriculture has influenced the development of the program. Therefore, this program will teach subjects related to agriculture streams, such as agriculture economics, agriculture science, forestry, etc. According to UGC guidelines, BSc Agriculture doesn’t offer distance education mode.
- Eligibility: A minimum score of 50 percent in 12th in science or related subjects is required for a BSc in Agriculture degree program.
- Fee: The average cost of a BSC Agriculture program is between INR 10,000 and INR 30,000 per annum. Additionally, the first-semester fee must be deposited along with the application/registration fee.
- Subjects: The course structure of BSC Agriculture possesses Eight Semesters, theory, and practicals. An agriculture-oriented course prepares a syllabus with the following subjects: Fundamentals of Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Human Values, Forestry Introduction, and more.
- Scope: After completing the degree in BSC Agriculture, the candidates can gladly pick any of the options between academic, and professional. The scope of the degree is very bright. Thus, we shall learn about the same in detail in the next sections of this Unit.
Note: BSc Agriculture distance education is not possible in India till now.
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Full-Form of Course||Bachelor of Science in Agriculture|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of B.Sc Agriculture in Distance Education is 4 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board with Science Stream|
|Average Course Fees||Rs.10,000 – Rs.30,000 per annum|
|Employment Roles||Agriculture Officer, Agriculture Development Executive, Program Assistant, etc.|
What is B.Sc Agriculture?
The BSc Agriculture is a bachelor-level course with a duration of 4 years divided into 8 equal semesters so that the students can gain all the essential education and knowledge in this discipline easily. The curriculum of this course is objectified at enhancing students’ knowledge about topics like agronomy, agricultural economics, soil science, horticulture, genetics, crop physiology, etc.
The B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education is a specialized programme that aims at providing education with respect to agriculture via distance mode so that the students who are unable to complete their education due to the foundation of fees, time, or any other reasons can also accomplish their education.
Is Distance BSc Agriculture Worth it?
Doing BSc Agriculture via distance mode can be worth it if you get this degree from the best and most popular distance-learning agricultural institute. But, it is not available in distance mode in India till now.
- Skills: Getting BSc in Agriculture via distance mode can make students fluent in oral skills because these skills will help in communicating with farmers. Besides these skills, this degree will also provide the best farming practices skills, pest control, fertilizer application skills, etc.
- Time Flexibility: Distance BSc students can find comfortable study time through agricultural education without it interfering with their already hectic schedules. After work, after midnight, or on the weekends are all good times to study.
- Fee and cost: Most regular BSc course in Agriculture is expensive as compared to distance program. The average academic fee charged for this distance program is ranging between INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 per annum.
- Earn While You Learn: Because BSc Agriculture distance learning is conducted online, students don’t have to waste money or time travelling to and from their classes. Therefore, these students can work a job or run a business to make money.
BSc Agriculture Distance Education Admission
BSc Agriculture Distance Education Admission doesn’t offer now by any Institute, University, or College, but it may possible in the future. At the present time, a student can pursue this program in regular mode only. Admission to this program will be started soon in regular mode for the upcoming session.
BSc in Agriculture Distance Education is a UG-level agricultural program. A minimum of 50 percent, in general, is required to enter the course. A B.Sc in Agriculture may take 4 to 6 years to complete, but the field is vast. Students will learn about agriculture, soil science, agriculture engineering, water resources, and everything related to agriculture. Many students pursue a master’s degree or look for work.
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for admission to the BSc Agriculture course. Eligibility criteria vary from university to university. The basic eligibility criteria that are followed by every university are given below:
- Qualified 10+2 examination in science stream from a recognized board of education (State Board or Central Board).
- Scored an aggregate mark of 50% in 10+2 exam from any recognized state or central board.
- Admission is based on either merit basis or any entrance exams which are equivalent to it.
- Based on college selection, students have to write the entrance exam or attend a personal interview at the desired college.
- Any age group that meets the eligibility criteria can apply.
Key Points for B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education
- BSc Agriculture Open Learning provides you with the opportunity to study agriculture in detail.
- The students interested in further education can opt for PG courses with the help of various entrance exams like ICAR PG, UPCATET, CMAFFU, etc.
- Since this is a UG-level course, it opens up the platform for various govt. Jobs like IBPS, UPSC, FCI, etc.
- After completing the BSc Agriculture correspondence, you can apply for various jobs in different profiles like Plant Breeder, Seed Technologist, Agriculture Technician, etc.
- Students who have not been able to complete their education in the regular mode due to lack of time or costs can efficiently complete their education with this course since there are no time-bound classes and the cost expenditure is very low as well.
B.Sc Agriculture Course Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III|
|Fundamentals of Agronomy||Fundamentals of Crop Physiology||Crop Production Technology 1 (Kharif crops)|
|Fundamentals of Genetics||Fundamentals of Plant Biochemistry||Practical Crop Production 1 (Kharif crops)|
|Fundamentals of Soil Science||Fundamentals of Entomology-I||Fundamentals of Plant Breeding|
|Fundamentals of Horticulture||Fundamentals of Agricultural Economics||Agricultural Microbiology|
|Rural Sociology & Educational Psychology||Principles of Organic Farming||Agricultural Finance and Cooperation|
|Introduction to Forestry||Fundamentals of Plant Pathology||Farm Machinery and Power|
|Introductory Animal Husbandry||Production Technology for Vegetables and Spices||Principles of Integrated Disease Management|
|Comprehension & Communication Skills in English||Fundamentals of Agricultural Extension Education||Environmental Studies & Disaster Management|
|Agricultural Heritage||Food Processing and Safety Issues||Dairy Science|
|Introductory Biology or Basic Agriculture 1||Human Values & Ethics||Fundamentals of Entomology-II|
|Elementary Mathematics or Basic AgricuIture 2||Soil and Water Conservation Engineering|
|Semester IV||Semester V||Semester VI|
|Crop Production Technology II (Rabi crops)||Rainfed and dryland Agriculture||Farming System, Precision Farming & Sustainable Agriculture|
|Practical Crop Production II (Rabi crops)||Crop Improvement-1 (Kharif crops)||Crop Improvement-II (Rabi crops)|
|Principles of Seed Technology||Pests of Crops and Stored Grain and their Management||Manures, Fertilizers and Soil Fertility Management|
|Problematic soils and their Management||Agricultural Marketing Trade & Prices||Farm Management, Production & Resource Economics|
|Renewable Energy and Green Technology||Protected Cultivation and Secondary Agriculture||Diseases of Field and Horticultural Crops and their Management-II|
|Production Technology for Ornamental Crops, MAP and Landscaping||Diseases of Field and Horticultural Crops and their Management-I||Post-harvest Management and Value Addition of Fruits and Vegetables|
|Entrepreneurship Development and Business Communication||Production Technology for Fruit and Plantation Crops||Watershed and Wasteland Management|
|Introductory Agro-meteorology & Climate Change||Communication Skills and Personality Development||Beneficial insects and Pest of Horticultural Crops and their Management|
|Poultry Production & Management||Intellectual Property Rights||Elective-2|
|–||Principles of Food Science & Nutrition||Educational Tour|
|Geo-informatics and Nanotechnology||–|
B.Sc Agriculture Course Subjects
Subjects for the distance B.Sc. in Agriculture fall into two categories: core subjects and electives subjects. Projects, summer internships, dissertations, and other assignments are all required. As part of the syllabus structure, all of these elements are included.
In the B.Sc. agricultural degree programme, each subject is structured in such a way that students are given the opportunity to study each topic in depth. Here is a list of some of the B.Sc. Agriculture distance learning subjects that are offered:
|B.Sc Agriculture Core Subjects||B.Sc Agriculture Elective Subjects|
|Fundamentals Of Agricultural Economics||Agri-Business Management|
|Fundamentals Of Agronomy||Crop Improvement And Food Safety|
|Fundamentals Of Plant Biochemistry And Biotechnology||Integrated Crop Management|
|Fundamentals Of Soil Science||Applied Horticulture|
|Human Values And Ethics||Agro-industrial Training|
|Introduction To Forestry||Commercial Beekeeping|
|Intellectual Property Rights||Mushroom Cultivation Technology|
|Principles Of Organic Farming||Seed Production And Technology|
|Crop Improvement||Soil, Plant, Water, and Seed Testing|
|Floriculture And Landscape Architecture|
B.Sc Agriculture Fee
|University Name||Admission Process||fee (Annual)|
|Global Open University||Direct||24,450|
|Uttarankhand Open University||Merit basis||4,340|
|Kumaun University||Merit basis||25,345|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||Merit basis||30,340|
B.SC Agriculture Distance Education IGNOU
IGNOU BSc Agriculture Admission 2023: IGNOU offers various courses through DDE mode. A student can pursue the course offered by IGNOU after being eligible for a required course. In addition, students must fill out an admission application form and, after that, pay the application fee to confirm registration.
But, It makes disappointed those students who want to pursue BSc Agriculture in distance mode from IGNOU. That IGNOU doesn’t offer a BSc Agriculture distance education program.
BSc Agriculture Distance Education at Annamalai University
BSc Agriculture admission has increased over the last few years. The sector has increased various jobs. People are earning lakhs and crores by adopting new technologies in agriculture.
If any student is interested in taking this course, he/she can apply. Admission will soon commence in various universities. Application forms can be submitted at the admission portal of the university.
Note: Annamalai University doesn’t offer a BSc in Agriculture in distance mode.
Kumaun University BSc Agriculture Distance education
As we mentioned above BSc Agriculture is not offered by any institute/University in distance education mode including Kumaun University. But students can pursue a BSc Agriculture programme in regular mode through Kumaun University after completion of 10+2 from any recognized board of senior secondary education in India. The university conducts admission to the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture programme on the basis of an entrance exam.
B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Any College/Institute/University doesn’t offer BSc Agriculture distance education but you can apply for admission to BSc Agriculture in regular mode by following the steps mentioned below:
- Candidates can visit the official website of the institute for admission-related queries.
- Candidates download the application form for offline methods, or candidates can fill out the online application form.
- Candidates need to fill in all the information correctly.
- After completing this application form and fee, the payment applicant gets a notification of the completion of the application procedure.
- After completion of filling out the application form applicant have to take a printout of the fee receipt.
Documents required for admission in B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education:
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Career Scope in B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education
For students who are interested in making a career in the agricultural field, there is the possibility that they may be able to pursue a postgraduate degree programme in agriculture-related subjects, which would broaden their career prospects in terms of career growth.
Employment Areas After B.Sc Agriculture Distance Education
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- National Seeds Corporation Limited (NSCL)
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL)
- National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)
- Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI)
- Central Institute of Agriculture Engineering (CIAE)
- Central Soil and Water Conservation Research and Training Institute (CSWCRTI)
- National Horticulture Board (NHB)
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE)
- Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET)
- Agriculture Officer
- Assistant Plantation Manager
- Agricultural Research Scientist
- Agriculture Development Officers
- Agriculture Technician
- Agriculture Officer Agriculturists
- Business Development Executive
- Marketing Executive
- Specialist officer (Agricultural Field Officer)
- Junior Agricultural Associate
- Field Officer
- Probationary Officer
- Rural Development Officer
- Farm Manager
- Horticulture/ Landscaping Manager
- Plant Breeder
- Crop Trial Officer
- Food Quality Manager
- Project Manager
Note: BSc Agriculture is not offered in distance learning mode by any UGC Approved University.